IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Hari,

I don't know why Sanjay smokes. And I don't care to know. It is none of my business. All I know is that he will be able to stop it the moment he strongly decides to do so.

I have comments on astrological factors.

> > I also make another extremely weak point that Sanjay probably smokes > > to 'reduce' the effect of the sarpa yoga in his chart. My point is by > > smoking, he increases the effect of Ketu (jyotish etc) and > > correspondingly diverts his attention from the effects of Rahu in 4th > > (unhappiness) and Mars in 7th (anger etc).

Even if you are not serious, it is a bad idea to express such notions at all.

Smoking tobacco is not a remedial measure for anything. Period. It does not promote astrology or break Sarpa yoga (Ketu does take part in Sarpa yoga, BTW). If you want a remedial measure for Ketu, doing Jyotish itself is one. You don't have to supplement it with smoking.

Secondly, the notion that Ketu signifies smoking is someone's imagination. Just because there is a phrase called "Dhooma Ketu" (Dhooma=smoke), some people thought Ketu signifies smoking.

When you talk about the karaka of smoking, what is important is not the act of smoking itself or the smoke, but what is being smoked. One person may smoke some herbal preparations made of saattwik herbs once every six months to clear subtle channels of head and another person may smoke tobacco (nicotene) 5 times every day out of addiction. Do you think that the same planet signifies both? Of course, not. If you want the karaka of cigarette smoking, try to understand the nature of nicotene addiction.

The sense of pleasure and sadness experienced by mind are shown by D-16. If dhee is strong, it will keep mind under control. Sub-conscious weaknesses, vulnerabilities and evils are shown by D-30. Thus, all addictions should have a link to D-16 and D-30.

I will look for malefic influences on Moon (manas), Jupiter (dhee) and paka lagna (choices) of D-16 (sense of pleasure and sadness). If the malefics influencing them are associated with dussthanas in D-30, it is even better.

If any of you are addicted to smoking (or something else) and want to overcome the addiction, try reading Gayatri mantra (with svaram - correct intonation) 216 times every morning. That will strengthen dhee and help you overcome any addictions or weaknesses. Gayatri mantra is most powerful.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

-------------------------------Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------------

Guest guest

` ïI ra"veNÔ gué_yae nm>

om çré räghavendra gurubhyo namaù

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Swee Ji,

Herbal smoke is agreed but not cigarette smoking is good for health.Can you find any findings in Vedas about cigarette or any kind of intoxication ?

Next is Ketu is Karaka for smoking.What kind of smoking ? Ketu is a planet of obstruction.He is Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in anything other than attaining Moksha.When a person dies, as per our tradition, his dead body will be burnt in a crematorium.Now the smoke comes out from his burn dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may take the person to Moksha depending on his good deeds ( Punya ) in the present and nullifying of any past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

I hope the learned memebers agree with me.

With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Jaya JagannathaDear Prabodh,If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in times of yore, peoplewere eating meat. There were only certain "holy" tithis when one is offeringa rite that one has to abstain for that day/period. Would be good if you cankindly look for those passages??Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for clearing the head andneck (for better eyesight etc). Love,Sweesohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf OfPrabodh VekhandeFriday, September 09, 2005 5:25 PMsohamsa Subject: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - ToLakshmiDear Hari Namaste[Hari] That is your perception. I first felt that you were joking when you said

that smoking can beused to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels that smoking canboost his intelligence then possibly there must be some 'odd' reasonfor this!>Where from you have written all this, Prabodh? Again, this is > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before you>write > such comments.Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with myself. By anychance, if I made you to loose your calm please excuse me. But I justfelt that by even suggesting weak argument on public forum you triedto justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a clue from this andstart telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa dosha! I know thatyou never said that but people may. > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS. Varnarogacharmatishulashutakshudharti karak ketuHThis is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find smoking in thisthat is why I

asked for the reference.>Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a little money on >yourself. I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a product that is soldwith a health warning be a luxury? >BTW, I had the chance to chat > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I wrote.I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj and Sai Baba hehad to agree with you!Thanks a lot for your Time and Sapce.Prabodh VekhandeJai Jai ShankarHar Har Shankarsohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi@g...> wrote:> *om brihaspate abhisastiramunca*> ** > Dear Prabodh, > My replies below. > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that smoking will boost his > intelligence. At least he should not have!> [Hari] That is your perception. > Further you said:> "I also make

another extremely weak point that Sanjay probablysmokes to > 'reduce' the effect of the sarpa yoga in his chart. "> > I again disagree to this. If we start telling this 'remedy' toothers we > will soon land up in reading Kitabs rather than Granthas!> [Hari] I accept your disagreement. I already said it was a weakpoint and > hence I fail to see how you came up with this inference of yoursbased on my > statement. I never said it was a remedy nor proposed that this beconsidered > as a remedy. Where from you have written all this, Prabodh? Again,this is > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before youwrite > such comments.> > BTw why ketu is karaka for Smoking? I mean one smokes because of strong > desire to do so(You can confirm with anybody who smokes!) and strongdesire > to the extent of killing slowly oneself will be because of

Rahu. Such > effects of Rahu can be controlled through strong Guru. Sanjay ji hasGuru in > Lagna in Meena. Why then Guru is not getting activated? Aspect ofMars and > Shani? But in other areas like Jyotish his Guru is fully activatedso how to > determine if a planet will support in a perticular aspect of thelife or > not? > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS. Thedesire to > smoke is seen from D-16. Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a > little money on yourself. > All your questions are one and the same question to which I putforth my > answer and gave an interesting observation. BTW, I had the chance tochat > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I wrote.> regards> Hari*tat savitur varenyam*

Guest guest

Pranam Sanjayji,

In my case Ketu is aspecting lagna by rashi dristi - in D1

Best wishes

jk

sohamsa [sohamsa ]On Behalf Of Guru Sanjay RathSaturday, September 10, 2005 1:18 PMsohamsa Subject: RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

Dear Ramdas ji

Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and bad. It all depends on context and other influences. He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right in her statement that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and try *tea leaves* for that. It works fine but you could cough your guts out if you do this once in six months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears the neck and head!! :) Honestly I don't know.

Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes a person to smoke but what he or she will smoke will depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is not good for the Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind of an eclipse - like an addiction. The tar and other things coming in are due to the way it is smoked these days using cigarettes having lots of chemicals. I am confidant that if a proper Hookah (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke through clarified rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous substances and then the smoke will be very healthy....or more correctly i.e. not unhealthy.

I thin Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi and navamsa. What about others?

With best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram Hospital Road

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Ramadas RaoFriday, September 09, 2005 10:07 PMsohamsa Subject: RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

` ïI ra"veNÔ gué_yae nm>

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Swee Ji,

Herbal smoke is agreed but not cigarette smoking is good for health.Can you find any findings in Vedas about cigarette or any kind of intoxication ?

Next is Ketu is Karaka for smoking.What kind of smoking ? Ketu is a planet of obstruction.He is Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in anything other than attaining Moksha.When a person dies, as per our tradition, his dead body will be burnt in a crematorium.Now the smoke comes out from his burn dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may take the person to Moksha depending on his good deeds ( Punya ) in the present and nullifying of any past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

Jaya JagannathaDear Prabodh,If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in times of yore, peoplewere eating meat. There were only certain "holy" tithis when one is offeringa rite that one has to abstain for that day/period. Would be good if you cankindly look for those passages??Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for clearing the head andneck (for better eyesight etc). Love,Sweesohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf OfPrabodh VekhandeFriday, September 09, 2005 5:25 PMsohamsa Subject: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - ToLakshmiDear Hari Namaste[Hari] That is your perception. I first felt that you were joking when you said that smoking can beused to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels that smoking canboost his intelligence then possibly there must be some 'odd' reasonfor this!>Where from you have written all this, Prabodh? Again, this is > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before you>write > such comments.Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with myself. By anychance, if I made you to loose your calm please excuse me. But I justfelt that by even suggesting weak argument on public forum you triedto justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a clue from this andstart telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa dosha! I know thatyou never said that but people may. > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS. Varnarogacharmatishulashutakshudharti karak ketuHThis is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find smoking in thisthat is why I asked for the reference.>Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a little money on >yourself. I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a product that is soldwith a health warning be a luxury? >BTW, I had the chance to chat > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I wrote.I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj and Sai Baba hehad to agree with you!Thanks a lot for your Time and Sapce.Prabodh VekhandeJai Jai ShankarHar Har Shankarsohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi@g...> wrote:> *om brihaspate abhisastiramunca*> ** > Dear Prabodh, > My replies below. > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that smoking will boost his > intelligence. At least he should not have!> [Hari] That is your perception. > Further you said:> "I also make another extremely weak point that Sanjay probablysmokes to > 'reduce' the effect of the sarpa yoga in his chart. "> > I again disagree to this. If we start telling this 'remedy' toothers we > will soon land up in reading Kitabs rather than Granthas!> [Hari] I accept your disagreement. I already said it was a weakpoint and > hence I fail to see how you came up with this inference of yoursbased on my > statement. I never said it was a remedy nor proposed that this beconsidered > as a remedy. Where from you have written all this, Prabodh? Again,this is > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before youwrite > such comments.> > BTw why ketu is karaka for Smoking? I mean one smokes because of strong > desire to do so(You can confirm with anybody who smokes!) and strongdesire > to the extent of killing slowly oneself will be because of Rahu. Such > effects of Rahu can be controlled through strong Guru. Sanjay ji hasGuru in > Lagna in Meena. Why then Guru is not getting activated? Aspect ofMars and > Shani? But in other areas like Jyotish his Guru is fully activatedso how to > determine if a planet will support in a perticular aspect of thelife or > not? > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS. Thedesire to > smoke is seen from D-16. Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a > little money on yourself. > All your questions are one and the same question to which I putforth my > answer and gave an interesting observation. BTW, I had the chance tochat > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I wrote.> regards> Hari*tat savitur varenyam*

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Lakshmi,

Namaste

I would think likes and dislikes would be seen through the Moon and from

lagna, it is the Sun. From AL, it would be Rahu (maya). What say thou?

Love,

Swee

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of

lakshmi ramesh

Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:51 PM

sohamsa

RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

Lakshmi

Om Gurave Namah

Namaste Guruji,

>

> I thin Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi and navamsa.

So does Rahu, Sir :--))

Rahu is the exalted dispositor of Moon; aspects Moon

in addition to lagna; is in 4th house, which is the

seat of all likes/dislikes. Doesn't all this imply

some habit which adversely impacts air flow in the

body?

Moon is in the 12th from lagna and jupiter, and hence

is unlikely to listen to Dhi?

Regards,

Lakshmi

>

> With best wishes and warm regards,

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath Center®

> 15B Gangaram Hospital Road

> New Delhi 110060, India

> <http://srath.com/> http://srath.com,

> +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

>

> _____

>

> sohamsa

> [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of

> Ramadas Rao

> Friday, September 09, 2005 10:07 PM

> sohamsa

> RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits

> PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

>

>

> ` ïI ra " veNÔ gué_yae nm>

>

> om çré räghavendra gurubhyo namaù

>

> ` nmae naray[ay,

>

> om namo näräyaëäya|

>

> Dear Swee Ji,

> Herbal smoke is agreed but not cigarette smoking is

> good for health.Can you

> find any findings in Vedas about cigarette or any

> kind of intoxication ?

> Next is Ketu is Karaka for smoking.What kind of

> smoking ? Ketu is a planet

> of obstruction.He is Moksha Karaka ie., He is not

> interested in anything

> other than attaining Moksha.When a person dies, as

> per our tradition, his

> dead body will be burnt in a crematorium.Now the

> smoke comes out from his

> burn dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which

> may take the person to

> Moksha depending on his good deeds ( Punya ) in the

> present and nullifying

> of any past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

> I hope the learned memebers agree with me.

> With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

> Ramadas Rao.

>

> Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Prabodh,

>

> If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in

> times of yore, people

> were eating meat. There were only certain " holy "

> tithis when one is offering

> a rite that one has to abstain for that day/period.

> Would be good if you can

> kindly look for those passages??

>

> Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for

> clearing the head and

> neck (for better eyesight etc).

>

>

> Love,

>

> Swee

>

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa

> Prabodh Vekhande

> Friday, September 09, 2005 5:25 PM

> sohamsa

> Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1

> (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

> Dear Hari Namaste

>

> [Hari] That is your perception.

>

> I first felt that you were joking when you said that

> smoking can be

> used to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels

> that smoking can

> boost his intelligence then possibly there must be

> some 'odd' reason

> for this!

>

> >Where from you have written all this, Prabodh?

> Again, this is

> > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and

> think twice before you

> >write

> > such comments.

>

> Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with

> myself. By any

> chance, if I made you to loose your calm please

> excuse me. But I just

> felt that by even suggesting weak argument on public

> forum you tried

> to justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a

> clue from this and

> start telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa

> dosha! I know that

> you never said that but people may.

>

> > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of

> Ketu in BPHS.

>

> Varnarogacharmatishulashutakshudharti karak ketuH

>

> This is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find

> smoking in this

> that is why I asked for the reference.

>

> >Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a

> little money on >yourself.

>

> I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a

> product that is sold

> with a health warning be a luxury?

>

> >BTW, I had the chance to chat

> > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree

> with what I wrote.

>

> I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj

> and Sai Baba he

> had to agree with you!

>

>

> Thanks a lot for your Time and Sapce.

>

> Prabodh Vekhande

> Jai Jai Shankar

> Har Har Shankar

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya

> <achyutagaddi@g...> wrote:

> > *om brihaspate abhisastiramunca*

> > **

> > Dear Prabodh,

> > My replies below.

> > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that

> smoking will boost his

> > intelligence. At least he should not have!

> > [Hari] That is your perception.

> > Further you said:

> > " I also make another extremely weak point that

> Sanjay

=== message truncated ===

____

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

http://store./redcross-donate3/

*tat savitur varenyam*

Guest guest

Dear Rathji,

I have Ketu in Lagna (Pisces). I find any kind of smoke suffocating (cigarette smoke, smoke from burning wood etc) Also find some perfumes suffocating especially sandalwood perfume (real sandalwood smell is ok).

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sonali Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Dear Ramdas ji

Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and bad. It all depends on context and other influences. He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right in her statement that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and try *tea leaves* for that. It works fine but you could cough your guts out if you do this once in six months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears the neck and head!! :) Honestly I don't know.

Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes a person to smoke but what he or she will smoke will depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is not good for the Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind of an eclipse - like an addiction. The tar and other things coming in are due to the way it is smoked these days using cigarettes having lots of chemicals. I am confidant that if a proper Hookah (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke through clarified rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous substances and then the smoke will be very healthy....or more correctly i.e. not unhealthy.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Ramadas RaoFriday, September 09, 2005 10:07 PMsohamsa Subject: RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

` ïI ra"veNÔ gué_yae nm>

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Swee Ji,

Jaya JagannathaDear Prabodh,If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in times of yore, peoplewere eating meat. There were only certain "holy" tithis when one is offeringa rite that one has to abstain for that day/period. Would be good if you cankindly look for those passages??Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for clearing the head andneck (for better eyesight etc). Love,Sweesohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf OfPrabodh VekhandeFriday, September 09, 2005 5:25 PMsohamsa Subject: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - ToLakshmiDear Hari Namaste[Hari] That is your perception. I first felt that you were joking when you said

that smoking can beused to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels that smoking canboost his intelligence then possibly there must be some 'odd' reasonfor this!>Where from you have written all this, Prabodh? Again, this is > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before you>write > such comments.Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with myself. By anychance, if I made you to loose your calm please excuse me. But I justfelt that by even suggesting weak argument on public forum you triedto justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a clue from this andstart telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa dosha! I know thatyou never said that but people may. > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS. Varnarogacharmatishulashutakshudharti karak ketuHThis is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find smoking in thisthat is why I

asked for the reference.>Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a little money on >yourself. I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a product that is soldwith a health warning be a luxury? >BTW, I had the chance to chat > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I wrote.I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj and Sai Baba hehad to agree with you!Thanks a lot for your Time and Sapce.Prabodh VekhandeJai Jai ShankarHar Har Shankarsohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi@g...> wrote:> *om brihaspate abhisastiramunca*> ** > Dear Prabodh, > My replies below. > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that smoking will boost his > intelligence. At least he should not have!> [Hari] That is your perception. > Further you said:> "I also make

another extremely weak point that Sanjay probablysmokes to > 'reduce' the effect of the sarpa yoga in his chart. "> > I again disagree to this. If we start telling this 'remedy' toothers we > will soon land up in reading Kitabs rather than Granthas!> [Hari] I accept your disagreement. I already said it was a weakpoint and > hence I fail to see how you came up with this inference of yoursbased on my > statement. I never said it was a remedy nor proposed that this beconsidered > as a remedy. Where from you have written all this, Prabodh? Again,this is > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before youwrite > such comments.> > BTw why ketu is karaka for Smoking? I mean one smokes because of strong > desire to do so(You can confirm with anybody who smokes!) and strongdesire > to the extent of killing slowly oneself will be because of

Rahu. Such > effects of Rahu can be controlled through strong Guru. Sanjay ji hasGuru in > Lagna in Meena. Why then Guru is not getting activated? Aspect ofMars and > Shani? But in other areas like Jyotish his Guru is fully activatedso how to > determine if a planet will support in a perticular aspect of thelife or > not? > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS. Thedesire to > smoke is seen from D-16. Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a > little money on yourself. > All your questions are one and the same question to which I putforth my > answer and gave an interesting observation. BTW, I had the chance tochat > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I wrote.> regards> Hari*tat savitur varenyam*

Guest guest

Dear Rathji,

I have Ketu in Lagna (Pisces). I find any kind of smoke suffocating (cigarette smoke, smoke from burning wood etc) Also find some perfumes suffocating especially sandalwood perfume (real sandalwood smell is ok).

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sonali Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Dear Ramdas ji

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

` ïI ra"veNÔ gué_yae nm>

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Swee Ji,

Guest guest

` ïI ra"veNÔ gué_yae nm>

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

I have clearly said that herbal smoking is allowed.I have strong opposition for Cigarette smoking.Herbal medicines are used from years.Regarding Ketu's Karakattwa, I have given the exact meaning in terms of smoke as he is Vairagya Karaka/Moksha Karaka.The smoke comes out from burnt dead body is signified by Ketu.

Also all kinds of intoxicants like tobacco ( in the form of cigarette),Coffee,tea ( not herbal tea ) etc.,are all banned who practices Jyotish.

The above are my views after careful studying Prashna Margam 1st chapter.

With Shri Hari vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Dear Ramdas ji

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

` ïI ra"veNÔ gué_yae nm>

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Swee Ji,

Guest guest

|| Namah Shivay ||

I have Ketu in Lagna with Saturn. I'm not a heavy

smoker. I smoke off and on. Funny thing is that i hate

the smell of cigarette smoke. Whenever I'm decide to

quit, sadhana of Mahadev Shiva helps (Sun in fifth

with second lord Moon)

Gemini Lagna (Air Sign)- Saturn and Ketu in Lagna

Second house - No planets. Aspected by Mars in 11th

house (Aries) and Jupiter (Debilitated in 8th).

Lagna lord (Merc), second lord (Moon) and Atmakaraka

(Venus) are aspected by Mars.

In general I have strong influence of Nodes, Sat,

Mars.

I think any addiction should come from nodes because

addiction signifies bad judgment or no judgement,

headless like Ketu. Some addiction may also be caused

by desire for pleasure (Maya) that is signified by

Rahu.

Addiction that is causing bad health should come from

6th and 8th lord, Ketu/Mars and Saturn in my case.

When they get related to nodes and second lord we get

tendency for addiction that causes bad health.

-rajneesh

PS: Attaching birth details.

--- agatha christie <agathachristie22

wrote:

> Dear Rathji,

>

> I have Ketu in Lagna (Pisces). I find any kind of

> smoke suffocating (cigarette smoke, smoke from

> burning wood etc) Also find some perfumes

> suffocating especially sandalwood perfume (real

> sandalwood smell is ok).

>

> Thanks & Best Regards,

> Sonali

>

> Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

> om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

> Dear Ramdas ji

> Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and

> bad. It all depends on context and other influences.

> He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right in her statement

> that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and

> try *tea leaves* for that. It works fine but you

> could cough your guts out if you do this once in six

> months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears the

> neck and head!! :) Honestly I don't know.

>

> Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes

> a person to smoke but what he or she will smoke will

> depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is not good for the

> Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind

> of an eclipse - like an addiction. The tar and other

> things coming in are due to the way it is smoked

> these days using cigarettes having lots of

> chemicals. I am confidant that if a proper Hookah

> (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke through clarified

> rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous

> substances and then the smoke will be very

> healthy....or more correctly i.e. not unhealthy.

>

> What about others?

>

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath Center®

> http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa

> Ramadas Rao

> sohamsa

> PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ` nmae naray[ay,

>

> om namo näräyaëäya|

> Dear Swee Ji,

> good for health.Can you find any findings in Vedas

> about cigarette or any kind of intoxication ?

> smoking ? Ketu is a planet of obstruction.He is

> Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in anything

> per our tradition, his dead body will be burnt in a

> crematorium.Now the smoke comes out from his burn

> dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may

> take the person to Moksha depending on his good

> deeds ( Punya ) in the present and nullifying of any

> past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

> Ramadas Rao.

>

> Swee Chan <swee wrote:

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Prabodh,

>

> times of yore, people

>

> clearing the head and

>

>

> Love,

>

> Swee

>

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa

> Prabodh Vekhande

> sohamsa

> (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

> Dear Hari Namaste

>

>

> smoking can be

> that smoking can

> some 'odd' reason

> for this!

>

> Again, this is

> think twice before you

> >write

> > such comments.

>

> myself. By any

> excuse me. But I just

> forum you tried

> clue from this and

> dosha! I know that

>

> Ketu in BPHS.

>

>

> smoking in this

>

>

> product that is sold

>

> with what I wrote.

>

> and Sai Baba he

> had to agree with you!

>

>

>

> Prabodh Vekhande

> Jai Jai Shankar

> Har Har Shankar

>

>

>

>

> > **

> > Dear Prabodh,

> > My replies below.

> smoking will boost his

> > Further you said:

> Sanjay probably

> smokes to

>

____

Guest guest

Respected Sanjay Ji,

In Rahu Dasha, I was a very heavy smoker indeed and my health was

very poor for it. (11th June, 1972; 10:17 AM; Cuttack, Orissa). Rahu

aspects the Paka Lagna with Rashi and Graha Drishti from the 6th

Bhava of vices. Ketu also aspects the Paka Lagna with Rashi Drishti

from the 12th House.

As you say, the impact on both the body (Surya/ Paka Lagna) and the

mind (Moon, exalted but Amavasya Tithi) and the steady conjunction

of Shani with the luminaries and the Paka Lagna made smoking

irresistible. I gave up slowly on Guru Vimshottari Dasha though sade-

Sati gave some interesting results. When the assualt of Shani became

too much, I would have the rare smoke and it would

alleviate 'something'.

I find that in the Tithi Pravesha Chakra, whenever Rahu becomes

active, the desire to smoke becomes intense. Now, even the

occasional smoke plays havoc with my system. The interesting thing

is that all this used to activate my 10th House in interesting ways:

it gave me an illusory acceptance and much more than that and active

participation in the Rahu Dasha. There was a lot of motion and

dynamism involved with the phase, even though it was mercilessly

hurtful, particluarly in times like Rahu-Shani.

I no longer smoke and fell terribly ill last week when for some

reason I smoked in the Daitya Guru Shukra's Tithi Ashtottari Dasha.

Just thought I would share this.

Regards.

Anurag.

sohamsa , " Guru Sanjay Rath " <guruji@s...>

wrote:

> Dear Ramdas ji

> Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and bad. It all

depends on

> context and other influences. He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right

in her

> statement that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and try

*tea

> leaves* for that. It works fine but you could cough your guts out

if you do

> this once in six months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears

the neck and

> head!! :) Honestly I don't know.

>

> Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes a person to

smoke but

> what he or she will smoke will depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is

not good

> for the Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind of an

eclipse -

> like an addiction. The tar and other things coming in are due to

the way it

> is smoked these days using cigarettes having lots of chemicals. I

am

> confidant that if a proper Hookah (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke

through

> clarified rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous

substances and

> then the smoke will be very healthy....or more correctly i.e. not

unhealthy.

>

> I thin Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi and navamsa. What about

others?

>

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath Center®

> <http://srath.com/> http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

>

> _____

>

> sohamsa [sohamsa ] On

Behalf Of

> Ramadas Rao

> sohamsa

> RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea &

Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

>

>

>

>

> ` nmae naray[ay,

>

> om namo näräyaëäya|

>

> Dear Swee Ji,

> Herbal smoke is agreed but not cigarette smoking is good for

health.Can you

> find any findings in Vedas about cigarette or any kind of

intoxication ?

> Next is Ketu is Karaka for smoking.What kind of smoking ? Ketu is

a planet

> of obstruction.He is Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in

anything

> other than attaining Moksha.When a person dies, as per our

tradition, his

> dead body will be burnt in a crematorium.Now the smoke comes out

from his

> burn dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may take the

person to

> Moksha depending on his good deeds ( Punya ) in the present and

nullifying

> of any past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

> Ramadas Rao.

>

> Swee Chan <swee@c...> wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Prabodh,

>

> If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in times of

yore, people

> were eating meat. There were only certain " holy " tithis when one

is offering

> a rite that one has to abstain for that day/period. Would be good

if you can

>

> Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for clearing the

head and

>

>

> Love,

>

> Swee

>

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa [sohamsa ] On

Behalf Of

> Prabodh Vekhande

> sohamsa

> Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea &

Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

> Dear Hari Namaste

>

>

> I first felt that you were joking when you said that smoking can be

> used to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels that smoking can

> boost his intelligence then possibly there must be some 'odd'

reason

> for this!

>

> >Where from you have written all this, Prabodh? Again, this is

> > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before

you

> >write

> > such comments.

>

> Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with myself. By any

> chance, if I made you to loose your calm please excuse me. But I

just

> felt that by even suggesting weak argument on public forum you

tried

> to justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a clue from this

and

> start telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa dosha! I know

that

>

> > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS.

>

>

> This is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find smoking in

this

>

> >Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a little money on

>yourself.

>

> I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a product that is

sold

>

> > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I

wrote.

>

> I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj and Sai Baba he

> had to agree with you!

>

>

>

> Prabodh Vekhande

> Jai Jai Shankar

> Har Har Shankar

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi@g...>

wrote:

> > **

> > Dear Prabodh,

> > My replies below.

> > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that smoking will boost

his

> > Further you said:

> > " I also make another extremely weak point that Sanjay probably

> smokes to

> > 'reduce' the effect of the sarpa yoga in his chart. "

> >

> > I again disagree to this. If we start telling this 'remedy' to

> others we

> > will soon land up in reading Kitabs rather than Granthas!

> > [Hari] I accept your disagreement. I already said it was a weak

> point and

> > hence I fail to see how you came up with this inference of yours

> based on my

> > statement. I never said it was a remedy nor proposed that this be

> considered

> > as a remedy. Where from you have written all this, Prabodh?

Again,

> this is

> > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and think twice before

you

> write

> > such comments.

> >

> > BTw why ketu is karaka for Smoking? I mean one smokes because of

strong

> > desire to do so(You can confirm with anybody who smokes!) and

strong

> desire

> > to the extent of killing slowly oneself will be because of Rahu.

Such

> > effects of Rahu can be controlled through strong Guru. Sanjay ji

has

> Guru in

> > Lagna in Meena. Why then Guru is not getting activated? Aspect of

> Mars and

> > Shani? But in other areas like Jyotish his Guru is fully

activated

> so how to

> > determine if a planet will support in a perticular aspect of the

> life or

> > not?

> > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of Ketu in BPHS. The

> desire to

> > smoke is seen from D-16. Smoking is essentially a luxury or

spending a

> > little money on yourself.

> > All your questions are one and the same question to which I put

> forth my

> > answer and gave an interesting observation. BTW, I had the

chance to

> chat

> > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree with what I

wrote.

> > regards

> > Hari

*tat savitur varenyam*

>

Guest guest

om hrim gurudevaya namah

Dear Gurudev,

Pranams.

Little thoughts from a heavy smoker:

Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi, not in navamsa.

Same placements in both charts than in yours i.e. exaltation in rasi

and swakshetra in navamsa. Not the weakest ones.

Also, there are always associations with Mars either by aspect or

lordship. Smoking is a hot " process " .

Yours respectfully,

Pierre

wrote:

> Dear Ramdas ji

>

> I thin Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi and navamsa. What about others?

>

> Sanjay Rath

Guest guest

Dear Hari,

> I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I responded to the question > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the vedas etc?'. Here the > inference was that a person very learned in the vedas would not be having > any vice.

We should only discuss the astrological aspects and try to stay away from morality issues. If somebody brings up morality issues, he/she deserves to be ignored.

All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up prominently (e.g. smoking, alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden inside and not visible externally.

All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies (kaama/desire, krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion, mada/wantonness, matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which afflict us at the impulse/instinct level, are much more important to conquer than simple external habits such as smoking and alcoholism.

Just because we don't have certain habits, we should not consider ourselves worthy of commenting on other people's habits. Instead, we should try to conquer our own internal enemies.

> In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as smoky. The typical temperature > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot end of the > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke entering the mouth. Thus the > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of heat depending on the > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu (infrared heat) as an > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my opinion.

If Rahu and Ketu are described as "smoky", it does not make them the karakas of smoking tobacco.

We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as temperature, shape and color of things involved. One can say that Venus signifies hot black coffee, because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy nature. One can say that Mars (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars shows hot things. One can say that black coffee is black in color and hence Saturn signifies it. One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But this is not a logical approach.

The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is an addiction. Ketu stands for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of liberation and an addiction is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa assignment that goes purely by the external attributes and ignores the crux of the matter is unacceptable to me.

I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu shows smoking, but I have to respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical. Just as I have my firm views, others are welcome to have their own firm views!

Lakshmi wrote:

> It pains me to see all the young indian men smoking in SJC.

Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer stopped smoking a few months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this year. Hopefully, he will not start again.

Narasimha

-------------------------------Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------------

> ||om bhurbhuvahsvah brihaspataye namah||> Dear Narasimha,> I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I responded to the question > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the vedas etc?'. Here the > inference was that a person very learned in the vedas would not be having > any vice. > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation but I do accept your point > that it is better not to make such observations whether weak or strong at > all. Thanks for your advice.> In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as smoky. The typical temperature > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot end of the > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke entering the mouth. Thus the > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of heat depending on the > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu (infrared heat) as an > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my opinion.> Now the smoke contains nicotine and some tar compounds. You have said that > it is necessary to understand the mechanism of nicotine addiction and that > is why I brought the pancha pranas into the discussion. However I do not > know how to relate this astrologically and Sanjay gave a hint that I need to > study the sukshma tatva in order to do this analysis. > regards> Hari

Guest guest

Pranam Guruji,

I have Kethu in my lagna(Gemini). I am allergic to

cigarette smoke, can't even sit in the same room with

anyone smoking.

Rema

--- agatha christie <agathachristie22

wrote:

> Dear Rathji,

>

> I have Ketu in Lagna (Pisces). I find any kind of

> smoke suffocating (cigarette smoke, smoke from

> burning wood etc) Also find some perfumes

> suffocating especially sandalwood perfume (real

> sandalwood smell is ok).

>

> Thanks & Best Regards,

> Sonali

>

> Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

> Dear Ramdas ji

> Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and

> bad. It all depends on context and other influences.

> He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right in her statement

> that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and

> try *tea leaves* for that. It works fine but you

> could cough your guts out if you do this once in six

> months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears the

> neck and head!! :) Honestly I don't know.

>

> Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes

> a person to smoke but what he or she will smoke will

> depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is not good for the

> Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind

> of an eclipse - like an addiction. The tar and other

> things coming in are due to the way it is smoked

> these days using cigarettes having lots of

> chemicals. I am confidant that if a proper Hookah

> (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke through clarified

> rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous

> substances and then the smoke will be very

> healthy....or more correctly i.e. not unhealthy.

>

> What about others?

>

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath Center®

> http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa

> Ramadas Rao

> sohamsa

> PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ` nmae naray[ay,

>

> om namo näräyaëäya|

> Dear Swee Ji,

> good for health.Can you find any findings in Vedas

> about cigarette or any kind of intoxication ?

> smoking ? Ketu is a planet of obstruction.He is

> Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in anything

> per our tradition, his dead body will be burnt in a

> crematorium.Now the smoke comes out from his burn

> dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may

> take the person to Moksha depending on his good

> deeds ( Punya ) in the present and nullifying of any

> past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

> Ramadas Rao.

>

> Swee Chan <swee wrote:

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Prabodh,

>

> times of yore, people

>

> clearing the head and

>

>

> Love,

>

> Swee

>

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa

> Prabodh Vekhande

> sohamsa

> (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

> Dear Hari Namaste

>

>

> smoking can be

> that smoking can

> some 'odd' reason

> for this!

>

> Again, this is

> think twice before you

> >write

> > such comments.

>

> myself. By any

> excuse me. But I just

> forum you tried

> clue from this and

> dosha! I know that

>

> Ketu in BPHS.

>

>

> smoking in this

>

>

> product that is sold

>

> with what I wrote.

>

> and Sai Baba he

> had to agree with you!

>

>

>

> Prabodh Vekhande

> Jai Jai Shankar

> Har Har Shankar

>

>

>

>

> > **

> > Dear Prabodh,

> > My replies below.

> smoking will boost his

> > Further you said:

> Sanjay probably

> smokes to

>

____

Guest guest

om bhurbhuvahsvah brihaspataye namah

Dear Narasimha, namaste & pranaams.

If Rahu and Ketu are described as " smoky " , it does not make them the karakas of smoking tobacco.

[Hari] Indeed this is not the correct inference. Both the nodes have the ability to eclipse the luminaries with Rahu being malefic for the Sun and Ketu likewise for the Moon. Now this eclipse phenomenon can refer not only to the actual astronomical phenomena but also simply to the obscuring of the light. As the old saying goes, there is no smoke without fire and thus when Sanjay said that *dhumra* Ketu describes all sorts of smoke, both good and bad, he is simply referring to the phenomena of smoke produced by heat (consistent with the description of Ketu as an higher octave of Mars). In a likewise manner, Rahu represents the smoke produced by condensation or cooling (consistent with the description of Rahu as an higher octave of Saturn), the popular example being that of fog. Thus BPHS is perfectly right in describing Rahu and Ketu as smoky because both these nodes work to obscure the light but in different ways.

Keeping this in mind, it is logical to see that Ketu is the karaka for smoking because cigarette smoke is being inhaled. Ketu as the moksha karaka has a different meaning or perhaps is meant to be applied in a different context. One cannot mix up these two and argue along these lines. Now when we talk about inhaling, we need to know the panchapranas and what the smoke does to these pranas. Secondly, smoking is also a conscious decision (Moon) where inspite of knowing it is bad, one still smokes i.e., an eclipse of the mind as Sanjay pointed out earlier. For this, we need to look at the shodasamsa and trimsamsa as you pointed out. Lastly, as to whether one smokes or not, Sanjay pointed out that it depends on where Ketu is posited in the chart and I suggest that Ketu in fiery signs and aspecting lagna is more likely to make one smoke than Ketu in watery signs.

We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as temperature, shape and color of things involved. One can say that Venus signifies hot black coffee, because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy nature. One can say that Mars (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars shows hot things. One can say that black coffee is black in color and hence Saturn signifies it. One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But this is not a logical approach.

[Hari] Definitely not a logical approach. The correct way is to define primary, secondary and tertiary karakas in order to be able to differentiate. All hot drinks have a primary karaka and then one can distinguish. I had touched on this in an earlier mail on karakas for vahana. I welcome your views in this topic.

The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is an addiction. Ketu stands for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of liberation and an addiction is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa assignment that goes purely by the external attributes and ignores the crux of the matter is unacceptable to me.

[Hari] I do not think that this is a consistent argument for reasons which I gave above.

Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer stopped smoking a few months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this year. Hopefully, he will not start again.

[Hari] Let us have Narayan's chart to see why he stopped smoking.

regards

Hari

Guest guest

Om mahaganapataye namah

in my chart Kt aspects Lagna, both in Rasi and in Navamsa, and I

can't give up smoking. I smoke 27 years.

Best regards,

Voja

sohamsa , Rema Menon <remamenon> wrote:

> Pranam Guruji,

> I have Kethu in my lagna(Gemini). I am allergic to

> cigarette smoke, can't even sit in the same room with

> anyone smoking.

> Rema

>

> --- agatha christie <agathachristie22>

> wrote:

>

> > Dear Rathji,

> >

> > I have Ketu in Lagna (Pisces). I find any kind of

> > smoke suffocating (cigarette smoke, smoke from

> > burning wood etc) Also find some perfumes

> > suffocating especially sandalwood perfume (real

> > sandalwood smell is ok).

> >

> > Thanks & Best Regards,

> > Sonali

> >

> > Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji@s...> wrote:

> > om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

> > Dear Ramdas ji

> > Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and

> > bad. It all depends on context and other influences.

> > He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right in her statement

> > that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and

> > try *tea leaves* for that. It works fine but you

> > could cough your guts out if you do this once in six

> > months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears the

> > neck and head!! :) Honestly I don't know.

> >

> > Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes

> > a person to smoke but what he or she will smoke will

> > depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is not good for the

> > Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind

> > of an eclipse - like an addiction. The tar and other

> > things coming in are due to the way it is smoked

> > these days using cigarettes having lots of

> > chemicals. I am confidant that if a proper Hookah

> > (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke through clarified

> > rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous

> > substances and then the smoke will be very

> > healthy....or more correctly i.e. not unhealthy.

> >

> > I thin Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi and navamsa.

> > What about others?

> >

> > With best wishes and warm regards,

> > Sanjay Rath

> > * * *

> > Sri Jagannath Center®

> > 15B Gangaram Hospital Road

> > New Delhi 110060, India

> > http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

> > * * *

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > sohamsa

> > [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of

> > Ramadas Rao

> > Friday, September 09, 2005 10:07 PM

> > sohamsa

> > RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits

> > PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ` ïI ra " veNÔ gué_yae nm>

> >

> > om çré räghavendra gurubhyo namaù

> >

> > ` nmae naray[ay,

> >

> > om namo näräyaëäya|

> > Dear Swee Ji,

> > Herbal smoke is agreed but not cigarette smoking is

> > good for health.Can you find any findings in Vedas

> > about cigarette or any kind of intoxication ?

> > Next is Ketu is Karaka for smoking.What kind of

> > smoking ? Ketu is a planet of obstruction.He is

> > Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in anything

> > other than attaining Moksha.When a person dies, as

> > per our tradition, his dead body will be burnt in a

> > crematorium.Now the smoke comes out from his burn

> > dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may

> > take the person to Moksha depending on his good

> > deeds ( Punya ) in the present and nullifying of any

> > past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

> > I hope the learned memebers agree with me.

> > With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

> > Ramadas Rao.

> >

> > Swee Chan <swee@c...> wrote:

> > Jaya Jagannatha

> >

> > Dear Prabodh,

> >

> > If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in

> > times of yore, people

> > were eating meat. There were only certain " holy "

> > tithis when one is offering

> > a rite that one has to abstain for that day/period.

> > Would be good if you can

> > kindly look for those passages??

> >

> > Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for

> > clearing the head and

> > neck (for better eyesight etc).

> >

> >

> > Love,

> >

> > Swee

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > sohamsa

> > [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of

> > Prabodh Vekhande

> > Friday, September 09, 2005 5:25 PM

> > sohamsa

> > Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1

> > (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> > Lakshmi

> >

> > Dear Hari Namaste

> >

> >

> > I first felt that you were joking when you said that

> > smoking can be

> > used to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels

> > that smoking can

> > boost his intelligence then possibly there must be

> > some 'odd' reason

> > for this!

> >

> > >Where from you have written all this, Prabodh?

> > Again, this is

> > > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and

> > think twice before you

> > >write

> > > such comments.

> >

> > Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with

> > myself. By any

> > chance, if I made you to loose your calm please

> > excuse me. But I just

> > felt that by even suggesting weak argument on public

> > forum you tried

> > to justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a

> > clue from this and

> > start telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa

> > dosha! I know that

> > you never said that but people may.

> >

> > > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of

> > Ketu in BPHS.

> >

> > Varnarogacharmatishulashutakshudharti karak ketuH

> >

> > This is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find

> > smoking in this

> > that is why I asked for the reference.

> >

> > >Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a

> > little money on >yourself.

> >

> > I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a

> > product that is sold

> > with a health warning be a luxury?

> >

> > >BTW, I had the chance to chat

> > > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree

> > with what I wrote.

> >

> > I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj

> > and Sai Baba he

> > had to agree with you!

> >

> >

> > Thanks a lot for your Time and Sapce.

> >

> > Prabodh Vekhande

> > Jai Jai Shankar

> > Har Har Shankar

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > sohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya

> > <achyutagaddi@g...> wrote:

> > > *om brihaspate abhisastiramunca*

> > > **

> > > Dear Prabodh,

> > > My replies below.

> > > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that

> > smoking will boost his

> > > intelligence. At least he should not have!

> > > [Hari] That is your perception.

> > > Further you said:

> > > " I also make another extremely weak point that

> > Sanjay probably

> > smokes to

> >

> === message truncated ===

>

>

>

>

>

> ____

> Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

> http://store./redcross-donate3/

Guest guest

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||

Dear Voya,

Namaskar. Smoking is a negative addiction. Repeated prayer

to Palana devata will reduce and eliminate that addiction. Such

strong addictions should be towards God and not towards cigarettes.

Try hard.

Best regards,

Sourav

====================================================================

sohamsa , " Voya Traykovic "

<vojatrajananda@a...> wrote:

> Om mahaganapataye namah

>

> in my chart Kt aspects Lagna, both in Rasi and in Navamsa, and I

> can't give up smoking. I smoke 27 years.

> Best regards,

> Voja

>

> sohamsa , Rema Menon <remamenon> wrote:

> > Pranam Guruji,

> > I have Kethu in my lagna(Gemini). I am allergic to

> > cigarette smoke, can't even sit in the same room with

> > anyone smoking.

> > Rema

> >

> > --- agatha christie <agathachristie22>

> > wrote:

> >

> > > Dear Rathji,

> > >

> > > I have Ketu in Lagna (Pisces). I find any kind of

> > > smoke suffocating (cigarette smoke, smoke from

> > > burning wood etc) Also find some perfumes

> > > suffocating especially sandalwood perfume (real

> > > sandalwood smell is ok).

> > >

> > > Thanks & Best Regards,

> > > Sonali

> > >

> > > Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji@s...> wrote:

> > > om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

> > > Dear Ramdas ji

> > > Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and

> > > bad. It all depends on context and other influences.

> > > He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right in her statement

> > > that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and

> > > try *tea leaves* for that. It works fine but you

> > > could cough your guts out if you do this once in six

> > > months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears the

> > > neck and head!! :) Honestly I don't know.

> > >

> > > Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes

> > > a person to smoke but what he or she will smoke will

> > > depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is not good for the

> > > Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind

> > > of an eclipse - like an addiction. The tar and other

> > > things coming in are due to the way it is smoked

> > > these days using cigarettes having lots of

> > > chemicals. I am confidant that if a proper Hookah

> > > (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke through clarified

> > > rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous

> > > substances and then the smoke will be very

> > > healthy....or more correctly i.e. not unhealthy.

> > >

> > > I thin Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi and navamsa.

> > > What about others?

> > >

> > > With best wishes and warm regards,

> > > Sanjay Rath

> > > * * *

> > > Sri Jagannath Center®

> > > 15B Gangaram Hospital Road

> > > New Delhi 110060, India

> > > http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

> > > * * *

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa

> > > [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of

> > > Ramadas Rao

> > > Friday, September 09, 2005 10:07 PM

> > > sohamsa

> > > RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits

> > > PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ` ïI ra " veNÔ gué_yae nm>

> > >

> > > om çré räghavendra gurubhyo namaù

> > >

> > > ` nmae naray[ay,

> > >

> > > om namo näräyaëäya|

> > > Dear Swee Ji,

> > > Herbal smoke is agreed but not cigarette smoking is

> > > good for health.Can you find any findings in Vedas

> > > about cigarette or any kind of intoxication ?

> > > Next is Ketu is Karaka for smoking.What kind of

> > > smoking ? Ketu is a planet of obstruction.He is

> > > Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in anything

> > > other than attaining Moksha.When a person dies, as

> > > per our tradition, his dead body will be burnt in a

> > > crematorium.Now the smoke comes out from his burn

> > > dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may

> > > take the person to Moksha depending on his good

> > > deeds ( Punya ) in the present and nullifying of any

> > > past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.

> > > I hope the learned memebers agree with me.

> > > With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

> > > Ramadas Rao.

> > >

> > > Swee Chan <swee@c...> wrote:

> > > Jaya Jagannatha

> > >

> > > Dear Prabodh,

> > >

> > > If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in

> > > times of yore, people

> > > were eating meat. There were only certain " holy "

> > > tithis when one is offering

> > > a rite that one has to abstain for that day/period.

> > > Would be good if you can

> > > kindly look for those passages??

> > >

> > > Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for

> > > clearing the head and

> > > neck (for better eyesight etc).

> > >

> > >

> > > Love,

> > >

> > > Swee

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa

> > > [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of

> > > Prabodh Vekhande

> > > Friday, September 09, 2005 5:25 PM

> > > sohamsa

> > > Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1

> > > (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> > > Lakshmi

> > >

> > > Dear Hari Namaste

> > >

> > > [Hari] That is your perception.

> > >

> > > I first felt that you were joking when you said that

> > > smoking can be

> > > used to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels

> > > that smoking can

> > > boost his intelligence then possibly there must be

> > > some 'odd' reason

> > > for this!

> > >

> > > >Where from you have written all this, Prabodh?

> > > Again, this is

> > > > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and

> > > think twice before you

> > > >write

> > > > such comments.

> > >

> > > Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with

> > > myself. By any

> > > chance, if I made you to loose your calm please

> > > excuse me. But I just

> > > felt that by even suggesting weak argument on public

> > > forum you tried

> > > to justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a

> > > clue from this and

> > > start telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa

> > > dosha! I know that

> > > you never said that but people may.

> > >

> > > > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of

> > > Ketu in BPHS.

> > >

> > > Varnarogacharmatishulashutakshudharti karak ketuH

> > >

> > > This is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find

> > > smoking in this

> > > that is why I asked for the reference.

> > >

> > > >Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a

> > > little money on >yourself.

> > >

> > > I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a

> > > product that is sold

> > > with a health warning be a luxury?

> > >

> > > >BTW, I had the chance to chat

> > > > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree

> > > with what I wrote.

> > >

> > > I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj

> > > and Sai Baba he

> > > had to agree with you!

> > >

> > >

> > > Thanks a lot for your Time and Sapce.

> > >

> > > Prabodh Vekhande

> > > Jai Jai Shankar

> > > Har Har Shankar

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya

> > > <achyutagaddi@g...> wrote:

> > > > *om brihaspate abhisastiramunca*

> > > > **

> > > > Dear Prabodh,

> > > > My replies below.

> > > > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that

> > > smoking will boost his

> > > > intelligence. At least he should not have!

> > > > [Hari] That is your perception.

> > > > Further you said:

> > > > " I also make another extremely weak point that

> > > Sanjay probably

> > > smokes to

> > >

> > === message truncated ===

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ____

> > Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

> > http://store./redcross-donate3/

Guest guest

Dear Sourav

How can you say that the Palana devata who is responsible for our stay in this planet is going to eliminate addictions etc, arising out of the shadripu's of the 6th house? Is it because the Palana devata is seen from the 6th from AmK? AmK has to do with profession and habits do not change the corse of one's professional work but can affect them.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Sourav ChowdhurySunday, September 11, 2005 8:42 AMsohamsa Subject: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Voya, Namaskar. Smoking is a negative addiction. Repeated prayer to Palana devata will reduce and eliminate that addiction. Such strong addictions should be towards God and not towards cigarettes.Try hard.Best regards,Sourav====================================================================sohamsa , "Voya Traykovic" <vojatrajananda@a...> wrote:> Om mahaganapataye namah> > in my chart Kt aspects Lagna, both in Rasi and in Navamsa, and I > can't give up smoking. I smoke 27 years.> Best regards,> Voja > > sohamsa , Rema Menon <remamenon> wrote:> > Pranam Guruji, > > I have Kethu in my lagna(Gemini). I am allergic to> > cigarette smoke, can't even sit in the same room with> > anyone smoking.> > Rema > > > > --- agatha christie <agathachristie22>> > wrote:> > > > > Dear Rathji,> > > > > > I have Ketu in Lagna (Pisces). I find any kind of> > > smoke suffocating (cigarette smoke, smoke from> > > burning wood etc) Also find some perfumes> > > suffocating especially sandalwood perfume (real> > > sandalwood smell is ok).> > > > > > Thanks & Best Regards,> > > Sonali > > > > > > Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji@s...> wrote:> > > om namo bhagavate vasudevaya> > > Dear Ramdas ji> > > Ketu signifies all kinds of smoke - both good and> > > bad. It all depends on context and other influences.> > > He is *dhumra* Ketu. Swee is right in her statement> > > that herbal smoking can clear the head and neck and> > > try *tea leaves* for that. It works fine but you> > > could cough your guts out if you do this once in six> > > months. Perhaps it is the coughing that clears the> > > neck and head!! :) Honestly I don't know.> > > > > > Narasimha I agree with Hari's view that Ketu causes> > > a person to smoke but what he or she will smoke will> > > depend on the Ketu itself. Ketu is not good for the> > > Moon and this can cause some depression or some kind> > > of an eclipse - like an addiction. The tar and other> > > things coming in are due to the way it is smoked> > > these days using cigarettes having lots of> > > chemicals. I am confidant that if a proper Hookah> > > (Indian pipe) bubbling the smoke through clarified> > > rose water is used, there will be no carcinogenous> > > substances and then the smoke will be very> > > healthy....or more correctly i.e. not unhealthy.> > > > > > I thin Ketu aspects my lagna in rasi and navamsa.> > > What about others?> > > > > > With best wishes and warm regards,> > > Sanjay Rath> > > * * *> > > Sri Jagannath Center®> > > 15B Gangaram Hospital Road > > > New Delhi 110060, India> > > http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162> > > * * *> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa > > > [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of> > > Ramadas Rao> > > Friday, September 09, 2005 10:07 PM> > > sohamsa > > > RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits> > > PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ` ïI ra"veNÔ gué_yae nm> > > > > > > om çré räghavendra gurubhyo namaù > > > > > > ` nmae naray[ay,> > > > > > om namo näräyaëäya|> > > Dear Swee Ji,> > > Herbal smoke is agreed but not cigarette smoking is> > > good for health.Can you find any findings in Vedas> > > about cigarette or any kind of intoxication ?> > > Next is Ketu is Karaka for smoking.What kind of> > > smoking ? Ketu is a planet of obstruction.He is> > > Moksha Karaka ie., He is not interested in anything> > > other than attaining Moksha.When a person dies, as> > > per our tradition, his dead body will be burnt in a> > > crematorium.Now the smoke comes out from his burn> > > dead body.This smoke is the death smoke which may> > > take the person to Moksha depending on his good> > > deeds ( Punya ) in the present and nullifying of any> > > past life sins.Now Ketu signifies this smoke.> > > I hope the learned memebers agree with me.> > > With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,> > > Ramadas Rao.> > > > > > Swee Chan <swee@c...> wrote:> > > Jaya Jagannatha> > > > > > Dear Prabodh,> > > > > > If you read deeply into the sattvic puranas, even in> > > times of yore, people> > > were eating meat. There were only certain "holy"> > > tithis when one is offering> > > a rite that one has to abstain for that day/period.> > > Would be good if you can> > > kindly look for those passages??> > > > > > Caraka samhita Vol I Ch V details herbal smoking for> > > clearing the head and> > > neck (for better eyesight etc). > > > > > > > > > Love,> > > > > > Swee> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa > > > [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of> > > Prabodh Vekhande> > > Friday, September 09, 2005 5:25 PM> > > sohamsa > > > Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1> > > (Hot Tea & Mars) - To> > > Lakshmi> > > > > > Dear Hari Namaste> > > > > > [Hari] That is your perception. > > > > > > I first felt that you were joking when you said that> > > smoking can be> > > used to increase intelligence. If Sanjay ji feels> > > that smoking can> > > boost his intelligence then possibly there must be> > > some 'odd' reason> > > for this!> > > > > > >Where from you have written all this, Prabodh?> > > Again, this is > > > > your personal comment. Calm down, Prabodh and> > > think twice before you> > > >write > > > > such comments.> > > > > > Again, dont get excited! I am very much at ease with> > > myself. By any> > > chance, if I made you to loose your calm please> > > excuse me. But I just> > > felt that by even suggesting weak argument on public> > > forum you tried> > > to justify his smoking. Tomorrow anybody can take a> > > clue from this and> > > start telling smoking as effective upaya for sarpa> > > dosha! I know that> > > you never said that but people may. > > > > > > > [Hari] Read the description of the karakatwa of> > > Ketu in BPHS. > > > > > > Varnarogacharmatishulashutakshudharti karak ketuH> > > > > > This is what my edition of BPHS says. I did not find> > > smoking in this> > > that is why I asked for the reference.> > > > > > >Smoking is essentially a luxury or spending a> > > little money on >yourself. > > > > > > I think you dont smoke! It is not a luxury. How a> > > product that is sold> > > with a health warning be a luxury? > > > > > > >BTW, I had the chance to chat > > > > with Pt. Rath yesterday and he did *not* disagree> > > with what I wrote.> > > > > > I think since you compared him with Gajanan Maharaj> > > and Sai Baba he> > > had to agree with you!> > > > > > > > > Thanks a lot for your Time and Sapce.> > > > > > Prabodh Vekhande> > > Jai Jai Shankar> > > Har Har Shankar> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya> > > <achyutagaddi@g...> wrote:> > > > *om brihaspate abhisastiramunca*> > > > ** > > > > Dear Prabodh, > > > > My replies below. > > > > I dont think Sanjay ji has a perception that> > > smoking will boost his > > > > intelligence. At least he should not have!> > > > [Hari] That is your perception. > > > > Further you said:> > > > "I also make another extremely weak point that> > > Sanjay probably> > > smokes to > > > > > === message truncated ===> > > > > > > > > > > > ____> > Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.> > http://store./redcross-donate3/

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha

Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never said that Ketu is the karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being inhaled. Its Rasa is to be seen from the planets affecting Ketu.

Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going into the blood (Moon) and thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a weakness in the chat indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes from Saturn and the item being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item through which the addiction is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism while a Rahu indication indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic substances.

A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot indicate the addiction. If Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke* has something to do with your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on you. If Saturn is showing an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking while if Saturn is positive then you hate smoking.

Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this. Let them post the charts and I will show the difference were Ketu has a strong connection to lagna and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or hate.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Narasimha P.V.R. RaoSaturday, September 10, 2005 12:27 PMsohamsa Subject: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

Dear Hari,

> I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I responded to the question > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the vedas etc?'. Here the > inference was that a person very learned in the vedas would not be having > any vice.

We should only discuss the astrological aspects and try to stay away from morality issues. If somebody brings up morality issues, he/she deserves to be ignored.

All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up prominently (e.g. smoking, alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden inside and not visible externally.

All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies (kaama/desire, krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion, mada/wantonness, matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which afflict us at the impulse/instinct level, are much more important to conquer than simple external habits such as smoking and alcoholism.

Just because we don't have certain habits, we should not consider ourselves worthy of commenting on other people's habits. Instead, we should try to conquer our own internal enemies.

> In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as smoky. The typical temperature > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot end of the > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke entering the mouth. Thus the > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of heat depending on the > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu (infrared heat) as an > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my opinion.

If Rahu and Ketu are described as "smoky", it does not make them the karakas of smoking tobacco.

I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu shows smoking, but I have to respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical. Just as I have my firm views, others are welcome to have their own firm views!

Lakshmi wrote:

Narasimha

> ||om bhurbhuvahsvah brihaspataye namah||> Dear Narasimha,> I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I responded to the question > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the vedas etc?'. Here the > inference was that a person very learned in the vedas would not be having > any vice. > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation but I do accept your point > that it is better not to make such observations whether weak or strong at > all. Thanks for your advice.> In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as smoky. The typical temperature > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot end of the > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke entering the mouth. Thus the > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of heat depending on the > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu (infrared heat) as an > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my opinion.> Now the smoke contains nicotine and some tar compounds. You have said that > it is necessary to understand the mechanism of nicotine addiction and that > is why I brought the pancha pranas into the discussion. However I do not > know how to relate this astrologically and Sanjay gave a hint that I need to > study the sukshma tatva in order to do this analysis. > regards> Hari

Guest guest

|| Hare Ram Krishna ||

Dear Guru Sanjay-ji,

Namaskar. It would be most interesting to see

your analysis of the said two chart (properly rectified). I am

eagerly waiting.

I tend to support Narasimha-ji that Ketu cannot withstand any

addiction and any sorrow ever represented by Ketu is due to severing

of attachment. Ketu can cause severe problems in the body and force

us to give up smoking. However, this is my view and is not a result

of research. Moon is mind/our earthly existence. Moon oscillates

between Rahu (desires at every level) and Ketu (detachment at every

leves).

I would like your views on jyotisha aspects of the way an

intoxicant/addictive substance is taken into body - namely through

lungs, through membranes of stomach, through skin and even through

vision. Some substances cause physiological dependance and some

cause psychological dependance. How to see these effects ? May be

there is room for research. I say this because, for example, there

are different kinds of smokes - smoking of cigerettes vs. smoking of

marijuana which have different degree's of effects.

Best Regards,

Sourav

==================================================================

wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Dear Narasimha

> Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never said that Ketu

is the

> karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being inhaled. Its Rasa is

to be

> seen from the planets affecting Ketu.

>

> Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going into the blood

(Moon) and

> thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a weakness in the chat

> indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes from Saturn

and the item

> being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item through which the

addiction

> is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism while a Rahu

indication

> indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic substances.

>

> A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot indicate the

addiction. If

> Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke* has something to

do with

> your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on you. If Saturn

is showing

> an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking while if

Saturn is

> positive then you hate smoking.

>

> Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this. Let them post

the charts

> and I will show the difference were Ketu has a strong connection

to lagna

> and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or hate.

>

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath CenterR

> * * *

>

>

> _____

>

> sohamsa [sohamsa ] On

Behalf Of

> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

> Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:27 PM

> sohamsa

Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

>

> Dear Hari,

>

> > I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I responded to the

question

> > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the vedas etc?'. Here

the

> > inference was that a person very learned in the vedas would not

be having

> > any vice.

>

> We should only discuss the astrological aspects and try to stay

away from

> morality issues. If somebody brings up morality issues, he/she

deserves to

> be ignored.

>

> All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up prominently

(e.g. smoking,

> alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden inside and not

visible

> externally.

>

> All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies (kaama/desire,

> krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion, mada/wantonness,

> matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which afflict us at the

> impulse/instinct level, are much more important to conquer than

simple

> external habits such as smoking and alcoholism.

>

> Just because we don't have certain habits, we should not consider

ourselves

> worthy of commenting on other people's habits. Instead, we should

try to

> conquer our own internal enemies.

>

> > In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as smoky. The typical

> temperature

> > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the

hot end of

> the

> > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke entering the

mouth. Thus

> the

> > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of heat depending on

the

> > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu (infrared

heat) as an

> > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my opinion.

>

> If Rahu and Ketu are described as " smoky " , it does not make them

the karakas

> of smoking tobacco.

>

> We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as temperature,

shape and

> color of things involved. One can say that Venus signifies hot

black coffee,

> because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy nature. One can say

that Mars

> (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars shows hot

things. One

> can say that black coffee is black in color and hence Saturn

signifies it.

> One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But this is not a

logical

> approach.

>

> The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is an addiction.

Ketu stands

> for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of liberation

and an

> addiction is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa assignment that

goes

> purely by the external attributes and ignores the crux of the

matter is

> unacceptable to me.

>

> I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu shows smoking, but

I have to

> respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical. Just as I have

my firm

> views, others are welcome to have their own firm views!

>

> Lakshmi wrote:

>

> > It pains me to see all the young indian men smoking in SJC.

>

> Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer stopped

smoking a few

> months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this year.

Hopefully, he will

> not start again.

>

> May Jupiter's light shine on us,

> Narasimha

> -------------------------------

> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

>

> > ||om bhurbhuvahsvah brihaspataye namah||

> > Dear Narasimha,

question

the

be having

> > any vice.

> > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation but I do accept

your

> point

> > that it is better not to make such observations whether weak or

strong at

> > all. Thanks for your advice.

> temperature

> > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the

hot end of

> the

mouth. Thus

> the

the

heat) as an

> > Now the smoke contains nicotine and some tar compounds. You

have said

> that

> > it is necessary to understand the mechanism of nicotine

addiction and that

>

> > is why I brought the pancha pranas into the discussion. However

I do not

> > know how to relate this astrologically and Sanjay gave a hint

that I need

> to

> > study the sukshma tatva in order to do this analysis.

> > regards

> > Hari

>

>

>

> *tat savitur varenyam*

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna,

Pranam Guruji,

I am attaching my chart.

Respects,

Rema

--- Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Dear Narasimha

> Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never

> said that Ketu is the

> karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being

> inhaled. Its Rasa is to be

>

> Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going

> into the blood (Moon) and

> thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a

> weakness in the chat

> indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes

> from Saturn and the item

> being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item

> through which the addiction

> is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism

> while a Rahu indication

> indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic

> substances.

>

> A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot

> indicate the addiction. If

> Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke*

> has something to do with

> your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on

> you. If Saturn is showing

> an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking

> while if Saturn is

>

> Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this.

> Let them post the charts

> and I will show the difference were Ketu has a

> strong connection to lagna

> and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or

> hate.

>

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath CenterR

> +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

>

> _____

>

> sohamsa

> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

> sohamsa

> (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

>

> Dear Hari,

>

> > I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I

> responded to the question

> > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the

> vedas etc?'. Here the

> > inference was that a person very learned in the

> vedas would not be having

> > any vice.

>

> We should only discuss the astrological aspects and

> try to stay away from

> morality issues. If somebody brings up morality

> issues, he/she deserves to

> be ignored.

>

> All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up

> prominently (e.g. smoking,

> alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden

> inside and not visible

> externally.

>

> All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies

> (kaama/desire,

> krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion,

> mada/wantonness,

> matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which

> afflict us at the

> impulse/instinct level, are much more important to

> conquer than simple

>

> Just because we don't have certain habits, we should

> not consider ourselves

> worthy of commenting on other people's habits.

> Instead, we should try to

>

> > In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as

> smoky. The typical

> temperature

> > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees

> celsius at the hot end of

> the

> > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke

> entering the mouth. Thus

> the

> > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of

> heat depending on the

> > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu

> (infrared heat) as an

> > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my

> opinion.

>

> If Rahu and Ketu are described as " smoky " , it does

> not make them the karakas

> of smoking tobacco.

>

> We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as

> temperature, shape and

> color of things involved. One can say that Venus

> signifies hot black coffee,

> because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy

> nature. One can say that Mars

> (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars

> shows hot things. One

> can say that black coffee is black in color and

> hence Saturn signifies it.

> One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But

> this is not a logical

> approach.

>

> The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is

> an addiction. Ketu stands

> for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of

> liberation and an

> addiction is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa

> assignment that goes

> purely by the external attributes and ignores the

> crux of the matter is

> unacceptable to me.

>

> I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu

> shows smoking, but I have to

> respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical.

> Just as I have my firm

> views, others are welcome to have their own firm

> views!

>

> Lakshmi wrote:

>

> > It pains me to see all the young indian men

> smoking in SJC.

>

> Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer

> stopped smoking a few

> months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this

> year. Hopefully, he will

> not start again.

>

> Narasimha

>

-------------------------------

> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3):

> http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> Free Jyotish software (Windows):

> http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website:

> http://www.SriJagannath.org

>

>

> > Dear Narasimha,

> vedas etc?'. Here the

> > any vice.

> > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation

> but I do accept your

> point

> > that it is better not to make such observations

> whether weak or strong at

> smoky. The typical

> temperature

> the

> the

> heat

____

for Good

Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert

http://advision.webevents./shelter

Guest guest

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat

Dear friends,

For better understanding of the concepts explained below, if any one would like to analyze my addictive habits, please feel free to do so. I will share factual information shortly.

July 31, 1949Time: 9:04:00Time Zone: 5:30:00 (East of GMT)Place: 73 E 13' 00", 22 N 18' 00" Vadodara, IndiaThanks & Regards,

Ramesh

sohamsa [sohamsa ]On Behalf Of Guru Sanjay RathSunday, September 11, 2005 11:59 AMsohamsa Subject: RE: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

Dear Narasimha

Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never said that Ketu is the karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being inhaled. Its Rasa is to be seen from the planets affecting Ketu.

Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going into the blood (Moon) and thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a weakness in the chat indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes from Saturn and the item being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item through which the addiction is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism while a Rahu indication indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic substances.

A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot indicate the addiction. If Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke* has something to do with your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on you. If Saturn is showing an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking while if Saturn is positive then you hate smoking.

Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this. Let them post the charts and I will show the difference were Ketu has a strong connection to lagna and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or hate.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Narasimha P.V.R. RaoSaturday, September 10, 2005 12:27 PMsohamsa Subject: Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To Lakshmi

Dear Hari,

Lakshmi wrote:

Narasimha

Guest guest

|| Shree Gurubyoh Namah: ||

Pranaam Gurudeva

What you said is absolutely true. I also have Ke in

lagna(Ta) with lagna lord ve and Sa, Ra conjubct in

7th house. Sa is opposing ke and as a result I also

hate smoking which includes Passive smoking. I try to

stay away from people who are smoking, and have very

sensitive Nose for that. More over I have moon in 2nd,

and since ke is in 12th from Mo I was thinking that

was the reason.

With best regards and respects,

Lakshman

--- Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Dear Narasimha

> Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never

> said that Ketu is the

> karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being

> inhaled. Its Rasa is to be

>

> Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going

> into the blood (Moon) and

> thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a

> weakness in the chat

> indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes

> from Saturn and the item

> being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item

> through which the addiction

> is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism

> while a Rahu indication

> indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic

> substances.

>

> A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot

> indicate the addiction. If

> Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke*

> has something to do with

> your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on

> you. If Saturn is showing

> an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking

> while if Saturn is

>

> Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this.

> Let them post the charts

> and I will show the difference were Ketu has a

> strong connection to lagna

> and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or

> hate.

>

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath CenterR

> +91-11-25717162

> * * *

>

>

> _____

>

> sohamsa

> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

> sohamsa

> (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

>

> Dear Hari,

>

> vedas etc?'. Here the

> > any vice.

>

> We should only discuss the astrological aspects and

> try to stay away from

> morality issues. If somebody brings up morality

> issues, he/she deserves to

> be ignored.

>

> All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up

> prominently (e.g. smoking,

> alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden

> inside and not visible

> externally.

>

> All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies

> (kaama/desire,

> krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion,

> mada/wantonness,

> matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which

> afflict us at the

> impulse/instinct level, are much more important to

> conquer than simple

>

> Just because we don't have certain habits, we should

> not consider ourselves

> worthy of commenting on other people's habits.

> Instead, we should try to

>

> smoky. The typical

> temperature

> the

> the

> heat depending on the

> > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu

> (infrared heat) as an

> > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my

> opinion.

>

> If Rahu and Ketu are described as " smoky " , it does

> not make them the karakas

> of smoking tobacco.

>

> We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as

> temperature, shape and

> color of things involved. One can say that Venus

> signifies hot black coffee,

> because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy

> nature. One can say that Mars

> (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars

> shows hot things. One

> can say that black coffee is black in color and

> hence Saturn signifies it.

> One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But

> this is not a logical

> approach.

>

> The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is

> an addiction. Ketu stands

> for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of

> liberation and an

> addiction is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa

> assignment that goes

> purely by the external attributes and ignores the

> crux of the matter is

> unacceptable to me.

>

> I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu

> shows smoking, but I have to

> respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical.

> Just as I have my firm

> views, others are welcome to have their own firm

> views!

>

> Lakshmi wrote:

>

> > It pains me to see all the young indian men

> smoking in SJC.

>

> Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer

> stopped smoking a few

> months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this

> year. Hopefully, he will

> not start again.

>

> Narasimha

>

> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3):

> http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> Free Jyotish software (Windows):

> http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website:

> http://www.SriJagannath.org

>

>

> > Dear Narasimha,

> vedas etc?'. Here the

> > any vice.

> > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation

> but I do accept your

> point

> > that it is better not to make such observations

> whether weak or strong at

> smoky. The typical

> temperature

> the

> the

> heat

Guest guest

Dear List,

My Ketu in Pisces (lagna) is aspected by Sun-Merc-Jup (rasi drishti) and Mars (graha drishti). Can anyone tell me how it makes me find any smoke (esp cigarette smoke) smell 'unbreathable' & feel suffocated (but not so much as to have any problem). Same about sandalwood perfume or some other strong perfume.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sonali

Lakshman Brahma <lbrahma wrote:

|| Shree Gurubyoh Namah: ||Pranaam GurudevaWhat you said is absolutely true. I also have Ke inlagna(Ta) with lagna lord ve and Sa, Ra conjubct in7th house. Sa is opposing ke and as a result I also hate smoking which includes Passive smoking. I try tostay away from people who are smoking, and have verysensitive Nose for that. More over I have moon in 2nd,and since ke is in 12th from Mo I was thinking thatwas the reason.With best regards and respects,Lakshman--- Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:> > > > om namo bhagavate vasudevaya> > Dear Narasimha> Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never> said that Ketu is the> karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being> inhaled. Its Rasa is to be> seen

from the planets affecting Ketu. > > Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going> into the blood (Moon) and> thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a> weakness in the chat> indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes> from Saturn and the item> being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item> through which the addiction> is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism> while a Rahu indication> indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic> substances.> > A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot> indicate the addiction. If> Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke*> has something to do with> your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on> you. If Saturn is showing> an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking> while if Saturn is> positive then you hate

smoking.> > Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this.> Let them post the charts> and I will show the difference were Ketu has a> strong connection to lagna> and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or> hate.> > With best wishes and warm regards,> Sanjay Rath> * * *> Sri Jagannath CenterR> 15B Gangaram Hospital Road > New Delhi 110060, India> <http://srath.com/> http://srath.com,> +91-11-25717162> * * *> > > _____ > > sohamsa > [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao> Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:27 PM> sohamsa > Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1> (Hot Tea & Mars) -

To> Lakshmi> > > Dear Hari,> > > I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I> responded to the question > > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the> vedas etc?'. Here the > > inference was that a person very learned in the> vedas would not be having > > any vice. > > We should only discuss the astrological aspects and> try to stay away from> morality issues. If somebody brings up morality> issues, he/she deserves to> be ignored.> > All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up> prominently (e.g. smoking,> alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden> inside and not visible> externally.> > All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies> (kaama/desire,> krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion,> mada/wantonness,>

matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which> afflict us at the> impulse/instinct level, are much more important to> conquer than simple> external habits such as smoking and alcoholism.> > Just because we don't have certain habits, we should> not consider ourselves> worthy of commenting on other people's habits.> Instead, we should try to> conquer our own internal enemies.> > > In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as> smoky. The typical> temperature > > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees> celsius at the hot end of> the > > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke> entering the mouth. Thus> the > > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of> heat depending on the > > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu> (infrared heat) as an > >

higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my> opinion.> > If Rahu and Ketu are described as "smoky", it does> not make them the karakas> of smoking tobacco.> > We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as> temperature, shape and> color of things involved. One can say that Venus> signifies hot black coffee,> because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy> nature. One can say that Mars> (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars> shows hot things. One> can say that black coffee is black in color and> hence Saturn signifies it.> One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But> this is not a logical> approach.> > The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is> an addiction. Ketu stands> for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of> liberation and an> addiction

is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa> assignment that goes> purely by the external attributes and ignores the> crux of the matter is> unacceptable to me.> > I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu> shows smoking, but I have to> respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical.> Just as I have my firm> views, others are welcome to have their own firm> views!> > Lakshmi wrote:> > > It pains me to see all the young indian men> smoking in SJC.> > Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer> stopped smoking a few> months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this> year. Hopefully, he will> not start again.> > May Jupiter's light shine on us, > Narasimha>-------------------------------> Free Jyotish lessons

(MP3):> http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net> Free Jyotish software (Windows):> http://www.VedicAstrologer.org> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website:> http://www.SriJagannath.org>-------------------------------> > > ||om bhurbhuvahsvah brihaspataye namah||> > Dear Narasimha,> > I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I> responded to the question > > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the> vedas etc?'. Here the > > inference was that a person very learned in the> vedas would not be having > > any vice. > > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation> but I do accept your> point > > that it is better not to make such

observations> whether weak or strong at > > all. Thanks for your advice.> > In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as> smoky. The typical> temperature > > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees> celsius at the hot end of> the > > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke> entering the mouth. Thus> the > > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of> heat === message truncated ===

Guest guest

Dear All

I have resisted to post on this thread all along. But today some

points i would like to share.

My lagna lord Jupiter is with Ketu and aspected by rahu ofcourse and

Saturn. I have Gulika in 2nd and Mandi in third house.

You may visit the site for the pictorial representation

of my chart.

The details are as follows

December 15, 1976

Time:-8:27 AM

Place:-new Delhi

I have always hated smoking. I used to clench my fists, and cringe

when somebody smoked in front of me. I was so paranoid that i thought

that all smokers are bad(during childhood ofcourse).

So I am still trying to understand despite having saturn in 8th is

that why i dont have " any sort " of addictions. Forget smoke, i hate

boozers, i dont even drink tea or coffee. One cup tea comes in the

evening in office and that is what i drink. But no addictions of any

sort.

From another angle, i had addiction for Chess. I used to play 12

hours daily to become a national player. But i couldnot.

Then i was addicted to watching cricket. Which came down in recent

years. I was also addicted to download astrology articles. After

collecting classics, articles worth a library, i destroyed them one

fine day.

love and best wishes

partha

wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Dear Narasimha

> Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never said that Ketu

is the

> karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being inhaled. Its Rasa is

to be

>

> Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going into the blood

(Moon) and

> thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a weakness in the chat

> indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes from Saturn and

the item

> being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item through which the

addiction

> is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism while a Rahu

indication

> indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic substances.

>

> A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot indicate the

addiction. If

> Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke* has something to

do with

> your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on you. If Saturn

is showing

> an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking while if

Saturn is

>

> Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this. Let them post

the charts

> and I will show the difference were Ketu has a strong connection to

lagna

> and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or hate.

>

> Sanjay Rath

> * * *

> Sri Jagannath CenterR

> * * *

>

>

> _____

>

> sohamsa [sohamsa ] On

Behalf Of

> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

> sohamsa

Mars) - To

> Lakshmi

>

>

> Dear Hari,

>

question

the

be having

> > any vice.

>

> We should only discuss the astrological aspects and try to stay

away from

> morality issues. If somebody brings up morality issues, he/she

deserves to

> be ignored.

>

> All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up prominently (e.g.

smoking,

> alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden inside and not

visible

> externally.

>

> All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies (kaama/desire,

> krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion, mada/wantonness,

> matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which afflict us at the

> impulse/instinct level, are much more important to conquer than

simple

>

> Just because we don't have certain habits, we should not consider

ourselves

> worthy of commenting on other people's habits. Instead, we should

try to

>

> temperature

> > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot

end of

> the

mouth. Thus

> the

the

heat) as an

>

> If Rahu and Ketu are described as " smoky " , it does not make them

the karakas

> of smoking tobacco.

>

> We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as temperature,

shape and

> color of things involved. One can say that Venus signifies hot

black coffee,

> because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy nature. One can say

that Mars

> (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars shows hot

things. One

> can say that black coffee is black in color and hence Saturn

signifies it.

> One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But this is not a

logical

> approach.

>

> The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is an addiction.

Ketu stands

> for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of liberation and

an

> addiction is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa assignment that

goes

> purely by the external attributes and ignores the crux of the

matter is

> unacceptable to me.

>

> I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu shows smoking, but

I have to

> respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical. Just as I have

my firm

> views, others are welcome to have their own firm views!

>

> Lakshmi wrote:

>

> > It pains me to see all the young indian men smoking in SJC.

>

> Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer stopped

smoking a few

> months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this year. Hopefully,

he will

> not start again.

>

> Narasimha

> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

>

> > Dear Narasimha,

question

the

be having

> > any vice.

> > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation but I do accept

your

> point

> > that it is better not to make such observations whether weak or

strong at

> temperature

> > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot

end of

> the

mouth. Thus

> the

the

heat) as an

> > Now the smoke contains nicotine and some tar compounds. You have

said

> that

> > it is necessary to understand the mechanism of nicotine addiction

and that

>

> > is why I brought the pancha pranas into the discussion. However I

do not

> > know how to relate this astrologically and Sanjay gave a hint

that I need

> to

> > study the sukshma tatva in order to do this analysis.

> > regards

> > Hari

>

>

>

> *tat savitur varenyam*

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear All,

I have also Dual Lagna like Sanjay Rath Ji with Mars and Nodes in Kendra's

all aspected by Rasi Dristi. I was smoking two years in my life, and was

also using some drugs. From five years I am completely free from all

intoxicants including tea or cofee, any alcohol etc. But in similar way like

Partha Ji I am easily addicted to other things like chatting on net,

gathering SJC .pdf :)))) and like that...

Regards Rafal Gendarz

-

" V.Partha sarathy " <partvinu

<sohamsa >

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:35 AM

Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea & Mars) - To

Lakshmi

> Dear All

>

> I have resisted to post on this thread all along. But today some

> points i would like to share.

>

> My lagna lord Jupiter is with Ketu and aspected by rahu ofcourse and

> Saturn. I have Gulika in 2nd and Mandi in third house.

> You may visit the site for the pictorial representation

> of my chart.

> The details are as follows

> December 15, 1976

> Time:-8:27 AM

> Place:-new Delhi

>

> I have always hated smoking. I used to clench my fists, and cringe

> when somebody smoked in front of me. I was so paranoid that i thought

> that all smokers are bad(during childhood ofcourse).

> So I am still trying to understand despite having saturn in 8th is

> that why i dont have " any sort " of addictions. Forget smoke, i hate

> boozers, i dont even drink tea or coffee. One cup tea comes in the

> evening in office and that is what i drink. But no addictions of any

> sort.

>

> From another angle, i had addiction for Chess. I used to play 12

> hours daily to become a national player. But i couldnot.

> Then i was addicted to watching cricket. Which came down in recent

> years. I was also addicted to download astrology articles. After

> collecting classics, articles worth a library, i destroyed them one

> fine day.

>

> love and best wishes

> partha

>

>

> sohamsa , " Guru Sanjay Rath " <guruji@s...>

> wrote:

>>

>>

>>

>> om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

>>

>> Dear Narasimha

>> Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never said that Ketu

> is the

>> karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being inhaled. Its Rasa is

> to be

>> seen from the planets affecting Ketu.

>>

>> Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going into the blood

> (Moon) and

>> thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a weakness in the chat

>> indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking comes from Saturn and

> the item

>> being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item through which the

> addiction

>> is coming is jala tatwa then it can show alcoholism while a Rahu

> indication

>> indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic substances.

>>

>> A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot indicate the

> addiction. If

>> Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke* has something to

> do with

>> your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on you. If Saturn

> is showing

>> an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of smoking while if

> Saturn is

>> positive then you hate smoking.

>>

>> Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand this. Let them post

> the charts

>> and I will show the difference were Ketu has a strong connection to

> lagna

>> and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!) or hate.

>>

>> With best wishes and warm regards,

>> Sanjay Rath

>> * * *

>> Sri Jagannath CenterR

>> 15B Gangaram Hospital Road

>> New Delhi 110060, India

>> <http://srath.com/> http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

>> * * *

>>

>>

>> _____

>>

>> sohamsa [sohamsa ] On

> Behalf Of

>> Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

>> Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:27 PM

>> sohamsa

>> Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1 (Hot Tea &

> Mars) - To

>> Lakshmi

>>

>>

>> Dear Hari,

>>

>> > I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I responded to the

> question

>> > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the vedas etc?'. Here

> the

>> > inference was that a person very learned in the vedas would not

> be having

>> > any vice.

>>

>> We should only discuss the astrological aspects and try to stay

> away from

>> morality issues. If somebody brings up morality issues, he/she

> deserves to

>> be ignored.

>>

>> All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up prominently (e.g.

> smoking,

>> alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden inside and not

> visible

>> externally.

>>

>> All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies (kaama/desire,

>> krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion, mada/wantonness,

>> matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which afflict us at the

>> impulse/instinct level, are much more important to conquer than

> simple

>> external habits such as smoking and alcoholism.

>>

>> Just because we don't have certain habits, we should not consider

> ourselves

>> worthy of commenting on other people's habits. Instead, we should

> try to

>> conquer our own internal enemies.

>>

>> > In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as smoky. The typical

>> temperature

>> > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot

> end of

>> the

>> > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke entering the

> mouth. Thus

>> the

>> > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of heat depending on

> the

>> > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu (infrared

> heat) as an

>> > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my opinion.

>>

>> If Rahu and Ketu are described as " smoky " , it does not make them

> the karakas

>> of smoking tobacco.

>>

>> We do not assign karakas based on attributes such as temperature,

> shape and

>> color of things involved. One can say that Venus signifies hot

> black coffee,

>> because it is a liquid and Venus is of liquidy nature. One can say

> that Mars

>> (or Sun) is karaka for it because it is hot and Mars shows hot

> things. One

>> can say that black coffee is black in color and hence Saturn

> signifies it.

>> One can also assign karaka based on the taste. But this is not a

> logical

>> approach.

>>

>> The main thing about smoking tobacco is that it is an addiction.

> Ketu stands

>> for anything but an addiction! Ketu is the karaka of liberation and

> an

>> addiction is essentially a bondage. Any karakatwa assignment that

> goes

>> purely by the external attributes and ignores the crux of the

> matter is

>> unacceptable to me.

>>

>> I understand that Sanjay too believes that Ketu shows smoking, but

> I have to

>> respectfully disagree as I find it quite illogical. Just as I have

> my firm

>> views, others are welcome to have their own firm views!

>>

>> Lakshmi wrote:

>>

>> > It pains me to see all the young indian men smoking in SJC.

>>

>> Lakshmi, I have some good news for you. Narayan Iyer stopped

> smoking a few

>> months back, after he moved to Boston earlier this year. Hopefully,

> he will

>> not start again.

>>

>> May Jupiter's light shine on us,

>> Narasimha

>> -------------------------------

>> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

>> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

>> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

>> -------------------------------

>>

>> > ||om bhurbhuvahsvah brihaspataye namah||

>> > Dear Narasimha,

>> > I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I responded to the

> question

>> > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the vedas etc?'. Here

> the

>> > inference was that a person very learned in the vedas would not

> be having

>> > any vice.

>> > I clearly stated that it was a weak observation but I do accept

> your

>> point

>> > that it is better not to make such observations whether weak or

> strong at

>> > all. Thanks for your advice.

>> > In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as smoky. The typical

>> temperature

>> > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees celsius at the hot

> end of

>> the

>> > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke entering the

> mouth. Thus

>> the

>> > smoke inhaled by the smoker has some amount of heat depending on

> the

>> > specific heat capacity of the gas mixture and Ketu (infrared

> heat) as an

>> > higher octave of Mars describes this smoke in my opinion.

>> > Now the smoke contains nicotine and some tar compounds. You have

> said

>> that

>> > it is necessary to understand the mechanism of nicotine addiction

> and that

>>

>> > is why I brought the pancha pranas into the discussion. However I

> do not

>> > know how to relate this astrologically and Sanjay gave a hint

> that I need

>> to

>> > study the sukshma tatva in order to do this analysis.

>> > regards

>> > Hari

>>

>>

>>

>> *tat savitur varenyam*

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Partha,

Namaste. Could the fact that Rahu has no aspect on

your moon be responsible for your resistance to

negative addictions? Because i believe that Rahu

basically & sufficiently weakens the mind so that it

becomes an easy prey to addctions. I feel that more

than rasi drishti, it is graha drishti which is more

important in these matters because " desire " is

involved here and we are talking about habits which

are hopefully temporary and not permanent.

I feel Saturn indicates stubbornness (for good or bad

purposes) more than addiction and his aspect on Moon

(in Mercury's house)might be more resposible for your

so called intelligent addictions to Chess and

astrology.

2nd & 3rd (2nd from 2nd) lord in 8th is not a happy

situation, but the aspect of Venus (2nd lord in

navamsa) on Saturn perhaps helps. Saturn himself is

strong in navamsa, so i figure that it is your dharmic

sense that keeps you away from negative addictions.

But in my case, Rahu does influence my moon both in

rasi and navamsa and my 2nd & 3rd lord(s) are in

marana karaka sthana. Yet I have no addictions. I

guess Jupiter provides the protection.

Regards,

Lakshmi

--- " V.Partha sarathy " <partvinu wrote:

> Dear All

>

> I have resisted to post on this thread all along.

> But today some

> points i would like to share.

>

> My lagna lord Jupiter is with Ketu and aspected by

> rahu ofcourse and

> Saturn. I have Gulika in 2nd and Mandi in third

> house.

> You may visit the site for the

> pictorial representation

> of my chart.

> The details are as follows

> December 15, 1976

> Time:-8:27 AM

> Place:-new Delhi

>

> I have always hated smoking. I used to clench my

> fists, and cringe

> when somebody smoked in front of me. I was so

> paranoid that i thought

> that all smokers are bad(during childhood ofcourse).

> So I am still trying to understand despite having

> saturn in 8th is

> that why i dont have " any sort " of addictions.

> Forget smoke, i hate

> boozers, i dont even drink tea or coffee. One cup

> tea comes in the

> evening in office and that is what i drink. But no

> addictions of any

> sort.

>

> From another angle, i had addiction for Chess. I

> used to play 12

> hours daily to become a national player. But i

> couldnot.

> Then i was addicted to watching cricket. Which came

> down in recent

> years. I was also addicted to download astrology

> articles. After

> collecting classics, articles worth a library, i

> destroyed them one

> fine day.

>

> love and best wishes

> partha

>

>

> sohamsa , " Guru Sanjay Rath "

> <guruji@s...>

> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

> >

> > Dear Narasimha

> > Ketu is the smoke and that is what I said. I never

> said that Ketu

> is the

> > karaka for smoking. Ketu shows the item being

> inhaled. Its Rasa is

> to be

> > seen from the planets affecting Ketu.

> >

> > Smoking is an addiction caused by nicotine going

> into the blood

> (Moon) and

> > thereby afecting the blood. This is ruled by a

> weakness in the chat

> > indicated by Saturn. The addiction of smoking

> comes from Saturn and

> the item

> > being inhaled is indicated by Ketu. If the item

> through which the

> addiction

> > is coming is jala tatwa then it can show

> alcoholism while a Rahu

> indication

> > indicates dangerous drugs and psychotropic

> substances.

> >

> > A single planet in a stand alone situation cannot

> indicate the

> addiction. If

> > Ketu aspects the lagna then it shows that *smoke*

> has something to

> do with

> > your likes and dislikes and has a strong impact on

> you. If Saturn

> is showing

> > an addiction then you enjoy the addiction of

> smoking while if

> Saturn is

> > positive then you hate smoking.

> >

> > Take the charts ofRema and Voja to understand

> this. Let them post

> the charts

> > and I will show the difference were Ketu has a

> strong connection to

> lagna

> > and Saturn will then determine love (addiction!)

> or hate.

> >

> > With best wishes and warm regards,

> > Sanjay Rath

> > * * *

> > Sri Jagannath CenterR

> > 15B Gangaram Hospital Road

> > New Delhi 110060, India

> > <http://srath.com/> http://srath.com,

> +91-11-25717162

> > * * *

> >

> >

> > _____

> >

> > sohamsa

> [sohamsa ] On

> Behalf Of

> > Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

> > Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:27 PM

> > sohamsa

> > Re: Food+Drinking Habits PART-1

> (Hot Tea &

> Mars) - To

> > Lakshmi

> >

> >

> > Dear Hari,

> >

> > > I also dont care why Sanjay smokes, period. I

> responded to the

> question

> > > 'Why does Sanjay smoke inspite of knowing the

> vedas etc?'. Here

> the

> > > inference was that a person very learned in the

> vedas would not

> be having

> > > any vice.

> >

> > We should only discuss the astrological aspects

> and try to stay

> away from

> > morality issues. If somebody brings up morality

> issues, he/she

> deserves to

> > be ignored.

> >

> > All of us have vice. Flaws of some people show up

> prominently (e.g.

> smoking,

> > alcoholism etc). Flaws of some people are hidden

> inside and not

> visible

> > externally.

> >

> > All of us are slaves to the six internal enemies

> (kaama/desire,

> > krodha/anger, lobha/greed, moha/delusion,

> mada/wantonness,

> > matsarya/jealosy). These internal enemies, which

> afflict us at the

> > impulse/instinct level, are much more important to

> conquer than

> simple

> > external habits such as smoking and alcoholism.

> >

> > Just because we don't have certain habits, we

> should not consider

> ourselves

> > worthy of commenting on other people's habits.

> Instead, we should

> try to

> > conquer our own internal enemies.

> >

> > > In BPHS, both Rahu and Ketu are described as

> smoky. The typical

> > temperature

> > > profile of a cigarette varies from 700 degrees

> celsius at the hot

> end of

> > the

> > > cigarette to 50~70 degrees celsius of the smoke