IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected members,

I request anyone of the members to clarify my below question.

1. Generally while looking at a horoscope it is advised to check whether the

chart is strong from lagna, chandra lagna or surya lagna.

My question is can we take different lagnas for different aspects of life for

same chart? like for example in a given chart if we are looking at career aspect

and children aspect, career aspect is good from chandra lagna and children

aspect is good from surya lagna(lets assume) then can we term both aspects will

be good for native or should be stick to one lagna based on the strength of

lagna bhava alone from each case?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Jyothi.

Guest guest

jyoti Ji,

Balance various aspectes through a sudarsana chakra by combining all three lagnas.You understand of the three which lagna is stronger and free from doshas

vrkishnan--- On Mon, 6/22/09, jyomaddy <jyomaddy wrote:

jyomaddy <jyomaddy Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagnajyotish-vidya Date: Monday, June 22, 2009, 2:16 AM

Respected members,I request anyone of the members to clarify my below question.1. Generally while looking at a horoscope it is advised to check whether the chart is strong from lagna, chandra lagna or surya lagna.My question is can we take different lagnas for different aspects of life for same chart? like for example in a given chart if we are looking at career aspect and children aspect, career aspect is good from chandra lagna and children aspect is good from surya lagna(lets assume) then can we term both aspects will be good for native or should be stick to one lagna based on the strength of lagna bhava alone from each case?Thanks for your time.Best Regards,Jyothi.

Guest guest

Jyoti Ji,

It is good to look from the Karaka as well and then add the addittive influence. Just because it shows up as stronger from one lagna does not mean it will be strong. However, I have been taught always to take Udaya Lagna (rising sign) as the primary influence and then add the other influences. This makes sense on an astronomical basis as well since chandra, surya and karaka lagnas will be shared by a very large number of people since they dont change rapidly.

It never fails to amuse me in astrology conferences when some astrologers claim "The secret of this chart is the Chandra Lagna". In one of the conferences one astrologer pulled up George W Bush's chart and declared "The secret of his success is all the multiple yogas from his chandra lagna", I then thought to myself "Then why dont we have millions of George W Bush's in this world", since millions of people share that Chandra Lagna? Food for thought.

Regards,

-Manoj

jyomaddy <jyomaddyjyotish-vidya Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:16:44 PM Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Respected members,I request anyone of the members to clarify my below question.1. Generally while looking at a horoscope it is advised to check whether the chart is strong from lagna, chandra lagna or surya lagna.My question is can we take different lagnas for different aspects of life for same chart? like for example in a given chart if we are looking at career aspect and children aspect, career aspect is good from chandra lagna and children aspect is good from surya lagna(lets assume) then can we term both aspects will be good for native or should be stick to one lagna based on the strength of lagna bhava alone from each case?Thanks for your time.Best Regards,Jyothi.

Guest guest

Dear Mr Chandran,

The insight that comes through application of jaimini principles has relevence.But when it comes to dasa Visleshan we have to fall back on Chandra lagna.Some how relative strength of three lagnas is necessary evil without ignoring karakas strength in the natal as well as navamsa also.

Uday Lagna ofcourse had validation in Astrology.when we really use in practical purpose we find the rising lagna is some what"hypothetical" as it is the time precison and dependent on consistency of data.

where as chandra lagna provides a platform to study based on strength of moon as well as position of sun with reference to rasi and relatively find out strength of visonaries first and check other planets/Karakas

Surya lagna again we have problem as it's date if transit in 12 signs differs from culture to culture.

when we are given an occassion for general predictions we balance all things"hatmonise the various results as often advocated by Late B.V.Raman in his AM as well as host Institution of ICAS.

As a wholistic approach in the beginning itself let us try to analyse each lagna on it's own and then sum all three lagnas to make over all inferences.

We always find in forums many people asking that good and benific times have not given them required encouragement and interrogate the reliability aspects of Jyotish.

Horoscope/natal Chart gives indication favourable /unfavourable but we through our analysis help the native to be hopeful and awiat Gochara to time the events as per dasa in progress.

Since dasa is dependent on moon's nakshtra and the pattern evolves,,the good and bad of dasas along with significance of house/bahavs are to be born in mind in the course of analysis.

I feel in this long drwan out wholistic approcha suggested by jyotish,it is difficult to ignore any issue not even sulord of the nakshtras as we alwys find ourselves at recievers end

vrkrishnan --- On Mon, 6/22/09, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj wrote:

Manoj Chandran <chandran_manojRe: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagnajyotish-vidya Date: Monday, June 22, 2009, 8:04 AM

Jyoti Ji,

It is good to look from the Karaka as well and then add the addittive influence. Just because it shows up as stronger from one lagna does not mean it will be strong. However, I have been taught always to take Udaya Lagna (rising sign) as the primary influence and then add the other influences. This makes sense on an astronomical basis as well since chandra, surya and karaka lagnas will be shared by a very large number of people since they dont change rapidly.

It never fails to amuse me in astrology conferences when some astrologers claim "The secret of this chart is the Chandra Lagna". In one of the conferences one astrologer pulled up George W Bush's chart and declared "The secret of his success is all the multiple yogas from his chandra lagna", I then thought to myself "Then why dont we have millions of George W Bush's in this world", since millions of people share that Chandra Lagna? Food for thought.

Regards,

-Manoj

jyomaddy <jyomaddy (AT) (DOT) co..in>jyotish-vidyaSunday, June 21, 2009 11:16:44 PM Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Guest guest

Dear Mr Krishnan,

I agree that a wholistic approach is very much necessary. I also agree that Udaya Lagna depends on accuracy of birth time and hence Chandra Lagna is more reliable in that way. But my confusion is How can the classics call for predictions primarily based on Chandra Lagna in some cases (depending on strength of moon) when millions of people will share that? That is the point I find difficult to grasp. And hence my GW Bush example.

All your other points are very well made and I appreciate it.

Regards,

-Manoj

vattem krishnan <bursar_99jyotish-vidya Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 5:29:51 AMRe: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Dear Mr Chandran,

The insight that comes through application of jaimini principles has relevence.But when it comes to dasa Visleshan we have to fall back on Chandra lagna.Some how relative strength of three lagnas is necessary evil without ignoring karakas strength in the natal as well as navamsa also.

Uday Lagna ofcourse had validation in Astrology.when we really use in practical purpose we find the rising lagna is some what"hypothetical" as it is the time precison and dependent on consistency of data.

where as chandra lagna provides a platform to study based on strength of moon as well as position of sun with reference to rasi and relatively find out strength of visonaries first and check other planets/Karakas

Surya lagna again we have problem as it's date if transit in 12 signs differs from culture to culture.

when we are given an occassion for general predictions we balance all things"hatmonise the various results as often advocated by Late B.V.Raman in his AM as well as host Institution of ICAS.

As a wholistic approach in the beginning itself let us try to analyse each lagna on it's own and then sum all three lagnas to make over all inferences.

We always find in forums many people asking that good and benific times have not given them required encouragement and interrogate the reliability aspects of Jyotish.

Horoscope/natal Chart gives indication favourable /unfavourable but we through our analysis help the native to be hopeful and awiat Gochara to time the events as per dasa in progress.

Since dasa is dependent on moon's nakshtra and the pattern evolves,,the good and bad of dasas along with significance of house/bahavs are to be born in mind in the course of analysis.

I feel in this long drwan out wholistic approcha suggested by jyotish,it is difficult to ignore any issue not even sulord of the nakshtras as we alwys find ourselves at recievers end

vrkrishnan --- On Mon, 6/22/09, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ > wrote:

Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ >Re: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagnajyotish-vidyaMonday, June 22, 2009, 8:04 AM

Jyoti Ji,

Regards,

-Manoj

jyomaddy <jyomaddy (AT) (DOT) co..in>jyotish-vidyaSunday, June 21, 2009 11:16:44 PM Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Guest guest

Dear Mr manoj,

This is where we also look and consider divisional charts mainly navamsa.As you know navamsa as a progressive chart when anlysed you find difference in all those natives having same rasi.

Stellar aspects when considered,the innate affairs that emrge show how 5 th and 9th house provides different ways of fortune ,livelyhood and struglles in life.Though moon sign might be same for millions several factors that play role shape up differently by virtue of cosmic influence.

vrkrishnan --- On Mon, 6/22/09, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj wrote:

Manoj Chandran <chandran_manojRe: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagnajyotish-vidya Date: Monday, June 22, 2009, 10:28 AM

Dear Mr Krishnan,

I agree that a wholistic approach is very much necessary. I also agree that Udaya Lagna depends on accuracy of birth time and hence Chandra Lagna is more reliable in that way. But my confusion is How can the classics call for predictions primarily based on Chandra Lagna in some cases (depending on strength of moon) when millions of people will share that? That is the point I find difficult to grasp. And hence my GW Bush example.

Regards,

-Manoj

vattem krishnan <bursar_99 >jyotish-vidyaMonday, June 22, 2009 5:29:51 AMRe: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Dear Mr Chandran,

Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ >Re: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagnajyotish-vidyaMonday, June 22, 2009, 8:04 AM

Jyoti Ji,

Regards,

-Manoj

Guest guest

Dear Mr Krishnan,

I agree completely with you sir. I was in a conference when some one posted two identical charts. One was of a murder supect in Canada. The other was a school teacher. Exact same Rashi chart. Navamsha made the difference. Although even the school teacher did have aggressive tendencies and he went to jail for a small period of time for assault because he had a fight with his neighbour. But interesting how a small change can make a big difference.

Regards,

-Manoj

vattem krishnan <bursar_99jyotish-vidya Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 7:52:23 AMRe: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Dear Mr manoj,

This is where we also look and consider divisional charts mainly navamsa.As you know navamsa as a progressive chart when anlysed you find difference in all those natives having same rasi.

Stellar aspects when considered,the innate affairs that emrge show how 5 th and 9th house provides different ways of fortune ,livelyhood and struglles in life.Though moon sign might be same for millions several factors that play role shape up differently by virtue of cosmic influence.

Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ >Re: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagnajyotish-vidyaMonday, June 22, 2009, 10:28 AM

Dear Mr Krishnan,

Regards,

-Manoj

vattem krishnan <bursar_99 >jyotish-vidyaMonday, June 22, 2009 5:29:51 AMRe: Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

Dear Mr Chandran,

Jyoti Ji,

Regards,

-Manoj

Guest guest

Respected Sir,

I was trying to find some information regarding the sudarsana chakra but got

very few details can you guide me to a place where i can study about it? I also

have one more question:

1. When you say the chart is stronger from lagna for ex, what all factors are

considered? like important houses like kendras and konas have strength or like

what? In other words what factors determine the strength of a chart?

Generally as far my knowledge goes if following factors abide for a particular

bhava that bhava is considered to be strong.

1. Bhava lord in exaltation/own sign or friendly sign

2. bhava/lord not in papakartari

3. bhava/lord not related to dusthanas 6,8,12.

4. bhava lord not in bad amsa.

5. Being rasi/bhava vargottama

Am i correct in above things? should we add or subtract any points to above? How

many of above points should minimum be scored for strength?

I request you clarify my doubts.

Best Regards,

Jyothi.

jyotish-vidya , vattem krishnan <bursar_99 wrote:

>

> jyoti Ji,

> Balance various aspectes through a sudarsana chakra by combining all three

lagnas.You understand of the three which lagna is stronger and free from doshas

> vrkishnan

>

> --- On Mon, 6/22/09, jyomaddy <jyomaddy wrote:

>

>

> jyomaddy <jyomaddy

> Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

> jyotish-vidya

> Monday, June 22, 2009, 2:16 AM

>

>

Respected members,

>

> I request anyone of the members to clarify my below question.

>

> 1. Generally while looking at a horoscope it is advised to check whether the

> My question is can we take different lagnas for different aspects of life for

same chart? like for example in a given chart if we are looking at career aspect

>

> Thanks for your time.

>

> Best Regards,

> Jyothi.

>

Guest guest

Respected sir,

The points from your mail and also from your mail conversation from krishnan ji

are taken and thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Jyothi.

jyotish-vidya , Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj wrote:

>

> Jyoti Ji,

>

> It is good to look from the Karaka as well and then add the addittive

influence. Just because it shows up as stronger from one lagna does not mean it

will be strong. However, I have been taught always to take Udaya Lagna (rising

sign) as the primary influence and then add the other influences. This makes

sense on an astronomical basis as well since chandra, surya and karaka lagnas

will be shared by a very large number of people since they dont change rapidly.

>

> It never fails to amuse me in astrology conferences when some astrologers

claim " The secret of this chart is the Chandra Lagna " . In one of the conferences

one astrologer pulled up George W Bush's chart and declared " The secret of his

success is all the multiple yogas from his chandra lagna " , I then thought to

myself  " Then why dont we have millions of George W Bush's in this world " , since

millions of people share that Chandra Lagna? Food for thought.

>

> Regards,

>

> -Manoj

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> jyomaddy <jyomaddy

> jyotish-vidya

> Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:16:44 PM

> Deciding among lagna, chandra lagna and surya lagna

>

>

>

>

>

> Respected members,

>

> I request anyone of the members to clarify my below question.

>

> 1. Generally while looking at a horoscope it is advised to check whether the

> My question is can we take different lagnas for different aspects of life for

>

> Thanks for your time.

>

> Best Regards,

> Jyothi.

>

>

> __._,_..___

> Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

> Messages

> MARKETPLACE

> (1) New IQ Challenge. 92.6% of Americans get this question wrong!.

>

> How Many Triangles? 92.6% of Americans Fail this Question!.

>

> Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for

the world and for each other

>

> Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to

Traditional

> Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

> Recent Activity

> *  5

> New MembersVisit Your Group

> Finance

> It's Now Personal

> Guides, news,

> advice & more.

> New business?

> Get new customers.