IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

A question about Griha-pravesh muhurta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear learned friendsI have a question in my mind concerning "Griha-pravesh" muhurta (Muhurta for entering into a new house).In Northern India, there is a strong "Belief" that one should enter into a new house before the festival of Deepawali. As per the belief, the first celebrated festival in the new house should be "Deepawali" and not the "Holi". Therefore, most of the people who are constructing new homes, try to select a "Griha-pravesh" muhurta which is after the festival of "Holi" BUT before "Deepawali" (i.e. the muhurta falls between Holi and Deepawali and not vice-versa). I tried to find out the astrological logic behind this belief. I could not find a single quote supporting this belief in any of the Muhurta books, which I possess. There is no mention of "Deepawali" and "Holi" in chapters of Muhurta.I would appreciate your views in this regard. I think, "Deepawali" and "Holi" should not be a criteria at all. Instead, one should concentrate on selecting a good "Griha-pravesh" muhurta based on following conditions:For selecting a muhurta-date:1. Venus (the significator of home) should be strong in transit Ashtakvarga2. The fourth lord should be strong in transit Ashtakvarga3. Moon should be strong in transit Ashtakvarga4. It should not be a "Ghaat tithi"5. It should not be "Ghaat Nakshatra"6. It should not be a "Ghaat Vaar"For selecting a muhurta-timings:1. It should be a "Sthir-Lagna"2. Moon should not be in 6-8-12 houses3. It should be an auspicious "Chaughadia"I would be thankful for your thoughts.Warm regards,Shyam S Kansal

Guest guest

Namaste Dhananjayan jiThank you very much for the inputs. I also have the same thoughts.Warm regards,Shyam S Kansal , Dhananjayan Brahma <abhanaya wrote:Pranams,Mr.Shyam S Kansalji,There

is a general thinking and religious tabu prevails in the South and

North that Subhakaaryas are to be performed before annihilating the

brilliance of Deepam or else darkness would engulf their life.

I think the ritual ceremony / festive celebrations are based on Vedic-Vaideeka karma kiriyas .These are mostly subject matter of Prohit pundits which the general public follows them .Even though Mukurtha sastra knowledge is a prerequisite for both Astrologers and Prohit Pundits ;I

presume the role of Mukurtha sastra in a ritual ceremony pooja rests at

the timing of pooja alone and where as procedural aspects of rituals

lie at Prohit Pundits and their verdicts are final.Regards / Dhananjayan--- On Thu, 20/8/09, shyaamkansal

<jyotishee wrote:shyaamkansal <jyotishee A question about "Griha-pravesh" muhurta Date: Thursday, 20 August, 2009, 6:34 PM

Dear learned friendsI have a question in my mind concerning "Griha-pravesh" muhurta (Muhurta for entering into a new house).In

Northern India, there is a strong "Belief" that one should enter into

a new house before the festival of Deepawali. As per the belief, the

first celebrated festival in the new house should be "Deepawali" and

not the "Holi". Therefore, most of the people who are constructing new

homes, try to select a "Griha-pravesh" muhurta which is after the

festival of "Holi" BUT before "Deepawali" (i.e. the muhurta falls

between Holi and Deepawali and not vice-versa). I tried to

find out the astrological logic behind this belief. I could not find a

single quote supporting this belief in any of the Muhurta books, which

I possess. There is no mention of "Deepawali" and "Holi" in chapters

of Muhurta.I would appreciate your views in this regard. I

think,

"Deepawali" and "Holi" should not be a criteria at all. Instead, one

should concentrate on selecting a good "Griha-pravesh" muhurta based on

following conditions:For selecting a muhurta-date:1. Venus (the significator of home) should be strong in transit Ashtakvarga2. The fourth lord should be strong in transit Ashtakvarga3. Moon should be strong in transit Ashtakvarga4. It should not be a "Ghaat tithi"5. It should not be "Ghaat Nakshatra"6. It should not be a "Ghaat Vaar"For selecting a muhurta-timings:1. It should be a "Sthir-Lagna"2. Moon should not be in 6-8-12 houses3. It should be an auspicious "Chaughadia"I would be thankful for your thoughts.Warm regards,Shyam S Kansal