IndiaDivine.org

Re:Rahu_ 1H

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Anita ji,

For rahu in lagna the Lal Kitab says:

Chalti gaadi mein rora ataka

It causes hinderances, specially in a Govt job, unless Mars is in the 12th house or Mars aspects rahu.

Regards,

SP Khurana

Guest guest

Thank you khurana ji.

Regards,

Anita--- On Thu, 28/5/09, khurana_satpal <khurana_satpal wrote:

khurana_satpal <khurana_satpal Re:Rahu_ 1H Date: Thursday, 28 May, 2009, 4:43 AM

Dear Anita ji,

It causes hinderances, specially in a Govt job, unless Mars is in the 12th house or Mars aspects rahu.

Regards,

SP Khurana

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!

Guest guest

Dear Anita ji, Are we supposed to understand that, what Kurana ji said is true in your case? i.e. //Rahu in Lagna causes hindrances, specially in a Govt job, unless Mars is in the 12th house or Mars aspects rahu.// If so, thanks to Khurana ji for a valuable new input.Love and regards,Sreenadh , Anita R <ash.rsh55 wrote:>> Thank you khurana ji.> Regards,> Anita> > --- On Thu, 28/5/09, khurana_satpal khurana_satpal wrote:> > > khurana_satpal khurana_satpal Re:Rahu_ 1H> > Thursday, 28 May, 2009, 4:43 AM> > Dear Anita ji,> For rahu in lagna the Lal Kitab says:> Chalti gaadi mein rora ataka> It causes hinderances, specially in a Govt job, unless Mars is in the 12th house or Mars aspects rahu.> Regards,> SP Khurana

Guest guest

Hi,

It is true in the case of my daughter who is not in a govt job but in IT and also in my sisters case and she is in a leading pvt sector bank.

Regs,Anita

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

It is difficult to understand that Rahu in the lagna would cause disturbance, especially from Government. It is also very difficult to comprehend Lal Kitab and its predictive utility or otherwise. One old Urdu version of Lal Kitab which I read described Rahu in Lagna as "Haathi baitha takhat par, takhat charmarane laga" where Rahu is Haathi (elephant) and Lagna is "takhat" or throne. No where does it mention about trouble from Government. Moreover, BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. In trikonas however, if one of the nodes is placed in the trikona, the other would not get placed in a good house, it would be either in 3rd or in 11th. However, the same cannot be said about Kendras.

One more significance of placement of Rahu/Ketu in the third house, which I have observed, is that the matrimonial life of the parents is generally not very harmonious. This has no bearing on the longeivity of marriage of parents but is more concerned with harmoniousness of it. And if such a Rahu is also joined or aspected by a malefic, then it surely comes to pass. Check it out friends.

For disturbance in career, it is more to the running dashas than mere placement of Rahu in Lagna, is what I believe.

best regards,

manoj

Anita R <ash.rsh55 Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:59:29 PMRe: Re:Rahu_ 1H

Thank you khurana ji.

Regards,

Anita--- On Thu, 28/5/09, khurana_satpal <khurana_satpal@ > wrote:

khurana_satpal <khurana_satpal@ >[ancient_indian_ astrology] Re:Rahu_ 1Hancient_indian_ astrologyThursday, 28 May, 2009, 4:43 AM

Dear Anita ji,

Regards,

SP Khurana

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Manoj Kumar ji,

Good observations.....//Rahu in 3H ...matrimonial life of the parents is

generally not very harmonious.//

Rahu in Lagna = The native would get summons from Govt. or its agencies

for some wrong doing.... Rahu being hot heady while in Lagna { consider

/ignore other factors of sign & aspects...etc.}... is bent on NOT

relenting..... could be source of headaches and dis-harmony !!! The

wrong doing may not be of one's own doing or possibly being associated

with bad elements..... or not adhering to good advices or practices....

further reputation or personal image of native {Rahu in Lagna & Rahu

dasha} would be effected..... will have to sustain hard to survive in

material world....

Rahu in 9H - the native may not believe or be neutral in religion

matters. Differences of opinion with father is foregone conclusion.

To my understanding there is nothing like good or bad Kendras either for

Rahu or any of the astro_planets. For classics are clear in their

saying that planets lose their malefience when placed in Kendras !!

Ofcourse, it does NOT mean Nullification of their strengths.... i.e.

Malefics become little Tempered, Hardened, Ductile steel type behavior.

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

Guest guest

Sirs,

I am quoting below a small write up by Prof. Bhooshan Priya ji of Lal Kitab remedies on Rahu in general and Rahu in the 1st house in particular.

Regards,

SP Khurana

Qoute :

While talking about Rahu , lets first see under what planetary placements it is likely to be a malefic or a benefic.

Rahu will NOT be malefic if :

[ 1 ] Rahu itself placed in the 4th house.

[ 2 ] When the moon is exalted or strong.

[ 3 ] Mars in the 12th house.

[ 4 ] Mars in the 3rd house.

[ 5 ] Sun + Mercury in the 3rd house.

[ 6 ] Saturn + Mars { shubh } , any where.

[ 7 ] Mars comes to the 1st house in Varsh Phal.

[ 8 ] With mercury or aspected by mercury.

Will be malefic if :

[ 1 ] Conditions other than elaborated above.

[ 2 ] Sun is with venus.

[ 3 ] Sun is with Saturn , this combination will make even Mars malefic.

[ 4 ] Ketu is placed in the adryashya half , invisible half { pahale ghar }

With Mars in the 12th, Rahu would be silent but not absent.

Rahu will be all the more belligerent if the native lives in a house facing south.

Rahu + Saturn or Rahu + Mercury combination will help Saturn and Mercury respectively .

Rahu “ budh ke parindon aur shani ke kauwe { crow }ko na sirf aasman mein udne ki himmat

dega , balki dono hi grahon ka asar umda kar dega†{ 52 urdu ed ; page 644}

With this general back ground let’s see what will be the effect of Rahu if placed in the 1st house.

[ a ] The 1st house significations will be affected only if Rahu is found to be malefic.

[ b ] If Venus is in the 7th , irrespective of rahu being malefic or benefic , it will effect the health of the wife.

[ c ] The effect of Rahu , on the adryashya half { house 1 to 6 } will be determined on the basis of Mercury as it is placed in the Janma Kundali or varsh phal. The effect on the dryashya half { house 7 to 12 } will be according to the placement of Ketu.

“ suund rahu ki budh ho banata , ketu jism ban chalata ho†{ 52 urdu ed ; page 646}

Relationship with the Sun :

This is a very misunderstood section of Rahu in the 1st house. Some Lal Kitabists believe { mistakenly of course }that Rahu in the 1st house causes eclipse to the Sun. I do not blame them because they have taken a text line of the Lal Kitab at its literal value. The misleading line is :

“ Hathi takhta par grahan ravi ka , dasve shakki khud hota ho†{ 52 urdu ed; page 642}

Actually , this line should be read along with a line appearing later ,

“ hathi baitha takhta par , to takhta tharrane lagaâ€

“ suraj baitha jis hi ghar mein , grahan vaha aane laga†{ 52 urdu ed ; page 646}

After reading this line it becomes clear that Rahu eclipses the results of the house where the sun is placed. The exception to this rule is if both the sun and mercury are in the 3rd house, the results will not be affected.

Except for being with the sun , rahu does not eclipse the sun. The book says ,

“ suraj baithe hone wale ghar ki kismet ko { khud suraj ko nahi aur na hi suraj budh khana 3

ke waqt } grahan laga hoga†[ 52 urdu ed ; page 649 ]

On the contrary at times it helps the sun. Lal Kitab gives the list of results for all the 12 houses if sun were placed in them. While talking about the sun in the 5th house, when rahu is in the 1st, the Book says,

“ ab rahu suraj ki madad karega , aulad zaroor hogi†[ 52 urdu ed ; page 648 ]

Summarizing , Rahu does not necessarily affect the Sun , per se , unless together.

Now coming to the remedies :

[ 1 ] The remedy for the house where the sun is placed will have to be done , irrespective of the fact whether Rahu is found to be malefic or a benefic. Remedy will have to be done to strengthen the house for the good results of its significations. There can not be one or two general remedies. The remedies will depend on the house where the sun is placed.

[ 2 ] Remedies for rahu in the 1st house will depend whether the Rahu is a benefic or a malefic. If it is determined that rahu is malefic then only the remedy should be prescribed.

The two specific remedies prescribed by the Lal Kitab for rahu in the 1st house are:

{ A }“ suraj ki mutallqa ashiya ka daan nek aur bud dono halat mein madadgar hoga†[ 52 urdu ed ; 647 ]

{ B } “ Chandra ka upaya madadgar hoga†[ 52 urdu ed; page 650 ]

Gifting or offering at a temple {but not immersing in a river} gur , bajara, wheat , copper items etc will be beneficial in all situations irrespective of the rahu being a malefic or a benefic. {I add to it gifting the karak vastu of Mars also, reasons explained later}

Wearing a small square piece of silver round the neck, either in a white silk thread or a silver chain will be the ‘Chandra ka upaya’. The native instead of wearing the piece could keep it with him too.

The other form of ‘Chandra ka upaya’ could be handing over a little rice or silver to the mother for safe keeping; thus establishing the moon in the 4th house which will make rahu a benefic.

Some Lal Kitabists , advise to immerse in a river some wheat grain , gur or copper. This could be a harmful remedy. Immersing or ‘pravahit karana’ means distancing the influence of a planet, by handing it over to the moon {river}. What good can be achieved by distancing the results of the Sun, I have never been able to understand. For all we know the Sun might already be depressed by rahu, in that case it will need to be strengthened and not distanced.

Even if we assume that the sun is being placed in the 4th house, through immersing, it will not serve any purpose because it is the moon in the 4th house that makes rahu benefic and not the sun.

When asked why have they prescribed ‘throwing into a river ‘x’ quantity of wheat grain’, they would come up with another line in the Book which says,

“ mareez ke ham barabar jau { anaaj kanak jau}chalte paani mein behaave†[ 52 urdu ed; 645 ] .

Well , here it is an upaya specifically for illness { mainly fever } and that too it is jau { barley } which is advised to be immersed. The procedure is that the jau , after being rinsed with cow urine , be kept under the bed of the patient for the night and immerse it in the morning. The words ‘anaaj kanak jau’ appear in a bracket with a view to explain that jau is a rabi crop grown at the same time as wheat. It does not mean that wheat be immersed when some one is ill.

Therefore , Rahu in the 1st house will need two upaya :

( 1 ) Strengthening the house where the sun is placed , under all circumstances .

( 2 ) by gifting { daan } or offering at a temple , the karak vastu of the sun { I add mars also } or doing ‘ Chandra ka upaya’ will be beneficial.

Rahu in the 1st house in Varsh Phal :

If it is established that the Rahu might act maliciously, in that case I personally prefer strengthening both, the Sun and the Mars by offering at a temple the karak vastu of them both. When the rahu ‘ascends the throne’ it is bound to create some disturbance, ‘jab hathi takhta par charhega to takhta hilega hi’ . Therefore as a precautionary measure both, the owner of the land { rasi swami Mars } and the owner of the house , { pakka ghar of Sun } have to be strengthened. This will prepare both the grah to meet the eventuality. And of course there would be a need to strengthen the house where the Sun is placed.

Bhooshan Priya

, Manoj Kumar <mouji99 wrote:>> Dear Friends,> > It is difficult to understand that Rahu in the lagna would cause disturbance, especially from Government. It is also very difficult to comprehend Lal Kitab and its predictive utility or otherwise. One old Urdu version of Lal Kitab which I read described Rahu in Lagna as "Haathi baitha takhat par, takhat charmarane laga" where Rahu is Haathi (elephant) and Lagna is "takhat" or throne. No where does it mention about trouble from Government. Moreover, BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. In trikonas however, if one of the nodes is placed in the trikona, the other would not get placed in a good house, it would be either in 3rd or in 11th. However, the same cannot be said about Kendras. > > One more significance of placement of Rahu/Ketu in the third house, which I have observed, is that the matrimonial life of the parents is generally not very harmonious. This has no bearing on the longeivity of marriage of parents but is more concerned with harmoniousness of it. And if such a Rahu is also joined or aspected by a malefic, then it surely comes to pass. Check it out friends.> > For disturbance in career, it is more to the running dashas than mere placement of Rahu in Lagna, is what I believe.> > best regards,> > manoj> > > > > ________________________________> Anita R ash.rsh55 > Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:59:29 PM> Re: Re:Rahu_ 1H> > > > > > Thank you khurana ji.> Regards,> Anita> > --- On Thu, 28/5/09, khurana_satpal <khurana_satpal@ > wrote:> > > khurana_satpal <khurana_satpal@ >> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re:Rahu_ 1H> ancient_indian_ astrology> Thursday, 28 May, 2009, 4:43 AM> > > Dear Anita ji,> For rahu in lagna the Lal Kitab says:> Chalti gaadi mein rora ataka> It causes hinderances, specially in a Govt job, �unless Mars is in the 12th house or Mars aspects rahu.> Regards,> SP Khurana > > ________________________________> Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!>

Guest guest

Dear Manoj Kumar ji, //> It is difficult to understand that Rahu in the lagna would cause

disturbance, especially from Government. It is also very difficult to

comprehend Lal Kitab and its predictive utility or otherwise.// Lal kitab is an excellent book on predictive astrology and is an excellent system. It is also true that there are many versions and interpretations of Lalkitab text available. I am not an expert in that system. But certainly we have many knowledgeable members like Satpal ji, Nirmal ji etc who are all well-versed in this system and excellent in predictive understanding and knowledge of this system as well. I have good respect and regard for their knowledge and would love to learn more about Lalkitab system from them. Anyway, I agree with you about the presence of various verions of LalKitab and believe, - it is high time that some one should combine all the verious verions of Lalkitab and combine them in a single readable and easy to understand book (as happened with BPHS), and present it for the benefit of the world. Certianly there are excellent scholers among the Lal kitab astrologers community who are able to do the same. Let us hope that we will see some such book in near future.//No where does it mention about trouble from Government. // Are you sure? That is a derivation even based on ancient indian astrology and techniques! I don't see any trouble in such a derivation (I will clarify it when I discuss 'Rahu in Lagna' in detail). //BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas.

In trikonas however, if one of the nodes is placed in the trikona, the

other would not get placed in a good house, it would be either in 3rd

or in 11th.// Why you consider 'the other placed in 3rd or 11th' as good or bad? As I know, (if not made as a loose general statement) every placement will have BOTH good and bad effects - and this is well clarified by classics as well. This is true for the placement of Rahu, Ketu or any other planet in any house. So instead of vague statement like good, bad, benefic, malefic etc I would love to see and know the EXACT RESULTS that should be predicted for the same. And EVERY PLACEMENT will have BOTH good and bad results to indicate. Looking back at the statement - //BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. // OK - then tell me what is the result I should predict for the same? If Rahu is in Kendra what should be predicted? If Rahu is in Trikona what should be predicted? If this question is not answered the above BPHS statement will not remain beneficial/useful. //> One more significance of placement of Rahu/Ketu in the third

house, which I have observed, is that the matrimonial life of the

parents is generally not very harmonious. This has no bearing on the

longeivity of marriage of parents but is more concerned with

harmoniousness of it. And if such a Rahu is also joined or aspected by

a malefic, then it surely comes to pass. Check it out friends.// As an observation that is valid, but what is the astrological logic behind? Why should Rahu in 3rd should give matrimonial harmony for the parenets of the native? Love and regards,Sreenadh , Manoj Kumar <mouji99 wrote:>> Dear Friends,> > It is difficult to understand that Rahu in the lagna would cause disturbance, especially from Government. It is also very difficult to comprehend Lal Kitab and its predictive utility or otherwise. One old Urdu version of Lal Kitab which I read described Rahu in Lagna as "Haathi baitha takhat par, takhat charmarane laga" where Rahu is Haathi (elephant) and Lagna is "takhat" or throne. No where does it mention about trouble from Government. Moreover, BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. In trikonas however, if one of the nodes is placed in the trikona, the other would not get placed in a good house, it would be either in 3rd or in 11th. However, the same cannot be said about Kendras. > > One more significance of placement of Rahu/Ketu in the third house, which I have observed, is that the matrimonial life of the parents is generally not very harmonious. This has no bearing on the longeivity of marriage of parents but is more concerned with harmoniousness of it. And if such a Rahu is also joined or aspected by a malefic, then it surely comes to pass. Check it out friends.> > For disturbance in career, it is more to the running dashas than mere placement of Rahu in Lagna, is what I believe.> > best regards,> > manoj

Guest guest

Dear SSji,

It is also said that - better to have benefics in Kendra than malefics..

If we consider the above then it will be at odds with the dictum - that malefics loose their

malefience when in Kendras.

Also about the sthanbala - you said Rahu has no directional strength. I mean to say positional strength - for eg in 6th or 11th - Rahu is supposed to be good irrespective of the signs. Is it true ?Chiranjiv Mehta--- On Fri, 29/5/09, sreeram srinivas <sreeram64 wrote:

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Chiranjiv,

To me all planets wherever placed in the hororscope are good. This applies to Rahu also. Rahu/Ketu do not have any directional strength. Hence there is NO good or bad house for Rahu/Ketu i.e. Dons are Dons anywhere & everywhere...

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

Guest guest

Dear Friends,Very interesting and valid answers have been provided by Mr Satpal and Sreenadh Ji in their replies.I wish to add a few things from my own knowledge which may clarify things further.Firstly, BPHS says that the nodes become Yogakarka if situated in angles or trines along with the lords of angles or trines. Nothing more and nothing less. There is no controversies in that. Without association of angular or trinal lords, nodes in angles or trines are neither strong nor Karakas.Lal Kitaab stresses on the Karmic nature of Rahu and Ketu. It says this entire world and life revolves around the opposition and enmity of Rahu and Ketu. These are the two planets who keep fighting amongst themselves bitterly. What it symbolically means that The mental desires/activities (Rahu the head) and material desires / activities (Ketu the headless body) are the two dualities of life which are the prime cause of creation, existence and destruction. Rahu desires for body (material pleasure) and Ketu desires the head (ideas and final emancipation). That is why Rahu and Ketu's maya is with each other.Lal Kitaab says that these are the only two planets which keep the struggle on till the ship of life is sunk (Jhagra Karate Karate Beri dubate hain). They have been desribed as the Prosecutor (rahu) and the defendant (ketu) in front of the final Judge (saturn). No other system has described the significance of Rahu - ketu so beatufully.Now coming to the role played by Rahu in the first house. As stated by me earlier, this is only a single factor and its effect would be judged cumulatively.In Lal Kitab, the entire things operate on Karaka. Every house has two Karaka, one controlling the physical aspect and the other signifying the subtle Karakatwa. For example, For the first house, Mars is Karaka for material manifestations (body, structure, appearance etc) but Sun is the karaka for subtle significance of the first house. The first house is Simhasan and The king. It is rularship and the govt. It is control of entire resources. Planet that come here in yearly chart is the king of the year. Planet that is located here influences The Sun and is influenced by Sun.If Rahu is in Lagna, it badly influences the subtle Karakatwas of Sun. "Chalati Gaari men Rora" means accidental deaths, obstructions and hinderences from the govt. Rahu here effects the soul and the body. "Haathi Takta par Baith, Takhta Thharaane Laga". It is someting like Bin Laden being the President of USA. There is loss from the govt side. It is described as sort of Solar eclipse. Sun and Saturn in Lagna will give the same ill effects of Rahu.Rahu being in lagna and Saturn Mars being together any where or aspecting each other will make a man like a King.However, the biggest effected house is where Sun is located. When Rahu is in lagna, the house where sun is located is to be considered as eclipsed. The Sun is not eclipsed but the house where Sun is located suffered immensely. Suppose Rahu is in Lagna and Sun is in eight house, logivity will be curtailed.If Venus and Mercury are together, many ill effects will be mitigated. Even if Mercury being with sun will mitigate some ill effects on physical plane. If well placed and Sun being in the Fifth, it makes one a good politician. It all will depend on who is running lagna Rahu by being in the 7th, 8th and 11th house. Mayawati's horoscope is one such powerful horoscope.So far Rahu Ketu being ahead or behind, It effects nature of Saturn more than any thing else. Besides, out of the two which ever is behind (later houses) becomes the controllers of the results (good or bad).It is another theory and needs separate explanation.Remedies of Lal Kitaab are followed blindly without understanding those.Regards , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Manoj Kumar ji,> //> It is difficult to understand that Rahu in the lagna would cause> disturbance, especially from Government. It is also very difficult to> comprehend Lal Kitab and its predictive utility or otherwise.//> Lal kitab is an excellent book on predictive astrology and is an> excellent system. It is also true that there are many versions and> interpretations of Lalkitab text available. I am not an expert in that> system. But certainly we have many knowledgeable members like Satpal ji,> Nirmal ji etc who are all well-versed in this system and excellent in> predictive understanding and knowledge of this system as well. I have> good respect and regard for their knowledge and would love to learn more> about Lalkitab system from them. Anyway, I agree with you about the> presence of various verions of LalKitab and believe, - it is high time> that some one should combine all the verious verions of Lalkitab and> combine them in a single readable and easy to understand book (as> happened with BPHS), and present it for the benefit of the world.> Certianly there are excellent scholers among the Lal kitab astrologers> community who are able to do the same. Let us hope that we will see some> such book in near future.> > //No where does it mention about trouble from Government. //> Are you sure? That is a derivation even based on ancient indian> astrology and techniques! I don't see any trouble in such a derivation> (I will clarify it when I discuss 'Rahu in Lagna' in detail).> //BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas.> In trikonas however, if one of the nodes is placed in the trikona, the> other would not get placed in a good house, it would be either in 3rd or> in 11th.//> Why you consider 'the other placed in 3rd or 11th' as good or bad? As> I know, (if not made as a loose general statement) every placement will> have BOTH good and bad effects - and this is well clarified by classics> as well. This is true for the placement of Rahu, Ketu or any other> planet in any house. So instead of vague statement like good, bad,> benefic, malefic etc I would love to see and know the EXACT RESULTS that> should be predicted for the same. And EVERY PLACEMENT will have BOTH> good and bad results to indicate.> Looking back at the statement - //BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who> is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. //> OK - then tell me what is the result I should predict for the same? If> Rahu is in Kendra what should be predicted? If Rahu is in Trikona what> should be predicted? If this question is not answered the above BPHS> statement will not remain beneficial/useful.> //> One more significance of placement of Rahu/Ketu in the third house,> which I have observed, is that the matrimonial life of the parents is> generally not very harmonious. This has no bearing on the longeivity of> marriage of parents but is more concerned with harmoniousness of it. And> if such a Rahu is also joined or aspected by a malefic, then it surely> comes to pass. Check it out friends.//> As an observation that is valid, but what is the astrological logic> behind? Why should Rahu in 3rd should give matrimonial harmony for the> parenets of the native?> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , Manoj Kumar> mouji99@ wrote:> >> > Dear Friends,> >> > It is difficult to understand that Rahu in the lagna would cause> disturbance, especially from Government. It is also very difficult to> comprehend Lal Kitab and its predictive utility or otherwise. One old> Urdu version of Lal Kitab which I read described Rahu in Lagna as> "Haathi baitha takhat par, takhat charmarane laga" where Rahu is Haathi> (elephant) and Lagna is "takhat" or throne. No where does it mention> about trouble from Government. Moreover, BPHS describes Rahu as a planet> who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. In trikonas however, if one of> the nodes is placed in the trikona, the other would not get placed in a> good house, it would be either in 3rd or in 11th. However, the same> cannot be said about Kendras.> >> > One more significance of placement of Rahu/Ketu in the third house,> which I have observed, is that the matrimonial life of the parents is> generally not very harmonious. This has no bearing on the longeivity of> marriage of parents but is more concerned with harmoniousness of it. And> if such a Rahu is also joined or aspected by a malefic, then it surely> comes to pass. Check it out friends.> >> > For disturbance in career, it is more to the running dashas than mere> placement of Rahu in Lagna, is what I believe.> >> > best regards,> >> >manoj>

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

{} Lal kitab is an excellent book on predictive astrology and is an excellent system. It is also true that there are many versions and interpretations of Lalkitab text available. I am not an expert in that system. But certainly we have many knowledgeable members like Satpal ji, Nirmal ji etc who are all well-versed in this system and excellent in predictive understanding and knowledge of this system as well. I have good respect and regard for their knowledge and would love to learn more about Lalkitab system from them. Anyway, I agree with you about the presence of various verions of LalKitab and believe, - it is high time that some one should combine all the verious verions of Lalkitab and combine them in a single readable and easy to understand book (as happened with BPHS), and present it for the benefit of the world. Certianly there are excellent scholers among the Lal kitab astrologers

community who are able to do the same. Let us hope that we will see some such book in near future.

}{ All the versions of Lal Kitab that I have been able to see, all over North India, i.e., Delhi, Ambala, Rohtak, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Patiala, Hissar and some other places and all the practitioners at these places whom I personally interacted have not been able to predict but do offer remedial measures promptly. What they generally do is that they tend to tell about the present circumstances i.e., if a planet is placed in a particular position then these would be the circumstances at home, like unused or non-working clocks, radios, or other electrical equipment at consultor's home, or unspun yarn lying at home, or a wooden part to be there in the house etc., etc., etc., but I am told the remedial measures suggested in Lal Kitab do work, though I cannot vouch for it since I have not experienced it. I have in my possession a 1932 version of Lal Kitab in Urdu and it never uses the words that

were described to Rahu here. Jupiter is not mentioned as Jupiter in Lal Kitab and hence the later versions, i.e., translations by later authors, I am not sure about their veracity. The original Lal Kitab advises one to see the planetary position and then it needs to be cross-checked with lines on one's palm. {} Are you sure? That is a derivation even based on ancient indian astrology and techniques! I don't see any trouble in such a derivation (I will clarify it when I discuss 'Rahu in Lagna' in detail).

}{ Yes, I am pretty sure about. Will wait for your discussion of Rahu in Lagna. {} Why you consider 'the other placed in 3rd or 11th' as good or bad? As I know, (if not made as a loose general statement) every placement will have BOTH good and bad effects - and this is well clarified by classics as well. This is true for the placement of Rahu, Ketu or any other planet in any house. So instead of vague statement like good, bad, benefic, malefic etc I would love to see and know the EXACT RESULTS that should be predicted for the same. And EVERY PLACEMENT will have BOTH good and bad results to indicate. Looking back at the statement - //BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras

and Trikonas. // OK - then tell me what is the result I should predict for the same? If Rahu is in Kendra what should be predicted? If Rahu is in Trikona what should be predicted? If this question is not answered the above BPHS statement will not remain beneficial/useful.

}{ Third and eleventh houses have been described as bad houses. First its basic significance needs to be understood and that basic significance is "bad". However, since these houses are connected with one's efforts and consequent gains, these houses are required for living a material life, read material life. I would be happy to learn if in any of the classics of Astrology, 3rd and 11th have been described as good houses. Somewhere during the thread, I did read, upchaya house and its meanings. But sorry, in my observance, this has not been corroborated with the charts at hand. Hence placement of a planet in the third and eleventh house would continue to be considered as bad and not as good. However, a malefic getting placed there has been termed as good. If Rahu is in Trikona, it would behave as a Trikona Lord and if Rahu is in Kendra, it would behave as Kendra Lord. And if Rahu of Kendra

gets associated with a Trikona Lord, such Rahu's dasha would prove beneficial.{} As an observation that is valid, but what is the astrological logic behind? Why should Rahu in 3rd should give matrimonial harmony for the parenets of the native?

}{ There is nothing hidden here nor there is something which is difficult to comprehend. Its simple application of Bhavat Bhavam.

For me, it is simple application of astrology. What I tend to do is to put the principles to test on charts, rather than trying to get to the basis of those principles. Sometimes, it is simple to understand the principles and sometimes not. That depends upon our knowledge and enlightenment in any field and the blessings one receives from one's Guru. Am willing to clarify further if required.

with Best Regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Dear members,

Lagna is represented by Sun. Rahu there torments Sun or vice-versa.

For Sun is Universe's soul destroyer, would not give up so easily to

Rahu....hence the tormenting time for the native.....

Rahu in specific houses, other conditions satisfying gives Raja

Yogas..... which everyone likes.....

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

Guest guest

Dear Sobhana ji, That was very informative. Thanks.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Shobhana" <shobhana_ms wrote:>> Dear Friends,> > Very interesting and valid answers have been provided by Mr Satpal and> Sreenadh Ji in their replies.> > I wish to add a few things from my own knowledge which may clarify> things further.> > Firstly, BPHS says that the nodes become Yogakarka if situated in angles> or trines along with the lords of angles or trines. Nothing more and> nothing less. There is no controversies in that. Without association of> angular or trinal lords, nodes in angles or trines are neither strong> nor Karakas.> > Lal Kitaab stresses on the Karmic nature of Rahu and Ketu. It says this> entire world and life revolves around the opposition and enmity of Rahu> and Ketu. These are the two planets who keep fighting amongst themselves> bitterly. What it symbolically means that The mental desires/activities> (Rahu the head) and material desires / activities (Ketu the headless> body) are the two dualities of life which are the prime cause of> creation, existence and destruction. Rahu desires for body (material> pleasure) and Ketu desires the head (ideas and final emancipation). That> is why Rahu and Ketu's maya is with each other.> > Lal Kitaab says that these are the only two planets which keep the> struggle on till the ship of life is sunk (Jhagra Karate Karate Beri> dubate hain). They have been desribed as the Prosecutor (rahu) and the> defendant (ketu) in front of the final Judge (saturn). No other system> has described the significance of Rahu - ketu so beatufully.> > Now coming to the role played by Rahu in the first house. As stated by> me earlier, this is only a single factor and its effect would be judged> cumulatively.> > In Lal Kitab, the entire things operate on Karaka. Every house has two> Karaka, one controlling the physical aspect and the other signifying the> subtle Karakatwa. For example, For the first house, Mars is Karaka for> material manifestations (body, structure, appearance etc) but Sun is the> karaka for subtle significance of the first house. The first house is> Simhasan and The king. It is rularship and the govt. It is control of> entire resources. Planet that come here in yearly chart is the king of> the year. Planet that is located here influences The Sun and is> influenced by Sun.> > If Rahu is in Lagna, it badly influences the subtle Karakatwas of Sun.> "Chalati Gaari men Rora" means accidental deaths, obstructions and> hinderences from the govt. Rahu here effects the soul and the body.> "Haathi Takta par Baith, Takhta Thharaane Laga". It is someting like Bin> Laden being the President of USA. There is loss from the govt side. It> is described as sort of Solar eclipse. Sun and Saturn in Lagna will> give the same ill effects of Rahu.> > Rahu being in lagna and Saturn Mars being together any where or> aspecting each other will make a man like a King.> > However, the biggest effected house is where Sun is located. When Rahu> is in lagna, the house where sun is located is to be considered as> eclipsed. The Sun is not eclipsed but the house where Sun is located> suffered immensely. Suppose Rahu is in Lagna and Sun is in eight house,> logivity will be curtailed.> > If Venus and Mercury are together, many ill effects will be mitigated.> Even if Mercury being with sun will mitigate some ill effects on> physical plane. If well placed and Sun being in the Fifth, it makes one> a good politician. It all will depend on who is running lagna Rahu by> being in the 7th, 8th and 11th house. Mayawati's horoscope is one such> powerful horoscope.> > So far Rahu Ketu being ahead or behind, It effects nature of Saturn more> than any thing else. Besides, out of the two which ever is behind (later> houses) becomes the controllers of the results (good or bad).> > It is another theory and needs separate explanation.> > Remedies of Lal Kitaab are followed blindly without understanding those.> Regards

Guest guest

Dear Manoj ji, Thanks for the good mail. //I

would be happy to learn if in any of the classics of Astrology, 3rd and

11th have been described as good houses. Somewhere during the thread, I

did read, upchaya house and its meanings. But sorry, in my observance,

this has not been corroborated with the charts at hand. Hence placement

of a planet in the third and eleventh house would continue to be

considered as bad and not as good. // All the ancient classics (including BPHS) considers 3rd and 11th houses as good only and NOT bad. Even though such good-bad classifications are just vague and not of much use in actual result derivation, let me answer your querry with an authentic quote. Phaladeepika states - "Dustanam ashtama ripu vyayabhavamahu, Sustanam anya bhavanam subhadam pradishtam". [6-8-12 are termed malefic houses and ALL THE OTHER HOUSES are good (including 3rd and 11th)]. Even BPHS system only states that - IN VIMSOTTARI DASA calculations 11th LORD (note it 11th lord only and NOT planets placed in 11th) will give malefic results in its own dasa (no where any texts of Parasara school state that planets placed in 11th will give bad results). //But sorry, in my observance, ..................... Hence placement

of a planet in the third and eleventh house would continue to be

considered as bad and not as good.// Your this opinion is totally unsupported by any classics and does not tally with the hundreds of charts I have studies till date as well, and so so do not hold any weight from me as of now from the ancient indian astrological perspective. As of it is good only as your opinion for in this discussion. :) Anyway the charts we may take up later may clarify further - i.e. later when we are through with this face our dicussion. (regarding results that should be attributed to Rahu in various houses)Love and regards,Sreenadh , Manoj Kumar <mouji99 wrote:>> Dear Friends,> > {} Lal kitab is an excellent book on predictive astrology and is an excellent system. It is also true that there are many versions and interpretations of Lalkitab text available. I am not an expert in that system. But certainly we have many knowledgeable members like Satpal ji, Nirmal ji etc who are all well-versed in this system and excellent in predictive understanding and knowledge of this system as well. I have good respect and regard for their knowledge and would love to learn more about Lalkitab system from them. Anyway, I agree with you about the presence of various verions of LalKitab and believe, - it is high time that some one should combine all the verious verions of Lalkitab and combine them in a single readable and easy to understand book (as happened with BPHS), and present it for the benefit of the world. Certianly there are excellent scholers among the Lal kitab astrologers community who are able to do the same. Let us hope that we> will see some such book in near future.> > }{ All the versions of Lal Kitab that I have been able to see, all over North India, i.e., Delhi, Ambala, Rohtak, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Patiala, Hissar and some other places and all the practitioners at these places whom I personally interacted have not been able to predict but do offer remedial measures promptly. What they generally do is that they tend to tell about the present circumstances i.e., if a planet is placed in a particular position then these would be the circumstances at home, like unused or non-working clocks, radios, or other electrical equipment at consultor's home, or unspun yarn lying at home, or a wooden part to be there in the house etc., etc., etc., but I am told the remedial measures suggested in Lal Kitab do work, though I cannot vouch for it since I have not experienced it. I have in my possession a 1932 version of Lal Kitab in Urdu and it never uses the words that were described to Rahu here. Jupiter is not mentioned> as Jupiter in Lal Kitab and hence the later versions, i.e., translations by later authors, I am not sure about their veracity. The original Lal Kitab advises one to see the planetary position and then it needs to be cross-checked with lines on one's palm.> {} Are you sure? That is a derivation even based on ancient indian astrology and techniques! I don't see any trouble in such a derivation (I will clarify it when I discuss 'Rahu in Lagna' in detail). > }{ Yes, I am pretty sure about. Will wait for your discussion of Rahu in Lagna. > {} Why you consider 'the other placed in 3rd or 11th' as good or bad? As I know, (if not made as a loose general statement) every placement will have BOTH good and bad effects - and this is well clarified by classics as well. This is true for the placement of Rahu, Ketu or any other planet in any house. So instead of vague statement like good, bad, benefic, malefic etc I would love to see and know the EXACT RESULTS that should be predicted for the same. And EVERY PLACEMENT will have BOTH good and bad results to indicate.> Looking back at the statement -//BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. // OK - then tell me what is the result I should predict for the same? If Rahu is in Kendra what should be predicted? If Rahu is in Trikona what should be predicted? If this question is not answered the above BPHS statement will not remain beneficial/useful. > }{ Third and eleventh houses have been described as bad houses. First its basic significance needs to be understood and that basic significance is "bad". However, since these houses are connected with one's efforts and consequent gains, these houses are required for living a material life, read material life. I would be happy to learn if in any of the classics of Astrology, 3rd and 11th have been described as good houses. Somewhere during the thread, I did read, upchaya house and its meanings. But sorry, in my observance, this has not been corroborated with the charts at hand. Hence placement of a planet in the third and eleventh house would continue to be considered as bad and not as good. However, a malefic getting placed there has been termed as good. If Rahu is in Trikona, it would behave as a Trikona Lord and if Rahu is in Kendra, it would behave as Kendra Lord. And if Rahu of Kendra gets associated with a Trikona Lord, such Rahu's dasha would prove> beneficial.> {} As an observation that is valid, but what is the astrological logic behind? Why should Rahu in 3rd should give matrimonial harmony for the parenets of the native? > }{ There is nothing hidden here nor there is something which is difficult to comprehend. Its simple application of Bhavat Bhavam. > > For me, it is simple application of astrology. What I tend to do is to put the principles to test on charts, rather than trying to get to the basis of those principles. Sometimes, it is simple to understand the principles and sometimes not. That depends upon our knowledge and enlightenment in any field and the blessings one receives from one's Guru. Am willing to clarify further if required.> > with Best Regards,> > Manoj>

Guest guest

Dear Sreeramji,

The last para of your post is something that I too have observed in my limited

study of astrology and therefore I entirely agree with you. Many a times I have

found identical horoscopes with identical navamsha's within my own family and

the two individuals and their situation in life, body build and features -

mainly attitudes and nature are so diametrically opposite.......I find it

amazing. they were born just 6 mins apart. Perhaps one has to go deep into

various divisional charts to really see where the planets make a difference and

the aspects of the planets in the charts governing the various activities of our

life. Like D10 , D12, D27 etc.......

But that would be a laborious process, is it not?

Regards,

Anita

--- On Fri, 29/5/09, sreeram srinivas <sreeram64 wrote:

sreeram srinivas <sreeram64

Friday, 29 May, 2009, 6:01 AM

Dear Mr. Manoj Kumar ji,

Good observations. ....//Rahu in 3H ...matrimonial life of the parents is

generally not very harmonious./ /

Rahu in Lagna = The native would get summons from Govt. or its agencies

for some wrong doing.... Rahu being hot heady while in Lagna { consider

/ignore other factors of sign & aspects...etc. }... is bent on NOT

relenting... .. could be source of headaches and dis-harmony !!! The

wrong doing may not be of one's own doing or possibly being associated

with bad elements.... . or not adhering to good advices or practices... .

further reputation or personal image of native {Rahu in Lagna & Rahu

dasha} would be effected.... . will have to sustain hard to survive in

material world....

Rahu in 9H - the native may not believe or be neutral in religion

matters. Differences of opinion with father is foregone conclusion.

To my understanding there is nothing like good or bad Kendras either for

Rahu or any of the astro_planets. For classics are clear in their

saying that planets lose their malefience when placed in Kendras !!

Ofcourse, it does NOT mean Nullification of their strengths... . i.e.

Malefics become little Tempered, Hardened, Ductile steel type behavior.

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh ji,

Amen to your mail.

Anita

--- On Fri, 29/5/09, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

Sreenadh <sreesog

Friday, 29 May, 2009, 10:52 AM

Dear Manoj ji,

Thanks for the good mail. 

//I would be happy to learn if in any of the classics of Astrology, 3rd and 11th

have been described as good houses. Somewhere during the thread, I did read,

upchaya house and its meanings. But sorry, in my observance, this has not been

corroborated with the charts at hand. Hence placement of a planet in the third

and eleventh house would continue to be considered as bad and not as good. //

All the ancient classics (including BPHS) considers 3rd and 11th houses as

good only and NOT bad. Even though such good-bad classifications are just vague

and not of much use in actual result derivation, let me answer your querry with

an authentic quote. Phaladeepika states - " Dustanam ashtama ripu vyayabhavamahu,

Sustanam anya bhavanam subhadam pradishtam " . [6-8-12 are termed malefic houses

and ALL THE OTHER HOUSES are good (including 3rd and 11th)]. Even BPHS system

only states that - IN VIMSOTTARI DASA calculations 11th LORD (note it 11th lord

only and NOT planets placed in 11th) will give malefic results in its own dasa

(no where any texts of Parasara school state that planets placed in 11th will

give bad results).

//But sorry, in my observance, ............ ......... Hence placement of a

planet in the third and eleventh house would continue to be considered as bad

and not as good.//

Your this opinion is totally unsupported by any classics and does not tally

with the hundreds of charts I have studies till date as well, and so so do not

hold any weight from me as of now from the ancient indian astrological

perspective. As of it is good only as your opinion for in this discussion. :) 

Anyway the charts we may take up later may clarify further - i.e.. later when we

are through with this face our dicussion. (regarding results that should be

attributed to Rahu in various houses)

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

ancient_indian_ astrology, Manoj Kumar <mouji99.>

wrote:

>

> Dear Friends,

>  

> {}  Lal kitab is an excellent book on predictive astrology and is an excellent

system.  It is also true that there are many versions and interpretations of

Lalkitab text available. I am not an expert in that system. But certainly we

have many knowledgeable members like Satpal ji, Nirmal ji etc who are all

well-versed in this system and excellent in predictive understanding and

knowledge of this system as well. I have good respect and regard for their

knowledge and would love to learn more about Lalkitab system from them. Anyway,

I agree with you about the presence of various verions of LalKitab and believe,

- it is high time that some one should combine all the verious verions of

Lalkitab and combine them in a single readable and easy to understand book (as

happened with BPHS), and present it for the benefit of the world. Certianly

there are excellent scholers among the Lal kitab astrologers community who are

able to do the same. Let us hope that we

> will see some such book in near future.

>

> }{ All the versions of Lal Kitab that I have been able to see, all over North

India, i.e., Delhi, Ambala, Rohtak, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Patiala,

Hissar and some other places and all the practitioners at these places whom I

personally interacted have not been able to predict but do offer remedial

measures promptly. What they generally do is that they tend to tell about the

present circumstances i.e., if a planet is placed in a particular position then

these would be the circumstances at home, like unused or non-working clocks,

radios, or other electrical equipment at consultor's home, or unspun yarn lying

at home, or a wooden part to be there in the house etc., etc., etc., but I am

told the remedial measures suggested in Lal Kitab do work, though I cannot vouch

for it since I have not experienced it. I have in my possession a 1932 version

of Lal Kitab in Urdu and it never uses the words that were described to Rahu

here. Jupiter is not mentioned

> as Jupiter in Lal Kitab and hence the later versions, i.e., translations by

later authors, I am not sure about their veracity. The original Lal Kitab

advises one to see the planetary position and then it needs to be cross-checked

with lines on one's palm.

>  {} Are you sure? That is a derivation even based on ancient indian astrology

and techniques! I don't see any trouble in such a derivation (I will clarify it

when I discuss 'Rahu in Lagna' in detail).

> }{ Yes, I am pretty sure about. Will wait for your discussion of Rahu in

Lagna. 

> {}   Why you consider 'the other placed in 3rd or 11th' as good or bad? As I

know, (if not made as a loose general statement) every placement will have BOTH

good and bad effects - and this is well clarified by classics as well.  This is

true for the placement of Rahu, Ketu or any other planet in any house.  So

instead of vague statement like good, bad, benefic, malefic etc I would love to

see and know the EXACT RESULTS that should be predicted for the same. And EVERY

PLACEMENT will have BOTH good and bad results to indicate.

>  Looking back at the statement -//BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who is

strong in Kendras and Trikonas. //  OK - then tell me what is the result I

should predict for the same? If Rahu is in Kendra what should be predicted? If

Rahu is in Trikona what should be predicted? If this question is not answered

the above BPHS statement will not remain beneficial/useful.

> }{ Third and eleventh houses have been described as bad houses. First its

basic significance needs to be understood and that basic significance is " bad " .

However, since these houses are connected with one's efforts and consequent

gains, these houses are required for living a material life, read material life.

I would be happy to learn if in any of the classics of Astrology, 3rd and 11th

have been described as good houses. Somewhere during the thread, I did read,

upchaya house and its meanings. But sorry, in my observance, this has not been

corroborated with the charts at hand. Hence placement of a planet in the third

and eleventh house would continue to be considered as bad and not as good.

However, a malefic getting placed there has been termed as good. If Rahu is in

Trikona, it would behave as a Trikona Lord and if Rahu is in Kendra, it would

behave as Kendra Lord. And if Rahu of Kendra gets associated with a Trikona

Lord, such Rahu's dasha would

prove

> beneficial.

> {}  As an observation that is valid, but what is the astrological logic

behind? Why should Rahu in 3rd should give matrimonial harmony for the parenets

of the native?

> }{ There is nothing hidden here nor there is something which is difficult to

comprehend. Its simple application of Bhavat Bhavam.

>

> For me, it is simple application of astrology. What I tend to do is to put the

principles to test on charts, rather than trying to get to the basis of those

principles. Sometimes, it is simple to understand the principles and sometimes

not. That depends upon our knowledge and enlightenment in any field and the

blessings one receives from one's Guru. Am willing to clarify further if

required.

>  

> with Best Regards,

>  

> Manoj

Guest guest

Sirs,

There are NO different versions of the Lal Kitab.

Lal Kitab system has been explained through FIVE books originally written in

Urdu. The first one was published in 1939 [ not 1932 as Manoj ji claims]; the

second one was written in 1940; the third one was written in 1941 ; the fourth

one was written in 1942; and final and most exaustive one was written in 1952.

All books were written in Urdu. All original books in Urdu are well preserved

and available on the internet. These Urdu books alone are the authentic books

used by Lal Kitab scholars.

Of these five books, the first four have been transliterated in Hindi. The

transliteration is extremely authentic to the page and lines according to the

original books. It is just a change of script from Urdu to Hindi.

The last book of 1952 is being transliterated by a couple of scholars and will

be published within a year or so.

Most of the Lal Kitab scholars consult the original Urdu editions and also quote

from them.

Therefore, it is a misconception that there are various versions of the Lal

Kitab. This is not true.

Respectfully,

SP Khurana

, " Sreenadh " <sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Manoj ji,

> Thanks for the good mail.

> //I would be happy to learn if in any of the classics of Astrology, 3rd

> and 11th have been described as good houses. Somewhere during the

> thread, I did read, upchaya house and its meanings. But sorry, in my

> observance, this has not been corroborated with the charts at hand.

> Hence placement of a planet in the third and eleventh house would

> continue to be considered as bad and not as good. //

> All the ancient classics (including BPHS) considers 3rd and 11th

> houses as good only and NOT bad. Even though such good-bad

> classifications are just vague and not of much use in actual result

> derivation, let me answer your querry with an authentic quote.

> Phaladeepika states - " Dustanam ashtama ripu vyayabhavamahu, Sustanam

> anya bhavanam subhadam pradishtam " . [6-8-12 are termed malefic houses

> and ALL THE OTHER HOUSES are good (including 3rd and 11th)]. Even BPHS

> system only states that - IN VIMSOTTARI DASA calculations 11th LORD

> (note it 11th lord only and NOT planets placed in 11th) will give

> malefic results in its own dasa (no where any texts of Parasara school

> state that planets placed in 11th will give bad results).

> //But sorry, in my observance, ..................... Hence placement

> of a planet in the third and eleventh house would continue to be

> considered as bad and not as good.//

> Your this opinion is totally unsupported by any classics and does not

> tally with the hundreds of charts I have studies till date as well, and

> so so do not hold any weight from me as of now from the ancient indian

> astrological perspective. As of it is good only as your opinion for in

> this discussion. :) Anyway the charts we may take up later may clarify

> further - i.e. later when we are through with this face our dicussion.

> (regarding results that should be attributed to Rahu in various houses)

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> , Manoj Kumar

> <mouji99@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Friends,

> >

> > {} Lal kitab is an excellent book on predictive astrology and is an

> excellent system. It is also true that there are many versions and

> interpretations of Lalkitab text available. I am not an expert in that

> system. But certainly we have many knowledgeable members like Satpal ji,

> Nirmal ji etc who are all well-versed in this system and excellent in

> predictive understanding and knowledge of this system as well. I have

> good respect and regard for their knowledge and would love to learn more

> about Lalkitab system from them. Anyway, I agree with you about the

> presence of various verions of LalKitab and believe, - it is high time

> that some one should combine all the verious verions of Lalkitab and

> combine them in a single readable and easy to understand book (as

> happened with BPHS), and present it for the benefit of the world.

> Certianly there are excellent scholers among the Lal kitab astrologers

> community who are able to do the same. Let us hope that we

> > will see some such book in near future.

> >

> > }{ All the versions of Lal Kitab that I have been able to see, all

> over North India, i.e., Delhi, Ambala, Rohtak, Jalandhar, Ludhiana,

> Amritsar, Patiala, Hissar and some other places and all the

> practitioners at these places whom I personally interacted have not been

> able to predict but do offer remedial measures promptly. What they

> generally do is that they tend to tell about the present circumstances

> i.e., if a planet is placed in a particular position then these would be

> the circumstances at home, like unused or non-working clocks, radios, or

> other electrical equipment at consultor's home, or unspun yarn lying at

> home, or a wooden part to be there in the house etc., etc., etc., but I

> am told the remedial measures suggested in Lal Kitab do work, though I

> cannot vouch for it since I have not experienced it. I have in my

> possession a 1932 version of Lal Kitab in Urdu and it never uses the

> words that were described to Rahu here. Jupiter is not mentioned

> > as Jupiter in Lal Kitab and hence the later versions, i.e.,

> translations by later authors, I am not sure about their veracity. The

> original Lal Kitab advises one to see the planetary position and then it

> needs to be cross-checked with lines on one's palm.

> > {} Are you sure? That is a derivation even based on ancient indian

> astrology and techniques! I don't see any trouble in such a derivation

> (I will clarify it when I discuss 'Rahu in Lagna' in detail).

> > }{ Yes, I am pretty sure about. Will wait for your discussion of Rahu

> in Lagna.

> > {} Why you consider 'the other placed in 3rd or 11th' as good or

> bad? As I know, (if not made as a loose general statement) every

> placement will have BOTH good and bad effects - and this is well

> clarified by classics as well. This is true for the placement of Rahu,

> Ketu or any other planet in any house. So instead of vague statement

> like good, bad, benefic, malefic etc I would love to see and know the

> EXACT RESULTS that should be predicted for the same. And EVERY PLACEMENT

> will have BOTH good and bad results to indicate.

> > Looking back at the statement -//BPHS describes Rahu as a planet who

> is strong in Kendras and Trikonas. // OK - then tell me what is the

> result I should predict for the same? If Rahu is in Kendra what should

> be predicted? If Rahu is in Trikona what should be predicted? If this

> question is not answered the above BPHS statement will not remain

> beneficial/useful.

> > }{ Third and eleventh houses have been described as bad houses. First

> its basic significance needs to be understood and that basic

> significance is " bad " . However, since these houses are connected with

> one's efforts and consequent gains, these houses are required for living

> a material life, read material life. I would be happy to learn if in any

> of the classics of Astrology, 3rd and 11th have been described as good

> houses. Somewhere during the thread, I did read, upchaya house and its

> meanings. But sorry, in my observance, this has not been corroborated

> with the charts at hand. Hence placement of a planet in the third and

> eleventh house would continue to be considered as bad and not as good.

> However, a malefic getting placed there has been termed as good. If Rahu

> is in Trikona, it would behave as a Trikona Lord and if Rahu is in

> Kendra, it would behave as Kendra Lord. And if Rahu of Kendra gets

> associated with a Trikona Lord, such Rahu's dasha would prove

> > beneficial.

> > {} As an observation that is valid, but what is the astrological

> logic behind? Why should Rahu in 3rd should give matrimonial harmony for

> the parenets of the native?

> > }{ There is nothing hidden here nor there is something which is

> difficult to comprehend. Its simple application of Bhavat Bhavam.

> >

> > For me, it is simple application of astrology. What I tend to do is to

> put the principles to test on charts, rather than trying to get to the

> basis of those principles. Sometimes, it is simple to understand the

> principles and sometimes not. That depends upon our knowledge and

> enlightenment in any field and the blessings one receives from one's

> Guru. Am willing to clarify further if required.

> >

> > with Best Regards,

> >

> > Manoj

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear All, Can we discuss Rahu in 1H in more detail? Let us have a clear understanding about the results it produce. Love and regards,Sreenadh

Guest guest

Sreenadh ji,

Both my daughter ( lagna is karkataka) and my sister (lagna is leo)have rahu in first house.

In my sister's case, I have found that it has not caused any delays as such, except those which happened because of her own decisions / compulsions, but in my daughter's case, I had realised even before I started on my astrological journey, that everything happened to her after a delay and lot of stress. And then, when we are at our wit's end, and almost on the verge of giving up, and say "KRISHNA' everything happens in a jiffy, "JUST LIKE THAT". And she does get stressed out but when whatever she aspires for happens, it happens at ,what happens to be the most opportune time for her,(even tho we never realise it until it happens), and what is best for her. What happens ultimately ( after a whole lot of stress, and distress) invariably turns out to be more than we expected in the positive sense. But then the placement of other planets also make a difference.

Temperamentally, she is very straight but very deep, very honest , etc.. but my sister is a person none of us including our parents are able to fathom. I would like to stop at that. She has also has had an intercast marriage ( My sister, i e- my daughter is yet to be married, there is that delay aspect once again ) and husband is a nice , sweet guy. More helpful and accommodating than the wife. Once again the other influences on rahu / ketu may be responsible for this. But like my daughter, professionally she is doing well.

Any other aspect of their nature you want me to comment on, pl feel free to ask.Regards,

Anita--- On Mon, 1/6/09, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

Sreenadh <sreesog Re:Rahu_ 1H Date: Monday, 1 June, 2009, 4:49 AM

Dear All, Can we discuss Rahu in 1H in more detail? Let us have a clear understanding about the results it produce. Love and regards,Sreenadh

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

Thanks for the enlightenment that "tri-shad-aya" houses have not been classified as "bad" (malefic) houses by BPHS and only "duh:sthanas" are bad houses. Lets read the key-planet theory once again and I always thought that there are six good (benefic) and six bad (malefic) houses in a horoscope with life evenly balanced. Not to say that good house dont produce evil or bad houses dont produce good. Not interested in further discussion on this theoretically.

regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Dear Manoj ji, Just a few words, not too much of theory, if you permit. Let us not brush away something if there is a difference of opinion? It is better look for the right answer as we all become a little wiser after the discussion? BPHS cannot have two opinions about one issue. Key planet theory is lordship based and not house-based. 

Trishadaya lords, not houses, have been considered inauspicious or evil by Parashara. If these lords have association with other kona or Kendra lords the rajayoga is said to be blemished (sadosh). Trishadaya houses, as such, are not condemned by the rishi. It is their lords, in their dasha-antar which give inauspicious results when they connect with Kendra-trikona lords. 

11H, for example is the highest and strongest of Trishadayas, but it is labhsthan and planets are said to give good results here. Any lord in 11H would enhance and multiply its results. It would never be taken as a bad placement. Similarly the 3H, where planets give good results. Even debilitated planets are good in 3/11. Trishadaya houses have the capability to lift the native by becoming upchaya if karma of 10H is added to them making 3-6-10-11 the key to rise in life. 

6th is the only house, which is a Upachaya, Dusthana or trik and a Trisadaya and suffers the blemish of a bad house and planets become inauspicious by going to 6H. Only trik houses have been said to be inauspicious for other lords to fall in, or their lords are said to spoil the significations of house they occupy. Astrology was not always meant for day-to-day affairs and ripu, randhra and moksha bhavas also have much deeper significations than we actually judge from them. 

Why are Trishadaya lords associated with inauspiciousness? 3-11 are the Bhavat Bhavam of trik houses 6-8-12, hence they carry out the sookshm Trik House mandate by associating with other lords. Astrology can be unfolded at various levels. What is good for materialistic growth may not be well received in the esoteric realm. One has to overcome the temptations of 11H to achieve moksha in 12H.

Hope this helps RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,

I do not believe in quoting this or that text or getting to thread-bare minimums of something. For me, if some thing works then it works on the horoscopes and not on papers. So I gave that input while discussion was going around Rahu in the third house and being eldest or youngest in the same sex and further added that Rahu or placement of malefics in the third house would generally upset the harmoniousness of marriage of parents. And this was nothing but a simple extension of the Bhavat Bhavam Principle for which no complexities are required.

Regarding your contention that third house is good but third lord is bad. This does sound strange to me, do not know what other learned and esteemed members of the forum would think about it.

Then did I say, third house, is always a malefic house. I said, evil houses do produce good and good houses do produce evils.

I am sorry, I do not understand "bhari-bharkam" words like esoteric and et al. What I simply understand is that the houses which are spiritually bad are materialistically good and the houses which are materialistically good are the houses which have been termed as "malefic" houses by Parashar and other writers. So please, now lets drop this and if you are willing, go ahead and test out what I had stated on the collection of the charts you have and come up with your finding. That is going to help the fraternity of astrologers and not the endless discussions on a single issue.

I am sorry, if I have offended anyone on the wrong side, or trying to get into an out of bound place.

Waiting for your findings.

best regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Namaste Ms Neelam ji,

This is a good note....... people always tend to forget the basics...as they move to higher realms....then have a free fall.....for having skipped the ladder of logics systematically !!

//6th is the only house, which is a Upachaya, Dusthana or trik and a Trisadaya and suffers the blemish of a bad house and planets become inauspicious by going to 6H. Only trik houses have been said to be inauspicious for other lords to fall in, or their lords are said to spoil the significations of house they occupy.//

// Astrology was not always meant for day-to-day affairs and ripu, randhra and moksha bhavas also have much deeper significations than we actually judge from them.// //Why are Trishadaya lords associated with inauspiciousness? 3-11 are the Bhavat Bhavam of trik houses 6-8-12, hence they carry out the sookshm Trik House mandate by associating with other lords. Astrology can be unfolded at various levels. What is good for materialistic growth may not be well received in the esoteric realm. One has to overcome the temptations of 11H to achieve moksha in 12H//

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

Guest guest

Dear Manoj ji, //Regarding your contention that third house is good but third lord is

bad. This does sound strange to me, do not know what other learned and

esteemed members of the forum would think about it.// It is not so - there is no such contradiction. Clearly 3rd house is good and so is 3rd lord; 11th house is good and so is 11th lord. The only point is that, as per Parasara's opinion, in Vimsottari dasa based prediction, the Dasa of 3rd, 6th and 11th house lords will not be beneficial. Please note that, this SPECIAL RULE - * is applicable only in the case of Vimsottari dasa. * is applicable only in Parasari system (Arsha, Garga or Yavana school does not support this special rule) Now coming to practical application, why don't we take some horoscope and try to see the results produced by 3rd house lord? :) I can suggest numerous examples such as - * Aries lagna 3rd lord mercury. What are the result this mercury is supposed to produce? (Whether it is good or bad?) How would be the dasa of Mercury? (i.e. what are the results to be predicted in Mercury Vimsottari dasa?) * Virgo lagna 11th lord Moon. What are the results this Moon is supposed to produce? (whetehr it is good or bad?) How would be the dasa of Moon? (i.e. what are the results to be predicted in Moon Vimsottari dasa?) * Pisces lagna. 6th lord Sun. What are ther results this Sun is supposed to produce? (whetehr it is good or bad?) How would be the dasa of Sun? (i.e. what

are the results to be predicted in Sun Vimsottari dasa?) But better than producing such artifical examples, I would prefer the actaul practical scenario - and so would request some active member of the group to present the a chart (not the details, just the lagna, required house lord only - if the related dasa is already over that much better) that fullfill our need. We will just present our derived results, and let the individual who presented the chart verify whether the derived results are right or wrong? :) What do you say? :) Me too don't like the too much theoretical attitude, if it is not in tune with reality and practical usefulness. :)Love and regards,Sreenadh , Manoj Kumar <mouji99 wrote:>> Dear Neelam ji,> > I do not believe in quoting this or that text or getting to thread-bare minimums of something. For me, if some thing works then it works on the horoscopes and not on papers. So I gave that input while discussion was going around Rahu in the third house and being eldest or youngest in the same sex and further added that Rahu or placement of malefics in the third house would generally upset the harmoniousness of marriage of parents. And this was nothing but a simple extension of the Bhavat Bhavam Principle for which no complexities are required. > > Regarding your contention that third house is good but third lord is bad. This does sound strange to me, do not know what other learned and esteemed members of the forum would think about it. > > Then did I say, third house, is always a malefic house. I said, evil houses do produce good and good houses do produce evils. > > I am sorry, I do not understand "bhari-bharkam" words like esoteric and et al. What I simply understand is that the houses which are spiritually bad are materialistically good and the houses which are materialistically good are the houses which have been termed as "malefic" houses by Parashar and other writers. So please, now lets drop this and if you are willing, go ahead and test out what I had stated on the collection of the charts you have and come up with your finding. That is going to help the fraternity of astrologers and not the endless discussions on a single issue. > > I am sorry, if I have offended anyone on the wrong side, or trying to get into an out of bound place.> > Waiting for your findings.> > best regards,> > Manoj>