IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Zodiac Prayer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Zodiac Prayer

- Written by Sreenadh OG

I came across a unique prayer present in the text ‘Sri Trailokya Prakasa’ written by the Jain scholar Hemaprabhu Suri during the first half of 14th century AD. He uses the word ‘Lagna’ to mean ‘Lagna Mandala’ (Sign Circle; Zodiac) in these quotes. Due to the big possibility of this beautiful prayer getting misinterpreted by with superfluous people with only a pedestrian approach, they deserves special attention. Let us go through the prayer â€"

Lagnam devaH prabhuH swami lagnam jyotiH param matam

Lagnam deepo mahaloke lagnam tatvam dvisad guruH

Lagnam mata pita lagnam bandhurnijaH satam

Lagnamriddhir mahalakshmi lagnam devi sarasvati

Lagnam suryo vidhur lagnam lagnam bhaumo budho(a)pi cha

Lagnam guru kavir mando lagnam rahuH sa ketukaH

Lagnam pridhvi jalam lagnam lagnam tejastathanilaH

Lagnam vyoma varanando lagnam viswamayatmakam

(Sri Trilokya Prakasa)

If you misunderstand the meaning of the word ‘Lagna’ as ‘Ascendant’ in the above quote, then the meaning of the above quote would be quite funny and pathetic. Let us have a glimpse of the meaning people like AKK will derive based on their pathetic superfluous pedestrian level of understanding from the above quote â€"

“Asc is deity, lord, ruler, light and the ultimate; Asc is lamp, truth, master, mother, father, own relatives; Asc is wealth, goddess Mahalakshmi, goddess Sarasvati; Asc is Sun, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu; Asc is earth, water, air, fire and sky; Asc is the universe itselfâ€

This is absurd and simply funny! After seeing this kind of primitive statements one can only assume that - some crazy lunatic, without any proper understanding, might have uttered those words. Yes, it is this king of picture about Vedas, India and Indians that the western pimps like AKK want to present before the world just because of their hidden agenda. They want to robe the dignity of the mother doing prayer; a crime worse than murder. The ruthless fanatic barbarian attack these Kaulians (hooligans) doing to our culture could become clear from the simple example of current interpretation of the above quote as well. Similar rule applies everywhere, and for everything those Kaulian hyenas touch and through mud upon. In light of the above example quote, let us look at the correct meaning of the same; let us try to see how someone in the same path and belong to the same tradition will see the above touching informative quote â€"

“Zodiac signify deities (as personification of time and space); Zodiac signify (everything supreme such as) King, Lord, Ultimate light, Lamp (that shows path), Truth and the Master; Zodiac signify (every human beings connected to us, viz.) Mother, Father, Own relatives and friends; Zodiac signify (everything that provides happiness in the world, such as) Wealth, Goddess Mahalakshmi (prosperity), Godess Sarasvati (Education and Knowledge); Zodiac signify (all planets such as) Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu; Zodiac signify (the five basic elements such as) Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Sky (with which the universe is made up of, as per Indian philosophy); (In short) Zodiac signify everything present in this Universe!â€

Look how beautiful the quote now became! Look how in-depth the understanding is! Look how with vast understanding the Lagna Mandala (Zodiac) is called ‘Lagna’ (in short) with affection!

The above translation helps us to understand how foolish a word-to-word translation could be, and how delicate and beautiful could be the true understanding beholden by the original author as well as the true interpreter who resonates with him!

Let me quote some more lines from this ancient text ‘Sri Trailokya Prakasa’-

Mlescheshu vistritam lagnam kalikala prabhavataH

Prabhu prasadamasadya jaina dharmo(a)vadharyate

Divyajnana pratischandaH karani kevalasya cha

Upakaraya lokanam lagnasastram karomyaham

(Sri Trilokya Prakasa)

[This knowledge of Zodiac (and astrology) is elaborated by the people of Meluha (Harappan city; Sindhu-Sarasvati civilization). This knowledge of astrology was with Meluhans (the non-followers of great Jain religion), possibly due to the malefic nature of Kali Era (says Hema Prabhu Suri, the follower for Jain religion). Assuming the blessings of Jinendra Mahaveera, I am presenting this (ancient knowledge of Harappan astrology) as if it is Jain knowledge (I am porting this ancient Meluhan knowledge into this â€" relatively new â€" Jain religion). For the benefit of people, here I am presenting this ancient knowledge of Zodiac (Lagna Mandala) that resonates divine consciousness]

These quotes were of special interest to me because â€"

1) The first quote was a Zodiac Prayer that describes Zodiac in a unique way, and uses the word Lagna even to refer to Lagna Mandala (Sign Circle; Zodiac)

2) The second quote points to the Sindhu-Sarasvati (Saiva Agama) origin of Nirayana astrology that became popular throughout India through the Jains (as one stream of spreading; the others being Tantra-Agama, Naga-Agama etc)

All this and many other info prompts us to look at this ancient text ‘Sri Trilokya Prakasa’ written during the early half of 14th century in more detail. We may note the following points â€"

1) It is one of the oldest available text that tries to port ancient Meluhan astrological knowledge into Jain religion

2) It is one of the oldest available text that tries to mix Tajik astrology (astrology originated in Tajikistan) with Indian astrology. (Note that Tajik astrology reached India, prior to 5th century AD itself, as known from the Romaka’s quote available in Brihat Daivajna Ranjana)

3) It is one of the oldest available text of Jain origin that deals with Jain astrology and presents itself as a Jain text, and tries to present astrology itself as knowledge of Jain religious origin. Look at the following quote â€"

Brahmana veshtitam sakshad jnanamananda misritam

Sputeekartumivarabdham chaturjana tanudbhavam

(Sri Trilokya Prakasa)

[i tried to clarity this ancient knowledge that originated from Brahma (Adideva; Prajapati;Ginendra deva) from whose body the four major tribes originated]

Based on all this info we may feel that this ancient 14th century scholar seems to have started the text ‘Sri Trailokya Prakasa’ with numerous wrong intentions, but provided us with good amount of info and a good mix of ancient Meluhan (Harappan), Tajik (Tajikistan) and Jain astrology.

- 0 -

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh ji,What a comparison of Beauty and Beast in the beholder!! Likewise there are many extorted and distorted texts in circulation ever since we have stopped caring for our divine language in its full glory.

That was a beautiful and I thank you for posting such extracts in the forum. I am amazed at your patience to cull out and expose the hidden Khazana. Let us have more of it!!RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,

Thanks. :)

Note: Google provides a new freature " Share documents " in Google Docs.

Check it out. :) I have shared a blank document with the name " Lagna

Navamsa " with you. Let us start working on it. :)

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Sreenadh ji,

>

> What a comparison of Beauty and Beast in the beholder!! Likewise there

are

> many extorted and distorted texts in circulation ever since we have

stopped

> caring for our divine language in its full glory.

>

> That was a beautiful and I thank you for posting such extracts in the

forum.

> I am amazed at your patience to cull out and expose the hidden

Khazana. Let

> us have more of it!!

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>