Guest guest

Planets speak...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My humble view:

(as copied from my website):

Moksha Trikona:

Moksha trikona is often the least understood trikona. Moksha means

Liberation. The source of our liberation begins at our heart and soul.

The 4th. House is the seat of our emotions. Great seers have often

expressed that true realization of the self can never be learnt but

has to be felt. The 4th house represents these- the mother, the soul

and the heart.

The medium to put this desire to liberate oneself gains its expression

in matters of the 8th house. The 8th house is the seat of the hidden

emotions, the hidden desires, and the deepest secrets of our

subconscious. It is also the house of death and transformation. Death

on some level is a necessary action for transformation and thus is

essential for moksha too. This is the house that deals with the

occult, secrets, treasures hidden from the world. It shows our

lifespan, death, and also the possibility of immortality.

The final house, the 12th represents the result of the Trikona. In

order to gain freedom, we must lose the very world itself that keeps

us prisoner. This is the house of losses. It is also the house of the

unknown, of sleep, of bed pleasures (i.e. ejaculation as a loss), and

of dreams.

In my humble opinion 9H is the domain of dharma, of strict religious

practices, rituals and socially recognized religious pursuits.

If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see that

Moon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter

in Sagittarius.

To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worship

cannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,

Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present day

Bengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as " vama " rituals, the

leftist mode of worship.

The difference between the mother and the father is the difference

between left and right modes of worship. Whereas Purusha is more

ritualistic, Prakriti's whole emphasis is on feelings and emotion.

I am just a mere student and totally novice and have a very miniscule

understanding of spiritual matters so I absoluetly stand corrected if

I err.

Student always,

Souvik

Guest guest

Dear Duttaji,

regarding the following that you have stated -

If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see thatMoon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiterin Sagittarius.To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worshipcannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present dayBengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as "vama" rituals, theleftist mode of worship.--------------------

Can you give me a link to this story. I seem to have missed it.

And also an insight into the Vama rituals to the Mother.

You can give me a link as it would be too long to type out.

This request also goes out to Sreenadji who must be having a link or two in his Sangraha.

Thanks & Regards

Chiranjiv Mehta--- On Tue, 14/10/08, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan wrote:

Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan Re: Planets speak... Date: Tuesday, 14 October, 2008, 6:51 AM

My humble view:(as copied from my website):Moksha Trikona:Moksha trikona is often the least understood trikona. Moksha meansLiberation. The source of our liberation begins at our heart and soul.The 4th. House is the seat of our emotions. Great seers have oftenexpressed that true realization of the self can never be learnt buthas to be felt. The 4th house represents these- the mother, the souland the heart.The medium to put this desire to liberate oneself gains its expressionin matters of the 8th house. The 8th house is the seat of the hiddenemotions, the hidden desires, and the deepest secrets of oursubconscious. It is also the house of death and transformation. Deathon some level is a necessary action for transformation and thus isessential for moksha too. This is the house that deals with theoccult, secrets, treasures hidden from the world. It shows ourlifespan, death, and also the

possibility of immortality.The final house, the 12th represents the result of the Trikona. Inorder to gain freedom, we must lose the very world itself that keepsus prisoner. This is the house of losses. It is also the house of theunknown, of sleep, of bed pleasures (i.e. ejaculation as a loss), andof dreams.In my humble opinion 9H is the domain of dharma, of strict religiouspractices, rituals and socially recognized religious pursuits.If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see thatMoon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiterin Sagittarius.To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worshipcannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present dayBengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as "vama" rituals, theleftist mode of worship.The

difference between the mother and the father is the differencebetween left and right modes of worship. Whereas Purusha is moreritualistic, Prakriti's whole emphasis is on feelings and emotion.I am just a mere student and totally novice and have a very minisculeunderstanding of spiritual matters so I absoluetly stand corrected ifI err.Student always,Souvik

Connect with friends all over the world.. Get India Messenger.

Guest guest

Dear Souvik Dutta,

Thanks for the copy.It gives some idea for the moksha concept. I am unable to digest the idea of libration. What is libration? The libration from the karma or libration from th cycle of rebirth. Our sages hav divided the the kundli in to four karma -Dharma Artha, Kama and Moksha. Kama is opposit to Darma i.e. if we desire to do our duties we have to control our Kama. The Kama will dilute the Duties. Will maket us to be away from our duties. So control the Kama. Similarly Moksha is opposite to Artha. The Artha makes us to have possession. It makes us to have Moha for the family members and relatives and properties and other possessions. Moksha means linkage with or have Moha for Artha. Have Artha for the sustaining life, not filling the treasure or almira. So according to me, Moksha means have control over possession. Donot indulge in Moha and earn for the future of the family members and relatives and going on erecting industries

for them.--- On Tue, 10/14/08, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan wrote:

Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan Re: Planets speak... Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 6:51 AM

My humble view:(as copied from my website):Moksha Trikona:Moksha trikona is often the least understood trikona. Moksha meansLiberation. The source of our liberation begins at our heart and soul.The 4th. House is the seat of our emotions. Great seers have oftenexpressed that true realization of the self can never be learnt buthas to be felt. The 4th house represents these- the mother, the souland the heart.The medium to put this desire to liberate oneself gains its expressionin matters of the 8th house. The 8th house is the seat of the hiddenemotions, the hidden desires, and the deepest secrets of oursubconscious. It is also the house of death and transformation. Deathon some level is a necessary action for transformation and thus isessential for moksha too. This is the house that deals with theoccult, secrets, treasures hidden from the world. It shows ourlifespan, death, and also the

possibility of immortality.The final house, the 12th represents the result of the Trikona. Inorder to gain freedom, we must lose the very world itself that keepsus prisoner. This is the house of losses. It is also the house of theunknown, of sleep, of bed pleasures (i.e. ejaculation as a loss), andof dreams.In my humble opinion 9H is the domain of dharma, of strict religiouspractices, rituals and socially recognized religious pursuits.If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see thatMoon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiterin Sagittarius.To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worshipcannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present dayBengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as "vama" rituals, theleftist mode of worship.The

difference between the mother and the father is the differencebetween left and right modes of worship. Whereas Purusha is moreritualistic, Prakriti's whole emphasis is on feelings and emotion.I am just a mere student and totally novice and have a very minisculeunderstanding of spiritual matters so I absoluetly stand corrected ifI err.Student always,Souvik

Guest guest

Bhavat Bhavam 5th and 9th House.

Dear all,

The 5th from the 5th is the 9th . Only through acquiring " PoorvaPunya " , one can progres on the path of "Religion" or "Dharma "

And what does Dharma mean ? Does it mean that I should sit in Pooja for the whole day or do Japa Mala continously or sit in Haridwar and do engage in continous satsanga ?

Dharma would not just mean that we have to leave aside all duties, moha - maya, stop working, and just take Gods name. Or become a Sanyaasi without relinqueshing our duties properly.

The creation of this Earthly world - made by God is sustained through his "ansha" which are we human beings, and to continue this cycle of his creation, we have necessraily to procreate.

The 9th from the 9th is the 5th which indicates children. Hence creating progeny is the highest form of " Dharma". Of course it does not mean that passions must be unbridled, on the contrary the birth of children should not materialse due to pursuit of unbridled pleasures, but rather only as a means to uplift the Dharma.

Which is why a great weight is given to the birth of a " son " in the family because he is the one who will give water and do the kriyakarma after his parents pass away, while the daughter who is someone elses " amanaat: is give as " Kanya daan" and becomes a owner of some other household, family, linegae and Gotra.

We have to be a part of the Gods great work of continuing this creation to sustain, by begetting children, just like the little squirell who helped Lord Rama in building the bridge to Lanka. It is not that he needs our help. It is we who have to know and do our duties.

regards,'Bhaskar.

Guest guest

Dear All,Ninth house is supposed to be the most important house in the chart. It represents the highest kona, and is supposed to be shubh always. Even the malefics are pardoned and said to lose their malefic nature here. Any house lord who gets an entry to this coveted house takes back good results for his house.

Ninth house is the last step on the tripod of our journey of life. After fulfilling our worldly duties we come to this house in search of truth. This house is like the temple of the chart where you walk barefoot. We

can enter this house only after bathing in the ghats of 8H.This is the house of quest – a quest that entails both physical and psychological journeys in search of our being. This is the house where mind needs to broaden and look at the bigger picture. Who am I and why I was born are the type of questions which we find answered in the domain of this house.

All the significations of this house thus relate to this quest for truth, the search for our true selves. This is what dharma is essentially. So it becomes the house for Dharma.Verily, that which is Dharma is truth.

Therefore they say of a man who speaks truth, 'He speaks the Dharma,'or of a man who speaks the Dharma, 'He speaks the Truth.'Verily, both these things are the same. " (Brh. Upanishad, 1.4.14)

Everything that is needed to know our dharma and to uphold it, falls in ninth house.Starting with father who is the first one to connect us with our dharma and who is also our first Guru, we include all gurus in this house.

The word dharma literally translates as that which upholds or supports (from the root, Dhr, to hold), and is generally translated into English as law. Law is needed sometimes to get to the truth, so we have law and judiciary in this house. This also encompasses the universal law which again take us back to dharma.

In the Mahabharata, Krishna defines Dharma as:Dhaaranaad dharma ity aahur dharmena vidhrtaah prajaah,Yat syaad dhaarana sanyuktam sa dharma iti nishchayah (Mbh 12.110.11).Dharma upholds both this-worldly and the other-worldly affairs

In this sense this house relates to all knowledge leading to dharma. Ninth house is what remains after the purification in the eighth house, its essence and refers to all things that last or endure, such as the truth.

Searching for truth and meaning of life may also mean an interest in books, learning and higher education. So all those means to seek the truth come in this house. Through higher education, we have the hope of understanding concepts and theories which will enhance our world. Whether it's philosophy or psychology, the Ninth House reminds us that we are on a voyage of discovery. Journeys, both physical and psychic (dreams, etc) needed for this quest are also undertaken in this house.

We can say that on reaching this house, we get to know ourselves and start our journey upholding the truth… doing karmas to illustrate the truth… rising beyond the tentacles of worldly temptations… till we are liberated in the 12H.

Now I would like to ask one question from the learned members.Why this ninth house is the badhaksthan for fixed signs? Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

I do not think it is easy to answer this question, but I will attempt.

The 9th is the Dharma sthana, and it will be allowed to be entered, only

if a person is flexible, and not rigid. It will not allow Those who put

fatwas, hard core religiousts and tjose hwo do not know how to

amalgamate.

The nativities with Fixed signs as ascendants, are fixed in approach,

they are subborn, uncompromising, dogmatic, and stick to their own ideas

which they consider as right. For Such people the Badhaksthana is the

hurdle as it is the house of Dharma, they cannot enter it unless they

amalgamate, or merge with the coomon or the moveable.

Till the time I say that My God is the only God, and the best, the 9th

will reain a badhak sthana for me.

This is coming from a childs point of view.

You are mature,

we would like to have your explanations for the same.

regards/Bhaskar.

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear All,

>

> Ninth house is supposed to be the most important house in the chart.

It

> represents the highest kona, and is supposed to be shubh always. Even

the

> malefics are pardoned and said to lose their malefic nature here. Any

house

> lord who gets an entry to this coveted house takes back good results

for his

> house.

>

> Ninth house is the last step on the tripod of our journey of life.

After

> fulfilling our worldly duties we come to this house in search of

truth. This

> house is like the temple of the chart where you walk barefoot. We can

enter

> this house only after bathing in the ghats of 8H.

>

> This is the house of quest – a quest that entails both physical

and

> psychological journeys in search of our being. This is the house where

mind

> needs to broaden and look at the bigger picture. Who am I and why I

was born

> are the type of questions which we find answered in the domain of this

> house.

>

> All the significations of this house thus relate to this quest for

truth,

> the search for our true selves. This is what dharma is essentially. So

it

> becomes the house for Dharma.

>

> *Verily, that which is Dharma is truth.

> Therefore they say of a man who speaks truth, 'He speaks the Dharma,'

> or of a man who speaks the Dharma, 'He speaks the Truth.'

> Verily, both these things are the same. " *

> (Brh. Upanishad, 1.4.14)

>

> Everything that is needed to know our dharma and to uphold it, falls

in

> ninth house.

>

> Starting with father who is the first one to connect us with our

dharma and

> who is also our first Guru, we include all gurus in this house.

>

> The word dharma literally translates as that which upholds or supports

(from

> the root, Dhr, to hold), and is generally translated into English as

law.

> Law is needed sometimes to get to the truth, so we have law and

judiciary in

> this house. This also encompasses the universal law which again take

us back

> to dharma.

>

> In the Mahabharata, Krishna defines Dharma as:

> *Dhaaranaad dharma ity aahur dharmena vidhrtaah prajaah,

> Yat syaad dhaarana sanyuktam sa dharma iti nishchayah (Mbh

12.110.11).*

>

> Dharma upholds both this-worldly and the other-worldly affairs

>

> In this sense this house relates to all knowledge leading to dharma.

Ninth

> house is what remains after the purification in the eighth house, its

> essence and refers to all things that last or endure, such as the

truth.

>

> Searching for truth and meaning of life may also mean an interest in

books,

> learning and higher education. So all those means to seek the truth

come in

> this house. Through higher education, we have the hope of

understanding

> concepts and theories which will enhance our world. Whether it's

philosophy

> or psychology, the Ninth House reminds us that we are on a voyage of

> discovery. Journeys, both physical and psychic (dreams, etc) needed

for this

> quest are also undertaken in this house.

>

> We can say that on reaching this house, we get to know ourselves and

start

> our journey upholding the truth… doing karmas to illustrate the

truth…

> rising beyond the tentacles of worldly temptations… till we are

liberated in

> the 12H.

>

> Now I would like to ask one question from the learned members.

>

> *Why this ninth house is the badhaksthan for fixed signs? *

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,I am also quite ignorant about this. In fact, I do not have

a clear cut understanding about badhaksthan and badakesh. May be this concept

needs a better understanding than we have so far. Sometimes it is used as an

escape route to justify an event. I agree to what you've said, but this is not very convincing and does not stand real scrutiny.

For fixed signs,

badhakesh is also YK and when YK fails to give results, we say it is so because

of badhakesh (to be honest). Parashara says that YK will give the best results

and here we make it a planet to watch out for.

If fixed lagnas had to

be made flexible, why were they not taught with the 3H of effort and enterprise,

a little early in life?

Also, we need to know

when and in which areas of life will badhakesh intervene. It cannot put its

little finger in every pie we cook.

The explanations about

badhaksthans for dual and movable signs are equally vague and not convincing.

With my little

understanding I can add this. (we can elaborate on these lines also)

This concept finds

reference with char dasha. So may be we need to take rashi aspects to judge

this. It says that if there is a malefic in badhaksthana, results of that rashi

dasha is not good.

The fixed, dual or

movable rashis will together make up the Kendra pillar in any nativity. The

badhakas affect the maximum houses in this pillar.

For fixed rashi when

we take 9th house, a malefic in it aspects the all kendras, except

10H. For movable rashis, a malefic in 11H will aspect all kendras, except 10H.For dual rashis, again

3 kendras are aspected when 7H has a malefic. So the badhaka (a malefic in

badhak house) can impact the Kendra houses and bring inauspicious results.

The badhaksthan for fixed

and movable signs have the same element. Means a fiery lagna will have fiery

rashi in 9H in fixed sign or 11H in movable signs. For dual signs

however, we see that badhaksthan is from the opposite sign. An airy sign gets

aspect from the fiery sign, thus merging of two elements to bring harmony.

For movable and fixed

signs, 10H has been left. May be because with their temperaments and nature,

these rashis manage the works but are inadequate in handling the other areas.For dual signs, the

relationships come easy to handle with their adaptability, and the other 3

pillars are more sensitive and any malefic impact can harm these areas.

This is only one

perspective. We must try to find logical and applicable explanations for these

concepts. There are many learned members in the forum. Hope they can throw some

light on this.RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelam,

Another wonderful post helping me to understand more jyotish, and the

significance of the ninth house. The Dharma is another topic we the

westerners are on learning. I have jupiter in pisces on my 9th house,

i was always wondering what that means in Jyotish, your post now helps

me to get more deeper significance.

Wish we can have an discussions here on saturn/shani, or the esoteric

significance of the 8th house...shani seems to be the worst issue in

many charts. If you would agree, kindly please open another topic so

the students can follow it easier.

Warm Regards,

Liana

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear All,

>

> Ninth house is supposed to be the most important house in the chart. It

> represents the highest kona, and is supposed to be shubh always.

Even the

> malefics are pardoned and said to lose their malefic nature here.

Any house

> lord who gets an entry to this coveted house takes back good results

for his

> house.

>

> Ninth house is the last step on the tripod of our journey of life. After

> fulfilling our worldly duties we come to this house in search of

truth. This

> house is like the temple of the chart where you walk barefoot. We

can enter

> this house only after bathing in the ghats of 8H.

>

> This is the house of quest – a quest that entails both physical and

> psychological journeys in search of our being. This is the house

where mind

> needs to broaden and look at the bigger picture. Who am I and why I

was born

> are the type of questions which we find answered in the domain of this

> house.

>

truth,

> the search for our true selves. This is what dharma is essentially.

So it

> becomes the house for Dharma.

>

> *Verily, that which is Dharma is truth.

> Verily, both these things are the same. " *

>

> Everything that is needed to know our dharma and to uphold it, falls in

> ninth house.

>

dharma and

> who is also our first Guru, we include all gurus in this house.

>

> The word dharma literally translates as that which upholds or

supports (from

> the root, Dhr, to hold), and is generally translated into English as

law.

> Law is needed sometimes to get to the truth, so we have law and

judiciary in

> this house. This also encompasses the universal law which again take

us back

> to dharma.

>

> *Dhaaranaad dharma ity aahur dharmena vidhrtaah prajaah,

> Yat syaad dhaarana sanyuktam sa dharma iti nishchayah (Mbh 12.110.11).*

>

>

Ninth

> house is what remains after the purification in the eighth house, its

> essence and refers to all things that last or endure, such as the truth.

>

books,

> learning and higher education. So all those means to seek the truth

come in

> this house. Through higher education, we have the hope of understanding

> concepts and theories which will enhance our world. Whether it's

philosophy

> or psychology, the Ninth House reminds us that we are on a voyage of

> discovery. Journeys, both physical and psychic (dreams, etc) needed

for this

> quest are also undertaken in this house.

>

start

> our journey upholding the truth… doing karmas to illustrate the truth…

> rising beyond the tentacles of worldly temptations… till we are

liberated in

> the 12H.

>

>

> *Why this ninth house is the badhaksthan for fixed signs? *

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Neelamji,

I am rewriting this post because when I pressed the send button

something happened, but the post did not go through and I lost it.

I too do not find my reply convincing because we do ot have answers for

many " Tathyas " ( Facts) in astrology.

Just like a Raj Yoga, or a Panch Mahapurusha Yoga, or a Gajakesari Yoga,

or a Dhana Yoga, or a Vipareeta Raj Yoga, does not work most times in

practise, though they apparently appear in a natives chart, in the same

manner, the results of the Yog karaka do not come in actual everytime

they are observed as such, in a chart. Especially when this Yogkaraka

becomes a badhaksthandhipati, then the Yogkaraka tendencies seems to shy

away in oblivion.

During the Life time, The badhak will disturb the significations of the

house where it is placed in , the significations of the planet placed in

the badhaksthana, the significations of the houses it owns, and thuswill

not allow the positive results to appear in complete, and the little

ones too will appear onl after surmounting, badhas, that is obstacles,

hurdles and impediments.

When the Natives Life is nearing completion, this same badhaka wil

strike like a sharp edged knife, and kill the native.

Therefore th badhak will produce badhas in the natives Life , till he is

living in the areas suggested as above, and will get its actual power

when the life span of the native comes to an end. Before the Life span

of the native is completed ( Alp, Madhyam or param ), the badhaka cannot

kill, but only produce badhas in the areas it is connected with.

regards/Bhaskar.

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Bhaskar ji,

>

> I am also quite ignorant about this. In fact, I do not have a clear

cut

> understanding about badhaksthan and badakesh. May be this concept

needs a

> better understanding than we have so far. Sometimes it is used as an

escape

> route to justify an event.

>

> I agree to what you've said, but this is not very convincing and does

not

> stand real scrutiny.

>

> For fixed signs, badhakesh is also YK and when YK fails to give

results, we

> say it is so because of badhakesh (to be honest). Parashara says that

YK

> will give the best results and here we make it a planet to watch out

for.

>

> If fixed lagnas had to be made flexible, why were they not taught with

the

> 3H of effort and enterprise, a little early in life?

>

> Also, we need to know when and in which areas of life will badhakesh

> intervene. It cannot put its little finger in every pie we cook.

>

> The explanations about badhaksthans for dual and movable signs are

equally

> vague and not convincing.

>

> *With my little understanding I can add this. (we can elaborate on

these

> lines also)*

>

> This concept finds reference with char dasha. So may be we need to

take

> rashi aspects to judge this. It says that if there is a malefic in

> badhaksthana, results of that rashi dasha is not good.

>

> The fixed, dual or movable rashis will together make up the Kendra

pillar in

> any nativity. The badhakas affect the maximum houses in this pillar.

>

> For fixed rashi when we take 9th house, a malefic in it aspects the

all

> kendras, except 10H. For movable rashis, a malefic in 11H will aspect

all

> kendras, except 10H.

> For dual rashis, again 3 kendras are aspected when 7H has a malefic.

So the

> badhaka (a malefic in badhak house) can impact the Kendra houses and

bring

> inauspicious results.

>

> The badhaksthan for fixed and movable signs have the same element.

Means a

> fiery lagna will have fiery rashi in 9H in fixed sign or 11H in

movable

> signs. For dual signs however, we see that badhaksthan is from the

opposite

> sign. An airy sign gets aspect from the fiery sign, thus merging of

two

> elements to bring harmony.

>

> For movable and fixed signs, 10H has been left. May be because with

their

> temperaments and nature, these rashis manage the works but are

inadequate in

> handling the other areas.

> For dual signs, the relationships come easy to handle with their

> adaptability, and the other 3 pillars are more sensitive and any

malefic

> impact can harm these areas.

>

> This is only one perspective. We must try to find logical and

applicable

> explanations for these concepts.

> There are many learned members in the forum. Hope they can throw some

light

> on this.

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Liana,

Thanks and I am glad that you find these discussions useful.

I feel jyotish principles are quite easy to

derive once you understand the logic behind the working of planets and houses.

One thing emerges from the other. You catch a key word and open a pandoras box

to bring in everything, good or bad, to represent the keyword. Bad comes when

the concerned planet and house have bad influences and good comes with good

influences. If you can simplify it to this level, you can get

away with most of it. (I hope the real astrologers do not hit me for this).

With Guru in 9H in pisces, I am sure you'll

soon find your way.

//Wish we can have an discussions here on

saturn/shani, or the esoteric significance of the 8th house//I'll start something on that soon.

//...shani seems to be the worst issue in many

charts//

I fell all planets are equally good or bad. We should not be scared of anyone,

shani or rahu. They all have got together in this way for a purpose and we

should try to understand their language and act accordingly.

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear Mehta-ji,

Chandra story:

http://www.astrojyoti.com/vishnupurana2.htm

Vamachara/Vama Marga

http://www.india9.com/i9show/Vama-Marga-63657.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamachara

Regards,

Souvik

, chiranjiv mehta

<vchiranjiv wrote:

>

> Dear Duttaji,

> regarding the following that you have stated -

>

> If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see that

> Moon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter

> in Sagittarius.

>

> To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worship

> cannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,

> Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present day

> Bengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as " vama " rituals, the

> leftist mode of worship.

>

--\

------------------

>  

> Can you give me a link to this story. I seem to have missed it.

> And also an insight into the Vama rituals to the Mother.

> You can give me a link as it would be too long to type out.

> This request also goes out to Sreenadji who must be having a link or

two in his Sangraha.

>  

> Thanks & Regards

>  

> Chiranjiv Mehta

> --- On Tue, 14/10/08, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan wrote:

>

> Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan

> Re: Planets speak...

>

> Tuesday, 14 October, 2008, 6:51 AM

My humble view:

> (as copied from my website):

> Moksha Trikona:

> Moksha trikona is often the least understood trikona. Moksha means

> Liberation. The source of our liberation begins at our heart and soul.

> The 4th. House is the seat of our emotions. Great seers have often

> expressed that true realization of the self can never be learnt but

> has to be felt. The 4th house represents these- the mother, the soul

> and the heart.

> The medium to put this desire to liberate oneself gains its expression

> in matters of the 8th house. The 8th house is the seat of the hidden

> emotions, the hidden desires, and the deepest secrets of our

> subconscious. It is also the house of death and transformation. Death

> on some level is a necessary action for transformation and thus is

> essential for moksha too. This is the house that deals with the

> occult, secrets, treasures hidden from the world. It shows our

> lifespan, death, and also the possibility of immortality.

> The final house, the 12th represents the result of the Trikona. In

> order to gain freedom, we must lose the very world itself that keeps

> us prisoner. This is the house of losses. It is also the house of the

> unknown, of sleep, of bed pleasures (i.e. ejaculation as a loss), and

> of dreams.

>

> In my humble opinion 9H is the domain of dharma, of strict religious

> practices, rituals and socially recognized religious pursuits.

>

> If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see that

> Moon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter

> in Sagittarius.

>

> To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worship

> cannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,

> Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present day

> Bengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as " vama " rituals, the

> leftist mode of worship.

>

> The difference between the mother and the father is the difference

> between left and right modes of worship. Whereas Purusha is more

> ritualistic, Prakriti's whole emphasis is on feelings and emotion.

>

> I am just a mere student and totally novice and have a very miniscule

> understanding of spiritual matters so I absoluetly stand corrected if

> I err.

>

> Student always,

>

> Souvik

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to

http://messenger./invite/

>

Guest guest

Dear Kursija-ji,

Brilliantly put. Please allow me to indulge in a simple day-2-day

phenomenon where we put Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha at play. This

is just an example.

Dharma: Going to the temple every Tuesday.

Artha: Buying flowers and sweets from the local store

Kama: Praying to the deity for wish-fulfillment

Moksha: Distributing the prasada among friends and family.

Regards,

Souvik

Guest guest

Dear Duttaji,

Thank You for the link. Looks like Chandra by itself is no gauranter of piety. But only emotions. I have senn people with afflicted chandra's losing all humanity in some phases and thus becoming cruel.

Thanks & Regards

Chiranjiv Mehta--- On Wed, 15/10/08, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan wrote:

Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan Re: Planets speak... Date: Wednesday, 15 October, 2008, 6:53 AM

Dear Mehta-ji,Chandra story:http://www.astrojyo ti..com/vishnupur ana2.htmVamachara/Vama Margahttp://www.india9. com/i9show/ Vama-Marga- 63657.htmhttp://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ VamacharaRegards,Souvikancient_indian_ astrology, chiranjiv mehta<vchiranjiv@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Duttaji,> regarding the following that you have stated -> > If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see that> Moon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter> in Sagittarius.>

> To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worship> cannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,> Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present day> Bengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as "vama" rituals, the> leftist mode of worship.>------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> Â > Can you give me a link to this story. I seem to have missed it.> And also an insight into the Vama rituals to the Mother.> You can give me a link as it would be too long to type out.> This request also goes out to Sreenadji who must be having a link ortwo in his Sangraha.> Â > Thanks & Regards> Â > Chiranjiv Mehta> --- On Tue, 14/10/08, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ ....> wrote:> > Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@

....>> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Planets speak...> ancient_indian_ astrology> Tuesday, 14 October, 2008, 6:51 AM> > > > > > > My humble view:> (as copied from my website):> Moksha Trikona:> Moksha trikona is often the least understood trikona. Moksha means> Liberation. The source of our liberation begins at our heart and soul.> The 4th. House is the seat of our emotions. Great seers have often> expressed that true realization of the self can never be learnt but> has to be felt. The 4th house represents these- the mother, the soul> and the heart.> The medium to put this desire to liberate oneself gains its expression> in matters of the 8th house. The 8th house is the seat of the

hidden> emotions, the hidden desires, and the deepest secrets of our> subconscious. It is also the house of death and transformation. Death> on some level is a necessary action for transformation and thus is> essential for moksha too. This is the house that deals with the> occult, secrets, treasures hidden from the world. It shows our> lifespan, death, and also the possibility of immortality.> The final house, the 12th represents the result of the Trikona. In> order to gain freedom, we must lose the very world itself that keeps> us prisoner. This is the house of losses. It is also the house of the> unknown, of sleep, of bed pleasures (i.e. ejaculation as a loss), and> of dreams.> > In my humble opinion 9H is the domain of dharma, of strict religious> practices, rituals and socially recognized religious pursuits.> > If we remember the story of

abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see that> Moon (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter> in Sagittarius.> > To understand the Mother, as Pakriti, traditional rightist worship> cannot be performed. This is the reason in regions of Anga, Vanga,> Pragjyotish (places where Kalika Purana was composed), present day> Bengal and Assam, the worship of mother is done as "vama" rituals, the> leftist mode of worship.> > The difference between the mother and the father is the difference> between left and right modes of worship. Whereas Purusha is more> ritualistic, Prakriti's whole emphasis is on feelings and emotion.> > I am just a mere student and totally novice and have a very miniscule> understanding of spiritual matters so I absoluetly stand corrected if> I err.> > Student always,> > Souvik>

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go tohttp://messenger. / invite/>

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

Dear Neelam Gupta,

You are right when you say that why the 9th house is badhaka for the fixed

lagna. The same question has raised by K.K.pathak in his article in times of

Astrology in annual issue 2008, if I am not wrong. We have to understand the

definition of Badhak. I am quoting the same from some books,

1. KP --- The Bhadhaka houses are the worst malefics for death.

--- the worst malefics in cutting one's life without

hesitation. It may effect only the health if its dasa or bhukti is

ruled by the planet --- KP Reader III & V p 226.

2. Prasna Marga --- a house of harm --- applicable to only

horary astrology and not in natal astrology.

3. Jataka Parijata --- an additional condition: the badhaka lord

for a particular lagana should be treated as an actual badhaka, if it

simultaneously be the lord of the house tenanted by Mandi (Gulika) or

Kharesha (Lord of 22 nd drekkana from the lagna). That is

why, " Don't worry about it. " --- Dr. M.V. Mehta.

4. V. K. Choudhry (System's Analysis-SA) ---SA doest not believe

in ---- maraka planets, --- badhaka principles --- if not closely

associated with other functional malefic planet or the most malefic

planet, its influence on any planet or the most effective point of a

house, would never be bad.

5. Sanjay Rath --- obstruction --- in various forms ---an evil --

-should not be taken lightly --- with neechabhanga rajayoga in

badhaka sign, ---- Aurangzeb killed his brothers and imprisoned his

father (till death) and grabbed the Mogul Empire.

Badhaka sthana is like an inherent weakness that troubles one and can

destabilize the personality.Movable signs have a lot of rajas (energy). The 11th

house is the house of gains and fulfillment of desires and it has the potential

to drive a person of active and dynamic disposal to an extreme and test. Such a

dynamic person should watch out against the tendency to become fickle-minded

while pursuing multiple gains. Fixed signs have more tamas and are fixed in

nature. The 9th house is the house of dharma (duty) and it has the potential to

put a person of rigid and strong temperament to test. Such a rigid person should

watch out against the tendency to become dogmatic about one's dharma. The dharma

does not mean here way of worship but ones duties toward family members, society

or country etc.The dual signs are flexible and able to adopt. The 7th house is

of relationships and it can push those flexible people to test. Such people

should watch out against

the tendency to be ambivalent in relationships.Badhaka planets do harm. In case

planet attracts any other blemish simultaneously , it does more harm. If 

Badhaka is under the  influence by benefic yogas , these planets  do not harm or

their blemish is reduced. Bhavartha Ratnakar in chapter on Taurus Ascendant

says; 'Saturn gives Rajyoga results if conjunct either with Mercury or Sun.'

Saturn can not give yoga results alone  because it is Badhaka Lord.If  it is

conjoined with a angular or Trinal lord , its blemish is reduced and becomes

Yogakarka.Similarly , Jatak Parijat says ; if Badhaka is also the dispositer of

Mandi or Khresh ,it gives added adverse results.Similarly , BPHS says ; if

Ascendant and Badhaka places  are occupied by Melafics , Badhaka gives very

adverse results.( chapter 51) So I feel badhak is nothing but if added with

more blemishes, it gives malefic results and if influenced by benefice blemishes

are reduced, It gives

results during dasha and antar dasha. Regards   

--- On Tue, 10/14/08, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 wrote:

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07

Re: Re: Planets speak...

Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 9:06 PM

Dear All,

Ninth house is supposed to be the most important house in the chart. It

represents the highest kona, and is supposed to be shubh always. Even the

malefics are pardoned and said to lose their malefic nature here. Any house lord

who gets an entry to this coveted house takes back good results for his house.

Ninth house is the last step on the tripod of our journey of life. After

fulfilling our worldly duties we come to this house in search of truth. This

house is like the temple of the chart where you walk barefoot. We can enter this

house only after bathing in the ghats of 8H.

This is the house of quest – a quest that entails both physical and

psychological journeys in search of our being. This is the house where mind

needs to broaden and look at the bigger picture. Who am I and why I was born are

the type of questions which we find answered in the domain of this house.

All the significations of this house thus relate to this quest for truth, the

search for our true selves. This is what dharma is essentially. So it becomes

the house for Dharma.

Verily, that which is Dharma is truth.

Therefore they say of a man who speaks truth, 'He speaks the Dharma,'

or of a man who speaks the Dharma, 'He speaks the Truth.'

Verily, both these things are the same. "

(Brh. Upanishad, 1.4.14)

Everything that is needed to know our dharma and to uphold it, falls in ninth

house.

Starting with father who is the first one to connect us with our dharma and who

is also our first Guru, we include all gurus in this house.

The word dharma literally translates as that which upholds or supports (from the

root, Dhr, to hold), and is generally translated into English as law. Law is

needed sometimes to get to the truth, so we have law and judiciary in this

house. This also encompasses the universal law which again take us back to

dharma.

In the Mahabharata, Krishna defines Dharma as:

Dhaaranaad dharma ity aahur dharmena vidhrtaah prajaah,

Yat syaad dhaarana sanyuktam sa dharma iti nishchayah (Mbh 12.110.11).

Dharma upholds both this-worldly and the other-worldly affairs

In this sense this house relates to all knowledge leading to dharma. Ninth house

is what remains after the purification in the eighth house, its essence and

refers to all things that last or endure, such as the truth.

Searching for truth and meaning of life may also mean an interest in books,

learning and higher education. So all those means to seek the truth come in this

house. Through higher education, we have the hope of understanding concepts and

theories which will enhance our world. Whether it's philosophy or psychology,

the Ninth House reminds us that we are on a voyage of discovery. Journeys, both

physical and psychic (dreams, etc) needed for this quest are also undertaken in

this house.  

We can say that on reaching this house, we get to know ourselves and start our

journey upholding the truth… doing karmas to illustrate the truth… rising beyond

the tentacles of worldly temptations… till we are liberated in the 12H.

Now I would like to ask one question from the learned members.

Why this ninth house is the badhaksthan for fixed signs?

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

A good, informative and a educational write-up. by Shri Kursija ji.

Thank You.

regards/Bhaskar.

, " S.C. Kursija "

<sckursija wrote:

>

> Dear Neelam Gupta,

> You are right when you say that why the 9th house is badhaka for the

fixed lagna. The same question has raised by K.K.pathak in his article

in times of Astrology in annual issue 2008, if I am not wrong. We have

to understand the definition of Badhak. I am quoting the same from some

books,

> 1. KP --- The Bhadhaka houses are the worst malefics for death.

> --- the worst malefics in cutting one's life without

> hesitation. It may effect only the health if its dasa or bhukti is

> ruled by the planet --- KP Reader III & V p 226.

>

> 2. Prasna Marga --- a house of harm --- applicable to only

> horary astrology and not in natal astrology.

>

> 3. Jataka Parijata --- an additional condition: the badhaka lord

> for a particular lagana should be treated as an actual badhaka, if it

> simultaneously be the lord of the house tenanted by Mandi (Gulika) or

> Kharesha (Lord of 22 nd drekkana from the lagna). That is

> why, " Don't worry about it. " --- Dr. M.V. Mehta.

>

> 4. V. K. Choudhry (System's Analysis-SA) ---SA doest not believe

> in ---- maraka planets, --- badhaka principles --- if not closely

> associated with other functional malefic planet or the most malefic

> planet, its influence on any planet or the most effective point of a

> house, would never be bad.

>

> 5. Sanjay Rath --- obstruction --- in various forms ---an evil --

> -should not be taken lightly --- with neechabhanga rajayoga in

> badhaka sign, ---- Aurangzeb killed his brothers and imprisoned his

> father (till death) and grabbed the Mogul Empire.

>

> Badhaka sthana is like an inherent weakness that troubles one and can

destabilize the personality.Movable signs have a lot of rajas (energy).

The 11th house is the house of gains and fulfillment of desires and it

has the potential to drive a person of active and dynamic disposal to an

extreme and test. Such a dynamic person should watch out against the

tendency to become fickle-minded while pursuing multiple gains. Fixed

signs have more tamas and are fixed in nature. The 9th house is the

house of dharma (duty) and it has the potential to put a person of rigid

and strong temperament to test. Such a rigid person should watch out

against the tendency to become dogmatic about one's dharma. The dharma

does not mean here way of worship but ones duties toward family members,

society or country etc.The dual signs are flexible and able to adopt.

The 7th house is of relationships and it can push those flexible people

to test. Such people should watch out against

> the tendency to be ambivalent in relationships.Badhaka planets do

harm. In case planet attracts any other blemish simultaneously , it does

more harm. If Badhaka is under the influence by benefic yogas , these

planets do not harm or their blemish is reduced. Bhavartha Ratnakar in

chapter on Taurus Ascendant says; 'Saturn gives Rajyoga results if

conjunct either with Mercury or Sun.' Saturn can not give yoga results

alone because it is Badhaka Lord.If it is conjoined with a angular or

Trinal lord , its blemish is reduced and becomes Yogakarka.Similarly ,

Jatak Parijat says ; if Badhaka is also the dispositer of Mandi or

Khresh ,it gives added adverse results.Similarly , BPHS says ; if

Ascendant and Badhaka places are occupied by Melafics , Badhaka gives

very adverse results.( chapter 51) So I feel badhak is nothing but if

added with more blemishes, it gives malefic results and if influenced by

benefice blemishes are reduced, It gives

> results during dasha and antar dasha. Regards

>

>

> --- On Tue, 10/14/08, neelam gupta neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> neelam gupta neelamgupta07

> Re: Re: Planets speak...

>

> Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 9:06 PM

>

Dear All,

>

> Ninth house is supposed to be the most important house in the chart.

It represents the highest kona, and is supposed to be shubh always. Even

the malefics are pardoned and said to lose their malefic nature here.

Any house lord who gets an entry to this coveted house takes back good

results for his house.

>

> Ninth house is the last step on the tripod of our journey of life.

After fulfilling our worldly duties we come to this house in search of

truth. This house is like the temple of the chart where you walk

barefoot. We can enter this house only after bathing in the ghats of 8H.

>

> This is the house of quest – a quest that entails both physical

and psychological journeys in search of our being. This is the house

where mind needs to broaden and look at the bigger picture. Who am I and

why I was born are the type of questions which we find answered in the

domain of this house.

>

truth, the search for our true selves. This is what dharma is

essentially. So it becomes the house for Dharma.

>

> Verily, that which is Dharma is truth.

> Verily, both these things are the same. "

>

> Everything that is needed to know our dharma and to uphold it, falls

in ninth house.

>

dharma and who is also our first Guru, we include all gurus in this

house.

>

> The word dharma literally translates as that which upholds or supports

(from the root, Dhr, to hold), and is generally translated into English

as law. Law is needed sometimes to get to the truth, so we have law and

judiciary in this house. This also encompasses the universal law which

again take us back to dharma.

>

> Dhaaranaad dharma ity aahur dharmena vidhrtaah prajaah,

> Yat syaad dhaarana sanyuktam sa dharma iti nishchayah (Mbh 12.110.11).

>

>

Ninth house is what remains after the purification in the eighth house,

its essence and refers to all things that last or endure, such as the

truth.

>

books, learning and higher education. So all those means to seek the

truth come in this house. Through higher education, we have the hope of

understanding concepts and theories which will enhance our world.

Whether it's philosophy or psychology, the Ninth House reminds us that

we are on a voyage of discovery. Journeys, both physical and psychic

(dreams, etc) needed for this quest are also undertaken in this house.

>

start our journey upholding the truth… doing karmas to illustrate

the truth… rising beyond the tentacles of worldly temptations…

till we are liberated in the 12H.

>

>

> Why this ninth house is the badhaksthan for fixed signs?

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Kursija ji,Thank you for the write up on Badhaka and various opinions on that. It was indeed very informative. //Badhaka sthana is like an inherent weakness that troubles one and can

destabilize the personality.Movable signs have a lot of rajas (energy).

The 11th house is the house of gains and fulfillment of desires and it

has the potential to drive a person of active and dynamic disposal to

an extreme and test. Such a dynamic person should watch out against the

tendency to become fickle-minded while pursuing multiple gains. Fixed

signs have more tamas and are fixed in nature. The 9th house is the

house of dharma (duty) and it has the potential to put a person of

rigid and strong temperament to test. Such a rigid person should watch

out against the tendency to become dogmatic about one's dharma. The

dharma does not mean here way of worship but ones duties toward family

members, society or country etc.The dual signs are flexible and able to

adopt. The 7th house is of relationships and it can push those flexible

people to test. Such people should watch out against//This explanation I had also read earlier from PV Narasimha's write up, but I was not fully convinced about it. It tries to explain but only weakly and not fully.

The definitions and details of badhakas that you've culled out are useful, but do not give any indication of their significance for the houses they represent. We take badhaka's influence in so many different ways and we just say obstacles without discriminating the fixed or movable signs and correlating with areas where obstacles are caused.

What I am saying may be of academic interest, but one is curious to know. I found the explanation through char aspects more convincing for selection of badhak houses for different signs. The kendras getting afflicted for all could be a possible explanation. I am still working on the details and I'll try to take opinion from KNR and others about this.

RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear neelamji,

For Aries sign Badhaka, Saturn ( lord of Aquarius ) is the debilitated in Aries.

So the Badhaka Graha is weakening influence ( or itself weakened ? ).

But do we have other such examples which can be used to explain in short this

Badhaka phenomenon without losing the main threads ?. I think we have gone thru

this before. Sreenadji may have written on this.

Chiranjiv Mehta

--- On Wed, 15/10/08, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 wrote:

Re: Re: Planets speak...

Wednesday, 15 October, 2008, 1:55 PM

Dear Kursija ji,

Thank you for the write up on Badhaka and various opinions on that. It was

indeed very informative.

//Badhaka sthana is like an inherent weakness that troubles one and can

destabilize the personality. Movable signs have a lot of rajas (energy). The

11th house is the house of gains and fulfillment of desires and it has the

potential to drive a person of active and dynamic disposal to an extreme and

test. Such a dynamic person should watch out against the tendency to become

fickle-minded while pursuing multiple gains. Fixed signs have more tamas and

are fixed in nature. The 9th house is the house of dharma (duty) and it has the

potential to put a person of rigid and strong temperament to test. Such a rigid

person should watch out against the tendency to become dogmatic about one's

dharma. The dharma does not mean here way of worship but ones duties toward

family members, society or country etc.The dual signs are flexible and able to

adopt. The 7th house is of relationships and it can push those flexible people

to test. Such people should watch out

against//

This explanation I had also read earlier from PV Narasimha's write up, but I was

not fully convinced about it. It tries to explain but only weakly and not fully.

The definitions and details of badhakas that you've culled out are useful, but

do not give any indication of their significance for the houses they represent.

We take badhaka's influence in so many different ways and we just say obstacles

without discriminating the fixed or movable signs and correlating with areas

where obstacles are caused.

What I am saying may be of academic interest, but one is curious to know. I

found the explanation through char aspects more convincing for selection of

badhak houses for different signs. The kendras getting afflicted for all could

be a possible explanation. I am still working on the details and I'll try to

take opinion from KNR and others about this.

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear Souvik ji and all,

//If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see that Moon

(thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter in

Sagittarius.//

This is absolutely right. Tara's fascination for Soma arose only from her

dissatisfaction with exoteric rituals and religiosity. Jupiter's religiosity

leads to disillusionment when mind principle is developed. The developed

mind leads us to saturn's domain where the individual suffers the futility

of karmas and materialism and is finally prepared to merge with universal

principle in Pisces. Thus we have Jupiter's two signs flanking saturn's

houses.

Jupiter nourishes both materially and religiously, yet does have the power

to give mortality. But at the same time it knows how to harness this power

through mind. This is the principle that works in the 4H with moon. This is

what explains Tara's going away with moon. In Matsya, Vishnu and Bhagwad

Puranas, the story says that the Earth was milked or churned through

Brihaspati. That also connects with my opening sentence " Nectar of wisdom is

churned in the cosmic womb " . It is here that 4H comes into picture where

Jupiter exalts.

Jupiter in Sagittarius is still concerned with outer forms. He is the

preceptor of Gods, and does not possess the inner secret of life for which

he sends his son Kacha to Shukracharya. He knows how to get the Sanjeevni

though he may not possess it.

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear Chiranjiv ji,

//For Aries sign Badhaka, Saturn ( lord of Aquarius ) is the debilitated in

Aries. So the Badhaka Graha is weakening influence ( or itself

weakened ? ).//

This may be right also, as many principles have several explanations. We

were trying to see a common factor that could've been used to assign the

badhaksthans for the three types of rashis.

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelamji & Others

Your take ----when mind principle is developed from the below given mail.

I think Jup + Surya gives interest in Vidhi, Vidhan, correct religious

procedures et al.

Jup + Mars gives rise to industrious efforts.

Jup + Saturn gives rise to the wisest council.

What is important in these combi's are that Jupiter add what is known as

VIVEK / Tark. The best traslation with my limited English is - discretion.

And this Vivek in Shiva's own words is the important ingredient to use, by the

Sadhak if he has to get atmagnyan.

As is given in the Bhagvad Gita, " depending on his inherent nature , itself

determined by the three Guna's , a person acts differently to a particular

event "

Jupiter is the one which decides the inherent nature of a person by helping him

overcome, empower or restrict either of the 3 which are out of proportion.

So Guru + Chandra = GajaKesri Yoga / Chandra + Mangal = Laxmi Yoga but also

restlessness, and to some extent madness.

Hope i could convey what i feel.

Chiranjiv

--- On Wed, 15/10/08, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 wrote:

Re: Planets speak...

Wednesday, 15 October, 2008, 3:16 PM

Dear Souvik ji and all,

//If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see that Moon

(thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter in

Sagittarius. //

This is absolutely right. Tara's fascination for Soma arose only from her

dissatisfaction with exoteric rituals and religiosity. Jupiter's religiosity

leads to disillusionment when mind principle is developed. The developed

mind leads us to saturn's domain where the individual suffers the futility

of karmas and materialism and is finally prepared to merge with universal

principle in Pisces. Thus we have Jupiter's two signs flanking saturn's

houses.

Jupiter nourishes both materially and religiously, yet does have the power

to give mortality. But at the same time it knows how to harness this power

through mind. This is the principle that works in the 4H with moon. This is

what explains Tara's going away with moon. In Matsya, Vishnu and Bhagwad

Puranas, the story says that the Earth was milked or churned through

Brihaspati. That also connects with my opening sentence " Nectar of wisdom is

churned in the cosmic womb " . It is here that 4H comes into picture where

Jupiter exalts.

Jupiter in Sagittarius is still concerned with outer forms. He is the

preceptor of Gods, and does not possess the inner secret of life for which

he sends his son Kacha to Shukracharya. He knows how to get the Sanjeevni

though he may not possess it.

Regards

Neelam

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger at

http://in.messenger./?wm=n/

Guest guest

Dear Chiranjivji , Neelamji, and others,

You have written a beautiful post.

Esoteric meanings does not get us to prediction levels, we need pointers

for when, where and how ?

Chandra + Mangal also produces a " aamdani ( Income) through society

women " Yoga.

Can I have some comments to accentuate or negate this please ?

regards,

Bhaskar.

, chiranjiv mehta

<vchiranjiv wrote:

>

> Dear Neelamji & Others

> Your take ----when mind principle is developed from the below given

mail.

> I think Jup + Surya gives interest in Vidhi, Vidhan, correct religious

procedures et al.

> Jup + Mars gives rise to industrious efforts.

> Jup + Saturn gives rise to the wisest council.

> What is important in these combi's are that Jupiter add what is

known as VIVEK / Tark. The best traslation with my limited

English is - discretion.

> And this Vivek in Shiva's own words is the important ingredient to

use, by the Sadhak if he has to get atmagnyan.

> As is given in the Bhagvad Gita, " depending on his inherent nature

, itself determined by the three Guna's , a person acts

differently to a particular event "

> Jupiter is the one which decides the inherent nature of a person

by helping him overcome, empower or restrict either of the 3 which are

out of proportion.

> So Guru + Chandra = GajaKesri Yoga / Chandra + Mangal = Laxmi

Yoga but also restlessness, and to some extent madness.

> Hope i could convey what i feel.

> Â

> Chiranjiv

>

> --- On Wed, 15/10/08, neelam gupta neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> neelam gupta neelamgupta07

> Re: Planets speak...

>

> Wednesday, 15 October, 2008, 3:16 PM

>

>

> Dear Souvik ji and all,

>

> //If we remember the story of abduction of Tara by Chandra, we see

that Moon

> (thus symbolic of 4H) is not symbolic of the ritualistic Jupiter in

> Sagittarius. //

>

> This is absolutely right. Tara's fascination for Soma arose only from

her

> dissatisfaction with exoteric rituals and religiosity. Jupiter's

religiosity

> leads to disillusionment when mind principle is developed. The

developed

> mind leads us to saturn's domain where the individual suffers the

futility

> of karmas and materialism and is finally prepared to merge with

universal

> principle in Pisces. Thus we have Jupiter's two signs flanking

saturn's

> houses.

>

> Jupiter nourishes both materially and religiously, yet does have the

power

> to give mortality. But at the same time it knows how to harness this

power

> through mind. This is the principle that works in the 4H with moon.

This is

> what explains Tara's going away with moon. In Matsya, Vishnu and

Bhagwad

> Puranas, the story says that the Earth was milked or churned through

> Brihaspati. That also connects with my opening sentence " Nectar of

wisdom is

> churned in the cosmic womb " . It is here that 4H comes into picture

where

> Jupiter exalts.

>

> Jupiter in Sagittarius is still concerned with outer forms. He is the

> preceptor of Gods, and does not possess the inner secret of life for

which

> he sends his son Kacha to Shukracharya. He knows how to get the

Sanjeevni

> though he may not possess it.

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger at

http://in.messenger./?wm=n/

>

Guest guest

Dear Chiranjiv Ji,

If i may ask what do you think/feel

Jup+Venus gives rise to?

What happenn if this combination happens to be in BHADHKA STANA i.e.

11H for Aries Lagna?

Here Jup+Venus has direct aspect on 5H some say it's malific aspect

and other say it's benefic aspect

Appreciate your veiws

Regards

Chandu2Chill

, chiranjiv mehta

<vchiranjiv@> wrote:

Dear Neelamji & Others

Your take ----when mind principle is developed from the below given

mail.I think Jup + Surya gives interest in Vidhi, Vidhan, correct

religious procedures et al.

Jup + Mars gives rise to industrious efforts.

Jup + Saturn gives rise to the wisest council.

What is important in these combi's are that Jupiter add what is

known as VIVEK / Tark. The best traslation with my limited

English is - discretion. And this Vivek in Shiva's own words is the

important ingredient to use, by the Sadhak if he has to get atmagnyan.

As is given in the Bhagvad Gita, " depending on his inherent nature

itself determined by the three Guna's , a person acts

differently to a particular event " Jupiter is the one whichÂ

decides the inherent nature of a person by helping him overcome,

empower or restrict either of the 3 which are out of proportion.

So Guru + Chandra = GajaKesri Yoga / Chandra + Mangal = Laxmi

Yoga but also restlessness, and to some extent madness.

Hope i could convey what i feel.

Â

Chiranjiv

Guest guest

Dear Friend,

For ARIES Lagna , if Jupiter and Venus are together in 11H ,

Venus will give good results , but Dasa of Jupiter will be troublesome.

The reasons are as under:

1 Venus is angular lord with trine lord Jupiter, this removes many

blemishes of Venus

2. Venus though placed in badha house and functional

malefic , but placed in friendly sign.(Venus should not occupy Scorpio Nanamsa,

or interplanetary war with Jupiter or in bad syanadi Avasthas)

3. If Venus is alone in 11H and aspected by Jupiter , Venus dasa will not

yield good results.

Bhavartha Ratnakar gives 22 yogs for Aries Lagna ,which are very informative.

Regards,

G.K.GOEL

Chandu2chill <nanna_id2006 Sent: Thursday, 16 October, 2008 3:48:06 PM Re: Planets speak...

Dear Chiranjiv Ji,If i may ask what do you think/feelJup+Venus gives rise to?What happenn if this combination happens to be in BHADHKA STANA i.e. 11H for Aries Lagna?Here Jup+Venus has direct aspect on 5H some say it's malific aspect and other say it's benefic aspectAppreciate your veiwsRegardsChandu2Chillancient_indian_ astrology, chiranjiv mehta<vchiranjiv@ > wrote:Dear Neelamji & OthersYour take ----when mind principle is developed from the below givenmail.I think Jup + Surya gives interest in Vidhi, Vidhan, correct religious procedures et al.Jup + Mars gives rise to industrious efforts.Jup + Saturn gives rise to the wisest council.What is

important in these combi's are that Jupiter add what isknown as VIVEK / Tark. The best traslation with my limitedEnglish is - discretion. And this Vivek in Shiva's own words is the important ingredient to use, by the Sadhak if he has to get atmagnyan.As is given in the Bhagvad Gita, "depending on his inherent nature itself determined by the three Guna's , a person actsdifferently to a particular event " Jupiter is the one which decides the inherent nature of a person by helping him overcome, empower or restrict either of the 3 which are out of proportion.So Guru + Chandra = GajaKesri Yoga / Chandra + Mangal = LaxmiYoga but also restlessness, and to some extent madness.Hope i could convey what i feel.ÂChiranjiv

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

Dear Chanduchill ji,Let us see what Jup+Venus may give?The classics would say: The person is very learned, blessed with a virtuous spouse, wealthy, religious, virtuous, earns by the use of learning. Saravali says, one, who has Jupiter and Venus together at birth will live by education and arguments, will follow a highly virtuous path, will have accurate conception, or notion (of things) and will have a supreme wife. (Saravali)

But the way we could judge the combination is thus:Jup and venus are both benefics and can never brutally harm a native.Venus is neutral to Jupiter but Jupiter is inimical to venus. In conjunction they become inimical.

Venus is 2L/7L and Jupiter is 9L/12LVenus is spouse and partnerships and Jupiter is wisdom and prosperityWe get 4 combinations:2L+9L: good for financial gains, luck, family, knowledge of shastras, traditional and good speech,etc

2L+12L: weak results of this combination, unless houses are strong by placement of planets, as both are neutral houses7L+9L: Kendra-kona rajyog, strong results of this combination as both MT signs, virtuous and religious spouse, higher knowledge and perception, etc.

7L+12L: Not good for wife, can cause aloofness in her, or lives away from wife. So ultimately a good wife, who might like to seek inner wisdom and become indifferent to husband.The finer results will come from the lordships of venus and Jupiter in the chart and other placements.

//What happenn if this combination happens to be in BHADHKA STANA i.e.

11H for Aries Lagna?Here Jup+Venus has direct aspect on 5H some say it's malefic aspect and other say it's benefic aspect//For aries lagna, Jupiter + venus fall in 11H aquarius of saturn.This would give a large circle of friends, social circle, gains, good fortune, knowledge, good spouse, could be multiple relationships/marriage, etc.

As Badhaksthan, 11H will throw up challenges for the lagna.Challenges with social circle caused by over dynamic or pushy nature.11H in aquarius with Ju+ve will push the native towards good deeds, like philanthropy. There would be challenges in this also, which native should overcome. The challenges could be:

Sickness, as 11H is 6th from 6H and is indicator of disease. As badhak house, this can bring difficulties in life. Venus is double marak and Jupiter is also 12L.11H is also 7H for children, and Jup-ven are aspecting the 5H. This can bring difficulties from children. Like philanthropy later in life not liked by children.

Losses can come from speculation as venus is 2L and Jup is 12L.One can add many such issues, but it will also get moderated by the placement mars the LL and sat, the 11L. Jup-ven dasha also is challenging.

Hope it would help.RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji and group,//Chandra + Mangal also produces a " aamdani (Income) through society women " Yoga.

Chandra Mangal Yoga is a dhan yoga and would also thus indicate how a person would make this dhan. So this query makes sense. This is a combination for good earnings and accumulation of wealth, although the means to achieve these ends may not necessarily be legitimate, or be appealing to the base-needs of men, unless this configuration achieves an aspect from Guru.

It is said in the classics that the native with this combination deals with drinks, earthen jars, crude instruments and women. There is disobedience to the mother. Another text says that the person is wealthy, brave, winner of combat, dealer of women, wines and earthenware, adept in metal craft, suffering from blood disorders, hostile to mother.

If there is no aspect of Guru, the combination probably indicates 'earning through society women', whatever it means.We could add some conditions when it could manifest:First is of course no benefic aspect on the conjunction.

The conjunction has association or aspect of a debilitated/weak/inimical venus from 2H/11H. It can happen when ma-mo are in 5H or 8H, both houses of unearned income with blemish.This combination is in 7H when mars aspects 2H, both are natural houses of venus, and if venus is afflicted, it could be seen.

But in practice, with my little exposure, I have yet to see it in any form. RegardsNeelam