IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

who knows God?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Friends,The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill pages and pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near the truth. God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the driving force… the truth… give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to see what an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All have a knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes from outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain the knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of God; that has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by knowing – knowing oneself.

This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no explanation and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In trying to explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is always known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial knowledge.

A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority on all the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on the subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it, are two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who knows swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is that I jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If you insist on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible to speak about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion can there be in the matter of swimming?"

So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is a great number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but where are those who "know" God?RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Thanks for the best Post in these days.

I enjoyed reading and re-reading it . I cannot claim to Know God, with many inconsistencies in my system un- cleared uptil now, which need cleansing in time to come, but can feel Him and His presence in compassion and Love whenever it comes out from within the heart . And i feel Him many times when I am alone, or miss somebody or remember a person , listen to a beautiful song, or when the natures presents a lovely scenic panaroma to view, or the sounds of the birds . I feel Him a hundreds of times in a week, even when a good breeze blows through My face I feel Him ( This may sound funny ). I feel Him when the TV set is off, the fan is off, the AC is off, and there is no sound in the room but silence. I feel Him even in Silence. This cannot be explained but just felt.

Best wishes, for a good reading given to us,

Bhaskar.

, "neelam gupta" <neelamgupta07 wrote:>> Dear Friends,> > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill pages and> pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near the> truth.> > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the driving force… the truth…> give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to see what> an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All have a> knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes from> outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain the> knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of God; that> has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and> knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> knowing – knowing oneself.> > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no explanation> and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In trying to> explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is always> known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial knowledge.> > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority on all> the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on the> subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his> qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it, are> two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who knows> swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is that I> jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If you insist> on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible to speak> about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion can there> be in the matter of swimming?"> > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is a great> number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but where are> those who "know" God?> > Regards> Neelam>

Guest guest

dear friends

there are two beliefs viz. those who believe god exists elsewhere and

those who believe god is within. both are right in their own ways

but truth is known only to those who sees the god. for those who

have seen the god or know the truth or reality, nothing else is

required. many realised souls like adisankara and buddha preached

the soul as god.

here is what puranas say. the vital air lends consciousness to

creatures. the notion prevailing in the world that some external

power promotes the work is wrong. one shall know the essence of

purusha and prakriti.

this is the reason why the word " realisation of god " is used when

gurus advise one to go inwards. no one expalins searching of god or

seeing of god or knowing of god. realising god means knowing the god

who is already present but one is not aware of.

when one does antaryatra, the native realises that the lifeforce

within is nothing but god. when we say the omnipresent, all

pervading, all permeating god dwells in all sentient beings, it is

the lifeforce or atma or soul which has no shape and is nirakar. the

same atma lies in all creatures including humans. when chandala

enlightens adisankara in kasi about the same atma (god) existing in

both, adisankara bows to the shiva in the chandala. similarly, same

god dwells in all humans including kings and bandits, holy pontiffs

and terrorists.

positive and negative are the two ways of extracting energy and like

the same power (nirakar) works in all utilities notwithstanding these

utilities used for positive or negative purpose.

in a manufacturing unit, one finds procurement or purchase department

which gets materials or ingredients and then the production

department creates a product, the logicstics department ensures its

transportation to user locations, sales and marketing ensures its

saleability, finance reporting sales and sharing profits etc.

similary the creator, preserver and destroyer are the three areas or

functions of the whole mechanism and all are equally important. it

is irony that creator (brahma) is least worshipped and the destroyer

(shiva) is more worshipped. it is wrong to assume that the creater

writes the entire future on the forehead at the time of birth. as

far as modern day creation is concerned, australia announced 500

dollars to each newborn to promote more births whereas china imposes

fines and punishments for giving birth to more than one child. one

religion makes it mandatory to allow n number of births without any

control whereas others follow restrictions after one or two or three

births wilfully. some couples dont get any child at all and they

resort to cloning and having surrogates. a person doing a job or

doing a business and earning feeds and preserves his dependants.

similarly a thief, bandit and a dacoit too feeds and preserves his

dependents. while most people get death naturally due to aging or

diseases, some impose death on themselves by committing suicide

whereas some terrorists impose death on others by their choice of

attacks.

according to smritis, a king is equated to god since he has the power

to grant death or clemency at his will. even today a king can fix

the time of hanging or cancel death sentence. here the death is not

written in the charts or dictated by the planets but is ordered by

the king. similary a person after getting death sentence or is

undergoing a life imprisonment gets clemency and gets freed by the

king. in such circumstances, propitiating the king and seeking his

blessings are matter of life and death for the native. it is with

the same notion that natives mollify planets and worshipg gods to get

boons and blessings.

an adage goes yatha raja, tatha praja which is why some countries are

rich and give loans to all others and some countries are poor and

live and survive only on loans.

when the seed is formed during eclipse, the child is born with cut

nose and lips. here the fault lies with the parents for which the

child is suffering. when the parents have aids or other contagious

diseases, the child too inherits. if the mother is weak and could

not feed with milk, the child too becomes fragile and weak. here the

child is suffering because of the mother. some children wish to go

to school and study but their father force them to work in mechanic

shops and roadside restaurants as chotu or helper. here the child is

suffering because of father. one person having conjunctivitis can

pass it to all those who come in his contact. here others are

suffering because of him. similarly viral and contagious diseases

come from others.

freewill can be exercised by all humans alike but less than one

percent of the population exercises it. there are stories of various

people born in poverty becoming great personalities by their own

freewill. adisankara exercised his freewill at tender age to

renounce and become a saint even when his parents disagreed.

there is nothing like destiny or fate. if you stay inside a room and

lock yourself and say that if do vakt ka roti is written in your

fate, it will come searching for you, it never comes and you starve

inside. if after completion of studies one sits idle at home and say

that if a job is written in his destiny, it comes on its own, he

remains unemployed. a person doing a job believing in destiny says

that a promotion may happen as per destiny or fate, then like in

government it may come after 10 or 15 years of working in same

position whereas there are instances of those who are proactive and

do value addition getting a promotion a year.

there are many pull and push drivers of any native's future (besides

astrology) and the natives have to weigh all options to have things

going his way.

with best wishes and blessings

pandit arjun

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Friends,

>

> The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill

pages and

> pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near

the

> truth.

>

> God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the driving force…

the truth…

> give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to

see what

> an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All have a

> knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes

from

> outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain

the

> knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the " knowing " of

God; that

> has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and

> knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes

only by

> knowing – knowing oneself.

>

> This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no

explanation

> and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In

trying to

> explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is

always

> known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial

knowledge.

>

> A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an

authority on all

> the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture

on the

> subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his

> qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about

it, are

> two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who

knows

> swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: " All I know is

that I

> jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If

you insist

> on him larifying his statement, one will say: " How is it possible

to speak

> about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion

can there

> be in the matter of swimming? "

>

> So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There

is a great

> number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but

where are

> those who " know " God?

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,

Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I have heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about god, they should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.

It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are convinced.

What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the concept of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no labels. It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not a monopoly of anybody.

If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity, Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to her child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels. This is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential is seeing the Truth and understanding it.

"Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by knowing – knowing oneself."

That was beautiful.

If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it......... and what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him naturally.

blessings

Renu

, "neelam gupta" <neelamgupta07 wrote:>> Dear Friends,> > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill pages and> pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near the> truth.> > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the driving force… the truth…> give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to see what> an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All have a> knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes from> outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain the> knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of God; that> has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and> knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> knowing – knowing oneself.> > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no explanation> and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In trying to> explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is always> known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial knowledge.> > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority on all> the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on the> subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his> qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it, are> two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who knows> swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is that I> jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If you insist> on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible to speak> about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion can there> be in the matter of swimming?"> > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is a great> number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but where are> those who "know" God?> > Regards> Neelam>

Guest guest

Dear Renuji,

Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced impositions. i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish you take the same view.

// If people talk so much about god, they should have some idea of the same //

Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc.

// It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are convinced. //

Then how are you convinced that he is your father who has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe ? And not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many matters are to be believed because the elders

say it. they kNOW so we have to believe.

There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness ? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these millions who say i love you, do you read when one partner dies , the other has also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of so many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so what

happened to their love then ?

Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot showcase them.

Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he is not there ?

How can I say that I have not visited the Naigara falls so it is not there ? Many others have been there, and we have to believe them . Is it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt bulbs. And God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be thrown in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ?

So even You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You follow a religion where they say God does not exist then

no amount of explaining would be enough.

// What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no labels. > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not> a monopoly of anybody. //

Perfectly said. I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> > Dear Neelam ji,> > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I have> heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about god, they> should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to> this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.> > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of> believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -> seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question of> belief disappears. Then you are convinced.> > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the concept> of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no labels.> It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not> a monopoly of anybody.> > If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity,> Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to her> child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels. This> is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not> necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential is> seeing the Truth and understanding it.> > "Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> knowing – knowing oneself."> > That was beautiful.> > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it......... and> what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him> naturally.> > blessings> > Renu> > > > > > > > > , "neelam gupta"> neelamgupta07@ wrote:> >> > Dear Friends,> >> > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill pages> and> > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near> the> > truth.> >> > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the driving> force… the truth…> > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to see> what> > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All have> a> > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes> from> > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain the> > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of God;> that> > has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and> > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only> by> > knowing – knowing oneself.> >> > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no> explanation> > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In trying> to> > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is> always> > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial> knowledge.> >> > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority> on all> > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on> the> > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his> > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it,> are> > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who knows> > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is> that I> > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If> you insist> > on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible to> speak> > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion can> there> > be in the matter of swimming?"> >> > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is a> great> > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but> where are> > those who "know" God?> >> > Regards> > Neelam> >>

Guest guest

Dear All,

Sankhya Sutra says that God cannot be proved. So Sankhya does not talk about God

and for the same reason Lord Buddha also did not talk about God. However he did

believe in a cause.

Thus Sankhya and Buddhism are both Godless but not atheistic. According to the

Svetasvatara upanishad only the most advanced students of Sankhya are taught

about Brahman. For the higher students Lord Buddha also talked about Bodhakaya.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

--- On Tue, 7/29/08, Bhaskar <rajiventerprises wrote:

Bhaskar <rajiventerprises

Re: who knows God?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10:37 AM

Dear Renuji,

Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and nothing

personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced impositions. i am just

enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish you take the same

view.

// If people talk so much about god, they should have some idea of the same //

Yes we have idea of the same.  We know God is there. I have felt felt his

Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc.

// It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The

question of belief arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the

word. The moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are

convinced. //

Then how are you convinced that he is your father who has given birth to you ?

Did You see ............ ......to believe ? And not you, for that matter none of

us have seen it to believe it. many matters are to be believed because the

elders

say it. they kNOW so we have to believe.

There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love. Have you

seen Love ?  Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness ? Is it a

tangible substance to see ? Of these millions who say i love you, do you read

when one  partner dies , the other has also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we

read in the newspapers of so many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so

what

happened to their love then ?

Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot showcase them.

Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have

be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have

not met the Prime Minister, he is not there ?

How can I say that I have not visited the Naigara falls so it is not there ?

Many others have been there, and we have to believe them .  Is it not ? We are

ordinary 5 watt bulbs. And God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a

100watt power be thrown in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ?

So even You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time

you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him.  But if

You follow a religion where they say God does not exist then

no amount of explaining would be enough.

// What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the concept > of

'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no labels. > It is

neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not

> a monopoly of anybody. //

Perfectly said.  I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro Mercury, so do

not feel otherwise.  just enjoying the discussion.

regards,

Bhaskar.

ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw " <renunw wrote:

>

>

> Dear Neelam ji,

>

> Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I have

> heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about god, they

> should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to

> this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.

>

> It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of

> believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -

> seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question of

> belief disappears. Then you are convinced.

>

> What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the concept

> of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no labels.

> It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not

> a monopoly of anybody.

>

> If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity,

> Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to her

> child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels. This

> is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not

> necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential is

> seeing the Truth and understanding it.

>

> " Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by

> knowing – knowing oneself. "

>

> That was beautiful.

>

> If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it......... and

> what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him

> naturally.

>

> blessings

>

> Renu

>

>

ancient_indian_ astrology, " neelam gupta "

> neelamgupta07@ wrote:

> >

> > Dear Friends,

> >

> > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill pages

> and

> > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near

> the

> > truth.

> >

> > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the driving

> force… the truth…

> > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to see

> what

> > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All have

> a

> > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes

> from

> > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain the

> > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the " knowing " of God;

> that

> > has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and

> > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only

> by

> > knowing – knowing oneself.

> >

> > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no

> explanation

> > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In trying

> to

> > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is

> always

> > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial

> knowledge.

> >

> > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority

> on all

> > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on

> the

> > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his

> > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it,

> are

> > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who knows

> > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: " All I know is

> that I

> > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If

> you insist

> > on him larifying his statement, one will say: " How is it possible to

> speak

> > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion can

> there

> > be in the matter of swimming? "

> >

> > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is a

> great

> > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but

> where are

> > those who " know " God?

> >

> > Regards

> > Neelam

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,

No hard feelings...I do enjoy this as I consider it as a process of learning. If not by questioning, how are we to learn?

'Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc. "

Well, what can I say? If I ask you to show God to me...I know it would be a foolish request. Just tell me ...is he a person...a being...a feeling or all what Sreenadh ji has said...or is it useless trying to explain to me? If God is omnipresent...why does he act deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocent...do I need to go to details? [see ...here I assume that god is some supreme being...I may be wrong. These are the conepts of god that is embedded in my mind...or in the minds of majority of us..Buddhists].

"Then how are you convinced that he is your father who has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe ? And not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we have to believe"

Now you are trying to put me into trouble :) Well if I have doubts...surely ..I can go for a DNA test. But it is my mother's word that I trust. If she could carry me 9 months in her womb and enjoy every moment of it [ah...how would men know this feeling ...], if she could make me immune to diseases by just a drop of her pure white milk, if she could nurture me with love and kindness, if she could spend sleepless nights just to make sure that I was safe and sound asleep, if she could stare at me for hours just to get a smile from me, if she could forego a meal to make my tummy filled etc. etc. why would I not trust her word? It was through a tangible physical act that I was conceived. If I consider my mother to be god, why would I not trust her word?

But if I became a Buddhist just because my parents are Buddhists..that would be not the right thing to do. Buddha is 'ehi passiko'...come and see and not come and believe.

"There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness ?"

Love is mostly felt..but of course it could be seen in facial expressions. It could be felt in every touch of your lover/wife/husband/child. So is hatred. It can be seen in one's eyes. So is unhappiness. Why do we have tears? Why do people become moody? So is anger....

"Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot showcase them.

Sure. But feeling and experience is gained through consciousness. Consciousness is related to one of the sense organs in ourselves and also to an external object. When one of these 3 is missing, there is nothing. These are all conditional things. One depends on the others.

"Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he is not there ?"

Yes....I agree. But todays world is so advanced...we have media. Also these prospective PM's would visit even slums to get their vote before the elections. Niagara Falls a tangible thing.

"So even You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You follow a religion where they say God does not exist then no amount of explaining would be enough. "

If I am to become worthy enough to meet god, I should be worthy enough for my fellow human beings first. It is not that Buddhism say that god does not exist. Gods are there. But not a creator. We even invoke blessings on gods after a meritorious deed. Gods will protect those who live according to dhamma. No need to ask for special favours. Also Buddha taught only what is essential to attain 'nirvana'. In short the 4 Noble Truths. To achieve nirvana or to realize the Truth...the existence or non existence of God is irrelevant.

"I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro Mercury""

It doesn't seem to be so:) Otherwise I would not be tempted to reply.

Just one thing more....though paths are different...I am convinced that we are searching the same 'Truth'.

blessings

Renu

, "Bhaskar" <rajiventerprises wrote:>> > Dear Renuji,> Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and> nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced impositions.> i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish> you take the same view. // If people talk so much about god, they> should have some idea of the same // Yes we have idea of the same. We> know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace, seen> Him manifesting through people etc. // It is always a question of> knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of belief> arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the word. The> moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are> convinced. // Then how are you convinced that he is your father who> has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe ? And> not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many> matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we> have to believe. There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their> partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have you> seen unhappiness ? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these millions> who say i love you, do you read when one partner dies , the other has> also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of so> many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so what happened to> their love then ? Certain matters are to be felt, known and> experienced. One cannot showcase them. Can a ordinary man meet the Prime> Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to meet> the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met the> Prime Minister, he is not there ? How can I say that I have not visited> the Naigara falls so it is not there ? Many others have been there, and> we have to believe them . Is it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt bulbs. And> God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be thrown> in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ? So even You can meet God if> you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not become> worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You follow a> religion where they say God does not exist then no amount of explaining> would be enough. // What I wanted to point out is whatever the> meaning given to the concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this> world. This Truth need no labels. > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu,> Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not> > a monopoly of anybody. //> Perfectly said. I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.> regards, Bhaskar.> > > > > > , "renunw" renunw@> wrote:> >> >> > Dear Neelam ji,> >> > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I have> > heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about god,> they> > should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to> > this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.> >> > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of> > believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -> > seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question of> > belief disappears. Then you are convinced.> >> > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the> concept> > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no labels.> > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is> not> > a monopoly of anybody.> >> > If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity,> > Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to> her> > child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels.> This> > is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not> > necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential> is> > seeing the Truth and understanding it.> >> > "Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> > knowing – knowing oneself."> >> > That was beautiful.> >> > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it......... and> > what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him> > naturally.> >> > blessings> >> > Renu> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > , "neelam gupta"> > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Friends,> > >> > > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill> pages> > and> > > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near> > the> > > truth.> > >> > > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the> driving> > force… the truth…> > > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to> see> > what> > > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All> have> > a> > > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes> > from> > > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain> the> > > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of> God;> > that> > > has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and> > > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes> only> > by> > > knowing – knowing oneself.> > >> > > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no> > explanation> > > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In> trying> > to> > > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is> > always> > > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial> > knowledge.> > >> > > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority> > on all> > > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture> on> > the> > > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his> > > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about> it,> > are> > > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who> knows> > > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is> > that I> > > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If> > you insist> > > on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible to> > speak> > > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion> can> > there> > > be in the matter of swimming?"> > >> > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is> a> > great> > > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but> > where are> > > those who "know" God?> > >> > > Regards> > > Neelam> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,

Arguments apart...I know miracles occurr:) I believe that miraculous

escapes are acts of god....but why? Becuase he/she deserves to be

saved. Why? Because he/she lives a dharmic/spiritual life.

blessings

Renu

, " Bhaskar "

<rajiventerprises wrote:

>

>

> Dear Renuji,

> Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing

and

> nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced

impositions.

> i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also

wish

> you take the same view. // If people talk so much about god, they

> should have some idea of the same // Yes we have idea of the

same. We

> know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace,

seen

> Him manifesting through people etc. // It is always a question

of

> knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of

belief

> arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the

word. The

> moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are

> convinced. // Then how are you convinced that he is your father

who

> has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to

believe ? And

> not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it.

many

> matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so

we

> have to believe. There are millions who say " I Love You ' to

their

> partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy.

Have you

> seen unhappiness ? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these

millions

> who say i love you, do you read when one partner dies , the other

has

> also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of

so

> many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so what happened to

> their love then ? Certain matters are to be felt, known and

> experienced. One cannot showcase them. Can a ordinary man meet the

Prime

> Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to

meet

> the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met the

> Prime Minister, he is not there ? How can I say that I have not

visited

> the Naigara falls so it is not there ? Many others have been

there, and

> we have to believe them . Is it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt

bulbs. And

> God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be

thrown

> in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ? So even You can meet God

if

> you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not

become

> worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You

follow a

> religion where they say God does not exist then no amount of

explaining

> would be enough. // What I wanted to point out is whatever the

> meaning given to the concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this

> world. This Truth need no labels. > It is neither, Budddhist,

Hindu,

> Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not

> > a monopoly of anybody. //

> Perfectly said. I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro

> Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.

> regards, Bhaskar.

>

>

>

>

>

> , " renunw " <renunw@>

> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Neelam ji,

> >

> > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I

have

> > heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about

god,

> they

> > should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant

as to

> > this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.

> >

> > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of

> > believing. The question of belief arises when there is no

seeing -

> > seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the

question of

> > belief disappears. Then you are convinced.

> >

> > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the

> concept

> > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no

labels.

> > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam.

It is

> not

> > a monopoly of anybody.

> >

> > If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian

charity,

> > Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother

to

> her

> > child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious

labels.

> This

> > is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is

not

> > necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is

essential

> is

> > seeing the Truth and understanding it.

> >

> > " Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by

> > knowing – knowing oneself. "

> >

> > That was beautiful.

> >

> > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids

it......... and

> > what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to

him

> > naturally.

> >

> > blessings

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > , " neelam gupta "

> > neelamgupta07@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Friends,

> > >

> > > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can

fill

> pages

> > and

> > > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere

near

> > the

> > > truth.

> > >

> > > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the

> driving

> > force… the truth…

> > > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men

trying to

> see

> > what

> > > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All

> have

> > a

> > > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always

comes

> > from

> > > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can

obtain

> the

> > > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the " knowing "

of

> God;

> > that

> > > has to come from within. There is a difference between

knowledge and

> > > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom

comes

> only

> > by

> > > knowing – knowing oneself.

> > >

> > > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no

> > explanation

> > > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In

> trying

> > to

> > > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is

known, is

> > always

> > > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be

superficial

> > knowledge.

> > >

> > > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an

authority

> > on all

> > > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to

lecture

> on

> > the

> > > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his

> > > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know

about

> it,

> > are

> > > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one

who

> knows

> > > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: " All I

know is

> > that I

> > > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump.

If

> > you insist

> > > on him larifying his statement, one will say: " How is it

possible to

> > speak

> > > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What

discussion

> can

> > there

> > > be in the matter of swimming? "

> > >

> > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God.

There is

> a

> > great

> > > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God,

but

> > where are

> > > those who " know " God?

> > >

> > > Regards

> > > Neelam

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sunilji,

I do not know about Buddhism, but Sankhya does talk about reaching the

Kaivalya pada, which is nothing but merging with the Formless God. All

the sutras of Patanjali Yoga are directed to the process of achieving

this aim.

rgrds/Bhaskar.

, Sunil Bhattacharjya

<sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:

>

> Dear All,

>

> Sankhya Sutra says that God cannot be proved. So Sankhya does not talk

about God and for the same reason Lord Buddha also did not talk about

God. However he did believe in a cause.

>

> Thus Sankhya and Buddhism are both Godless but not atheistic.

According to the Svetasvatara upanishad only the most advanced students

of Sankhya are taught about Brahman. For the higher students Lord Buddha

also talked about Bodhakaya.

>

> Regards,

>

> Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

>

> --- On Tue, 7/29/08, Bhaskar rajiventerprises wrote:

> Bhaskar rajiventerprises

> Re: who knows God?

>

> Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10:37 AM

>

> Dear Renuji,

> Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and

nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced impositions.

i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish

you take the same view.

>

> // If people talk so much about god, they should have some idea of the

same //

>

> Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt felt

his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc.

>

> // It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of

believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -

seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question of

belief disappears. Then you are convinced. //

>

> Then how are you convinced that he is your father who has given birth

to you ? Did You see ............ ......to believe ? And not you, for

that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many matters are to

be believed because the elders

> say it. they kNOW so we have to believe.

>

> There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love.

Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness

? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these millions who say i love

you, do you read when one partner dies , the other has also jumped in

the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of so many partners

dying when their loved one dies ? so what

> happened to their love then ?

>

> Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot

showcase them.

> Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever he wishes ? Does

he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister ? How can we say

that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he is not there ?

> How can I say that I have not visited the Naigara falls so it is not

there ? Many others have been there, and we have to believe them . Is

it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt bulbs. And God may be said to be a

100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be thrown in a 5 watt bulb ?

Would it not burst ?

>

> So even You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till

the time you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and

experience Him. But if You follow a religion where they say God does

not exist then

> no amount of explaining would be enough.

>

> // What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the

concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no

labels. > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam.

It is not

Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.

> regards,

> Bhaskar.

>

>

>

>

> ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw " renunw@

wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Neelam ji,

> >

> > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I

have

> > heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about god,

they

> > should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to

> > this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.

> >

> > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of

> > believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -

> > seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question

of

> > belief disappears. Then you are convinced.

> >

> > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the

concept

> > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no

labels.

> > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is

not

> > a monopoly of anybody.

> >

> > If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity,

> > Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to

her

> > child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels.

This

> > is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not

> > necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential

is

> > seeing the Truth and understanding it.

> >

> > " Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by

> > knowing – knowing oneself. "

> >

> > That was beautiful.

> >

> > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it.........

and

> > what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him

> > naturally.

> >

> > blessings

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ancient_indian_ astrology, " neelam gupta "

> > neelamgupta07@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Friends,

> > >

> > > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill

pages

> > and

> > > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere

near

> > the

> > > truth.

> > >

> > > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the

driving

> > force… the truth…

> > > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to

see

> > what

> > > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All

have

> > a

> > > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes

> > from

> > > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain

the

> > > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the " knowing " of

God;

> > that

> > > has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge

and

> > > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes

only

> > by

> > > knowing – knowing oneself.

> > >

> > > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no

> > explanation

> > > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In

trying

> > to

> > > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known,

is

> > always

> > > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial

> > knowledge.

> > >

> > > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an

authority

> > on all

> > > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture

on

> > the

> > > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever

his

> > > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about

it,

> > are

> > > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who

knows

> > > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: " All I know is

> > that I

> > > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump.

If

> > you insist

> > > on him larifying his statement, one will say: " How is it possible

to

> > speak

> > > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion

can

> > there

> > > be in the matter of swimming? "

> > >

> > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There

is a

> > great

> > > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but

> > where are

> > > those who " know " God?

> > >

> > > Regards

> > > Neelam

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskarji,

Yes, the formless God is the Brahman that the Svetasvatara Upanishad is

referring to while talking about the teachings given to the most advanced

students of Sankhya.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

On Tue, 7/29/08, Bhaskar <rajiventerprises wrote:

Bhaskar <rajiventerprises

Re: who knows God?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 12:09 PM

Dear Sunilji,

I do not know about Buddhism, but Sankhya does talk about reaching the

Kaivalya pada, which is nothing but merging with the Formless God. All

the sutras of Patanjali Yoga are directed to the process of achieving

this aim.

rgrds/Bhaskar.

ancient_indian_ astrology, Sunil Bhattacharjya

<sunil_bhattacharjy a wrote:

>

> Dear All,

>

> Sankhya Sutra says that God cannot be proved. So Sankhya does not talk

about God and for the same reason Lord Buddha also did not talk about

God. However he did believe in a cause.

>

> Thus Sankhya and Buddhism are both Godless but not atheistic.

According to the Svetasvatara upanishad only the most advanced students

of Sankhya are taught about Brahman. For the higher students Lord Buddha

also talked about Bodhakaya.

>

> Regards,

>

> Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

>

> --- On Tue, 7/29/08, Bhaskar rajiventerprises@ ... wrote:

> Bhaskar rajiventerprises@ ...

> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: who knows God?

> ancient_indian_ astrology

> Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10:37 AM

>

> Dear Renuji,

> Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and

nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced impositions.

i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish

you take the same view.

>

> // If people talk so much about god, they should have some idea of the

same //

>

> Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt felt

his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc.

>

> // It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of

believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -

seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question of

belief disappears. Then you are convinced. //

>

> Then how are you convinced that he is your father who has given birth

to you ? Did You see ............ ......to believe ? And not you, for

that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many matters are to

be believed because the elders

> say it. they kNOW so we have to believe.

>

> There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love.

Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness

? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these millions who say i love

you, do you read when one partner dies , the other has also jumped in

the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of so many partners

dying when their loved one dies ? so what

> happened to their love then ?

>

> Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot

showcase them.

> Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever he wishes ? Does

he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister ? How can we say

that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he is not there ?

> How can I say that I have not visited the Naigara falls so it is not

there ? Many others have been there, and we have to believe them . Is

it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt bulbs. And God may be said to be a

100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be thrown in a 5 watt bulb ?

Would it not burst ?

>

> So even You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till

the time you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and

experience Him. But if You follow a religion where they say God does

not exist then

> no amount of explaining would be enough.

>

> // What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the

concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no

labels. > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam.

It is not

Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.

> regards,

> Bhaskar.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Renuji,

I will show You God but first You do this-

1) Show me where he is acting deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocent.

2) Prove me that they are innocent, who are crying.

3 ) Give me the reasons why some children are born healthy and the others crippled, or blind or whatever.

4) Why some live a long Life while some children die early at age 5 or 10.

5) Why dont we fall of from the Earth or why does the Earth itself not fall off from space. if it is gravitational theory then can they repeat this revolution and rotation in a scientific Labarotary with few balls as planets ? If it is Big Bang theory then why are the planets rotating at the same speed and not slowing down ? Try to create a big bang again and see whether the pieces are round in looks and whether they keep on revolving for lakhs of year in the manner Our Planets in the Solar system are revolving. Please explaion this who is keeping this perfect alignment in place.

6) Why are you not able to repeat Lord Ganesha drinking milk today ?

7) I also wish to know why do people worship Buddha statues ? is he there ? If he is there then I would like to see him. Show me the Buddha You worship, and I promise i will show you God. You do the above, then I will show you God.

You may leave the queries of Question 5, and answer the rest, and still I will surely show God to you.

The problem is that what the Buddhism of yesteryears was, is no more today. I am sure it has become corrupted down the ages. I do not think Buddha did not worship God. This is all nonsense. All great Saints and Mahapurusha, accept a superior divinity pervading.

If Buddha is there, then God too is there. I would like to see Buddha first from those worshippers of Buddha, before they ask me to show God to them. I would also like to know why is he deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocents.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > No hard feelings...I do enjoy this as I consider it as a process of> learning. If not by questioning, how are we to learn?> 'Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt felt> his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc. "> Well, what can I say? If I ask you to show God to me...I know it would> be a foolish request. Just tell me ...is he a person...a being...a> feeling or all what Sreenadh ji has said...or is it useless trying to> explain to me? If God is omnipresent...why does he act deaf and dumb to> the cries of the innocent...do I need to go to details? [see ...here I> assume that god is some supreme being...I may be wrong. These are the> conepts of god that is embedded in my mind...or in the minds of majority> of us..Buddhists]. "Then how are you convinced that he is your father> who has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe ?> And not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many> matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we> have to believe" Now you are trying to put me into trouble :) Well if> I have doubts...surely ..I can go for a DNA test. But it is my mother's> word that I trust. If she could carry me 9 months in her womb and enjoy> every moment of it [ah...how would men know this feeling ...], if she> could make me immune to diseases by just a drop of her pure white milk,> if she could nurture me with love and kindness, if she could spend> sleepless nights just to make sure that I was safe and sound asleep, if> she could stare at me for hours just to get a smile from me, if she> could forego a meal to make my tummy filled etc. etc. why would I not> trust her word? It was through a tangible physical act that I was> conceived. If I consider my mother to be god, why would I not trust her> word? But if I became a Buddhist just because my parents are> Buddhists..that would be not the right thing to do. Buddha is 'ehi> passiko'...come and see and not come and believe. "There are millions> who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? > Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness ?"> Love is mostly felt..but of course it could be seen in facial> expressions. It could be felt in every touch of your> lover/wife/husband/child. So is hatred. It can be seen in one's eyes. So> is unhappiness. Why do we have tears? Why do people become moody? So is> anger....> "Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot> showcase them. Sure. But feeling and experience is gained through> consciousness. Consciousness is related to one of the sense organs in> ourselves and also to an external object. When one of these 3 is> missing, there is nothing. These are all conditional things. One depends> on the others. "Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever> he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister> ? How can we say that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he is> not there ?" Yes....I agree. But todays world is so advanced...we have> media. Also these prospective PM's would visit even slums to get their> vote before the elections. Niagara Falls a tangible thing. "So even> You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time> you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. > But if You follow a religion where they say God does not exist then no> amount of explaining would be enough. " If I am to become worthy> enough to meet god, I should be worthy enough for my fellow human beings> first. It is not that Buddhism say that god does not exist. Gods are> there. But not a creator. We even invoke blessings on gods after a> meritorious deed. Gods will protect those who live according to dhamma.> No need to ask for special favours. Also Buddha taught only what is> essential to attain 'nirvana'. In short the 4 Noble Truths. To achieve> nirvana or to realize the Truth...the existence or non existence of God> is irrelevant. "I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> Mercury"" It doesn't seem to be so:) Otherwise I would not be tempted> to reply. Just one thing more....though paths are different...I am> convinced that we are searching the same 'Truth'. blessings Renu> , "Bhaskar"> rajiventerprises@ wrote:> >> >> > Dear Renuji,> > Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and> > nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced> impositions.> > i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish> > you take the same view. // If people talk so much about god, they> > should have some idea of the same // Yes we have idea of the same. We> > know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace, seen> > Him manifesting through people etc. // It is always a question of> > knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of belief> > arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the word.> The> > moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are> > convinced. // Then how are you convinced that he is your father who> > has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe ?> And> > not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many> > matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we> > have to believe. There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their> > partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have> you> > seen unhappiness ? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these> millions> > who say i love you, do you read when one partner dies , the other has> > also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of so> > many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so what happened to> > their love then ? Certain matters are to be felt, known and> > experienced. One cannot showcase them. Can a ordinary man meet the> Prime> > Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to> meet> > the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met the> > Prime Minister, he is not there ? How can I say that I have not> visited> > the Naigara falls so it is not there ? Many others have been there,> and> > we have to believe them . Is it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt bulbs.> And> > God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be> thrown> > in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ? So even You can meet God if> > you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not become> > worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You follow> a> > religion where they say God does not exist then no amount of> explaining> > would be enough. // What I wanted to point out is whatever the> > meaning given to the concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this> > world. This Truth need no labels. > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu,> > Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not> > > a monopoly of anybody. //> > Perfectly said. I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> > Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.> > regards, Bhaskar.> >> >> >> >> >> > , "renunw" renunw@> > wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Neelam ji,> > >> > > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I> have> > > heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about god,> > they> > > should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to> > > this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.> > >> > > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of> > > believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -> > > seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question> of> > > belief disappears. Then you are convinced.> > >> > > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the> > concept> > > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no> labels.> > > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is> > not> > > a monopoly of anybody.> > >> > > If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity,> > > Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to> > her> > > child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels.> > This> > > is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not> > > necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential> > is> > > seeing the Truth and understanding it.> > >> > > "Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> > > knowing – knowing oneself."> > >> > > That was beautiful.> > >> > > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it.........> and> > > what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him> > > naturally.> > >> > > blessings> > >> > > Renu> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "neelam gupta"> > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Friends,> > > >> > > > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill> > pages> > > and> > > > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere> near> > > the> > > > truth.> > > >> > > > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the> > driving> > > force… the truth…> > > > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to> > see> > > what> > > > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All> > have> > > a> > > > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes> > > from> > > > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain> > the> > > > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of> > God;> > > that> > > > has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge> and> > > > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes> > only> > > by> > > > knowing – knowing oneself.> > > >> > > > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no> > > explanation> > > > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In> > trying> > > to> > > > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known,> is> > > always> > > > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial> > > knowledge.> > > >> > > > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an> authority> > > on all> > > > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture> > on> > > the> > > > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever> his> > > > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about> > it,> > > are> > > > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who> > knows> > > > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is> > > that I> > > > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump.> If> > > you insist> > > > on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible> to> > > speak> > > > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion> > can> > > there> > > > be in the matter of swimming?"> > > >> > > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There> is> > a> > > great> > > > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but> > > where are> > > > those who "know" God?> > > >> > > > Regards> > > > Neelam> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji, That was wonderful! I feel like noting down the excellent statements you gave, possibly in an elevated state of mind....! ==>

· What we call knowledge always comes from outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within.

· We can obtain the knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of God; that has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by knowing - knowing oneself.

· Those who, know, need no explanation and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know.

· What is known, is always known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial knowledge.

· A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority on all the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on the subject - but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it, are two entirely different things.

<==

Thanks for the pure consciousness poured in....in to us....Love and regards,Sreenadh , "neelam gupta" <neelamgupta07 wrote:>> Dear Friends,> > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill pages and> pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near the> truth.> > God?the cosmic principle? the eternal energy? the driving force? the truth?> give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to see what> an elephant looks like? all may be right, yet not right. All have a> knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes from> outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain the> knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of God; that> has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and> knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> knowing ? knowing oneself.> > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no explanation> and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In trying to> explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is always> known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial knowledge.> > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority on all> the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on the> subject ? but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his> qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it, are> two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who knows> swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is that I> jump into water and ? I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If you insist> on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible to speak> about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion can there> be in the matter of swimming?"> > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is a great> number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but where are> those who "know" God?> > Regards> Neelam>

Guest guest

// But it is my mother's> word that I trust. If she could carry me 9 months in her womb and enjoy> every moment of it [ah...how would men know this feeling ...], if she> could make me immune to diseases by just a drop of her pure white milk,> if she could nurture me with love and kindness, if she could spend> sleepless nights just to make sure that I was safe and sound asleep, if> she could stare at me for hours just to get a smile from me, if she> could forego a meal to make my tummy filled etc. etc. why would I not> trust her word //

In the same way I believe that God is there, when my gurus tell me so, when my mother taught me so since childhood, when the elders of my family ingrained in me so, and now when I Myself Know this.

What you believe Your mother did for you, I believe God does that for me and for my every family member when they are away from the House, in seperate directions in a city like Bombay which is vulnerable anytime for bomb attacks as experience has shown. And not only this i know he takes cares of me every day every minute whenever I listen to the voice of my conscious, i know He is with me. And When i dont listen to this voice, i know then he moves away from me , for a little while though. We also have to search for His indications and directions throughout the day in many a which way, and gradually one would start understanding His language. One day for sure, We we all would be worthy enough to have Him face to face, like we humans do. Which would of course be at the time of each individual souls Moksha day.

We have to form a relationship with God, to know Him as a Father or Mother.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > No hard feelings...I do enjoy this as I consider it as a process of> learning. If not by questioning, how are we to learn?> 'Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt felt> his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc. "> Well, what can I say? If I ask you to show God to me...I know it would> be a foolish request. Just tell me ...is he a person...a being...a> feeling or all what Sreenadh ji has said...or is it useless trying to> explain to me? If God is omnipresent...why does he act deaf and dumb to> the cries of the innocent...do I need to go to details? [see ...here I> assume that god is some supreme being...I may be wrong. These are the> conepts of god that is embedded in my mind...or in the minds of majority> of us..Buddhists]. "Then how are you convinced that he is your father> who has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe ?> And not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many> matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we> have to believe" Now you are trying to put me into trouble :) Well if> I have doubts...surely ..I can go for a DNA test. But it is my mother's> word that I trust. If she could carry me 9 months in her womb and enjoy> every moment of it [ah...how would men know this feeling ...], if she> could make me immune to diseases by just a drop of her pure white milk,> if she could nurture me with love and kindness, if she could spend> sleepless nights just to make sure that I was safe and sound asleep, if> she could stare at me for hours just to get a smile from me, if she> could forego a meal to make my tummy filled etc. etc. why would I not> trust her word? It was through a tangible physical act that I was> conceived. If I consider my mother to be god, why would I not trust her> word? But if I became a Buddhist just because my parents are> Buddhists..that would be not the right thing to do. Buddha is 'ehi> passiko'...come and see and not come and believe. "There are millions> who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? > Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness ?"> Love is mostly felt..but of course it could be seen in facial> expressions. It could be felt in every touch of your> lover/wife/husband/child. So is hatred. It can be seen in one's eyes. So> is unhappiness. Why do we have tears? Why do people become moody? So is> anger....> "Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot> showcase them. Sure. But feeling and experience is gained through> consciousness. Consciousness is related to one of the sense organs in> ourselves and also to an external object. When one of these 3 is> missing, there is nothing. These are all conditional things. One depends> on the others. "Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever> he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister> ? How can we say that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he is> not there ?" Yes....I agree. But todays world is so advanced...we have> media. Also these prospective PM's would visit even slums to get their> vote before the elections. Niagara Falls a tangible thing. "So even> You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time> you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. > But if You follow a religion where they say God does not exist then no> amount of explaining would be enough. " If I am to become worthy> enough to meet god, I should be worthy enough for my fellow human beings> first. It is not that Buddhism say that god does not exist. Gods are> there. But not a creator. We even invoke blessings on gods after a> meritorious deed. Gods will protect those who live according to dhamma.> No need to ask for special favours. Also Buddha taught only what is> essential to attain 'nirvana'. In short the 4 Noble Truths. To achieve> nirvana or to realize the Truth...the existence or non existence of God> is irrelevant. "I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> Mercury"" It doesn't seem to be so:) Otherwise I would not be tempted> to reply. Just one thing more....though paths are different...I am> convinced that we are searching the same 'Truth'. blessings Renu> , "Bhaskar"> rajiventerprises@ wrote:> >> >> > Dear Renuji,> > Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and> > nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced> impositions.> > i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish> > you take the same view. // If people talk so much about god, they> > should have some idea of the same // Yes we have idea of the same. We> > know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace, seen> > Him manifesting through people etc. // It is always a question of> > knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of belief> > arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the word.> The> > moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are> > convinced. // Then how are you convinced that he is your father who> > has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe ?> And> > not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many> > matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we> > have to believe. There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their> > partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have> you> > seen unhappiness ? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these> millions> > who say i love you, do you read when one partner dies , the other has> > also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of so> > many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so what happened to> > their love then ? Certain matters are to be felt, known and> > experienced. One cannot showcase them. Can a ordinary man meet the> Prime> > Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to> meet> > the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met the> > Prime Minister, he is not there ? How can I say that I have not> visited> > the Naigara falls so it is not there ? Many others have been there,> and> > we have to believe them . Is it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt bulbs.> And> > God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be> thrown> > in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ? So even You can meet God if> > you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not become> > worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You follow> a> > religion where they say God does not exist then no amount of> explaining> > would be enough. // What I wanted to point out is whatever the> > meaning given to the concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this> > world. This Truth need no labels. > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu,> > Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not> > > a monopoly of anybody. //> > Perfectly said. I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> > Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.> > regards, Bhaskar.> >> >> >> >> >> > , "renunw" renunw@> > wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Neelam ji,> > >> > > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I> have> > > heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about god,> > they> > > should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to> > > this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.> > >> > > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of> > > believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -> > > seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question> of> > > belief disappears. Then you are convinced.> > >> > > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the> > concept> > > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no> labels.> > > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is> > not> > > a monopoly of anybody.> > >> > > If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity,> > > Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to> > her> > > child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels.> > This> > > is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not> > > necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential> > is> > > seeing the Truth and understanding it.> > >> > > "Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> > > knowing – knowing oneself."> > >> > > That was beautiful.> > >> > > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it.........> and> > > what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him> > > naturally.> > >> > > blessings> > >> > > Renu> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "neelam gupta"> > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Friends,> > > >> > > > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill> > pages> > > and> > > > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere> near> > > the> > > > truth.> > > >> > > > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the> > driving> > > force… the truth…> > > > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to> > see> > > what> > > > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All> > have> > > a> > > > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes> > > from> > > > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain> > the> > > > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of> > God;> > > that> > > > has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge> and> > > > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes> > only> > > by> > > > knowing – knowing oneself.> > > >> > > > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no> > > explanation> > > > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In> > trying> > > to> > > > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known,> is> > > always> > > > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial> > > knowledge.> > > >> > > > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an> authority> > > on all> > > > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture> > on> > > the> > > > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever> his> > > > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about> > it,> > > are> > > > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who> > knows> > > > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is> > > that I> > > > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump.> If> > > you insist> > > > on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible> to> > > speak> > > > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion> > can> > > there> > > > be in the matter of swimming?"> > > >> > > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There> is> > a> > > great> > > > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but> > > where are> > > > those who "know" God?> > > >> > > > Regards> > > > Neelam> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Jaya ji,==>> When we are born, our mind and brain are not developed yet, so infants> are like Yogis knowing the God better.<== No...!!! There is a BIG difference between conciousness and the lack of it!!! They are just opposite! I cannot explain - but most possibily, it is a big misunderstanding!Love and regards,Sreenadh

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji and others,Thank you for appreciating what I expressed. After reading so many wonderful views and statements on what is God... it was probably my own ignorance that was poured out... nothing much to it really.

RegardsNeelam2008/7/30 Sreenadh <sreesog

Dear Neelam ji, That was wonderful! I feel like noting down the excellent statements you gave, possibly in an elevated state of mind....! ==>

· What we call knowledge always comes from outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within.

· We can obtain the knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the " knowing " of God; that has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by knowing - knowing oneself.

· Those who, know, need no explanation and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know.

· What is known, is always known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial knowledge.

· A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority on all the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on the subject - but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it, are two entirely different things.

<==

Thanks for the pure consciousness poured in....in to us....Love and regards,Sreenadh , " neelam gupta " <neelamgupta07 wrote:

>> Dear Friends,> > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill pages and> pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere near the> truth.>

> God?the cosmic principle? the eternal energy? the driving force? the truth?> give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to see what> an elephant looks like? all may be right, yet not right. All have a

> knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes from> outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain the> knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the " knowing " of God; that

> has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge and> knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> knowing ? knowing oneself.> > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no explanation

> and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In trying to> explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known, is always> known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial knowledge.

> > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an authority on all> the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture on the> subject ? but do not ever push him into water, for whatever his

> qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about it, are> two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who knows> swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: " All I know is that I

> jump into water and ? I swim! You too, will swim if you jump. If you insist> on him larifying his statement, one will say: " How is it possible to speak> about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion can there

> be in the matter of swimming? " > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There is a great> number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but where are

> those who " know " God?> > Regards> Neelam>

Guest guest

Bhaskarji,Namaste,<<< 7) I also wish to know why do people worship Buddha

statues ? is he there ? If he is there then I would like to see him.

Show me the Buddha You worship, and I promise i will show you God. You

do the above, then I will show you God. >>>I am a Hindu and I worship Lord Buddha as an avatar of God. Ramakrishna Paramhamsa also said that there is no doubt that he was an avatara of God. Originally there was no statue Lord but the relics of Lord Buddha was taken away by the devotees after his death. For example, his tooth was taken to the Dantapur or Odantapur (the holy town of Puri in Orissa) and later on it was taken to Sri Lanka. It was much later that the practice of paying respect to Lord Buddha's statue came into vogue. This was probably because Lord Buddha became awakened or attained Buddhahood and he wanted everybody to become Buddha. He was the ideal of the Buddhists. But simply by worshipping his statue one cannot get Buddhahood. That is probably the first step (of some Buddhists) before fully understanding the four Arya satyas and following the eightfold path shown by him. As regards worshipping

Pratima (or image or statue) Lord Krishna told that "Pratima alpa-buddhinaam, Sarvatra samadarshinaam" ie. Worshipping the image is for the beginner of the spiritual journey but one who sees all beings as equal sees God in all beings, in fact in everything..Nobody can see Lord Buddha separately. He is everywhere. He has attained Bodhakaya or from the Hindu standpoint he had the realisation that he is Brahman. In Zen Buddhism the guru tells his disciple that if you see Lord Buddha kill him. This explains all.Regards,Sunil K. Bhattacharjya---

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,

I will try my best with the little knowledge I have to answer you. You MUST keep in mind, though I am a Buddhist by birth, by religion, may be by knowledge too ..I have not SEEN Buddha yet.

) Show me where he is acting deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocent.

I'll mention one or two cases. When a girl is being raped, where is god to protect her? When a malnourished starving child cries for a drop of water, why cannot god create a fountain of pure water? When a woman who tolls day & night to feed her family is beaten by the husband who only knows to use the hard earned money on liquor, why cannot god protect that woman? Buddha cannot do these things as he was a human being and he is no more.

Innocence can have different meanings and a person may be innocent for one thing and guilty of another thing. Of course in the case of a raped victim, I will surely succeed in proving her innocence in a court of law. In the case of a child, yes, who knows not nothing of the evils of this world...is obviously innocent. Why should it be deprived of basic needs, if there is a god? Why would a woman get beaten by a drunkard? If she works in good faith, through sheer love she has for her kids & husband, of what crime is she guilty to get beaten by her husband?

3 ) Give me the reasons why some children are born healthy and the others crippled, or blind or whatever.

Of course...karma is the answer. We Buddhists accept 'karma theory' In Buddhist theory of 'kamma' /karma it has a specific meaning; it means only 'volitional action', not all action. Karma and its effects are two things. Effects are known as the kamma phala or kamma vipaka. Good karma produces good effects and bad karma produces bad effects. The theory of kamma in Buddhism is the thoery of cause and effect, the theory of action and reaction. Ther result is not a punishment/judgement imposed by a Supreme being. One is responsible for one's own action. Now you will say in the above mentioned 2nd case, the vicitms had to suffer because of their past bad kammas. True...that is what exactly Buddhism says. I am asking if god is omnipresent, where is he when these things happen? Why would god let his own creations suffer? OK. One would say that he created them equal. If so how come they act differently? If they were created equally how come they have different minds or different consciousness?

Same answer as above. Those who destroy the lives of other beings may have short lives in another birth.

5) Why dont we fall of from the Earth or why does the Earth itself not fall off from space. if it is gravitational theory then can they repeat this revolution and rotation in a scientific Labarotary with few balls as planets ? If it is Big Bang theory then why are the planets rotating at the same speed and not slowing down ? Try to create a big bang again and see whether the pieces are round in looks and whether they keep on revolving for lakhs of year in the manner Our Planets in the Solar system are revolving. Please explaion this who is keeping this perfect alignment in place.

This is what Buddha explained as Dhamma niyama. That is order of the norm, e.g., the natural phenomena occurring at the advent of a Bodhisatta in his last birth, gravitation, etc. Anyway let me mention here that Buddha wanted his disciples to concetrate on dhamma and not on these metaphysical things. He taught what was essential to attain nirvana/moksha.

Kindly tell me what this is about. I am truly ignorant and would love to know.

7) I also wish to know why do people worship Buddha statues ? is he there ? If he is there then I would like to see him. Show me the Buddha You worship, and I promise i will show you God. You do the above, then I will show you God.

No Buddha is not there. Buddha is not anymore even in a heavenly abode. He was a human being like you and I. He passed away more than 2500 years ago. Hence I cannot show someone who in not anymore anywhere in any form.

Yes, people worship Buddha Statues. Not because they think that Buddha is there. It is in the form of a gesture of respect similar to that we pay to our parents, elders, gurus. A statue of the Buddha with its hands rested gently in its lap and its compassionate smile reminds us to strive to develop peace and love within ourselves. The perfume of incense reminds us of the pervading influence of virtue, the lamp reminds us of light of knowledge and the flowers which soon fade and die, reminds us of impermanence. When we bow, we express our gratitude to the Buddha for what his teachings have given us. This is the nature of Buddhist worship.

The problem is that what the Buddhism of yesteryears was, is no more today.

I agree. The fables, tales may be manipulated, changed, distorted. But Buddha's basic teaching is applicable even today. It is the Truth.

I am sure it has become corrupted down the ages.

May be Buddhism. But not Buddha's teaching of the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold path.

I do not think Buddha did not worship God. This is all nonsense. All great Saints and Mahapurusha, accept a superior divinity pervading.

On the other hand God worshipped Buddha. Gods invited Buddha to be born in the earth. He looked for 5 things to confirm that it was the right time for a Buddha to be born in earth. Time, Country, Place, Caste, and Mother. Well....he chose India! Maha Brhama reminded Prince Siddhartha that it was the right time for renunciation, when he was reluctant to leave his lovely wife Yashodara and newly born son Rahula. When Prince Siddhartha attained Buddhahood, Maha Brahma and other gods were overjoyed and worshipped him and invited him to preach his 1st discourse.

If Buddha is there, then God too is there. I would like to see Buddha first from those worshippers of Buddha, before they ask me to show God to them.

I answered this. I cannot show somebody who is no more. Buddha passed away not to be born ever again. Not even in any heaven. Buddha was not only a human being, he claimed no inspiration from any god or external power either. He attributed all his realization, attainments and achievements to human endeavour and human intelligence. A man and only a man can become a Buddha. Every man has within himself the potentiality of becoming a Buddha, if he wills it and endeavours. Man is his own master, and there is no higher being or power that sits in judgment over his destiny.

I don't demand anyone to show me god. It would not help me to achieve my goals. Only through Buddha's teachings ..will I achieve my goal one day...may be not in this birth...may be in thousand or more births later.

This was Buddha's last words before he passed away. "Yo dhamma passathi, so man passathi" . Meaning, "One who sees dhamma would see me. "

I would also like to know why is he deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocents.

Sorry, I told you he is no more to save anyone. Neither did he save anyone while he was alive. He only showed the path for others to follow. So this question is not contextual or relevant as far as Buddha is concerned. No one else but one is answerable for one's own actions.

Trust me..I respect all religions. After all what matters is how we live :)

blessings

Renu

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,

I understand what you say. You may be a good person whom even

god/gods help/s. I believe you. But can you show this god to anyone

else...I am not coming back to previous mail hence I have explained

to you what my intentions were.

But I could [now she is no more] show my mother to the world at

large. I and others whom she met in her life time could comprehend

her through the 5 senses.

blessings

Renu

Renu

Guest guest

Dear Renuji,

Thank you for the patience in answering all those queries. Our whole discussiopn started because you questioned about the existence of God, and asked Him to be shown. You said that something which we see, that only we can believe.

Do You know that your last reply has the asnwer to all you asked ?

// On the other hand God worshipped Buddha. Gods invited Buddha to be born in the earth. //

So if according to you God worshipped Buddha and you worship Buddha, so God must naturally be there. isnt it ? Being a Buddhist you cannot refute that now, since you yourself said that Buddha worshipped God, in other words God must have been there for Buddha to worship . He must have worshipped a real Being then. Is it not ? Gods invited buddha to be born on earth ? So You have already accepted the existence of god.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar ji,> > I will try my best with the little knowledge I have to answer you. You> MUST keep in mind, though I am a Buddhist by birth, by religion, may be> by knowledge too ..I have not SEEN Buddha yet.> > ) Show me where he is acting deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocent.> > I'll mention one or two cases. When a girl is being raped, where is god> to protect her? When a malnourished starving child cries for a drop of> water, why cannot god create a fountain of pure water? When a woman who> tolls day & night to feed her family is beaten by the husband who only> knows to use the hard earned money on liquor, why cannot god protect> that woman? Buddha cannot do these things as he was a human being and he> is no more.> > 2) Prove me that they are innocent, who are crying.> > Innocence can have different meanings and a person may be innocent for> one thing and guilty of another thing. Of course in the case of a raped> victim, I will surely succeed in proving her innocence in a court of> law. In the case of a child, yes, who knows not nothing of the evils of> this world...is obviously innocent. Why should it be deprived of basic> needs, if there is a god? Why would a woman get beaten by a drunkard? If> she works in good faith, through sheer love she has for her kids & > husband, of what crime is she guilty to get beaten by her husband?> > 3 ) Give me the reasons why some children are born healthy and the> others crippled, or blind or whatever.> > Of course...karma is the answer. We Buddhists accept 'karma theory' In> Buddhist theory of 'kamma' /karma it has a specific meaning; it means> only 'volitional action', not all action. Karma and its effects are two> things. Effects are known as the kamma phala or kamma vipaka. Good> karma produces good effects and bad karma produces bad effects. The> theory of kamma in Buddhism is the thoery of cause and effect, the> theory of action and reaction. Ther result is not a> punishment/judgement imposed by a Supreme being. One is responsible for> one's own action. Now you will say in the above mentioned 2nd case, the> vicitms had to suffer because of their past bad kammas. True...that is> what exactly Buddhism says. I am asking if god is omnipresent, where is> he when these things happen? Why would god let his own creations suffer?> OK. One would say that he created them equal. If so how come they act> differently? If they were created equally how come they have different> minds or different consciousness?> > 4) Why some live a long Life while some children die early at age 5 or> 10.> > Same answer as above. Those who destroy the lives of other beings may> have short lives in another birth.> > 5) Why dont we fall of from the Earth or why does the Earth itself not> fall off from space. if it is gravitational theory then can they repeat> this revolution and rotation in a scientific Labarotary with few balls> as planets ? If it is Big Bang theory then why are the planets rotating> at the same speed and not slowing down ? Try to create a big bang again> and see whether the pieces are round in looks and whether they keep on> revolving for lakhs of year in the manner Our Planets in the Solar> system are revolving. Please explaion this who is keeping this perfect> alignment in place.> > This is what Buddha explained as Dhamma niyama. That is order of the> norm, e.g., the natural phenomena occurring at the advent of a> Bodhisatta in his last birth, gravitation, etc. Anyway let me mention> here that Buddha wanted his disciples to concetrate on dhamma and not on> these metaphysical things. He taught what was essential to attain> nirvana/moksha.> > 6) Why are you not able to repeat Lord Ganesha drinking milk today ?> > Kindly tell me what this is about. I am truly ignorant and would love to> know.> > 7) I also wish to know why do people worship Buddha statues ? is he> there ? If he is there then I would like to see him. Show me the Buddha> You worship, and I promise i will show you God. You do the above, then> I will show you God.> > No Buddha is not there. Buddha is not anymore even in a heavenly> abode. He was a human being like you and I. He passed away more than> 2500 years ago. Hence I cannot show someone who in not anymore anywhere> in any form.> > Yes, people worship Buddha Statues. Not because they think that Buddha> is there. It is in the form of a gesture of respect similar to that we> pay to our parents, elders, gurus. A statue of the Buddha with its> hands rested gently in its lap and its compassionate smile reminds us to> strive to develop peace and love within ourselves. The perfume of> incense reminds us of the pervading influence of virtue, the lamp> reminds us of light of knowledge and the flowers which soon fade and> die, reminds us of impermanence. When we bow, we express our gratitude> to the Buddha for what his teachings have given us. This is the nature> of Buddhist worship.> > The problem is that what the Buddhism of yesteryears was, is no more> today.> > I agree. The fables, tales may be manipulated, changed, distorted. But> Buddha's basic teaching is applicable even today. It is the Truth.> > I am sure it has become corrupted down the ages.> > May be Buddhism. But not Buddha's teaching of the Four Noble Truths and> the Eightfold path.> > I do not think Buddha did not worship God. This is all nonsense. All> great Saints and Mahapurusha, accept a superior divinity pervading.> > On the other hand God worshipped Buddha. Gods invited Buddha to be born> in the earth. He looked for 5 things to confirm that it was the right> time for a Buddha to be born in earth. Time, Country, Place, Caste, and> Mother. Well....he chose India! Maha Brhama reminded Prince Siddhartha> that it was the right time for renunciation, when he was reluctant to> leave his lovely wife Yashodara and newly born son Rahula. When Prince> Siddhartha attained Buddhahood, Maha Brahma and other gods were> overjoyed and worshipped him and invited him to preach his 1st> discourse.> > If Buddha is there, then God too is there. I would like to see Buddha> first from those worshippers of Buddha, before they ask me to show God> to them.> > I answered this. I cannot show somebody who is no more. Buddha passed> away not to be born ever again. Not even in any heaven. Buddha was not> only a human being, he claimed no inspiration from any god or external> power either. He attributed all his realization, attainments and> achievements to human endeavour and human intelligence. A man and only a> man can become a Buddha. Every man has within himself the potentiality> of becoming a Buddha, if he wills it and endeavours. Man is his own> master, and there is no higher being or power that sits in judgment over> his destiny.> > I don't demand anyone to show me god. It would not help me to achieve my> goals. Only through Buddha's teachings ..will I achieve my goal one> day...may be not in this birth...may be in thousand or more births> later.> > This was Buddha's last words before he passed away. "Yo dhamma passathi,> so man passathi" . Meaning, "One who sees dhamma would see me. "> > I would also like to know why is he deaf and dumb to the cries of the> innocents.> > Sorry, I told you he is no more to save anyone. Neither did he save> anyone while he was alive. He only showed the path for others to follow.> So this question is not contextual or relevant as far as Buddha is> concerned. No one else but one is answerable for one's own actions.> > Trust me..I respect all religions. After all what matters is how we> live :)> > blessings> > Renu> > > > , "Bhaskar"> rajiventerprises@ wrote:> >> >> > Dear Renuji,> >> > I will show You God but first You do this-> >> > 1) Show me where he is acting deaf and dumb to the cries of the> > innocent.> >> > 2) Prove me that they are innocent, who are crying.> >> > 3 ) Give me the reasons why some children are born healthy and the> > others crippled, or blind or whatever.> >> > 4) Why some live a long Life while some children die early at age 5 or> > 10.> >> > 5) Why dont we fall of from the Earth or why does the Earth itself not> > fall off from space. if it is gravitational theory then can they> repeat> > this revolution and rotation in a scientific Labarotary with few balls> > as planets ? If it is Big Bang theory then why are the planets> rotating> > at the same speed and not slowing down ? Try to create a big bang> again> > and see whether the pieces are round in looks and whether they keep on> > revolving for lakhs of year in the manner Our Planets in the Solar> > system are revolving. Please explaion this who is keeping this perfect> > alignment in place.> >> > 6) Why are you not able to repeat Lord Ganesha drinking milk today ?> >> > 7) I also wish to know why do people worship Buddha statues ? is he> > there ? If he is there then I would like to see him. Show me the> Buddha> > You worship, and I promise i will show you God. You do the above, then> > I will show you God.> >> > You may leave the queries of Question 5, and answer the rest, and> still> > I will surely show God to you.> >> > The problem is that what the Buddhism of yesteryears was, is no more> > today. I am sure it has become corrupted down the ages. I do not think> > Buddha did not worship God. This is all nonsense. All great Saints and> > Mahapurusha, accept a superior divinity pervading.> >> > If Buddha is there, then God too is there. I would like to see Buddha> > first from those worshippers of Buddha, before they ask me to show God> > to them. I would also like to know why is he deaf and dumb to the> cries> > of the innocents.> >> > best wishes,> >> > Bhaskar.> >> >> >> >> >> >> > , "renunw" renunw@> > wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > >> > > No hard feelings...I do enjoy this as I consider it as a process of> > > learning. If not by questioning, how are we to learn?> > > 'Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt> felt> > > his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people> etc.> > "> > > Well, what can I say? If I ask you to show God to me...I know it> would> > > be a foolish request. Just tell me ...is he a person...a being...a> > > feeling or all what Sreenadh ji has said...or is it useless trying> to> > > explain to me? If God is omnipresent...why does he act deaf and dumb> > to> > > the cries of the innocent...do I need to go to details? [see ...here> I> > > assume that god is some supreme being...I may be wrong. These are> the> > > conepts of god that is embedded in my mind...or in the minds of> > majority> > > of us..Buddhists]. "Then how are you convinced that he is your> father> > > who has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to> believe> > ?> > > And not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it.> > many> > > matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so> we> > > have to believe" Now you are trying to put me into trouble :) Well> if> > > I have doubts...surely ..I can go for a DNA test. But it is my> > mother's> > > word that I trust. If she could carry me 9 months in her womb and> > enjoy> > > every moment of it [ah...how would men know this feeling ...], if> she> > > could make me immune to diseases by just a drop of her pure white> > milk,> > > if she could nurture me with love and kindness, if she could spend> > > sleepless nights just to make sure that I was safe and sound asleep,> > if> > > she could stare at me for hours just to get a smile from me, if she> > > could forego a meal to make my tummy filled etc. etc. why would I> not> > > trust her word? It was through a tangible physical act that I was> > > conceived. If I consider my mother to be god, why would I not trust> > her> > > word? But if I became a Buddhist just because my parents are> > > Buddhists..that would be not the right thing to do. Buddha is 'ehi> > > passiko'...come and see and not come and believe. "There are> millions> > > who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love. Have you seen Love> ?> > > Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness ?"> > > Love is mostly felt..but of course it could be seen in facial> > > expressions. It could be felt in every touch of your> > > lover/wife/husband/child. So is hatred. It can be seen in one's> eyes.> > So> > > is unhappiness. Why do we have tears? Why do people become moody? So> > is> > > anger....> > > "Certain matters are to be felt, known and experienced. One cannot> > > showcase them. Sure. But feeling and experience is gained through> > > consciousness. Consciousness is related to one of the sense organs> in> > > ourselves and also to an external object. When one of these 3 is> > > missing, there is nothing. These are all conditional things. One> > depends> > > on the others. "Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever> > > he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime> > Minister> > > ? How can we say that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he> is> > > not there ?" Yes....I agree. But todays world is so advanced...we> have> > > media. Also these prospective PM's would visit even slums to get> their> > > vote before the elections. Niagara Falls a tangible thing. "So even> > > You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the> > time> > > you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience> Him.> > > But if You follow a religion where they say God does not exist then> no> > > amount of explaining would be enough. " If I am to become worthy> > > enough to meet god, I should be worthy enough for my fellow human> > beings> > > first. It is not that Buddhism say that god does not exist. Gods are> > > there. But not a creator. We even invoke blessings on gods after a> > > meritorious deed. Gods will protect those who live according to> > dhamma.> > > No need to ask for special favours. Also Buddha taught only what is> > > essential to attain 'nirvana'. In short the 4 Noble Truths. To> achieve> > > nirvana or to realize the Truth...the existence or non existence of> > God> > > is irrelevant. "I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> > > Mercury"" It doesn't seem to be so:) Otherwise I would not be> tempted> > > to reply. Just one thing more....though paths are different...I am> > > convinced that we are searching the same 'Truth'. blessings Renu> > > , "Bhaskar"> > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Renuji,> > > > Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing> and> > > > nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced> > > impositions.> > > > i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also> > wish> > > > you take the same view. // If people talk so much about god, they> > > > should have some idea of the same // Yes we have idea of the same.> > We> > > > know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace,> > seen> > > > Him manifesting through people etc. // It is always a question of> > > > knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of> > belief> > > > arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the> word.> > > The> > > > moment you see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are> > > > convinced. // Then how are you convinced that he is your father> who> > > > has given birth to you ? Did You see ..................to believe> ?> > > And> > > > not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it.> many> > > > matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so> > we> > > > have to believe. There are millions who say " I Love You ' to> their> > > > partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy.> Have> > > you> > > > seen unhappiness ? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these> > > millions> > > > who say i love you, do you read when one partner dies , the other> > has> > > > also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of> so> > > > many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so what happened> to> > > > their love then ? Certain matters are to be felt, known and> > > > experienced. One cannot showcase them. Can a ordinary man meet the> > > Prime> > > > Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to> > > meet> > > > the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met> the> > > > Prime Minister, he is not there ? How can I say that I have not> > > visited> > > > the Naigara falls so it is not there ? Many others have been> there,> > > and> > > > we have to believe them . Is it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt> bulbs.> > > And> > > > God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be> > > thrown> > > > in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ? So even You can meet God> if> > > > you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not> > become> > > > worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You> > follow> > > a> > > > religion where they say God does not exist then no amount of> > > explaining> > > > would be enough. // What I wanted to point out is whatever the> > > > meaning given to the concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in> this> > > > world. This Truth need no labels. > It is neither, Budddhist,> Hindu,> > > > Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not> > > > > a monopoly of anybody. //> > > > Perfectly said. I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> > > > Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.> > > > regards, Bhaskar.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "renunw" renunw@> > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > > >> > > > > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I> > > have> > > > > heard various concepts of 'god'. If people talk so much about> god,> > > > they> > > > > should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant> as> > to> > > > > this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.> > > > >> > > > > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of> > > > > believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing> -> > > > > seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the> > question> > > of> > > > > belief disappears. Then you are convinced.> > > > >> > > > > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the> > > > concept> > > > > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no> > > labels.> > > > > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam.> It> > is> > > > not> > > > > a monopoly of anybody.> > > > >> > > > > If we take charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian> > charity,> > > > > Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother> > to> > > > her> > > > > child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious> labels.> > > > This> > > > > is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is> not> > > > > necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is> > essential> > > > is> > > > > seeing the Truth and understanding it.> > > > >> > > > > "Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only> by> > > > > knowing – knowing oneself."> > > > >> > > > > That was beautiful.> > > > >> > > > > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids> it.........> > > and> > > > > what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to> > him> > > > > naturally.> > > > >> > > > > blessings> > > > >> > > > > Renu> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > , "neelam gupta"> > > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Friends,> > > > > >> > > > > > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can> fill> > > > pages> > > > > and> > > > > > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere> > > near> > > > > the> > > > > > truth.> > > > > >> > > > > > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the> > > > driving> > > > > force… the truth…> > > > > > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men> trying> > to> > > > see> > > > > what> > > > > > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right.> All> > > > have> > > > > a> > > > > > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always> > comes> > > > > from> > > > > > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can> > obtain> > > > the> > > > > > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing"> of> > > > God;> > > > > that> > > > > > has to come from within. There is a difference between> knowledge> > > and> > > > > > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom> > comes> > > > only> > > > > by> > > > > > knowing – knowing oneself.> > > > > >> > > > > > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no> > > > > explanation> > > > > > and there is no way of explaining to those who do not know. In> > > > trying> > > > > to> > > > > > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is> known,> > > is> > > > > always> > > > > > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be> superficial> > > > > knowledge.> > > > > >> > > > > > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an> > > authority> > > > > on all> > > > > > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to> > lecture> > > > on> > > > > the> > > > > > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for> whatever> > > his> > > > > > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know> > about> > > > it,> > > > > are> > > > > > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one> who> > > > knows> > > > > > swimming may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I> know> > is> > > > > that I> > > > > > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you> > jump.> > > If> > > > > you insist> > > > > > on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it> > possible> > > to> > > > > speak> > > > > > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What> > discussion> > > > can> > > > > there> > > > > > be in the matter of swimming?"> > > > > >> > > > > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God.> > There> > > is> > > > a> > > > > great> > > > > > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God,> > but> > > > > where are> > > > > > those who "know" God?> > > > > >> > > > > > Regards> > > > > > Neelam> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Renuji,

My Comments in Red.

Dear Bhaskar ji,

I will try my best with the little knowledge I have to answer you. You MUST keep in mind, though I am a Buddhist by birth, by religion, may be by knowledge too ..I have not SEEN Buddha yet.

) Show me where he is acting deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocent.

I'll mention one or two cases. When a girl is being raped, where is god to protect her? When a malnourished starving child cries for a drop of water, why cannot god create a fountain of pure water? When a woman who tolls day & night to feed her family is beaten by the husband who only knows to use the hard earned money on liquor, why cannot god protect that woman? Buddha cannot do these things as he was a human being and he is no more.

In your further comments below, you talk of the theory of karma. That should explain why the above happens. Why must god come in between the culmination of some karma, enforced by the individual Himself ? The girl who is now raped, must have raped someone in her past janma as a man. The women who is now beaten, must have nbeaten her own partner in previous janma . can you vouch that this is not the case ?

Innocence can have different meanings and a person may be innocent for one thing and guilty of another thing. Of course in the case of a raped victim, I will surely succeed in proving her innocence in a court of law. In the case of a child, yes, who knows not nothing of the evils of this world...is obviously innocent. Why should it be deprived of basic needs, if there is a god? Why would a woman get beaten by a drunkard? If she works in good faith, through sheer love she has for her kids & husband, of what crime is she guilty to get beaten by her husband?

Again the same things have been repeated by you. my answer would be the same. Check your further comments in this mail. You have yourself said about Karma, which explains all above happennings.

Of course...karma is the answer. We Buddhists accept 'karma theory' In Buddhist theory of 'kamma' /karma it has a specific meaning; it means only 'volitional action', not all action. Karma and its effects are two things. Effects are known as the kamma phala or kamma vipaka. Good karma produces good effects and bad karma produces bad effects. The theory of kamma in Buddhism is the thoery of cause and effect, the theory of action and reaction. Ther result is not a punishment/judgement imposed by a Supreme being. One is responsible for one's own action. Now you will say in the above mentioned 2nd case, the vicitms had to suffer because of their past bad kammas. True...that is what exactly Buddhism says. I am asking if god is omnipresent, where is he when these things happen? Why would god let his own creations suffer? OK. One would say that he created them equal. If so how come they act differently? If they were created equally how come they have different minds or different consciousness?

You yourself talk of karma and then say why should god allow all this to happen / Who is He to allow criminal activities ? Yes in the starting he had created all of us equal. He had been kind enough to give us " vivek buddhi " which we dont utilise, but sopend our time and energies in pleasures. He is not controlling our actions. we are free to smoke a cvigarette, have a drink, have a affair with the neighbours wife or husband, and do whatever we like. If he gives us these liberties then these come with some rules, that we personally would be liable of the consequences of our actions which would follow. okay ?

Same answer as above. Those who destroy the lives of other beings may have short lives in another birth.

Again you are accepting the theory of Karma, then why other talks of god not coming to help ?

This is what Buddha explained as Dhamma niyama. That is order of the norm, e.g., the natural phenomena occurring at the advent of a Bodhisatta in his last birth, gravitation, etc. Anyway let me mention here that Buddha wanted his disciples to concetrate on dhamma and not on these metaphysical things. He taught what was essential to attain nirvana/moksha.

Then what is moksha if not attaining the Formless God ?

Kindly tell me what this is about. I am truly ignorant and would love to know.

Some other time.

No Buddha is not there. Buddha is not anymore even in a heavenly abode. He was a human being like you and I. He passed away more than 2500 years ago. Hence I cannot show someone who in not anymore anywhere in any form.

If he is not there then why do You worship him ? ( You may not know but then I am a better buddhist then you. Because i worship buddha whenever i pass through his temples and statues , and i believe that He is there , and not gone anywhere. )

Yes, people worship Buddha Statues. Not because they think that Buddha is there. It is in the form of a gesture of respect similar to that we pay to our parents, elders, gurus. A statue of the Buddha with its hands rested gently in its lap and its compassionate smile reminds us to strive to develop peace and love within ourselves. The perfume of incense reminds us of the pervading influence of virtue, the lamp reminds us of light of knowledge and the flowers which soon fade and die, reminds us of impermanence. When we bow, we express our gratitude to the Buddha for what his teachings have given us. This is the nature of Buddhist worship.

The problem is that what the Buddhism of yesteryears was, is no more today.

I agree. The fables, tales may be manipulated, changed, distorted. But Buddha's basic teaching is applicable even today. It is the Truth.

Agreed.

I am sure it has become corrupted down the ages.

May be Buddhism. But not Buddha's teaching of the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold path.

Agreed.

I do not think Buddha did not worship God. This is all nonsense. All great Saints and Mahapurusha, accept a superior divinity pervading.

On the other hand God worshipped Buddha. Gods invited Buddha to be born in the earth. He looked for 5 things to confirm that it was the right time for a Buddha to be born in earth. Time, Country, Place, Caste, and Mother. Well....he chose India! Maha Brhama reminded Prince Siddhartha that it was the right time for renunciation, when he was reluctant to leave his lovely wife Yashodara and newly born son Rahula. When Prince Siddhartha attained Buddhahood, Maha Brahma and other gods were overjoyed and worshipped him and invited him to preach his 1st discourse.

So ultimately you have accepted that God is there, because if in Buddhas time God was there, then He must be, now too.

If Buddha is there, then God too is there. I would like to see Buddha first from those worshippers of Buddha, before they ask me to show God to them.

I answered this. I cannot show somebody who is no more. Buddha passed away not to be born ever again. Not even in any heaven. Buddha was not only a human being, he claimed no inspiration from any god or external power either. He attributed all his realization, attainments and achievements to human endeavour and human intelligence. A man and only a man can become a Buddha. Every man has within himself the potentiality of becoming a Buddha, if he wills it and endeavours. Man is his own master, and there is no higher being or power that sits in judgment over his destiny.

I don't demand anyone to show me god. It would not help me to achieve my goals. Only through Buddha's teachings ..will I achieve my goal one day...may be not in this birth...may be in thousand or more births later.

No comments.

This was Buddha's last words before he passed away. "Yo dhamma passathi, so man passathi" . Meaning, "One who sees dhamma would see me. "

When his followers like you say that He is no more, then how would his words come ture, if you become a buddha someday.

I would also like to know why is he deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocents.

Sorry, I told you he is no more to save anyone. Neither did he save anyone while he was alive. He only showed the path for others to follow. So this question is not contextual or relevant as far as Buddha is concerned. No one else but one is answerable for one's own actions.

You do not know much about him unfortunately. He has saved hundreds in his time too from many maladies, and i am not talking of saving a soul , I am talking physical saving.

Trust me..I respect all religions. After all what matters is how we live :)

Yes i trust you are religious.

blessings

Renu

Guest guest

Just like you can show Your mother to the world by large, even after she is no more, I too can show God to the world in the same way.

I can also show God to you face to face, but would have to make myself worthy of this appointment first. I know He is there, which is why the confidence that I can show Him to you. but the question is time period for me to become worthy enough to be granted His audience.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar ji,> > I understand what you say. You may be a good person whom even> god/gods help/s. I believe you. But can you show this god to anyone> else...I am not coming back to previous mail hence I have explained> to you what my intentions were.> > But I could [now she is no more] show my mother to the world at> large. I and others whom she met in her life time could comprehend> her through the 5 senses.> > blessings> Renu> > Renu>

Guest guest

Dear Sunilji,

My point in asking Renuji about why buddhists worship statues, is pointed towards highlighting something else, and I am well aware of the reason for us hindus wroshipping statues. it is ti develop concentration first on the form, as it is easier, and later on to move to the formless.

I too respect Lord Buddha as an avatar and respect his teachings. but most of the followers of this sect today are misguided and have detached themselves from the society and are actually ostracised due to this reason.

I believe if I am a good Bhakta, then Buddha can show me the form of His which I wish to see, and we can see him, if we have he capability to earn His grace.

i agree that he is everywhere and nowhere.

Everywhere to a bhakta and believer, and nowhere to a non bhakta and non believer.

Thanks for your enriching educative psotings. I like the balance of sense and logic in them.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:>> Bhaskarji,> > Namaste,> > <<< 7) I also wish to know why do people worship Buddha> statues ? is he there ? If he is there then I would like to see him.> Show me the Buddha You worship, and I promise i will show you God. You> do the above, then I will show you God. >>>> > I am a Hindu and I worship Lord Buddha as an avatar of God. Ramakrishna Paramhamsa also said that there is no doubt that he was an avatara of God. Originally there was no statue Lord but the relics of Lord Buddha was taken away by the devotees after his death. For example, his tooth was taken to the Dantapur or Odantapur (the holy town of Puri in Orissa) and later on it was taken to Sri Lanka. It was much later that the practice of paying respect to Lord Buddha's statue came into vogue. This was probably because Lord Buddha became awakened or attained Buddhahood and he wanted everybody to become Buddha. He was the ideal of the Buddhists. But simply by worshipping his statue one cannot get Buddhahood. That is probably the first step (of some Buddhists) before fully understanding the four Arya satyas and following the eightfold path shown by him. As regards worshipping> Pratima (or image or statue) Lord Krishna told that "Pratima alpa-buddhinaam, Sarvatra samadarshinaam" ie. Worshipping the image is for the beginner of the spiritual journey but one who sees all beings as equal sees God in all beings, in fact in everything..Nobody can see Lord Buddha separately. He is everywhere. He has attained Bodhakaya or from the Hindu standpoint he had the realisation that he is Brahman. In Zen Buddhism the guru tells his disciple that if you see Lord Buddha kill him. This explains all.> > Regards,> > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya> > --- On Tue, 7/29/08, Bhaskar rajiventerprises wrote:> Bhaskar rajiventerprises Re: who knows God?> > Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 7:56> PM> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Renuji,> I will show You God but first You do this-> 1) Show me where he is acting deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocent.> 2) Prove me that they are innocent, who are crying. > 3 ) Give me the reasons why some children are born healthy and the others crippled, or blind or whatever.> 4) Why some live a long Life while some children die early at age 5 or 10.> 5) Why dont we fall of from the Earth or why does the Earth itself not fall off from space. if it is gravitational theory then can they repeat this revolution and rotation in a scientific Labarotary with few balls as planets ? If it is Big Bang theory then why are the planets rotating at the same speed and not slowing down ? Try to create a big bang again and see whether the pieces are round in looks and whether they keep on revolving for lakhs of year in the manner Our Planets in the Solar system are revolving. Please explaion this who is keeping this perfect alignment in place. > 6) Why are you not able to repeat Lord Ganesha drinking milk today ? > 7) I also wish to know why do people worship Buddha statues ? is he there ? If he is there then I would like to see him. Show me the Buddha You worship, and I promise i will show you God. You do the above, then I will show you God.> You may leave the queries of Question 5, and answer the rest, and still I will surely show God to you.> The problem is that what the Buddhism of yesteryears was, is no more today. I am sure it has become corrupted down the ages. I do not think Buddha did not worship God. This is all nonsense. All great Saints and Mahapurusha, accept a superior divinity pervading. > If Buddha is there, then God too is there. I would like to see Buddha first from those worshippers of Buddha, before they ask me to show God to them. I would also like to know why is he deaf and dumb to the cries of the innocents. > best wishes,> Bhaskar. > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "renunw" renunw@ wrote:> >> > > > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > > > No hard feelings...I do enjoy this as I consider it as a process of> > learning. If not by questioning, how are we to learn?> > 'Yes we have idea of the same. We know God is there. I have felt felt> > his Presence, seen his grace, seen Him manifesting through people etc. "> > Well, what can I say? If I ask you to show God to me...I know it would> > be a foolish request. Just tell me ...is he a person...a being...a> > feeling or all what Sreenadh ji has said...or is it useless trying to> > explain to me? If God is omnipresent. ..why does he act deaf and dumb to> > the cries of the innocent...do I need to go to details? [see ...here I> > assume that god is some supreme being...I may be wrong. These are the> > conepts of god that is embedded in my mind...or> in the minds of majority> > of us..Buddhists] . "Then how are you convinced that he is your father> > who has given birth to you ? Did You see ............ ......to believe ?> > And not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many> > matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we> > have to believe" Now you are trying to put me into trouble :) Well if> > I have doubts...surely ..I can go for a DNA test. But it is my mother's> > word that I trust. If she could carry me 9 months in her womb and enjoy> > every moment of it [ah...how would men know this feeling ...], if she> > could make me immune to diseases by just a drop of her pure white milk,> > if she could nurture me with love and kindness, if she could spend> > sleepless nights just to make sure that I was safe and sound asleep, if> > she could stare at me for hours just to get a smile from me, if> she> > could forego a meal to make my tummy filled etc. etc. why would I not> > trust her word? It was through a tangible physical act that I was> > conceived. If I consider my mother to be god, why would I not trust her> > word? But if I became a Buddhist just because my parents are> > Buddhists..that would be not the right thing to do. Buddha is 'ehi> > passiko'...come and see and not come and believe. "There are millions> > who say " I Love You ' to their partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? > > Some one feels unhappy. Have you seen unhappiness ?"> > Love is mostly felt..but of course it could be seen in facial> > expressions. It could be felt in every touch of your> > lover/wife/husband/ child. So is hatred. It can be seen in one's eyes. So> > is unhappiness. Why do we have tears? Why do people become moody? So is> > anger....> > "Certain matters are to be felt, known and> experienced. One cannot> > showcase them. Sure. But feeling and experience is gained through> > consciousness. Consciousness is related to one of the sense organs in> > ourselves and also to an external object. When one of these 3 is> > missing, there is nothing. These are all conditional things. One depends> > on the others. "Can a ordinary man meet the Prime Minister whenever> > he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to meet the Prime Minister> > ? How can we say that because i have not met the Prime Minister, he is> > not there ?" Yes....I agree. But todays world is so advanced...we have> > media. Also these prospective PM's would visit even slums to get their> > vote before the elections. Niagara Falls a tangible thing. "So even> > You can meet God if you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time> > you do not become worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. > >> But if You follow a religion where they say God does not exist then no> > amount of explaining would be enough. " If I am to become worthy> > enough to meet god, I should be worthy enough for my fellow human beings> > first. It is not that Buddhism say that god does not exist. Gods are> > there. But not a creator. We even invoke blessings on gods after a> > meritorious deed. Gods will protect those who live according to dhamma.> > No need to ask for special favours. Also Buddha taught only what is> > essential to attain 'nirvana'. In short the 4 Noble Truths. To achieve> > nirvana or to realize the Truth...the existence or non existence of God> > is irrelevant. "I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> > Mercury"" It doesn't seem to be so:) Otherwise I would not be tempted> > to reply. Just one thing more....though paths are different... I am> > convinced that we are searching the same> 'Truth'. blessings Renu> > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar"> > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Renuji,> > > Now before you read further remember that we are just discussing and> > > nothing personal and not to be taken as challenge or forced> > impositions.> > > i am just enjoying tarka-kutarka and engaging in the same. I also wish> > > you take the same view. // If people talk so much about god, they> > > should have some idea of the same // Yes we have idea of the same. We> > > know God is there. I have felt felt his Presence, seen his grace, seen> > > Him manifesting through people etc. // It is always a question of> > > knowing and seeing, and not that of believing. The question of belief> > > arises when there is no seeing - seeing in every sense of the word.> > The> > > moment you> see, the question of belief disappears. Then you are> > > convinced. // Then how are you convinced that he is your father who> > > has given birth to you ? Did You see ............ ......to believe ?> > And> > > not you, for that matter none of us have seen it to believe it. many> > > matters are to be believed because the elders say it. they kNOW so we> > > have to believe. There are millions who say " I Love You ' to their> > > partners in Love. Have you seen Love ? Some one feels unhappy. Have> > you> > > seen unhappiness ? Is it a tangible substance to see ? Of these> > millions> > > who say i love you, do you read when one partner dies , the other has> > > also jumped in the funeral pyre ? Do we read in the newspapers of so> > > many partners dying when their loved one dies ? so what happened to> > > their love then ? Certain matters are to be> felt, known and> > > experienced. One cannot showcase them. Can a ordinary man meet the> > Prime> > > Minister whenever he wishes ? Does he not have be worthy enough to> > meet> > > the Prime Minister ? How can we say that because i have not met the> > > Prime Minister, he is not there ? How can I say that I have not> > visited> > > the Naigara falls so it is not there ? Many others have been there,> > and> > > we have to believe them . Is it not ? We are ordinary 5 watt bulbs.> > And> > > God may be said to be a 100watt Power. How can a 100watt power be> > thrown> > > in a 5 watt bulb ? Would it not burst ? So even You can meet God if> > > you become worthy enough to meet Him. till the time you do not become> > > worthy enough, You can feel Him and experience Him. But if You follow> > a> > > religion where they say God does not> exist then no amount of> > explaining> > > would be enough. // What I wanted to point out is whatever the> > > meaning given to the concept > of 'god', there is one Truth in this> > > world. This Truth need no labels. > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu,> > > Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is not> > > > a monopoly of anybody. //> > > Perfectly said. I am little mandbuddhi with a combust and retro> > > Mercury, so do not feel otherwise. just enjoying the discussion.> > > regards, Bhaskar.> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "renunw" renunw@> > > wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Neelam ji,> > > >> > > > Thanks for the lovely post. Yes, this would not lead anywhere. I> > have> > > > heard various concepts of> 'god'. If people talk so much about god,> > > they> > > > should have some idea of the same. I was & am totally ignorant as to> > > > this. Hence wanted to get some knowledge.> > > >> > > > It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of> > > > believing. The question of belief arises when there is no seeing -> > > > seeing in every sense of the word. The moment you see, the question> > of> > > > belief disappears. Then you are convinced.> > > >> > > > What I wanted to point out is whatever the meaning given to the> > > concept> > > > of 'god', there is one Truth in this world. This Truth need no> > labels.> > > > It is neither, Budddhist, Hindu, Jainism, Christian nor Islam. It is> > > not> > > > a monopoly of anybody.> > > >> > > > If we take> charity, there is no Buddhist charity, Christian charity,> > > > Hindu charity etc. etc. Charity is charity. The love of a mother to> > > her> > > > child is simply mother love. It does not need any relgious labels.> > > This> > > > is the truth. In fact, in order to understand the Truth, it is not> > > > necessary even to know the source of the teaching. What is essential> > > is> > > > seeing the Truth and understanding it.> > > >> > > > "Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes only by> > > > knowing – knowing oneself."> > > >> > > > That was beautiful.> > > >> > > > If one knows what is unwholesome [akusala] and avoids it.........> > and> > > > what is wholesome [kusala] and practises it, wisdom will come to him> > > > naturally.> > >> >> > > > blessings> > > >> > > > Renu> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "neelam gupta"> > > > neelamgupta07@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Friends,> > > > >> > > > > The debate about what is God, cannot lead anywhere. One can fill> > > pages> > > > and> > > > > pages on trying to explain what is God, yet not reach anywhere> > near> > > > the> > > > > truth.> > > > >> > > > > God…the cosmic principle… the eternal energy… the> > > driving> > > > force… the truth…> > > > > give it whatever you may like, yet we are like blind men trying to> >> > see> > > > what> > > > > an elephant looks like… all may be right, yet not right. All> > > have> > > > a> > > > > knowledge but yet do not know. What we call knowledge always comes> > > > from> > > > > outside, whereas 'knowing' always comes from within. We can obtain> > > the> > > > > knowledge of God from books and sermons but not the "knowing" of> > > God;> > > > that> > > > > has to come from within. There is a difference between knowledge> > and> > > > > knowing. Knowledge makes a man learned but not wise. Wisdom comes> > > only> > > > by> > > > > knowing – knowing oneself.> > > > >> > > > > This is the greatest problem in life: those who, know, need no> > > > explanation> > > > > and there is no way> of explaining to those who do not know. In> > > trying> > > > to> > > > > explain to the latter, more problems are created. What is known,> > is> > > > always> > > > > known from within; and what is imparted, may only be superficial> > > > knowledge.> > > > >> > > > > A man may read all the books on swimming. He may become an> > authority> > > > on all> > > > > the information regarding swimming. He may even qualify to lecture> > > on> > > > the> > > > > subject – but do not ever push him into water, for whatever> > his> > > > > qualifications, he cannot swim! To know swimming and to know about> > > it,> > > > are> > > > > two entirely different things. It is quite possible that one who> > > knows> > > > > swimming> may be unable to explain it. He might say: "All I know is> > > > that I> > > > > jump into water and – I swim! You too, will swim if you jump.> > If> > > > you insist> > > > > on him larifying his statement, one will say: "How is it possible> > to> > > > speak> > > > > about it? I can jump in the water and demonstrate. What discussion> > > can> > > > there> > > > > be in the matter of swimming?"> > > > >> > > > > So also, we can know about God but that is not knowing God. There> > is> > > a> > > > great> > > > > number of such learned pundits amongst us who know about God, but> > > > where are> > > > > those who "know" God?> > > > >> > > > > Regards> > > > > Neelam> > > > >> > >> >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Renuji and Bhaskarji,Please permit me to interrupt your interesting dialogue. It appears to me as if you're peeling an onion layer by layer... the process goes on and on... you can peel out thicker layers, thinner layers or even microlayers (which we learnt to do in school while making the slide of an onion peel and the peel could be visible only under a microscope)... all depending on your capability and experience.

In the end what will you get? Nothing? No!... in the end we find God... that which appears in nothingness... is GOD. That which flows from something to nothing... the fountainhead from where each life springs and ends into nothingness...

Reasoning is only a preparation for what is beyond reasoning. But reasoning only takes us into an area of darkness. We must go beyond reasoning in order to reach it. We need to perceive beyond our known dimensions.

RegardsNeelam2008/7/30 Bhaskar <rajiventerprises

Just like you can show Your mother to the world by large, even after she is no more, I too can show God to the world in the same way.

I can also show God to you face to face, but would have to make myself worthy of this appointment first. I know He is there, which is why the confidence that I can show Him to you. but the question is time period for me to become worthy enough to be granted His audience.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, " renunw " <renunw wrote:>

> Dear Bhaskar ji,> > I understand what you say. You may be a good person whom even> god/gods help/s. I believe you. But can you show this god to anyone> else...I am not coming back to previous mail hence I have explained

> to you what my intentions were.> > But I could [now she is no more] show my mother to the world at> large. I and others whom she met in her life time could comprehend> her through the 5 senses.

> > blessings> Renu> > Renu>