Dear Krishna ji,

There seem to be lot of afflictions to Venus indicating

kidneys...from her birth. If I get to know anything new regarding

her illness I will send the feedback :)

" Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha. "

Is this applicable to natal horoscope? I have read somewhere that

kendradhipatya dosha is not valid as far as the natal horoscope is

considered.

Please correct me if I am wrong...Thanks.

blessings

Renu

, Krishnamurthy

Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:

>

> Dear Sreenadh ji,

>

> Thanks for the link. I got the birth details.

>

> Dear Renu ji,

>

> I observe the following from the chart:

>

> - Moon is in the 8th, with retrograde Jupiter, certainly

afflicted. 12th lord Mars occupies the nakshatra of Moon.

>

> - Though Sun has combust both Mercury and Mars, please note that

he is also afflicted by the close contact of two malefics (Mars is

also the 12th lord, and Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha). Also,

Sun's dispositor Sat is retrograde and with Rahu.

>

> - Sat and Rahu sits in the nakshatra of Venus (Kidneys).

Dispositor of Venus is retrograde and in 8th. Venus does not get any

beenfic aspects. Fifth house represents kidneys. Its lord Mars is

combust.

>

> - The native is born during Sat-Sat period (who afflicts Venus)

>

> People might argue that Mars and Jupiter are both exalted. But,

unfortunately, Mars is combust and Jupiter is retrograde. This

prevents them from giving the results of exaltation.

>

> Looking at all this, it is quite possible that the doctors were

correct.

>

> Regards,

> Krishna

>

> Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

> Dear Krishna ji,

> The birth details are already shared :) Check this link:

> /message/7205

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> , Krishnamurthy

> Seetharama <krishna_1998@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Renu ji,

> >

> > What I have read somewhere is that if both the luminaries are

> afflicted in the chart, then there is a strong chance of some

congenital

> defect in the native. Probably, the house of affliction and/or

planets

> afflicted could give an indication of the nature and area of

problem.

> >

> > I have not read the entire thread. But, looks like you have not

shared

> the birth details of this native. If you wouldn't like to share the

> birth details for some reason it is OK. In that case, please let

me know

> if both the luminaries are afflicted in the birth chart. If

possible,

> please do share the birth details.

> >

> > Regards,

> > Krishna

> >

> > renunw renunw@ wrote:

> > Dear Sunil ji,

> > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a defect .As

the

> variation in size of organ need not contribute to the problem in

that

> area unless it has affected the function of the oragns .Also

myself now

> confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .

> > I agree. Doctors will always give a reason which may be based on

facts

> when the medical reports support or otherwise based on some guess

> work....assuming that we the patients would believe whatever they

say.

> > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is

unafflicted

> ( which may show internal and external problem ) .

> > In lagna chart 6th lord is not afflicted. But in navamsha, 6HL is

> conjunct with debilitated Mars in 8th house.

> > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from

birth we

> can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is

> afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i agree

but see

> the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected

greatly

> by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has

drishti of

> shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or sani ) is

> afflicted .

> > Thanks ..for directing me towards this angle as well :)

> > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa at

the

> time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house --

both

> maraka places ) and sub of rahu ( who is with sani -another maraka

lord

> ) also sade sathi and other problems .

> > Exactly.

> > How is her married life ,

> > She is not married yet. No relationship with a boy even so far.

Mother

> is worried that she is not married but at the same time mother

thinks it

> is not fair to give her in marriage with her disease.

> > also curious abt father

> > Not a very good relationship with her father. They don't talk

much

> with each other. Reason: father had been very very strict in her

> childhood. That was one reason that she never wanted to get

involved

> with a boy. She expressed her inner torments through her

painitngs. But

> basically ...father is a good person....She moved out of parents'

house

> as she was not happy with the father.....about 1 1/2 years ago.

> > and her profession ( since there is parivarthan between 2nd and

9th

> Lords )

> > She is Chartered Architect....doing well. Please tell me what

> relevence this got to do with parivarthana between 2nd and 9th

house

> lords...Of course this would mean that she would have good income.

> Right? [i am learning]

> > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again venus

( as

> 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of

discussion

> ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems to

any

> elder co borns .

> > Sounds interesting. Just for your knowledge...she has an elder

sister

> and two younger brohers. All well educated and professionaly well

> settled. The elder sister is not keen in marriage [another worry

to the

> parents] ....but no health problems so far.

> >

> > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted

( as

> its 6th from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also show

diceases

> and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted ( but i think it

can

> giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls kumbha as

hridroga

> rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this chart ?? as

natural 5th

> H is also afflicted heavily .

> > Her high blood pressure may be due to some heart disease....May

be

> another day in future another doctor will come up with a heart

related

> diagnosis.....then you will be the first informed person by me :)

But I

> pray and hope that she will be back to normal. She is a sweet

> girl....doesn't talk much...but very loyal to her selected few

friends.

> > blessings

> > Renu

> >

> > , " sunil nair "

> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Hare rama krishna ,

> > >

> > > dear renu ji ,

>

> > > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a

defect .As

> > > the variation in size of organ need not contribute to the

problem in

> > > that area unless it has affected the function of the

oragns .Also

> myself

> > > now confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .

> > >

> > > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is

> unafflicted

> > > ( which may show internal and external problem ) .

>

> > > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from

birth

> we

> > > can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is

> > > afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i

agree but

> see

> > > the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected

> greatly

> > > by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has

drishti

> of

> > > shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or

sani ) is

> > > afflicted .

>

> > > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa

at the

> > > time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house

> --both

> > > maraka places ) and sub of rahu ( who is with sani -another

maraka

> lord

> > > ) also sade sathi and other problems .

> > > How is her married life ,also curious abt father and her

profession

> (

> > > since there is parivarthan between 2nd and 9th Lords )

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again

venus ( as

> > > 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of

> discussion

> > > ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems

to any

> > > elder co borns .

>

> > > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted

> > > ( as its 6th from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also

show

> > > diceases and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted (

but i

> think

> > > it can giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls

kumbha as

> > > hridroga rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this

chart ?? as

> > > natural 5th H is also afflicted heavily .

>

> > >

> > > regrds sunilnair.

> > >

> > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Guest guest

Dear Renu ji, Yes, as you have rightly pointed out, not everyone uses Kendradhipatya dosha in natal charts. However, I find it applicable to the natal charts as well. Regards, Krishna renunw <renunw wrote: Dear Krishna ji,There seem to be lot of afflictions to Venus indicating kidneys...from her birth. If I get to know anything new regarding her illness I will send the feedback :)"Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha."Is this

applicable to natal horoscope? I have read somewhere that kendradhipatya dosha is not valid as far as the natal horoscope is considered.Please correct me if I am wrong...Thanks.blessingsRenu , Krishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh ji,> > Thanks for the link. I got the birth details.> > Dear Renu ji,> > I observe the following from the chart:> > - Moon is in the 8th, with retrograde Jupiter, certainly afflicted. 12th lord Mars occupies the nakshatra of Moon.> > - Though Sun has combust both Mercury and Mars, please note that he is also afflicted by the close contact of two malefics (Mars is also the 12th lord, and Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha). Also, Sun's dispositor

Sat is retrograde and with Rahu.> > - Sat and Rahu sits in the nakshatra of Venus (Kidneys). Dispositor of Venus is retrograde and in 8th. Venus does not get any beenfic aspects. Fifth house represents kidneys. Its lord Mars is combust.> > - The native is born during Sat-Sat period (who afflicts Venus)> > People might argue that Mars and Jupiter are both exalted. But, unfortunately, Mars is combust and Jupiter is retrograde. This prevents them from giving the results of exaltation.> > Looking at all this, it is quite possible that the doctors were correct.> > Regards,> Krishna> > Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:> Dear Krishna ji,> The birth details are already shared :) Check this link:> /message/7205> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , Krishnamurthy> Seetharama <krishna_1998@> wrote:> >> > Dear Renu ji,> >> > What I have read somewhere is that if both the luminaries are> afflicted in the chart, then there is a strong chance of some congenital> defect in the native. Probably, the house of affliction and/or planets> afflicted could give an indication of the nature and area of problem.> >> > I have not read the entire thread. But, looks like you have not shared> the birth details of this native. If you wouldn't like to share

the> birth details for some reason it is OK. In that case, please let me know> if both the luminaries are afflicted in the birth chart. If possible,> please do share the birth details.> >> > Regards,> > Krishna> >> > renunw renunw@ wrote:> > Dear Sunil ji,> > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a defect .As the> variation in size of organ need not contribute to the problem in that> area unless it has affected the function of the oragns .Also myself now> confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .> > I agree. Doctors will always give a reason which may be based on facts> when the medical reports support or otherwise based on some guess> work....assuming that we the patients would believe whatever they say.> > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is

unafflicted> ( which may show internal and external problem ) .> > In lagna chart 6th lord is not afflicted. But in navamsha, 6HL is> conjunct with debilitated Mars in 8th house.> > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from birth we> can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is> afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i agree but see> the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected greatly> by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has drishti of> shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or sani ) is> afflicted .> > Thanks ..for directing me towards this angle as well :)> > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa at the> time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house --both> maraka places ) and sub of

rahu ( who is with sani -another maraka lord> ) also sade sathi and other problems .> > Exactly.> > How is her married life ,> > She is not married yet. No relationship with a boy even so far. Mother> is worried that she is not married but at the same time mother thinks it> is not fair to give her in marriage with her disease.> > also curious abt father> > Not a very good relationship with her father. They don't talk much> with each other. Reason: father had been very very strict in her> childhood. That was one reason that she never wanted to get involved> with a boy. She expressed her inner torments through her painitngs. But> basically ...father is a good person....She moved out of parents' house> as she was not happy with the father.....about 1 1/2 years ago.> > and her profession ( since there is parivarthan between 2nd and

9th> Lords )> > She is Chartered Architect....doing well. Please tell me what> relevence this got to do with parivarthana between 2nd and 9th house> lords...Of course this would mean that she would have good income.> Right? [i am learning]> > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again venus ( as> 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of discussion> ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems to any> elder co borns .> > Sounds interesting. Just for your knowledge...she has an elder sister> and two younger brohers. All well educated and professionaly well> settled. The elder sister is not keen in marriage [another worry to the> parents] ....but no health problems so far.> >> > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted ( as> its 6th

from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also show diceases> and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted ( but i think it can> giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls kumbha as hridroga> rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this chart ?? as natural 5th> H is also afflicted heavily .> > Her high blood pressure may be due to some heart disease....May be> another day in future another doctor will come up with a heart related> diagnosis.....then you will be the first informed person by me :) But I> pray and hope that she will be back to normal. She is a sweet> girl....doesn't talk much...but very loyal to her selected few friends.> > blessings> > Renu> >> > , "sunil nair">

astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > >> > > Hare rama krishna ,> > >> > > dear renu ji ,> > > > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a defect .As> > > the variation in size of organ need not contribute to the problem in> > > that area unless it has affected the function of the oragns .Also> myself> > > now confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .> > >> > > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is> unafflicted> > > ( which may show internal and external problem ) .> > > > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from birth> we> > > can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is> > > afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i agree but> see> >

> the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected> greatly> > > by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has drishti> of> > > shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or sani ) is> > > afflicted .> > > > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa at the> > > time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house> --both> > > maraka places ) and sub of rahu ( who is with sani -another maraka> lord> > > ) also sade sathi and other problems .> > > How is her married life ,also curious abt father and her profession> (> > > since there is parivarthan between 2nd and 9th Lords )> > >> > >> > >> > > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again venus ( as>

> > 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of> discussion> > > ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems to any> > > elder co borns .> > > > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted> > > ( as its 6th from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also show> > > diceases and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted ( but i> think> > > it can giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls kumbha as> > > hridroga rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this chart ?? as> > > natural 5th H is also afflicted heavily .> > > >> > > regrds sunilnair.> > >> > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > > > > > > >

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Dear Renu ji, As the lone original presenter of Jataka Chandrika puts it, Kendradhipatya dosha is applicable ONLY for the calculation of Dasa/Antara that can cause death, while using Vimsottari dasa to determine the same; using Natal chart. This concept deoes not have application anywhere else as per the sages. But similar to the numerous other SJC stupidities propogated, along with Maranakaraka stana, Kala sarpa dosha etc Kendradhipatya dosha is also gaining net popularity and helping many to fill their pockets and create a carrier out of it. :=) Like the priests having a deposite in the devil and fear, they have a big deposite in all such fear generating/causing stupidities - and as we could see - it is just natural when looked from the perspective of their purpose. :=) Love and regards,Sreenadh , Krishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Renu ji,> > Yes, as you have rightly pointed out, not everyone uses Kendradhipatya dosha in natal charts. However, I find it applicable to the natal charts as well.> > Regards,> Krishna > > renunw renunw wrote:> Dear Krishna ji,> > There seem to be lot of afflictions to Venus indicating > kidneys...from her birth. If I get to know anything new regarding > her illness I will send the feedback :)> > "Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha."> > Is this applicable to natal horoscope? I have read somewhere that > kendradhipatya dosha is not valid as far as the natal horoscope is > considered.> > Please correct me if I am wrong...Thanks.> > blessings> > Renu> > , Krishnamurthy > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > Thanks for the link. I got the birth details.> > > > Dear Renu ji,> > > > I observe the following from the chart:> > > > - Moon is in the 8th, with retrograde Jupiter, certainly > afflicted. 12th lord Mars occupies the nakshatra of Moon.> > > > - Though Sun has combust both Mercury and Mars, please note that > he is also afflicted by the close contact of two malefics (Mars is > also the 12th lord, and Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha). Also, > Sun's dispositor Sat is retrograde and with Rahu.> > > > - Sat and Rahu sits in the nakshatra of Venus (Kidneys). > Dispositor of Venus is retrograde and in 8th. Venus does not get any > beenfic aspects. Fifth house represents kidneys. Its lord Mars is > combust.> > > > - The native is born during Sat-Sat period (who afflicts Venus)> > > > People might argue that Mars and Jupiter are both exalted. But, > unfortunately, Mars is combust and Jupiter is retrograde. This > prevents them from giving the results of exaltation.> > > > Looking at all this, it is quite possible that the doctors were > correct.> > > > Regards,> > Krishna> > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > Dear Krishna ji,> > The birth details are already shared :) Check this link:> > /message/7205> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > > > , Krishnamurthy> > Seetharama <krishna_1998@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear Renu ji,> > >> > > What I have read somewhere is that if both the luminaries are> > afflicted in the chart, then there is a strong chance of some > congenital> > defect in the native. Probably, the house of affliction and/or > planets> > afflicted could give an indication of the nature and area of > problem.> > >> > > I have not read the entire thread. But, looks like you have not > shared> > the birth details of this native. If you wouldn't like to share the> > birth details for some reason it is OK. In that case, please let > me know> > if both the luminaries are afflicted in the birth chart. If > possible,> > please do share the birth details.> > >> > > Regards,> > > Krishna> > >> > > renunw renunw@ wrote:> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a defect .As > the> > variation in size of organ need not contribute to the problem in > that> > area unless it has affected the function of the oragns .Also > myself now> > confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .> > > I agree. Doctors will always give a reason which may be based on > facts> > when the medical reports support or otherwise based on some guess> > work....assuming that we the patients would believe whatever they > say.> > > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is > unafflicted> > ( which may show internal and external problem ) .> > > In lagna chart 6th lord is not afflicted. But in navamsha, 6HL is> > conjunct with debilitated Mars in 8th house.> > > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from > birth we> > can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is> > afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i agree > but see> > the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected > greatly> > by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has > drishti of> > shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or sani ) is> > afflicted .> > > Thanks ..for directing me towards this angle as well :)> > > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa at > the> > time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house --> both> > maraka places ) and sub of rahu ( who is with sani -another maraka > lord> > ) also sade sathi and other problems .> > > Exactly.> > > How is her married life ,> > > She is not married yet. No relationship with a boy even so far. > Mother> > is worried that she is not married but at the same time mother > thinks it> > is not fair to give her in marriage with her disease.> > > also curious abt father> > > Not a very good relationship with her father. They don't talk > much> > with each other. Reason: father had been very very strict in her> > childhood. That was one reason that she never wanted to get > involved> > with a boy. She expressed her inner torments through her > painitngs. But> > basically ...father is a good person....She moved out of parents' > house> > as she was not happy with the father.....about 1 1/2 years ago.> > > and her profession ( since there is parivarthan between 2nd and > 9th> > Lords )> > > She is Chartered Architect....doing well. Please tell me what> > relevence this got to do with parivarthana between 2nd and 9th > house> > lords...Of course this would mean that she would have good income.> > Right? [i am learning]> > > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again venus > ( as> > 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of > discussion> > ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems to > any> > elder co borns .> > > Sounds interesting. Just for your knowledge...she has an elder > sister> > and two younger brohers. All well educated and professionaly well> > settled. The elder sister is not keen in marriage [another worry > to the> > parents] ....but no health problems so far.> > >> > > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted > ( as> > its 6th from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also show > diceases> > and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted ( but i think it > can> > giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls kumbha as > hridroga> > rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this chart ?? as > natural 5th> > H is also afflicted heavily .> > > Her high blood pressure may be due to some heart disease....May > be> > another day in future another doctor will come up with a heart > related> > diagnosis.....then you will be the first informed person by me :) > But I> > pray and hope that she will be back to normal. She is a sweet> > girl....doesn't talk much...but very loyal to her selected few > friends.> > > blessings> > > Renu> > >> > > , "sunil nair"> > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Hare rama krishna ,> > > >> > > > dear renu ji ,> > > > > > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a > defect .As> > > > the variation in size of organ need not contribute to the > problem in> > > > that area unless it has affected the function of the > oragns .Also> > myself> > > > now confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .> > > >> > > > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is> > unafflicted> > > > ( which may show internal and external problem ) .> > > > > > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from > birth> > we> > > > can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is> > > > afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i > agree but> > see> > > > the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected> > greatly> > > > by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has > drishti> > of> > > > shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or > sani ) is> > > > afflicted .> > > > > > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa > at the> > > > time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house> > --both> > > > maraka places ) and sub of rahu ( who is with sani -another > maraka> > lord> > > > ) also sade sathi and other problems .> > > > How is her married life ,also curious abt father and her > profession> > (> > > > since there is parivarthan between 2nd and 9th Lords )> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again > venus ( as> > > > 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of> > discussion> > > > ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems > to any> > > > elder co borns .> > > > > > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted> > > > ( as its 6th from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also > show> > > > diceases and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted ( > but i> > think> > > > it can giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls > kumbha as> > > > hridroga rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this > chart ?? as> > > > natural 5th H is also afflicted heavily .> > > > > >> > > > regrds sunilnair.> > > >> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> >> > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Guest guest

Namaste Sreenadhji,

Kendradipatya dosha, in my opinion applies to guru and budh as when they become kendra lords both their lordship signs become kendra signs. As per laghu parashari, the kedra lord becomes neother malefic not benefic or neutral. So how to treat guru or budh when they own kendras? For other planets ( except for sun and moon) they have lordship of other houses and they can be qulified as benefic or malefic.

Not sure whether sun and moon also get kendra dosha or not.

I have not found any concrete evidence to form an opinion of kendra dosha of guru budh, ravi or chandra.

On Jan 27, 2008 11:49 PM, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

Dear Renu ji, As the lone original presenter of Jataka Chandrika puts it, Kendradhipatya dosha is applicable ONLY for the calculation of Dasa/Antara that can cause death, while using Vimsottari dasa to determine the same; using Natal chart. This concept deoes not have application anywhere else as per the sages.

But similar to the numerous other SJC stupidities propogated, along with Maranakaraka stana, Kala sarpa dosha etc Kendradhipatya dosha is also gaining net popularity and helping many to fill their pockets and create a carrier out of it. :=) Like the priests having a deposite in the devil and fear, they have a big deposite in all such fear generating/causing stupidities - and as we could see - it is just natural when looked from the perspective of their purpose. :=)

Love and regards,Sreenadh , Krishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:

>> Dear Renu ji,> > Yes, as you have rightly pointed out, not everyone uses Kendradhipatya dosha in natal charts. However, I find it applicable to the natal charts as well.> > Regards,

> Krishna > > renunw renunw wrote:> Dear Krishna ji,> > There seem to be lot of afflictions to Venus indicating > kidneys...from her birth. If I get to know anything new regarding

> her illness I will send the feedback :)> > " Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha. " > > Is this applicable to natal horoscope? I have read somewhere that > kendradhipatya dosha is not valid as far as the natal horoscope is

> considered.> > Please correct me if I am wrong...Thanks.> > blessings> > Renu> > , Krishnamurthy

> Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > > > Thanks for the link. I got the birth details.> > > > Dear Renu ji,> > > > I observe the following from the chart:

> > > > - Moon is in the 8th, with retrograde Jupiter, certainly > afflicted. 12th lord Mars occupies the nakshatra of Moon.> > > > - Though Sun has combust both Mercury and Mars, please note that

> he is also afflicted by the close contact of two malefics (Mars is > also the 12th lord, and Mercury has kendradhipatya dosha). Also, > Sun's dispositor Sat is retrograde and with Rahu.> >

> > - Sat and Rahu sits in the nakshatra of Venus (Kidneys). > Dispositor of Venus is retrograde and in 8th. Venus does not get any > beenfic aspects. Fifth house represents kidneys. Its lord Mars is

> combust.> > > > - The native is born during Sat-Sat period (who afflicts Venus)> > > > People might argue that Mars and Jupiter are both exalted. But, > unfortunately, Mars is combust and Jupiter is retrograde. This

> prevents them from giving the results of exaltation.> > > > Looking at all this, it is quite possible that the doctors were > correct.> > > > Regards,> > Krishna

> > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > Dear Krishna ji,> > The birth details are already shared :) Check this link:> > /message/7205

> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > > > , Krishnamurthy

> > Seetharama <krishna_1998@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear Renu ji,> > >> > > What I have read somewhere is that if both the luminaries are> > afflicted in the chart, then there is a strong chance of some

> congenital> > defect in the native. Probably, the house of affliction and/or > planets> > afflicted could give an indication of the nature and area of > problem.> > >

> > > I have not read the entire thread. But, looks like you have not > shared> > the birth details of this native. If you wouldn't like to share the> > birth details for some reason it is OK. In that case, please let

> me know> > if both the luminaries are afflicted in the birth chart. If > possible,> > please do share the birth details.> > >> > > Regards,> > > Krishna

> > >> > > renunw renunw@ wrote:> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a defect .As > the> > variation in size of organ need not contribute to the problem in

> that> > area unless it has affected the function of the oragns .Also > myself now> > confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .> > > I agree. Doctors will always give a reason which may be based on

> facts> > when the medical reports support or otherwise based on some guess> > work....assuming that we the patients would believe whatever they > say.> > > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is

> unafflicted> > ( which may show internal and external problem ) .> > > In lagna chart 6th lord is not afflicted. But in navamsha, 6HL is> > conjunct with debilitated Mars in 8th house.

> > > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from > birth we> > can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is> > afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i agree

> but see> > the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected > greatly> > by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has > drishti of> > shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or sani ) is

> > afflicted .> > > Thanks ..for directing me towards this angle as well :)> > > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa at > the> > time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house --

> both> > maraka places ) and sub of rahu ( who is with sani -another maraka > lord> > ) also sade sathi and other problems .> > > Exactly.> > > How is her married life ,

> > > She is not married yet. No relationship with a boy even so far. > Mother> > is worried that she is not married but at the same time mother > thinks it> > is not fair to give her in marriage with her disease.

> > > also curious abt father> > > Not a very good relationship with her father. They don't talk > much> > with each other. Reason: father had been very very strict in her> > childhood. That was one reason that she never wanted to get

> involved> > with a boy. She expressed her inner torments through her > painitngs. But> > basically ...father is a good person....She moved out of parents' > house> > as she was not happy with the father.....about 1 1/2 years ago.

> > > and her profession ( since there is parivarthan between 2nd and > 9th> > Lords )> > > She is Chartered Architect....doing well. Please tell me what> > relevence this got to do with parivarthana between 2nd and 9th

> house> > lords...Of course this would mean that she would have good income.> > Right? [i am learning]> > > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again venus > ( as

> > 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of > discussion> > ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems to > any> > elder co borns .> > > Sounds interesting. Just for your knowledge...she has an elder

> sister> > and two younger brohers. All well educated and professionaly well> > settled. The elder sister is not keen in marriage [another worry > to the> > parents] ....but no health problems so far.

> > >> > > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted > ( as> > its 6th from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also show > diceases> > and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted ( but i think it

> can> > giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls kumbha as > hridroga> > rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this chart ?? as > natural 5th> > H is also afflicted heavily .

> > > Her high blood pressure may be due to some heart disease....May > be> > another day in future another doctor will come up with a heart > related> > diagnosis.....then you will be the first informed person by me :)

> But I> > pray and hope that she will be back to normal. She is a sweet> > girl....doesn't talk much...but very loyal to her selected few > friends.> > > blessings> > > Renu

> > >> > > , " sunil nair " > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > >> > > > Hare rama krishna ,> > > >> > > > dear renu ji ,> > > > > > I doubt the statement of doctors that she born with a > defect .As

> > > > the variation in size of organ need not contribute to the > problem in> > > > that area unless it has affected the function of the > oragns .Also> > myself> > > > now confused the planet which is karak for kidneys .

> > > >> > > > here in chart the 6th from chart or from natural chart is> > unafflicted> > > > ( which may show internal and external problem ) .> > > > > > But if we follow by bhava ,karaka ,lord theorey and dasa from

> birth> > we> > > > can find that 6th house is stronger in ashta varga ,6th Lord is> > > > afllicted by rahu ( some says rahu has no drishti again i > agree but> > see

> > > > the tatwa of planets and the traits of planets can be affected> > greatly> > > > by trikona placement of malefics ) who is with sani ,6th has > drishti> > of

> > > > shani and karaka for diseases and mishapps ( take rahu or > sani ) is> > > > afflicted .> > > > > > Also from birth onwards dasa s r not that favrable .also dasa

> at the> > > > time of problem may be merc ( 7th lord also placed in 2nd house> > --both> > > > maraka places ) and sub of rahu ( who is with sani -another > maraka

> > lord> > > > ) also sade sathi and other problems .> > > > How is her married life ,also curious abt father and her > profession> > (> > > > since there is parivarthan between 2nd and 9th Lords )

> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > this my opionion and i find tru another calculation again > venus ( as> > > > 6th and 11th lord ) is very weak which is beyond the scope of

> > discussion> > > > ,but need deeper probe to see how as 11th it may giv problems > to any> > > > elder co borns .> > > > > > Also another thought i read some where if Kumbha rasi afflicted

> > > > ( as its 6th from kanya rasi (natural 6th house ) it can also > show> > > > diceases and here ketu in rasi and Lord sani is afflicted ( > but i> > think> > > > it can giv hridroga 9heart diseases ,and yavancharya calls

> kumbha as> > > > hridroga rasi -so is it indicates heart diseases in this > chart ?? as> > > > natural 5th H is also afflicted heavily .> > > > > >

> > > > regrds sunilnair.> > > >> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> >> > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

>

Guest guest

Felicia wrote:

> Curiously, though, even with a Libra Asc and Venus conj Desc, I am not a

> social butterfly. In fact, I hate parties and social (only) events,

> prefering to spend time with friends on a one-on-one basis. I have a few

> good, close relationships with friends, co-workers, family members, but

> most of them don't know each other. I just seem to treat my relationships

> in a compartimentalized way.

Sari:

I would say that this might fit well with sidereal Libra. If we keep on the

idea that " masculine " means inner-directed, soul or spirit directed,

introverted, (in the Jungian sense) and Solar; and " feminine " means

outer-directed, physical/substantial, body directed and extraverted (again

in the Jungian sense) and Lunar, then Venus - a watery and feminine planet -

would be a social and quite an extraverted planet by its basic nature.

Ibn Ezra wrote about Venus in the 12th century:

" ...of human nature [she denotes] cleanliness, friendship, laughter,

playfulness, merriment, dance, pleasant talk, love, adultery, playing dice,

generosity, excessive lust for everything, false testimony, tendency towards

drunkenness, natural and unnatural sexual intercourse, love of children,

fondness of the marketplace, and in general love of justice and of places of

worship... "

Then Bonatti in the 13th century:

" ...And Venereal men are of games and laughter and dancing, and gladness and

joy, and freely using food and drink in company; and Venereal men get drunk

more quickly than others, and they trust in others, and often are deceived

by them. And Venus signifies esteem, generosity, love and justice, and the

like... "

And finally William Lilly in the 17th century:

" ...loving mirth in his words and actions, cleanly in apparel, rather

drinking much than gluttonous, prone to venery, oft entangled in

love-matters, zealous in their affections, musical, delighting in baths and

all honest merry meetings, or masks and stage-plays, easy of belief, and not

given to labour or taking any pains, a company-keeper, cheerful, nothing

mistrustful... "

BUT Libra is the masculine/diurnal home of Venus, so it represtents the

introverted, airy, idealistic and kind side of Venus. Then, though Libra is

ruled by Venus, it's not so extraverted or utterly social sign, because it's

an airy sign and sidereal air is a sensitive and inner-directed element.

Taurus on the other hand represents the extraverted, materialistic, sensual

and sensation-directed side of Venus, because it's a feminine earth sign

(femininity - extraversion).

Then your Venus is in Aries where it behaves in a non-typical way. I told

about my husband who has Venus in Aries, and he's quite an unsocial person,

he doesn't like people much. Of course there's many reasons for that, but

since his Venus dasha started in 2000 he's became more unsocial than ever.

So I would say that the sensual, deep and passionate part of tropical

Scorpio/sidereal Libra comes from Venus, but the introverted sensitivity

comes from sidereal air. I wouldn't call sidereal Libra a melancholic sign

as such. I found a couple of examples of prominent Libra:

Rosemary DeCamp (Jupiter, the ascendant, Mars, Venus, Ketu, the Sun and

Mercury in Libra: " ...Despite becoming totally deaf during the later years

of her life, she remained as cheerful, positive and upbeat as ever and

stayed in communication with her friends by using a typewriter... "

Ronald W. Howland (Mercury, Mars, Venus, the Moon and the Sun in Libra:

" ...His recreation centers on astrology, writing and historic research along

with dining out and enjoying the company of friends... "

Felicia wrote:

> I can be totally unsociable in group or social situations. My

> interactions usually serve some purpose other than just being social,

> usually having something interesting to share, discuss, or to be of

> comfort to each other, or to learn and help each other.

Sari:

I would connect this with Venus in Aries -> interactions have a purpose, a

goal - a fiery quality - it may be that sidereal fire is the most

intellectually sharp element after all. Ancients connected the Sun with

intellect among other things.

Felicia wrote:

> I also have a great love for humour, good, clean, real-life humour. I

> don't know where that shows up in my chart, but it's another important

> part of the child within me.

Sari:

Remember how Lilly wrote about " delighting in all honest merry meetings " ...!

Best, Sari

Guest guest

Thanks, Sari, for such an insightful analysis! I love the research material,

too!

I'm learning in leaps and bounds these past few days after meeting you,

Therese, Patrice, Bettina, Chris and Shiv. The universe is really favoring me

these days...:-)

Felicia

Sari M <gerdapp wrote:

Felicia wrote:

> Curiously, though, even with a Libra Asc and Venus conj Desc, I am not a

> social butterfly. In fact, I hate parties and social (only) events,

> prefering to spend time with friends on a one-on-one basis. I have a few

> good, close relationships with friends, co-workers, family members, but

> most of them don't know each other. I just seem to treat my relationships

> in a compartimentalized way.

Sari:

I would say that this might fit well with sidereal Libra. If we keep on the

idea that " masculine " means inner-directed, soul or spirit directed,

introverted, (in the Jungian sense) and Solar; and " feminine " means

outer-directed, physical/substantial, body directed and extraverted (again

in the Jungian sense) and Lunar, then Venus - a watery and feminine planet -

would be a social and quite an extraverted planet by its basic nature.

Ibn Ezra wrote about Venus in the 12th century:

" ...of human nature [she denotes] cleanliness, friendship, laughter,

playfulness, merriment, dance, pleasant talk, love, adultery, playing dice,

generosity, excessive lust for everything, false testimony, tendency towards

drunkenness, natural and unnatural sexual intercourse, love of children,

fondness of the marketplace, and in general love of justice and of places of

worship... "

Then Bonatti in the 13th century:

" ...And Venereal men are of games and laughter and dancing, and gladness and

joy, and freely using food and drink in company; and Venereal men get drunk

more quickly than others, and they trust in others, and often are deceived

by them. And Venus signifies esteem, generosity, love and justice, and the

like... "

And finally William Lilly in the 17th century:

" ...loving mirth in his words and actions, cleanly in apparel, rather

drinking much than gluttonous, prone to venery, oft entangled in

love-matters, zealous in their affections, musical, delighting in baths and

all honest merry meetings, or masks and stage-plays, easy of belief, and not

given to labour or taking any pains, a company-keeper, cheerful, nothing

mistrustful... "

BUT Libra is the masculine/diurnal home of Venus, so it represtents the

introverted, airy, idealistic and kind side of Venus. Then, though Libra is

ruled by Venus, it's not so extraverted or utterly social sign, because it's

an airy sign and sidereal air is a sensitive and inner-directed element.

Taurus on the other hand represents the extraverted, materialistic, sensual

and sensation-directed side of Venus, because it's a feminine earth sign

(femininity - extraversion).

Then your Venus is in Aries where it behaves in a non-typical way. I told

about my husband who has Venus in Aries, and he's quite an unsocial person,

he doesn't like people much. Of course there's many reasons for that, but

since his Venus dasha started in 2000 he's became more unsocial than ever.

So I would say that the sensual, deep and passionate part of tropical

Scorpio/sidereal Libra comes from Venus, but the introverted sensitivity

comes from sidereal air. I wouldn't call sidereal Libra a melancholic sign

as such. I found a couple of examples of prominent Libra:

Rosemary DeCamp (Jupiter, the ascendant, Mars, Venus, Ketu, the Sun and

Mercury in Libra: " ...Despite becoming totally deaf during the later years

of her life, she remained as cheerful, positive and upbeat as ever and

stayed in communication with her friends by using a typewriter... "

Ronald W. Howland (Mercury, Mars, Venus, the Moon and the Sun in Libra:

" ...His recreation centers on astrology, writing and historic research along

with dining out and enjoying the company of friends... "

Felicia wrote:

> I can be totally unsociable in group or social situations. My

> interactions usually serve some purpose other than just being social,

> usually having something interesting to share, discuss, or to be of

> comfort to each other, or to learn and help each other.

Sari:

I would connect this with Venus in Aries -> interactions have a purpose, a

goal - a fiery quality - it may be that sidereal fire is the most

intellectually sharp element after all. Ancients connected the Sun with

intellect among other things.

Felicia wrote:

> I also have a great love for humour, good, clean, real-life humour. I

> don't know where that shows up in my chart, but it's another important

> part of the child within me.

Sari:

Remember how Lilly wrote about " delighting in all honest merry meetings " ...!

Best, Sari

Guest guest

At 05:32 PM 3/20/08 +0200, Sari wrote:

>

>I would say that this might fit well with sidereal Libra. If we keep on the

>idea that " masculine " means inner-directed, soul or spirit directed,

>introverted, (in the Jungian sense) and Solar; and " feminine " means

>outer-directed, physical/substantial, body directed and extraverted (again

>in the Jungian sense) and Lunar, then Venus - a watery and feminine planet -

>would be a social and quite an extraverted planet by its basic nature.

Sari, I tend to think that the planets are more all inclusive, and

considering Venus as feminine and thus social and extraverted might not

follow. In the case of Venus 'feminine' may mainly mean a more receptive

nature, but not necessarily social. Look at Felicia and myself. We both

have a strongly angular Venus, and neither of us likes social situations.

Bottom line is that planets are not signs and vice versa. We still have a

lot of learning and experimenting to do.

The quotes you gave are interesting for study, but everything the older

writers said is not necessarily true. Also cultures change, and the way we

use the planets will also change. Everything is moving, changing...

>BUT Libra is the masculine/diurnal home of Venus, so it represtents the

>introverted, airy, idealistic and kind side of Venus. Then, though Libra is

>ruled by Venus...

As I've written in my (as yet unpublished) chapter on Libra, Libra

represents the social responsibility of marriage--its service to the state.

I don't think any sign represents 'airy, idealisstic, kind' side of a

planet. The signs are merely our particular roles and activities.

We do agree on femininity (re: signs) as more social and extraverted and

masculine (signs) as more self-contained and inner directed.

>Rosemary DeCamp (Jupiter, the ascendant, Mars, Venus, Ketu, the Sun and

>Mercury in Libra: " ...Despite becoming totally deaf during the later years

>of her life, she remained as cheerful, positive and upbeat as ever and

>stayed in communication with her friends by using a typewriter... "

Right! Jupiter is part of the stellium. Planets are always more powerful

than signs. Also if any of these planets are in Libra's Jupiter mansion,

that mansion has a different energy than the Rahu mansion.

Therese

Guest guest

Dear Vic

yes u got most things righ here

SukrACHARYA

LAKSHMI

u must add durga and other shaktif orms as well DEPENDS ON VARIUOS VARGAS IT

IS IN APART FROM THE STAR in which it is placed, aspects on it...

ABOUT SUKRA CHARYA A MALE AND THE FEMAL DEITIES IT IS A GOOD QUESTION BUT

THESE HAVE different points to consider like wise u may have different adhi

devatas for different stars

say Bharini a sukra's star the adhi devata is Yama the god of death, this is

a form of Shiva again

as u move along reading both our scriptures and Jyotishya works u will get

closer

best wishes

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Vic D <vicdicara wrote:

> Why is Venus called Shukra? Is this for ShukrAcArya Guru of Asuras,

> father of Shanda and Amarka, teachers of Prahlad Maharaj? If so, is it

> true that Venus is depicted as Laxmi holding the Veena? Since the

> gender of Venus is Female, I don't get the Shukra connection, but I

> fully get the Laxmi connection.

>

> (In fact, " Veena " sounds an aweful lot like " Venus " .)

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

Bhigu has given the results of placement of Venus in Lagna and will depend and

modified

according to its avastha's and strength.

Lord ship of the houses will change its Swabhava-nature.

Regards,

G.K.GOEL

renunw <renunw

Thursday, 24 January, 2008 6:43:52 PM

Re: Venus

Dear Neelam ji,

" When he is the lord of the 8th or 6th house he will be in the first

house, in his own sign Libra or Taurus ...... "

Let me add to this that if Venus is lord of the 8th house, not only

Libra but Pisces also can be the ascendant. Since it is exalted

there...rest of your notes are valid here too :}

blessings

Renu

ancient_indian_ astrology, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07@ ...> wrote:

>

> Dear Friends,

> This is what shukracharya will do when in lagan:

>

> According to Bhrigu Sutra:

> If Venus is in the ascendant the native will be proficient in

mathematics

> and long-lived. He will be loved by his wife, fond of ornaments,

good

> dresses and beauty. He will be liked by women, will be wealthy and

> learned.

>

> If Venus is in conjunction with a benefic, the native will have a

lustrous

> body shining like gold and will own many ornaments.

>

> If Venus is associated with of aspected by a malefic or is in his

sign of

> debilitation (Virgo), the native will be a thief and a cheat and

will suffer

> from rheumatic and phlegmatic diseases.

>

> If the lord of the first is associated with Rahu the native will

suffer from

> hydrocele.

>

> If Venus is in the ascendant and the fourth house is occupied by a

benefic,

> the native will own elephants (conveyances) and enjoy high

prosperity.

>

> If Venus is in his own sign (Taurus or Libra) the native will

enjoy Maharaja

> yoga (great name, fame and wealth).

>

> If Venus is lord of the 8th, 6th or 12th.house or is weak, the

native will

> have two wives, his fortune will be fluctuating and he will be hard

> hearted.

>

> The effects given above are logical and relevant to the

significations of

> Venus and the first house. If Venus is lord of the 6th, 8th or

12th house,

> the native will suffer from evil effects mentioned therein. It is

to be

> noted that such effects may be realised if Venus is in the

ascendant is lord

> of the 12th house, it will not be so if he is lord of the 8th or

6th. When

> he is the lord of the 8th or 6th house he will be in the first

house, in his

> own sign Libra or Taurus and the effects of his being in his own

sign will

> prevail over the effects of the 8th or 6th house as already

accepted in the

> Bhrigu Sutra where it is said that if Venus is in his own sign

(Taurus or

> Libra) the native will enjoy Maharaja yoga.

>

> For Virgo, Capricorn and Aquarius ascendants, Venus is a yoga

karaka planet,

> being lord of 2nd and 9th houses, lord of 5th and 10th houses, and

lord of

> 4th and 9th houses, respectively. Such Venus in the ascendant will

prove

> immensely beneficial to the native and bring him, name, fame,

wealth,

> conveyances and all worldly comforts.

>

> If Venus in the ascendant is in his sign (Taurus or Libra) or in

his sign of

> exaltation, Malavya yoga (a Panch Mahapurusha yoga) will be

formed, the

> effects of which have been given as: The person has a graceful

appearance,

> fine and beautiful lips, slim waist, handsome body, deep voice,

sparkling

> teeth and bright complexion like the full Moon. The cheeks are

prominent,

> eyes bright, and a long upper limbs approaching the knees. The

person is

> learned, versed in the scriptures, has wealth, earns through own

effort.

> Having power, blessed with a spouse and progeny, the person enjoys

all

> comforts but is inclined towards extramaritial relationships.

Death will

> come at the age of 100.

>

> Other Views on venus in the ascendant are:

>

> Brihat Jatak-The person concerned will be skilled in amorous

sports (love

> affairs) and will be happy.

>

> Phaldeepika- The native will have an attractive body, charming eyes

and will

> be happy and long lived.

>

> Saravali-The native will be handsome in every respect, happy and

long-lived.

> He will be liked by women.

>

> Chamatkar Chintamani-The native will have an attractive body and

will like

> the company of noble persons. He will be suitable for the company

of

> beautiful

> women. He will perform pious deeds and will enjoy high class

comforts.

> Again, all the above authorities agree that Venus would be good in

the first

> house but Bhrigu Sutras arriving at the same conclusion have

dealt with the

> effects in

> more detail and much more appropriately after keeping the

significations of

> Venus and the first house in view.

>

> regards

> neelam

>

>

>

> On 24/01/2008, Sreenadh <sreesog > wrote:

> >

> > Dear Vijay ji,

> > Thanks for the input. It means that the derivation is OK.

[image: :)] You

> > see ancient astrology with out all those sidhanmsas and numerous

higher

> > vargas itself is dependable enough; and 'we can make dependable

predictions

> > even from fragments' (i.e. without considering the whole chart).

[image:

> > :)]

> > Love and regards,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> > ancient_indian_ astrology, Vijayanarasimha

H Pakka

> > <hpvijaynarasimha@ > wrote:

> > Re: [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Venus

> >

> > Hello Shreenadhji,

> >

> > Thanks for the interest. The truth about musical instruments and

me is:

> > 1. I went to learn tabla when I was about 10 years old, the guru

scolded

> > me because I was very bad. My fingers were not at all nimble and

finally

> > after 2 weeks, I had to leave.

> > 2. I than went to learn violin from a guru (my parents forced

me), but

> > again I was so bad that even after 4 sittings the guru was not

satisfied and

> > said that I should not learn any instrument from now onwards.

> > 3. Even now I try to play casio, but I cant even play basic

notes.

> >

> > 4. But, I am quite good at singing, I sang songs during my

college fest.

> > Even though I have never learnt anything from any sangeet guru,

I was able

> > to sing quite well, and many commended me for singing without

even learning

> > classical songs. My sisters, and friends regularly tell me that

my voice is

> > very good, but now I think its too late to learn classical songs

from any

> > guru and start singing. I am just contended to sing film songs

at occasions.

> > 5. I am very good rock song singer, I can vary my voice very

well to match

> > hard rock, metal, pop songs. The rock band in my college called

me to

> > practice with them, but I was too lazy (maybe because of mercury

in 12th)

> > and lost a golden oppurtunity.

> > 6. I am very much interested in all kinds of music (carnatic,

hindustani,

> > western, rock, metal, pop, film songs, intrument music), almost

everything.

> > Infact I cant concentrate in my studies without listening to

songs. I have

> > almost thousands of songs on my computer and hundreds of

cassettes. Without

> > a headphone in my ear, I cant get proper sleep :) (its like

asthough a child

> > cant sleep without its mother singing to it).

> >

> > I couldnt persue singing as a profession, maybe because I was

lazy to

> > learn, or because I was so irritated with learning musical

instruments that

> > I didnt want to go to a guru to learn singing, or maybe I was

more inclined

> > towards academics..

> >

> >

> > Regards,

> > Vijay.

> >

> > *Sreenadh <sreesog. >* wrote:

> >

> > Dear Vijay ji,

> > That is all very interesting! :)

> > By the way - are you a musician (singer or instrument) too?

Because -

> > * Gemini - Instrument music (Sign shape: Male with drum and

female with

> > Veena)

> > * Mercury Venus exchange - interest in music

> > * 3rd lord Sun exalted - 3rd house signify throat and sun is

also

> > significator of sound (Sabda brahma); 3rd and 11th are also

hands,

> > indicating that you may use or master some musical instruments

used by both

> > hands - like drum or guitar.

> > * Jupiter (significator of sound) in 3rd house (throat/sound)

> > * 2nd (mouth) lord with Sun in 11th house.

> >

> > " Dwi tri samvada bhaval " (meaning, Since 2-3 or more points

indicate the

> > same) - speak out the same with confidence - it is said. That is

why

> > I thought of presenting this derivation. Please confirm or

negate.

> > Love and regards,

> > Sreenadh

> > > ancient_indian_ astrology,

Vijayanarasimha H Pakka

> > hpvijaynarasimha@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Thanks Shreenadhji,

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the excellent analysis of my chart. Most of the

things that

> > you mentioned are perfectly true.

> > > > 1. I have almost all material luxuries.

> > > > 2. I have extreme interest in occult sciences and am deeply

> > philosophical.

> > > > 3. Amavasya birth has also caused me to be mentally very

stable, but

> > since its drishti to lagan is 45 degrees and also since moon is

debilitated

> > in 12th in navamsha, I feel that most of the time I am under

depression,

> > mental worries, etc.

> > > > 4. Mandi and Gulika in 2nd house has indeed caused my very

much

> > financial problems. I am unable to find good jobs and am not

rich on my own

> > but am financially supported by my parents and my sisters.

> > > > 5. Sun (atmakaraka) exalted has made my ego shatter through

various

> > life experiences and I always try to wish good for the whole

world. I am

> > trying very hard to control my ego.

> > > > 6. Presently due to Rahu dasa, though I have gained a lot,

still I

> > have had to work hard for it.

> > > > 7. I have two elder sisters and my mother underwent a big

surgery and

> > had brainhaemorrage 6 years ago. She is fine now. I am very

deeply attached

> > to my mother and father. I have immense respect and love towards

my father

> > (sun is exalted in my horoscope) and always obey him. He has

struggled a lot

> > in life to come up.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks once again Shreenadh ji, and also may I mention that

my mother

> > is an astrologer and a mathematician (kataka lagna and mercury

exalted in

> > 3rd, and jupiter in 9th).

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for mentioning the verses about venus in lagna, I

shall

> > remember that for life. My personal view is that, venus can be

broadly

> > classified into two main streams:

> > > > 1. Luxuries, clothes, jewellery, arts, dance, songs, bed

pleasures,

> > women, attractive, etc.

> > > > 2. Excellent worldly knowledge, ability to judge people,

poet,

> > romantic writer, knower of all shastras, excellent arguments,

sweet speech,

> > likes the company of learned people, studies all subjects.

> > > >

> > > > Now, a person with venus in lagna has a mixture of both

these traits

> > depending on which lagna it is. For example, libra, taurus,

pisces lagnas

> > may exhibit the first stream of characters rather than the

second. Also the

> > influence of the type of planet also determines which stream of

characters

> > are more exhibited. Also Shreenadji, can you please state any

verse that

> > mentions the effects of venus in different lagnas, also venus

aspected by

> > different planets.

> > > >

> > > > Regards,

> > > > Vijay.

> > > >

> > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote: Dear Vijay ji,

> > > > You got an excellent Rajayoga - the mutual exchange between

12th lord

> > Venus and lagna lord Mercury for Gemini lagna produces a raja

yoga (the

> > exact reference I don't remember). Any way considering Ve as the

5th lord

> > and lagna as a Kendra also an exchange between them is

Rajayoga. :)

> > > > Sun exalted; 4 planets (including Ra) in 4th; Ke in 9th

giving special

> > interest in spirituality - overall a good horoscope; Amavasi

birth gives

> > interest in the occult as well. Any way the weak points are -

> > > > * 2nd lord Moon weak due to Amavasi; Gk in 2nd - could cause

problems

> > with economy, mother's health and so on. Suffered enough already

in 1990 to

> > 2000 period.

> > > > * 9th lord Saturn in the sign of Sun along with Ra; Ke in

9th - good

> > for spirituality but could cause problems in getting worldly

success in

> > silver spoon; you will have to fight to win the merit and reap

success.

> > > > * Now Rahu dasa running - Rahu in 3rd will give raja yoga -

even

> > though through hurdles.

> > > > Any way, excellent horoscope pointing to an eventful life

with enough

> > suffering and enough happiness - enjoy!

> > > > An individual with much responsibility and co-borns; Must

have

> > suffered due to 9th house ( luck/father/ punya). 4th (maternal

home/home)

> > seems to have under went a change - a turbulent period. Anyway,

all the best

> > - with you all success - as a writer as well. :)

> > > > Love and regards,

> > > > Sreenadh

> > > >

> > > > ancient_indian_ astrology,

Vijayanarasimha H

> > Pakka hpvijaynarasimha@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi all,

> > > > >

> > > > > Venus in Lagna does indeed make a person artistic, poetic,

very

> > learned, sensuous, luxury oriented, etc. But it is very

important to also

> > see which is the lagna and are there any aspects on Venus. For

example I

> > have noticed that Venus having some aspect of Mars makes them

good singers

> > (mars signifies throat), even if venus is not in lagna. Venus in

Taurus

> > makes one good at different arts, whereas Venus in Libra makes

one sensuous,

> > and one who loves to have women's company, ornaments, good

clothes, etc. I

> > have Venus in Gemini Lagna. And Venus is especially good for

Gemini lagna

> > persons (can anyone help me in locating the verse that mentions

this). Here,

> > I believe Venus makes the person extremely philosophical and

learned in many

> > areas of study, and most importantly poetic. This is true in my

case, as I

> > am not at all interested in facial make-ups, or jewellery. But I

am very

> > interested in knowing the truth about the universe, studying

many subjects

> > ranging from astrology

> > > to

> > > > > computer science to economics and history, I also write

poems. Also

> > I have curly hair and am quite good looking. Regarding women, I

like to be

> > with them, but have my senses under good control (maybe because

mercury is

> > in taurus in 12th house). I havent had any physical relationship

till now

> > (surprisingly) , even though I really like to be in love with

someone sincere

> > and beautiful. Venus in my case has pushed me to acquire lots of

knowledge,

> > rather than run behind luxurious things. Venus has also given me

good number

> > of vehicles and other luxuries, but I am not quite attracted

towards them. I

> > have venus in my lagna in almost all divisional charts (because

the degree

> > of venus and lagna is almost same). Please go thru my chart if

you want a

> > case study.

> > > > >

> > > > > 14-May-1980, 08.35 am, Bangalore.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am more than happy to reveal my innermost characters

(representing

> > lagna) for study. Hence I would recommend that we study venus

not only in

> > lagna but also the sign of the lagna and any aspects on venus.

> > > > >

> > > > > Regards,

> > > > > Vijay.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote: Dear All,

> > > > > Let us start discussing the effects of Venus in Lagna. The

> > lawyers/thread- owners for this thread are Vinita ji and Renu ji.

They have

> > the full right to argue in favor of Venus and its power to

produce

> > identifiable results when placed in Lagna. Try to argue against

him or in

> > support of them - validate the results with your own or with the

charts

> > known to you. I will start the discussion wth minimum inputs

(fro Bhrigu

> > sutra)-

> > > > > * If Venus is present in lagna the native would be

interested in

> > make-up, cosmetics, new and wonderful cloths, ornaments, women

etc. Will be

> > interested in mathamatics (accountancy? ). Will have long life

and will have

> > many good quolities like good education and wealth.

> > > > > * If Venus is in Lagna - the native would be fair in

color; or may

> > even have golden color like the wheat. If Venus in lagna and a

benefic in

> > 4th the native will have a four wheeler, even heavy vehicles.

> > > > > * If Venus in Lagna is aspected by malefic planets or

combust he

> > would lie, could be a thief, and will cheat others. He may have

diseases

> > caused by the imbalance of Vata and Kapha.

> > > > > So, here goes our group - Venus Centric.. ;) Hurah, to the

thread of

> > Renus ji and Vinita ji. :)

> > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > Sreenadh

Guest guest

Namaste Mr. Goel saab,

Is it possible to share the difference of Venus in Taurus & Libra ?? in

terms of the planetary traits ??

Can we discuss this as a small thread ??

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

, Gopal Goel

<gkgoel1937 wrote:

>

> Dear Sir,

>

> Bhigu has given the results of placement of Venus in Lagna and will

depend and modified

> according to its avastha's and strength.

> Lord ship of the houses will change its Swabhava-nature.

> Regards,

>

> G.K.GOEL

>

Guest guest

Dear Neelam Ji, Mr. Sreenadh and All,

Can you enlighten me by sharing your thoughts on my below queries?

please

Sage Bhrigu Says as you wrote:

//If Venus is in the ascendant the native will be proficient in

mathematics and long-lived. He will be loved by his wife, fond of

ornaments, good dresses and beauty. He will be liked by women, will be

wealthy and learned.//

What about Venus in Lagna in Woman's chart? Any major changes in

results? what are the general indications in female's chart?

My estranged Wife has Ve in Lagna and she doesn't even know how to

count the Moneny that i gave to her:-):-( forget about

Mathematics!!!:-)

I see and read almost all classics/Rishis refers as *HE* ONLY when

they explain Astrology... What about Woman? i am afraid i need to

take this issue with Renuka Chaudhary Ji:-):-) (just Pun intented)

For Gemini Ascendant Ve becomes 12HL

//If Venus is lord of the 8th, 6th or 12th.house or is weak, the

native will have two wives, his fortune will be fluctuating and he

will be hard hearted.//

Then how do we interpret Venus in Gemini Lagna and at the same time

12H Lord as well..?

I know lot of If's and But's are there in Astrology, and other

planetery combinations do affect/ulter/modify/change etc. And one

should not come to conclusion. BUT Sage Brighu MUST had some

observations and PRACTICAL knowledge without which he wouldn't have

mentioned like that..

So appreciate your inputs.

Regards

Chandu2Chill

P.S: Attention: Mr. Sreenadh and Moderators: This is NOT my Chart and

i am not asking for any Free predictions i am just taking this Lady's

chart as an example since i know little bit of her..

, " Sreenadh "

<sreesog wrote:

Dear Neelam ji,

In your mail the following section ONLY is the transilation of quotes

given by Sage Bhrigu in Bhrigu sutra -

==>

If Venus is in the ascendant the native will be proficient in

wealthy and learned.

If Venus is in conjunction with a benefic, the native will have a

lustrous body shining like gold and will own many ornaments.

If Venus is associated with of aspected by a malefic or is in his sign

of debilitation (Virgo), the native will be a thief and a cheat and

will suffer from rheumatic and phlegmatic diseases.

If the lord of the first is associated with Rahu the native will

suffer from hydrocele.

If Venus is in the ascendant and the fourth house is occupied by a

benefic, the native will own elephants (conveyances) and enjoy high

prosperity.

If Venus is in his own sign (Taurus or Libra) the native will enjoy

Maharaja yoga (great name, fame and wealth).

If Venus is lord of the 8th, 6th or 12th.house or is weak, the native

will have two wives, his fortune will be fluctuating and he will be

hard hearted.

Hope this helps.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

> , " neelam gupta "

> <neelamgupta07@> wrote:

Dear Friends,

This is what shukracharya will do when in lagan:

According to Bhrigu Sutra:

ornaments, good dresses and beauty. He will be liked by women, will

be wealthy and learned.

suffer from hydrocele.

prosperity.

hard hearted.

The effects given above are logical and relevant to the significations

of Venus and the first house. If Venus is lord of the 6th, 8th or 12th

house,the native will suffer from evil effects mentioned therein. It

is to be noted that such effects may be realised if Venus is in the

ascendant is lord of the 12th house, it will not be so if he is lord

of the 8th or 6th. When he is the lord of the 8th or 6th house he

will be in the first house, in his own sign Libra or Taurus and the

effects of his being in his own sign will prevail over the effects of

the 8th or 6th house as already accepted in the Bhrigu Sutra where it

is said that if Venus is in his own sign (Taurus or Libra) the native

will enjoy Maharaja yoga.

For Virgo, Capricorn and Aquarius ascendants, Venus is a yoga karaka

planet, being lord of 2nd and 9th houses, lord of 5th and 10th

houses, and lord of 4th and 9th houses, respectively. Such Venus in

the ascendant will prove immensely beneficial to the native and bring

him, name, fame, wealth, conveyances and all worldly comforts.

If Venus in the ascendant is in his sign (Taurus or Libra) or in his

sign of exaltation, Malavya yoga (a Panch Mahapurusha yoga) will be

formed, the effects of which have been given as: The person has a

graceful appearance,fine and beautiful lips, slim waist, handsome

body, deep voice, sparkling teeth and bright complexion like the full

Moon. The cheeks are prominent, eyes bright, and a long upper limbs

approaching the knees. The person is learned, versed in the

scriptures, has wealth, earns through own effort.

Having power, blessed with a spouse and progeny, the person enjoys all

comforts but is inclined towards extramaritial relationships. Death

> will come at the age of 100.

Other Views on venus in the ascendant are:

Brihat Jatak-The person concerned will be skilled in amorous sports

(love affairs) and will be happy.

Phaldeepika-The native will have an attractive body, charming eyes and

will be happy and long lived.

Saravali-The native will be handsome in every respect, happy and

long-lived. He will be liked by women.

Chamatkar Chintamani-The native will have an attractive body and will

like the company of noble persons. He will be suitable for the

company of beautifulwomen. He will perform pious deeds and will enjoy

high class comforts.

> > Again, all the above authorities agree that Venus would be good

in the first

> > house but Bhrigu Sutras arriving at the same conclusion have dealt

> with the

> > effects in

> > more detail and much more appropriately after keeping the

> significations of

> > Venus and the first house in view.

> >

> > regards

> > neelam

> >

> >

> >

> > On 24/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Vijay ji,

> > > Thanks for the input. It means that the derivation is OK.

[image:

> :)] You

> > > see ancient astrology with out all those sidhanmsas and numerous

> higher

> > > vargas itself is dependable enough; and 'we can make dependable

> predictions

> > > even from fragments' (i.e. without considering the whole chart).

> [image:

> > > :)]

> > > Love and regards,

> > > Sreenadh

> > >

> > > ,

Vijayanarasimha H

> Pakka

> > > hpvijaynarasimha@ wrote:

> > > Re: Re: Venus

> > >

> > > Hello Shreenadhji,

> > >

> > > Thanks for the interest. The truth about musical instruments

and me

> is:

> > > 1. I went to learn tabla when I was about 10 years old, the guru

> scolded

> > > me because I was very bad. My fingers were not at all nimble and

> finally

> > > after 2 weeks, I had to leave.

> > > 2. I than went to learn violin from a guru (my parents forced

me),

> but

> > > again I was so bad that even after 4 sittings the guru was not

> satisfied and

> > > said that I should not learn any instrument from now onwards.

> > > 3. Even now I try to play casio, but I cant even play basic

notes.

> > >

> > > 4. But, I am quite good at singing, I sang songs during my

college

> fest.

> > > Even though I have never learnt anything from any sangeet guru,

I

> was able

> > > to sing quite well, and many commended me for singing without

even

> learning

> > > classical songs. My sisters, and friends regularly tell me that

my

> voice is

> > > very good, but now I think its too late to learn classical songs

> from any

> > > guru and start singing. I am just contended to sing film songs

at

> occasions.

> > > 5. I am very good rock song singer, I can vary my voice very

well to

> match

> > > hard rock, metal, pop songs. The rock band in my college called

me

> to

> > > practice with them, but I was too lazy (maybe because of

mercury in

> 12th)

> > > and lost a golden oppurtunity.

> > > 6. I am very much interested in all kinds of music (carnatic,

> hindustani,

> > > western, rock, metal, pop, film songs, intrument music), almost

> everything.

> > > Infact I cant concentrate in my studies without listening to

songs.

> I have

> > > almost thousands of songs on my computer and hundreds of

cassettes.

> Without

> > > a headphone in my ear, I cant get proper sleep :) (its like

asthough

> a child

> > > cant sleep without its mother singing to it).

> > >

> > > I couldnt persue singing as a profession, maybe because I was

lazy

> to

> > > learn, or because I was so irritated with learning musical

> instruments that

> > > I didnt want to go to a guru to learn singing, or maybe I was

more

> inclined

> > > towards academics.

> > >

> > >

> > > Regards,

> > > Vijay.

> > >

> > > *Sreenadh sreesog@* wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Vijay ji,

> > > That is all very interesting! :)

> > > By the way - are you a musician (singer or instrument) too?

Because

> -

> > > * Gemini - Instrument music (Sign shape: Male with drum and

female

> with

> > > Veena)

> > > * Mercury Venus exchange - interest in music

> > > * 3rd lord Sun exalted - 3rd house signify throat and sun is

also

> > > significator of sound (Sabda brahma); 3rd and 11th are also

hands,

> > > indicating that you may use or master some musical instruments

used

> by both

> > > hands - like drum or guitar.

> > > * Jupiter (significator of sound) in 3rd house (throat/sound)

> > > * 2nd (mouth) lord with Sun in 11th house.

> > >

> > > " Dwi tri samvada bhaval " (meaning, Since 2-3 or more points

indicate

> the

> > > same) - speak out the same with confidence - it is said. That

is why

> > > I thought of presenting this derivation. Please confirm or

negate.

> > > Love and regards,

> > > Sreenadh

> > > > ,

Vijayanarasimha H

> Pakka

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks Shreenadhji,

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for the excellent analysis of my chart. Most of the

> things that

> > > you mentioned are perfectly true.

> > > > > 1. I have almost all material luxuries.

> > > > > 2. I have extreme interest in occult sciences and am deeply

> > > philosophical.

> > > > > 3. Amavasya birth has also caused me to be mentally very

stable,

> but

> > > since its drishti to lagan is 45 degrees and also since moon is

> debilitated

> > > in 12th in navamsha, I feel that most of the time I am under

> depression,

> > > mental worries, etc.

> > > > > 4. Mandi and Gulika in 2nd house has indeed caused my very

much

> > > financial problems. I am unable to find good jobs and am not

rich on

> my own

> > > but am financially supported by my parents and my sisters.

> > > > > 5. Sun (atmakaraka) exalted has made my ego shatter through

> various

> > > life experiences and I always try to wish good for the whole

world.

> I am

> > > trying very hard to control my ego.

> > > > > 6. Presently due to Rahu dasa, though I have gained a lot,

still

> I

> > > have had to work hard for it.

> > > > > 7. I have two elder sisters and my mother underwent a big

> surgery and

> > > had brainhaemorrage 6 years ago. She is fine now. I am very

deeply

> attached

> > > to my mother and father. I have immense respect and love

towards my

> father

> > > (sun is exalted in my horoscope) and always obey him. He has

> struggled a lot

> > > in life to come up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks once again Shreenadh ji, and also may I mention that

my

> mother

> > > is an astrologer and a mathematician (kataka lagna and mercury

> exalted in

> > > 3rd, and jupiter in 9th).

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for mentioning the verses about venus in lagna, I

shall

> > > remember that for life. My personal view is that, venus can be

> broadly

> > > classified into two main streams:

> > > > > 1. Luxuries, clothes, jewellery, arts, dance, songs, bed

> pleasures,

> > > women, attractive, etc.

> > > > > 2. Excellent worldly knowledge, ability to judge people,

poet,

> > > romantic writer, knower of all shastras, excellent arguments,

sweet

> speech,

> > > likes the company of learned people, studies all subjects.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, a person with venus in lagna has a mixture of both

these

> traits

> > > depending on which lagna it is. For example, libra, taurus,

pisces

> lagnas

> > > may exhibit the first stream of characters rather than the

second.

> Also the

> > > influence of the type of planet also determines which stream of

> characters

> > > are more exhibited. Also Shreenadji, can you please state any

verse

> that

> > > mentions the effects of venus in different lagnas, also venus

> aspected by

> > > different planets.

> > > > >

> > > > > Regards,

> > > > > Vijay.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote: Dear Vijay ji,

> > > > > You got an excellent Rajayoga - the mutual exchange between

12th

> lord

> > > Venus and lagna lord Mercury for Gemini lagna produces a raja

yoga

> (the

> > > exact reference I don't remember). Any way considering Ve as

the 5th

> lord

> > > and lagna as a Kendra also an exchange between them is

> > > > > Sun exalted; 4 planets (including Ra) in 4th; Ke in 9th

giving

> special

> > > interest in spirituality - overall a good horoscope; Amavasi

birth

> gives

> > > interest in the occult as well. Any way the weak points are -

> > > > > * 2nd lord Moon weak due to Amavasi; Gk in 2nd - could cause

> problems

> > > with economy, mother's health and so on. Suffered enough

already in

> 1990 to

> > > 2000 period.

> > > > > * 9th lord Saturn in the sign of Sun along with Ra; Ke in

9th -

> good

> > > for spirituality but could cause problems in getting worldly

success

> in

> > > silver spoon; you will have to fight to win the merit and reap

> success.

> > > > > * Now Rahu dasa running - Rahu in 3rd will give raja yoga -

even

> > > though through hurdles.

> > > > > Any way, excellent horoscope pointing to an eventful life

with

> enough

> > > suffering and enough happiness - enjoy!

> > > > > An individual with much responsibility and co-borns; Must

have

> > > suffered due to 9th house ( luck/father/punya). 4th (maternal

> home/home)

> > > seems to have under went a change - a turbulent period. Anyway,

all

> the best

> > > - with you all success - as a writer as well. :)

> > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > >

> > > > > ,

Vijayanarasimha

> H

> > > Pakka hpvijaynarasimha@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi all,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Venus in Lagna does indeed make a person artistic, poetic,

> very

> > > learned, sensuous, luxury oriented, etc. But it is very

important to

> also

> > > see which is the lagna and are there any aspects on Venus. For

> example I

> > > have noticed that Venus having some aspect of Mars makes them

good

> singers

> > > (mars signifies throat), even if venus is not in lagna. Venus in

> Taurus

> > > makes one good at different arts, whereas Venus in Libra makes

one

> sensuous,

> > > and one who loves to have women's company, ornaments, good

clothes,

> etc. I

> > > have Venus in Gemini Lagna. And Venus is especially good for

Gemini

> lagna

> > > persons (can anyone help me in locating the verse that mentions

> this). Here,

> > > I believe Venus makes the person extremely philosophical and

learned

> in many

> > > areas of study, and most importantly poetic. This is true in my

> case, as I

> > > am not at all interested in facial make-ups, or jewellery. But

I am

> very

> > > interested in knowing the truth about the universe, studying

many

> subjects

> > > ranging from astrology

> > > > to

> > > > > > computer science to economics and history, I also write

poems.

> Also

> > > I have curly hair and am quite good looking. Regarding women, I

> to be

> > > with them, but have my senses under good control (maybe because

> mercury is

> > > in taurus in 12th house). I havent had any physical relationship

> till now

> > > (surprisingly), even though I really like to be in love with

someone

> sincere

> > > and beautiful. Venus in my case has pushed me to acquire lots of

> knowledge,

> > > rather than run behind luxurious things. Venus has also given me

> good number

> > > of vehicles and other luxuries, but I am not quite attracted

towards

> them. I

> > > have venus in my lagna in almost all divisional charts (because

the

> degree

> > > of venus and lagna is almost same). Please go thru my chart if

you

> want a

> > > case study.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 14-May-1980, 08.35 am, Bangalore.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am more than happy to reveal my innermost characters

> (representing

> > > lagna) for study. Hence I would recommend that we study venus

not

> only in

> > > lagna but also the sign of the lagna and any aspects on venus.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Regards,

> > > > > > Vijay.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote: Dear All,

> > > > > > Let us start discussing the effects of Venus in Lagna. The

> > > lawyers/thread-owners for this thread are Vinita ji and Renu ji.

> They have

> > > the full right to argue in favor of Venus and its power to

produce

> > > identifiable results when placed in Lagna. Try to argue against

him

> or in

> > > support of them - validate the results with your own or with the

> charts

> > > known to you. I will start the discussion wth minimum inputs

(fro

> Bhrigu

> > > sutra)-

> > > > > > * If Venus is present in lagna the native would be

interested

> in

> > > make-up, cosmetics, new and wonderful cloths, ornaments, women

etc.

> Will be

> > > interested in mathamatics (accountancy?). Will have long life

and

> will have

> > > many good quolities like good education and wealth.

> > > > > > * If Venus is in Lagna - the native would be fair in

color; or

> may

> > > even have golden color like the wheat. If Venus in lagna and a

> benefic in

> > > 4th the native will have a four wheeler, even heavy vehicles.

> > > > > > * If Venus in Lagna is aspected by malefic planets or

combust

> he

> > > would lie, could be a thief, and will cheat others. He may have

> diseases

> > > caused by the imbalance of Vata and Kapha.

> > > > > > So, here goes our group - Venus Centric.. ;) Hurah, to the

> thread of

> > > Renus ji and Vinita ji. :)

> > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast

with

>

> > > Search.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> Mobile. Try

> > > it now.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile.

> Try

> > > it now.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Chanduchill ji,Namaste,

It is always a HE that

gets a mention in most of the classics of astrology. Basically it only reflects on the social

structure in the era when these classics were created.

In ancient India, astrology, like any other knowledge,

developed in King's courts. So in many of the classics you'll find results

suitable only for the kings, like elephants, palaces, horses, many wives, winning or

losing a war, etc. The classic Nripcharya deals with only kings and that is why

many of the politicians and bigwigs, taking a cue from there, do not share

their charts. (it is said in this classic that a king's chart should not be known to all, especially his enemies) In the male dominated

society at that time, women were home-bound, and served only as mothers,

sisters, wives and daughters, etc. Their lives were regulated by their

men-folk. So probably there was no need to know a female's future. It was

supposed to be dependent on the man. Even now, many husbands may never feel the

need to know the future of their non-working wives.

At the same time,

there are some classics like Strijataka devoted to female horoscopy, but mostly

describe the results with respect to her relations and one can see the

male-oriented approach of the classic, as if the classic is an aid in a man's

hands to find a good woman/wife. A woman is treated more like an object.

The feminists may not

like what has been done, but we have to accept history the way it was. If not

in astrology, women do find a good place in all religious texts and tantra… it may

also mean that women were revered and respected like devis… so one may find

solace any which way.

Having accepted that,

we must realize that the first lesson of astrology tells us to consider Desh-kaal-patra.

This arises out of the understanding that the principles given by our rishis

are sound and have withstood the tests of times and people. In patra, we need to consider

everything about the patra before making our judgments. It could be gender,

age, place of birth, place of upbringing, etc. We do not say that our rishis

have given dictums for Indians only and we should not apply them to an American

or an Arab Sheikh, even though they are poles apart and our astrology gets

thoroughly twisted.

Coming to your questions,

//I know lot of If's and But's are there in

Astrology, and other planetery combinations do affect/alter/modify/change etc.

And one should not come to conclusion. BUT Sage Brighu MUST had some observations

and PRACTICAL knowledge without which he wouldn't have mentioned like that.//

I really don't know what sage Bhrigu had in his mind, but you've

answered your question yourself.

//My estranged Wife has Ve in Lagna and she

doesn't even know how to count the Money that i gave to her:-):-( forget about Mathematics!!!:-)

A bit hard to believe that somebody can't

count money in this age!! When a planet is said to be responsible for certain trait, the same

trait suffers also when it gets afflicted. There are so many yogas given in

classics, but all come with a fine print saying 'apply with caution'.

Then how do we interpret Venus in Gemini

Lagna and at the same time 12H Lord as well.Again I would say, apply with caution and

go by logics. Lordship and placement strength are most important, and then the

influences, vargas, avastha, etc.

Venus in Gemini is 5L and 12L, 5H being the

mooltrikon house.LL mercury is a natural friend and both are

natural benefics. We should not forget this.Now if there is panchada maitri also, even

better.Venus in lagna would mean a friend in lagna

who is 5L ( a rajyog) and the 12L. Venus is happy with 12th lordship.Rest will depend on the influences and

other planetary placements and dashas in operation.Hope this clarifies.RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear ChanduChill-ji,

I agree with you.

My wife has Ve in Lagna (although in Parivartana with 4H Moon).

She is very weak in Maths. I had pointed out the same during the discussion

on Ve in different houses.

Regards

Chakraborty

Chandu2chill [nanna_id2006]

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:00 PM

Dear Neelam Ji, Mr. Sreenadh and All,

Can you enlighten me by sharing your thoughts on my below queries?

please

Sage Bhrigu Says as you wrote:

//If Venus is in the ascendant the native will be proficient in

wealthy and learned.//

What about Venus in Lagna in Woman's chart? Any major changes in

results? what are the general indications in female's chart?

My estranged Wife has Ve in Lagna and she doesn't even know how to

count the Moneny that i gave to her:-):-( forget about

Mathematics!!!:-)

I see and read almost all classics/Rishis refers as *HE* ONLY when

they explain Astrology... What about Woman? i am afraid i need to

take this issue with Renuka Chaudhary Ji:-):-) (just Pun intented)

For Gemini Ascendant Ve becomes 12HL

//If Venus is lord of the 8th, 6th or 12th.house or is weak, the

native will have two wives, his fortune will be fluctuating and he

will be hard hearted.//

Then how do we interpret Venus in Gemini Lagna and at the same time

12H Lord as well..?

I know lot of If's and But's are there in Astrology, and other

planetery combinations do affect/ulter/modify/change etc. And one

should not come to conclusion. BUT Sage Brighu MUST had some

observations and PRACTICAL knowledge without which he wouldn't have

mentioned like that..

So appreciate your inputs.

Regards

Chandu2Chill

P.S: Attention: Mr. Sreenadh and Moderators: This is NOT my Chart and

i am not asking for any Free predictions i am just taking this Lady's

chart as an example since i know little bit of her..

ancient_indian_ <%40>

astrology , " Sreenadh "

<sreesog wrote:

Dear Neelam ji,

In your mail the following section ONLY is the transilation of quotes

given by Sage Bhrigu in Bhrigu sutra -

==>

wealthy and learned.

suffer from hydrocele.

prosperity.

hard hearted.

Hope this helps.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

> ancient_indian_ <%40>

astrology , " neelam gupta "

Dear Friends,

This is what shukracharya will do when in lagan:

According to Bhrigu Sutra:

ornaments, good dresses and beauty. He will be liked by women, will

be wealthy and learned.

suffer from hydrocele.

prosperity.

hard hearted.

The effects given above are logical and relevant to the significations

of Venus and the first house. If Venus is lord of the 6th, 8th or 12th

house,the native will suffer from evil effects mentioned therein. It

is to be noted that such effects may be realised if Venus is in the

ascendant is lord of the 12th house, it will not be so if he is lord

of the 8th or 6th. When he is the lord of the 8th or 6th house he

will be in the first house, in his own sign Libra or Taurus and the

effects of his being in his own sign will prevail over the effects of

the 8th or 6th house as already accepted in the Bhrigu Sutra where it

is said that if Venus is in his own sign (Taurus or Libra) the native

will enjoy Maharaja yoga.

For Virgo, Capricorn and Aquarius ascendants, Venus is a yoga karaka

planet, being lord of 2nd and 9th houses, lord of 5th and 10th

houses, and lord of 4th and 9th houses, respectively. Such Venus in

the ascendant will prove immensely beneficial to the native and bring

him, name, fame, wealth, conveyances and all worldly comforts.

If Venus in the ascendant is in his sign (Taurus or Libra) or in his

sign of exaltation, Malavya yoga (a Panch Mahapurusha yoga) will be

formed, the effects of which have been given as: The person has a

graceful appearance,fine and beautiful lips, slim waist, handsome

body, deep voice, sparkling teeth and bright complexion like the full

Moon. The cheeks are prominent, eyes bright, and a long upper limbs

approaching the knees. The person is learned, versed in the

scriptures, has wealth, earns through own effort.

Having power, blessed with a spouse and progeny, the person enjoys all

comforts but is inclined towards extramaritial relationships. Death

> will come at the age of 100.

Other Views on venus in the ascendant are:

Brihat Jatak-The person concerned will be skilled in amorous sports

(love affairs) and will be happy.

Phaldeepika-The native will have an attractive body, charming eyes and

will be happy and long lived.

Saravali-The native will be handsome in every respect, happy and

long-lived. He will be liked by women.

Chamatkar Chintamani-The native will have an attractive body and will

like the company of noble persons. He will be suitable for the

company of beautifulwomen. He will perform pious deeds and will enjoy

high class comforts.

> > Again, all the above authorities agree that Venus would be good

in the first

> > house but Bhrigu Sutras arriving at the same conclusion have dealt

> with the

> > effects in

> > more detail and much more appropriately after keeping the

> significations of

> > Venus and the first house in view.

> >

> > regards

> > neelam

> >

> >

> >

> > On 24/01/2008, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Vijay ji,

> > > Thanks for the input. It means that the derivation is OK.

[image:

> :)] You

> > > see ancient astrology with out all those sidhanmsas and numerous

> higher

> > > vargas itself is dependable enough; and 'we can make dependable

> predictions

> > > even from fragments' (i.e. without considering the whole chart).

> [image:

> > > :)]

> > > Love and regards,

> > > Sreenadh

> > >

> > > ancient_indian_

<%40>

astrology ,

Vijayanarasimha H

> Pakka

> > > Re: Re: Venus

> > >

> > > Hello Shreenadhji,

> > >

> > > Thanks for the interest. The truth about musical instruments

and me

> is:

> > > 1. I went to learn tabla when I was about 10 years old, the guru

> scolded

> > > me because I was very bad. My fingers were not at all nimble and

> finally

> > > after 2 weeks, I had to leave.

> > > 2. I than went to learn violin from a guru (my parents forced

me),

> but

> > > again I was so bad that even after 4 sittings the guru was not

> satisfied and

> > > said that I should not learn any instrument from now onwards.

> > > 3. Even now I try to play casio, but I cant even play basic

notes.

> > >

> > > 4. But, I am quite good at singing, I sang songs during my

college

> fest.

> > > Even though I have never learnt anything from any sangeet guru,

I

> was able

> > > to sing quite well, and many commended me for singing without

even

> learning

> > > classical songs. My sisters, and friends regularly tell me that

my

> voice is

> > > very good, but now I think its too late to learn classical songs

> from any

> > > guru and start singing. I am just contended to sing film songs

at

> occasions.

> > > 5. I am very good rock song singer, I can vary my voice very

well to

> match

> > > hard rock, metal, pop songs. The rock band in my college called

me

> to

> > > practice with them, but I was too lazy (maybe because of

mercury in

> 12th)

> > > and lost a golden oppurtunity.

> > > 6. I am very much interested in all kinds of music (carnatic,

> hindustani,

> > > western, rock, metal, pop, film songs, intrument music), almost

> everything.

> > > Infact I cant concentrate in my studies without listening to

songs.

> I have

> > > almost thousands of songs on my computer and hundreds of

cassettes.

> Without

> > > a headphone in my ear, I cant get proper sleep :) (its like

asthough

> a child

> > > cant sleep without its mother singing to it).

> > >

> > > I couldnt persue singing as a profession, maybe because I was

lazy

> to

> > > learn, or because I was so irritated with learning musical

> instruments that

> > > I didnt want to go to a guru to learn singing, or maybe I was

more

> inclined

> > > towards academics.

> > >

> > >

> > > Regards,

> > > Vijay.

> > >

> > > *Sreenadh sreesog@* wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Vijay ji,

> > > That is all very interesting! :)

> > > By the way - are you a musician (singer or instrument) too?

Because

> -

> > > * Gemini - Instrument music (Sign shape: Male with drum and

female

> with

> > > Veena)

> > > * Mercury Venus exchange - interest in music

> > > * 3rd lord Sun exalted - 3rd house signify throat and sun is

also

> > > significator of sound (Sabda brahma); 3rd and 11th are also

hands,

> > > indicating that you may use or master some musical instruments

used

> by both

> > > hands - like drum or guitar.

> > > * Jupiter (significator of sound) in 3rd house (throat/sound)

> > > * 2nd (mouth) lord with Sun in 11th house.

> > >

> > > " Dwi tri samvada bhaval " (meaning, Since 2-3 or more points

indicate

> the

> > > same) - speak out the same with confidence - it is said. That

is why

> > > I thought of presenting this derivation. Please confirm or

negate.

> > > Love and regards,

> > > Sreenadh

> > > > ancient_indian_

<%40>

astrology ,

Vijayanarasimha H

> Pakka

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks Shreenadhji,

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for the excellent analysis of my chart. Most of the

> things that

> > > you mentioned are perfectly true.

> > > > > 1. I have almost all material luxuries.

> > > > > 2. I have extreme interest in occult sciences and am deeply

> > > philosophical.

> > > > > 3. Amavasya birth has also caused me to be mentally very

stable,

> but

> > > since its drishti to lagan is 45 degrees and also since moon is

> debilitated

> > > in 12th in navamsha, I feel that most of the time I am under

> depression,

> > > mental worries, etc.

> > > > > 4. Mandi and Gulika in 2nd house has indeed caused my very

much

> > > financial problems. I am unable to find good jobs and am not

rich on

> my own

> > > but am financially supported by my parents and my sisters.

> > > > > 5. Sun (atmakaraka) exalted has made my ego shatter through

> various

> > > life experiences and I always try to wish good for the whole

world.

> I am

> > > trying very hard to control my ego.

> > > > > 6. Presently due to Rahu dasa, though I have gained a lot,

still

> I

> > > have had to work hard for it.

> > > > > 7. I have two elder sisters and my mother underwent a big

> surgery and

> > > had brainhaemorrage 6 years ago. She is fine now. I am very

deeply

> attached

> > > to my mother and father. I have immense respect and love

towards my

> father

> > > (sun is exalted in my horoscope) and always obey him. He has

> struggled a lot

> > > in life to come up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks once again Shreenadh ji, and also may I mention that

my

> mother

> > > is an astrologer and a mathematician (kataka lagna and mercury

> exalted in

> > > 3rd, and jupiter in 9th).

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for mentioning the verses about venus in lagna, I

shall

> > > remember that for life. My personal view is that, venus can be

> broadly

> > > classified into two main streams:

> > > > > 1. Luxuries, clothes, jewellery, arts, dance, songs, bed

> pleasures,

> > > women, attractive, etc.

> > > > > 2. Excellent worldly knowledge, ability to judge people,

poet,

> > > romantic writer, knower of all shastras, excellent arguments,

sweet

> speech,

> > > likes the company of learned people, studies all subjects.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, a person with venus in lagna has a mixture of both

these

> traits

> > > depending on which lagna it is. For example, libra, taurus,

pisces

> lagnas

> > > may exhibit the first stream of characters rather than the

second.

> Also the

> > > influence of the type of planet also determines which stream of

> characters

> > > are more exhibited. Also Shreenadji, can you please state any

verse

> that

> > > mentions the effects of venus in different lagnas, also venus

> aspected by

> > > different planets.

> > > > >

> > > > > Regards,

> > > > > Vijay.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote: Dear Vijay ji,

> > > > > You got an excellent Rajayoga - the mutual exchange between

12th

> lord

> > > Venus and lagna lord Mercury for Gemini lagna produces a raja

yoga

> (the

> > > exact reference I don't remember). Any way considering Ve as

the 5th

> lord

> > > and lagna as a Kendra also an exchange between them is

> > > > > Sun exalted; 4 planets (including Ra) in 4th; Ke in 9th

giving

> special

> > > interest in spirituality - overall a good horoscope; Amavasi

birth

> gives

> > > interest in the occult as well. Any way the weak points are -

> > > > > * 2nd lord Moon weak due to Amavasi; Gk in 2nd - could cause

> problems

> > > with economy, mother's health and so on. Suffered enough

already in

> 1990 to

> > > 2000 period.

> > > > > * 9th lord Saturn in the sign of Sun along with Ra; Ke in

9th -

> good

> > > for spirituality but could cause problems in getting worldly

success

> in

> > > silver spoon; you will have to fight to win the merit and reap

> success.

> > > > > * Now Rahu dasa running - Rahu in 3rd will give raja yoga -

even

> > > though through hurdles.

> > > > > Any way, excellent horoscope pointing to an eventful life

with

> enough

> > > suffering and enough happiness - enjoy!

> > > > > An individual with much responsibility and co-borns; Must

have

> > > suffered due to 9th house ( luck/father/punya). 4th (maternal

> home/home)

> > > seems to have under went a change - a turbulent period. Anyway,

all

> the best

> > > - with you all success - as a writer as well. :)

> > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > >

> > > > > ancient_indian_

<%40>

astrology ,

Vijayanarasimha

> H

> > > Pakka hpvijaynarasimha@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi all,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Venus in Lagna does indeed make a person artistic, poetic,

> very

> > > learned, sensuous, luxury oriented, etc. But it is very

important to

> also

> > > see which is the lagna and are there any aspects on Venus. For

> example I

> > > have noticed that Venus having some aspect of Mars makes them

good

> singers

> > > (mars signifies throat), even if venus is not in lagna. Venus in

> Taurus

> > > makes one good at different arts, whereas Venus in Libra makes

one

> sensuous,

> > > and one who loves to have women's company, ornaments, good

clothes,

> etc. I

> > > have Venus in Gemini Lagna. And Venus is especially good for

Gemini

> lagna

> > > persons (can anyone help me in locating the verse that mentions

> this). Here,

> > > I believe Venus makes the person extremely philosophical and

learned

> in many

> > > areas of study, and most importantly poetic. This is true in my

> case, as I

> > > am not at all interested in facial make-ups, or jewellery. But

I am

> very

> > > interested in knowing the truth about the universe, studying

many

> subjects

> > > ranging from astrology

> > > > to

> > > > > > computer science to economics and history, I also write

poems.

> Also

> > > I have curly hair and am quite good looking. Regarding women, I

> to be

> > > with them, but have my senses under good control (maybe because

> mercury is

> > > in taurus in 12th house). I havent had any physical relationship

> till now

> > > (surprisingly), even though I really like to be in love with

someone

> sincere

> > > and beautiful. Venus in my case has pushed me to acquire lots of

> knowledge,

> > > rather than run behind luxurious things. Venus has also given me

> good number

> > > of vehicles and other luxuries, but I am not quite attracted

towards

> them. I

> > > have venus in my lagna in almost all divisional charts (because

the

> degree

> > > of venus and lagna is almost same). Please go thru my chart if

you

> want a

> > > case study.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 14-May-1980, 08.35 am, Bangalore.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am more than happy to reveal my innermost characters

> (representing

> > > lagna) for study. Hence I would recommend that we study venus

not

> only in

> > > lagna but also the sign of the lagna and any aspects on venus.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Regards,

> > > > > > Vijay.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote: Dear All,

> > > > > > Let us start discussing the effects of Venus in Lagna. The

> > > lawyers/thread-owners for this thread are Vinita ji and Renu ji.

> They have

> > > the full right to argue in favor of Venus and its power to

produce

> > > identifiable results when placed in Lagna. Try to argue against

him

> or in

> > > support of them - validate the results with your own or with the

> charts

> > > known to you. I will start the discussion wth minimum inputs

(fro

> Bhrigu

> > > sutra)-

> > > > > > * If Venus is present in lagna the native would be

interested

> in

> > > make-up, cosmetics, new and wonderful cloths, ornaments, women

etc.

> Will be

> > > interested in mathamatics (accountancy?). Will have long life

and

> will have

> > > many good quolities like good education and wealth.

> > > > > > * If Venus is in Lagna - the native would be fair in

color; or

> may

> > > even have golden color like the wheat. If Venus in lagna and a

> benefic in

> > > 4th the native will have a four wheeler, even heavy vehicles.

> > > > > > * If Venus in Lagna is aspected by malefic planets or

combust

> he

> > > would lie, could be a thief, and will cheat others. He may have

> diseases

> > > caused by the imbalance of Vata and Kapha.

> > > > > > So, here goes our group - Venus Centric.. ;) Hurah, to the

> thread of

> > > Renus ji and Vinita ji. :)

> > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast

with

>

> > > Search.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> Mobile. Try

> > > it now.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile.

> Try

> > > it now.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway. The information

contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are

intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary,

confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,

you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the

sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,

Thanks for the most sensible mail :)

Let me quote from the couple of brilliant male mathematicians.

" My wife has Ve in Lagna (although in Parivartana with 4H Moon).

She is very weak in Maths. "

Times have not changed....I doubt. Ah! the smart male dominated

society :(

I know a lady with Venus in Lagna, a very good maths teacher who is

now in her 70's and still students come to her for tuition, pass

with distinction or 'A' Grades. Of course she charges a nominal

fee..the natural motherly feelings would not allow to exploit

children unfairly, especially when it comes to education.

blessings

Renu

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Chanduchill ji,

>

> Namaste,

>

> It is always a HE that gets a mention in most of the classics of

astrology.

> Basically it only reflects on the social structure in the era when

these

> classics were created.

>

> In ancient India, astrology, like any other knowledge, developed

in King's

> courts. So in many of the classics you'll find results suitable

only for the

> kings, like elephants, palaces, horses, many wives, winning or

losing a war,

> etc. The classic Nripcharya deals with only kings and that is why

many of

> the politicians and bigwigs, taking a cue from there, do not share

their

> charts. (it is said in this classic that a king's chart should not

be known

> to all, especially his enemies)

>

> In the male dominated society at that time, women were home-bound,

and

> served only as mothers, sisters, wives and daughters, etc. Their

lives were

> regulated by their men-folk. So probably there was no need to know

a

> female's future. It was supposed to be dependent on the man. Even

now, many

> husbands may never feel the need to know the future of their non-

working

> wives.

>

> At the same time, there are some classics like Strijataka devoted

to female

> horoscopy, but mostly describe the results with respect to her

relations and

> one can see the male-oriented approach of the classic, as if the

classic is

> an aid in a man's hands to find a good woman/wife. A woman is

treated more

> like an object.

>

> The feminists may not like what has been done, but we have to

accept history

> the way it was. If not in astrology, women do find a good place in

all

> religious texts and tantra… it may also mean that women were

revered and

> respected like devis… so one may find solace any which way.

>

> Having accepted that, we must realize that the first lesson of

astrology

> tells us to consider Desh-kaal-patra. This arises out of the

understanding

> that the principles given by our rishis are sound and have

withstood the

> tests of times and people. In patra, we need to consider

everything about

> the patra before making our judgments. It could be gender, age,

place of

> birth, place of upbringing, etc. We do not say that our rishis

have given

> dictums for Indians only and we should not apply them to an

American or an

> Arab Sheikh, even though they are poles apart and our astrology

gets

> thoroughly twisted.

>

> Coming to your questions,

>

> //I know lot of If's and But's are there in Astrology, and other

planetery

> combinations do affect/alter/modify/change etc. And one should not

come to

> conclusion. BUT Sage Brighu MUST had some observations and

PRACTICAL

> knowledge without which he wouldn't have mentioned like that.//

>

> I really don't know what sage Bhrigu had in his mind, but you've

answered

> your question yourself.

>

> //My estranged Wife has Ve in Lagna and she doesn't even know how

to count

> the Money that i gave to her:-):-( forget about Mathematics!!!:-)

>

> A bit hard to believe that somebody can't count money in this

age!! When a

> planet is said to be responsible for certain trait, the same trait

suffers

> also when it gets afflicted. There are so many yogas given in

classics, but

> all come with a fine print saying 'apply with caution'.

>

> Then how do we interpret Venus in Gemini Lagna and at the same

time 12H Lord

> as well.

>

> Again I would say, apply with caution and go by logics. Lordship

and

> placement strength are most important, and then the influences,

vargas,

> avastha, etc.

>

> Venus in Gemini is 5L and 12L, 5H being the mooltrikon house.

> LL mercury is a natural friend and both are natural benefics. We

should not

> forget this.

> Now if there is panchada maitri also, even better.

> Venus in lagna would mean a friend in lagna who is 5L ( a rajyog)

and the

> 12L. Venus is happy with 12th lordship.

> Rest will depend on the influences and other planetary placements

and dashas

> in operation.

>

> Hope this clarifies.

>

> Regards

>

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Neelam Ji,

Wonderfully explained! thanks for your time..

Just some thoughts came after reading your clear and crisp writng..

//In the male dominated society at that time, women were home-bound,

and served only as mothers, sisters, wives and daughters, etc. Their

lives were regulated by their men-folk. So probably there was no need

to know a female's future. It was supposed to be dependent on the

man. Even now, many husbands may never feel the need to know the

future of their non-working wives.//

Howcome these Rishis forgot or failed to understand that Mahabharat

and Ramayamaya (Wars) Yuddhas happened due to WOMEN!!:-) and not used

SHE anyware!!:-)

Regards

Chandu2Chill

PS: And my this Astro quest/war is also Due to WOMAN!!!:-):-)

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

Dear Chanduchill ji,

Namaste,

It is always a HE that gets a mention in most of the classics of

astrology. Basically it only reflects on the social structure in the

era when these classics were created.

In ancient India, astrology, like any other knowledge, developed in

King's courts. So in many of the classics you'll find results

suitable only for the kings, like elephants, palaces, horses, many

wives, winning or losing a war, etc. The classic Nripcharya deals

with only kings and that is why many of the politicians and bigwigs,

taking a cue from there, do not share their charts. (it is said in

this classic that a king's chart should not be known to all,

especially his enemies)

In the male dominated society at that time, women were home-bound, and

served only as mothers, sisters, wives and daughters, etc. Their

lives were regulated by their men-folk. So probably there was no need

to know a female's future. It was supposed to be dependent on the

man. Even now, many husbands may never feel the need to know the

future of their non-working wives.

At the same time, there are some classics like Strijataka devoted to

female horoscopy, but mostly describe the results with respect to her

relations and one can see the male-oriented approach of the classic,

as if the classic is an aid in a man's hands to find a good

woman/wife. A woman is treated more like an object.

The feminists may not like what has been done, but we have to accept

history the way it was. If not in astrology, women do find a good

place in all religious texts and tantra… it may also mean that women

were revered and respected like devis… so one may find solace any

which way.

Having accepted that, we must realize that the first lesson of

astrology tells us to consider Desh-kaal-patra. This arises out of

the understanding that the principles given by our rishis are sound

and have withstood the tests of times and people. In patra, we need

to consider everything about the patra before making our judgments.

It could be gender, age, place of birth, place of upbringing, etc. We

do not say that our rishis have given dictums for Indians only and we

should not apply them to an American or an Arab Sheikh, even though

they are poles apart and our astrology gets thoroughly twisted.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear Renu ji,I think Venus in lagna knows when and where to apply her maths!!RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,

Exactly....I pity the 'blind'.

blessings

Renu

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Renu ji,

>

> I think Venus in lagna knows when and where to apply her maths!!

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Renu-ji,

Thanks for the compliment ('Brilliant male mathematician') - although

I don't know whether I really deserve that !

My wife was good in studies - but, as per her own admission, she

was weak in Maths.

I was just quoting her. Otherwise, like any husband, I would not dare

to put such a label on her. Neither I am disputing the Ve and Maths

connection, as discussed here. I am just saying that exceptions

may occur.

With best regards,

Chakraborty

renunw [renunw]

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:28 PM

Dear Neelam ji,

Thanks for the most sensible mail :)

Let me quote from the couple of brilliant male mathematicians.

" My wife has Ve in Lagna (although in Parivartana with 4H Moon).

She is very weak in Maths. "

Times have not changed....I doubt. Ah! the smart male dominated

society :(

I know a lady with Venus in Lagna, a very good maths teacher who is

now in her 70's and still students come to her for tuition, pass

with distinction or 'A' Grades. Of course she charges a nominal

fee..the natural motherly feelings would not allow to exploit

children unfairly, especially when it comes to education.

blessings

Renu

ancient_indian_ <%40>

astrology , " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Chanduchill ji,

>

> Namaste,

>

> It is always a HE that gets a mention in most of the classics of

astrology.

> Basically it only reflects on the social structure in the era when

these

> classics were created.

>

> In ancient India, astrology, like any other knowledge, developed

in King's

> courts. So in many of the classics you'll find results suitable

only for the

> kings, like elephants, palaces, horses, many wives, winning or

losing a war,

> etc. The classic Nripcharya deals with only kings and that is why

many of

> the politicians and bigwigs, taking a cue from there, do not share

their

> charts. (it is said in this classic that a king's chart should not

be known

> to all, especially his enemies)

>

> In the male dominated society at that time, women were home-bound,

and

> served only as mothers, sisters, wives and daughters, etc. Their

lives were

> regulated by their men-folk. So probably there was no need to know

a

> female's future. It was supposed to be dependent on the man. Even

now, many

> husbands may never feel the need to know the future of their non-

working

> wives.

>

> At the same time, there are some classics like Strijataka devoted

to female

> horoscopy, but mostly describe the results with respect to her

relations and

> one can see the male-oriented approach of the classic, as if the

classic is

> an aid in a man's hands to find a good woman/wife. A woman is

treated more

> like an object.

>

> The feminists may not like what has been done, but we have to

accept history

> the way it was. If not in astrology, women do find a good place in

all

> religious texts and tantra... it may also mean that women were

revered and

> respected like devis... so one may find solace any which way.

>

> Having accepted that, we must realize that the first lesson of

astrology

> tells us to consider Desh-kaal-patra. This arises out of the

understanding

> that the principles given by our rishis are sound and have

withstood the

> tests of times and people. In patra, we need to consider

everything about

> the patra before making our judgments. It could be gender, age,

place of

> birth, place of upbringing, etc. We do not say that our rishis

have given

> dictums for Indians only and we should not apply them to an

American or an

> Arab Sheikh, even though they are poles apart and our astrology

gets

> thoroughly twisted.

>

> Coming to your questions,

>

> //I know lot of If's and But's are there in Astrology, and other

planetery

> combinations do affect/alter/modify/change etc. And one should not

come to

> conclusion. BUT Sage Brighu MUST had some observations and

PRACTICAL

> knowledge without which he wouldn't have mentioned like that.//

>

> I really don't know what sage Bhrigu had in his mind, but you've

answered

> your question yourself.

>

> //My estranged Wife has Ve in Lagna and she doesn't even know how

to count

> the Money that i gave to her:-):-( forget about Mathematics!!!:-)

>

> A bit hard to believe that somebody can't count money in this

age!! When a

> planet is said to be responsible for certain trait, the same trait

suffers

> also when it gets afflicted. There are so many yogas given in

classics, but

> all come with a fine print saying 'apply with caution'.

>

> Then how do we interpret Venus in Gemini Lagna and at the same

time 12H Lord

> as well.

>

> Again I would say, apply with caution and go by logics. Lordship

and

> placement strength are most important, and then the influences,

vargas,

> avastha, etc.

>

> Venus in Gemini is 5L and 12L, 5H being the mooltrikon house.

> LL mercury is a natural friend and both are natural benefics. We

should not

> forget this.

> Now if there is panchada maitri also, even better.

> Venus in lagna would mean a friend in lagna who is 5L ( a rajyog)

and the

> 12L. Venus is happy with 12th lordship.

> Rest will depend on the influences and other planetary placements

and dashas

> in operation.

>

> Hope this clarifies.

>

> Regards

>

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Chanduchill ji,You are only reconfirming what the history has always indicated.

SHE anyware!!:-)Only shows that a woman was nothing more than an object of desire, over which men fought and lost kingdoms. Its like people fighting for lands, buildings assets....they don't need to create horoscopes for these assets.

However, modern woman is trying to break free and is trying to keep her ownership rights to herself....women's empowerment, that's what we strive for. Now a woman would demand that her chart be seen and read.... if man wants to live in peace. Earlier even learning astrology was a male domain, but now you see more and more women getting interested in learning and practicing astrology.

Times are changing...with so many women in research and documentation, even in astrology...churning out literature by tonnes, the wheel of time may rotate full circle where men would ask, " why charts were seen only for women?? "

RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,

Sorry to intervene....but

"Times are changing...with so many women in research and documentation, even in astrology...churning out literature by tonnes, the wheel of time may rotate full circle where men would ask, "why charts were seen only for women??""Well said !!!

blessings

Renu , "neelam gupta" <neelamgupta07 wrote:>> Dear Chanduchill ji,> > You are only reconfirming what the history has always indicated.> > Howcome these Rishis forgot or failed to understand that Mahabharat> and Ramayamaya (Wars) Yuddhas happened due to WOMEN!!:-) and not used> SHE anyware!!:-)> > Only shows that a woman was nothing more than an object of desire, over> which men fought and lost kingdoms.> Its like people fighting for lands, buildings assets....they don't need to> create horoscopes for these assets.> > However, modern woman is trying to break free and is trying to keep her> ownership rights to herself....women's empowerment, that's what we strive> for. Now a woman would demand that her chart be seen and read.... if man> wants to live in peace. Earlier even learning astrology was a male domain,> but now you see more and more women getting interested in learning and> practicing astrology.> > Times are changing...with so many women in research and documentation, even> in astrology...churning out literature by tonnes, the wheel of time may> rotate full circle where men would ask, "why charts were seen only for> women??"> > Regards> Neelam>

Guest guest

Let Venus be happy and the mankind be happier.

regards

chakraborty

neelam gupta [neelamgupta07]

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:50 PM

Re: Re: Venus

Dear Renu ji,

I think Venus in lagna knows when and where to apply her maths!!

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear all,

Interesting thread. Women in astrology is not modern though. Rishi

Gargi was highly learned woman, she knew everything scriptures,

astrology etc. She challenged Rishi Yagnyavalkya in an open debate.

Women were always powerful. Later on she chose to be inferior to men.

She had great endurance, hence she did not want her charts to be seen

as she could face all evils with courage, this was something men

always lacked.

Regards,

bhagavathi

-- In , " renunw " <renunw

wrote:

>

>

> Dear Neelam ji,

>

> Sorry to intervene....but

>

> " Times are changing...with so many women in research and

documentation,

> even in astrology...churning out literature by tonnes, the wheel of

time

> may rotate full circle where men would ask, " why charts were seen

only

> for women?? " "

>

> Well said !!!

>

> blessings

>

> Renu

>

> , " neelam gupta "

> >

> > Dear Chanduchill ji,

> >

> > You are only reconfirming what the history has always indicated.

> >

> > Howcome these Rishis forgot or failed to understand that

Mahabharat

> > and Ramayamaya (Wars) Yuddhas happened due to WOMEN!!:-) and not

used

> > SHE anyware!!:-)

> >

> > Only shows that a woman was nothing more than an object of desire,

> over

> > which men fought and lost kingdoms.

> > Its like people fighting for lands, buildings assets....they don't

> need to

> > create horoscopes for these assets.

> >

> > However, modern woman is trying to break free and is trying to

keep

> her

> > ownership rights to herself....women's empowerment, that's what we

> strive

> > for. Now a woman would demand that her chart be seen and read....

if

> man

> > wants to live in peace. Earlier even learning astrology was a male

> domain,

> > but now you see more and more women getting interested in

learning and

> > practicing astrology.

> >

> > Times are changing...with so many women in research and

documentation,

> even

> > in astrology...churning out literature by tonnes, the wheel of

time

> may

> > rotate full circle where men would ask, " why charts were seen

only for

> > women?? "

> >

> > Regards

> > Neelam

> >

>

Guest guest

I think Venus as Hora lord during the time of birth, gives good Maths ability,

like Mercury in 10th for profession.

Venus in 10th also indicates about the calculations, modern day computer

profession.

renunw <renunw

Thursday, 26 June, 2008 4:56:02 PM

Dear Neelam ji,

Exactly....I pity the 'blind'.

blessings

Renu

ancient_indian_ astrology, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07@ ...> wrote:

>

> Dear Renu ji,

>

> I think Venus in lagna knows when and where to apply her maths!!

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Neelam Ji,

Ummm...Woman's liberation ke Jamaane mai Mardo ka kya Kaam Hai?!!!:-)

My point was/is nothing agaist Women

In fact i admire Women and Woman like Mother Tharesa,

I think you have put ONLY Finer prints and Refined version of Modern

women and Women's achievments in your post..

I am sure you are aware and know some of the Modern Women and

Feminists in India what they are (some parcentage of Women not all)

doing and how they are caught in between how they are becoming Greedy

In the name of Woman's Liberation they are putting other Woman in

trouble and harassing by way of putting false dowry cases (498a) i am

not talking here any of my personal thing BUT actual happening, now-a-

days in India. Just " Google 498a dowery law " you will find more

info...

On a personal Note: I have seen many Houses/families where Woman is a

head (Boss) instead of Husband or male, how they have ruined the

entire family and how there was no progress at all...again with some

exceptions here..

If i see this happening i think our Ancient Males/Kings were Correct

and they did the right thing. My personal opinion.

Now coming to Astrology, what AIA and our Ancient seers says 3000+

Yrs old Texts (be it any sutra, or any classics) says- they still

hold GOOD. This is what i wanted to understand

Either we have to discard these Ancient theories (Astrological

Theory) and see in a different perspective all together, from Modern

Woman's view..(I am talking about only Woman and Venus here)

cosidering Desha Kaala Paatra ofcourse!! But don't you/We see West is

becoming East and East is West?...I think we have to shift all these

Ancient texts to America for example where i heard more and more ppl

are turning to spirituality...

Just my thoughts..

Regards

Chandu2Chill

P.S: Woman's tongue is like a Sword which never gets Rust-Japanese

Proverb. Not mine:-)

Dear Chanduchill ji,

You are only reconfirming what the history has always indicated.

and Ramayamaya (Wars) Yuddhas happened due to WOMEN!!:-) and not

used SHE anyware!!:-)

Only shows that a woman was nothing more than an object of desire,

over which men fought and lost kingdoms.Its like people fighting for

lands, buildings assets....they don't need to create horoscopes for

these assets.

However, modern woman is trying to break free and is trying to keep

her ownership rights to herself....women's empowerment, that's what we

strive for. Now a woman would demand that her chart be seen and

read....if man wants to live in peace. Earlier even learning

astrology was a male domain,

but now you see more and more women getting interested in learning and

practicing astrology. Times are changing...with so many women in

research and documentation, even in astrology...churning out

literature by tonnes, the wheel of time may rotate full circle where

men would ask, " why charts were seen only for women?? "

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear All,

Venus and Jupiter are both Acharayas , with Jupiter guiding the Satvik guys and

Venus guiding those with worldly qualities.

Both give tremendous insight n knowledge but strings attached - depending on

other planetary aspects, these two give a diiferent tark and vivek to use the

knowledge.

BTW, I think I have seen some horoscopes where Venus in Lagna does not give the

described beauty.

PS. This has nothing to do with the war of Genders.

Thanks & Regards.

Chiranjiv Mehta

--- On Thu, 26/6/08, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 wrote:

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07

Re: Re: Venus

Thursday, 26 June, 2008, 5:07 PM

Dear Chanduchill ji,

You are only reconfirming what the history has always indicated.

SHE anyware!!:-)

Only shows that a woman was nothing more than an object of desire, over which

men fought and lost kingdoms.

Its like people fighting for lands, buildings assets....they don't need to

create horoscopes for these assets.

However, modern woman is trying to break free and is trying to keep her

ownership rights to herself....women's empowerment, that's what we strive for.

Now a woman would demand that her chart be seen and read.... if man wants to

live in peace. Earlier even learning astrology was a male domain, but now you

see more and more women getting interested in learning and practicing astrology.

Times are changing...with so many women in research and documentation, even in

astrology... churning out literature by tonnes, the wheel of time may rotate

full circle where men would ask, " why charts were seen only for women?? "

Regards

Neelam

Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it on

http://in.promos./groups/bestof/