IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Jupiter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Krishna ji, I would have to check the degrees to ensure whether Mars can get combust in retrograde or not. You can check yourself using JHora. > Is it possible that Venus and Mercury get combust when they are direct? Yes.Love and regards,Sreenadh , Krishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh ji,> > Ok, you are saying that astronomically Jupiter and Saturn will never be close to Sun when they are in retrograde mode. Hence, there is no question of them getting combust. I guess if that is the case there is no debate. What about Mars. Mars is also an outer planet. Does the same apply in the case of Mars as well?> > Second question - Is it possible that Venus and Mercury get combust when they are direct? > > Regards,> Krishna> > Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> Dear Krishna ji,> Retrograde Jupiter cannot be combust, because when the retrogression starts it would be always at least 120 degrees (approx) away from Sun. :) The simple reason. Similarly Saturn too cannot be combust in retrograde, because it would be much away from sun then. Several planets such as Mercury, Venus etc can be combust when retrograde. :) Hope this helps.> Note: Kiran ji's initial statement regarding Jupiter was right, but the later reasoning wrong. > Love and regards,> Sreenadh > > , Krishnamurthy Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> >> > Dear Kiran ji,> > > > Yes, one section of the astrologers tend to believe that the retrograde planets are not combust. Some believe that Venus and Mercury are combust only when retrograde.> > > > However, I have read that according to Surya Siddhanta even the retrograde planets are also combust and only the distance from the Sun for combustion is lower.> > > > Regards,> > Krishna> > > > "kiran.rama" kiran.rama@ wrote:> > Krishnaji,> > > > It is said that a retrograde planet goes behind the sun and hence> > cannot be combust> > > > regards> > kiran> > > > , Krishnamurthy> > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Krian ji,> > > > > > I don't understand why can't a retrograde planet get combust. Can> > you elaborate a bit please?> > > > > > Regards,> > > Krishna> > > > > > "kiran.rama" kiran.rama@ wrote:> > > Retrograde Jupiter maybe better than normal Jupiter and> > more benefic because retrograde planet can never be combust :)> > > > > > Regards> > > kiran> > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > <sreesog@> wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Krishna ji,> > > > ==>> > > > > I feel that the dictums of Jupiter in Lagna can not be directly> > > > applied to charts where Jupiter> > > > > is retrograde. Because, Jupiter here does not behave like the normal> > > > Jupiter.> > > > <==> > > > This is not supported by the ancient texts. Any way 2 points I can> > > > point to is - almost ALL texts agrees that benefic in retrograde> > becomes> > > > STRONG and mainly gives good results. The only text i know that tells> > > > that "a retrograde planet becomes WEAK" is Trilokya Prakasa. Any way -> > > > some may have a point; and may be some thing new we should learn about> > > > retrograde benefics as well.> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.> >> > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh ji, Thanks for your clarifications. Neelam ji has clarified that Mars also will not be in the vicinity of the Sun while retrograde. Thanks Neelam ji for your inputs. Regards, KrishnaSreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear Krishna ji, I would have to check the degrees to ensure whether Mars can get combust in retrograde or not. You can check yourself using

JHora. > Is it possible that Venus and Mercury get combust when they are direct? Yes.Love and regards,Sreenadh , Krishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh ji,> > Ok, you are saying that astronomically Jupiter and Saturn will never be close to Sun when they are in retrograde mode. Hence, there is no question of them getting combust. I guess if that is the case there is no debate. What about Mars. Mars is also an outer planet. Does the same apply in the case of Mars as well?> > Second question - Is it possible that Venus and Mercury get combust when they are direct? > > Regards,> Krishna> > Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> Dear Krishna ji,> Retrograde Jupiter cannot be combust, because when the retrogression starts it would be always at

least 120 degrees (approx) away from Sun. :) The simple reason. Similarly Saturn too cannot be combust in retrograde, because it would be much away from sun then. Several planets such as Mercury, Venus etc can be combust when retrograde. :) Hope this helps.> Note: Kiran ji's initial statement regarding Jupiter was right, but the later reasoning wrong. > Love and regards,> Sreenadh > > , Krishnamurthy Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> >> > Dear Kiran ji,> > > > Yes, one section of the astrologers tend to believe that the retrograde planets are not combust. Some believe that Venus and Mercury are combust only when retrograde.> > > > However, I have read that according to Surya Siddhanta even the retrograde planets are also combust and only the distance from the Sun for combustion is lower.> > > >

Regards,> > Krishna> > > > "kiran.rama" kiran.rama@ wrote:> > Krishnaji,> > > > It is said that a retrograde planet goes behind the sun and hence> > cannot be combust> > > > regards> > kiran> > > > , Krishnamurthy> > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Krian ji,> > > > > > I don't understand why can't a retrograde planet get combust. Can> > you elaborate a bit please?> > > > > > Regards,> > > Krishna> > > > > > "kiran.rama" kiran.rama@ wrote:> > > Retrograde Jupiter maybe better than normal Jupiter and> > more benefic because retrograde planet can never be combust :)> > > > > > Regards> >

> kiran> > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > <sreesog@> wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Krishna ji,> > > > ==>> > > > > I feel that the dictums of Jupiter in Lagna can not be directly> > > > applied to charts where Jupiter> > > > > is retrograde. Because, Jupiter here does not behave like the normal> > > > Jupiter.> > > > <==> > > > This is not supported by the ancient texts. Any way 2 points I can> > > > point to is - almost ALL texts agrees that benefic in retrograde> > becomes> > > > STRONG and mainly gives good results. The only text i know that tells> > > > that "a retrograde planet becomes WEAK" is Trilokya Prakasa. Any way -> > > > some may have

a point; and may be some thing new we should learn about> > > > retrograde benefics as well.> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.> >> > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna ,

dear su .

Thanks for the post with detailed info abt her .

i think since jup is aspecting in 5th and 9th house and has influence over lagna ,if she try she can finish the education from 2009 end to 2011 ( its rough reading only tho its supporting very weakly now .But end of 2008 jup tho in weak rasi will be aspecting lagna and 5th house from 9th house .

so that period on wards we can assume a right period ,if she can put in efforts .

she gulik in 9th house ( higher education ) also 9th Lord sani is vakri and merc (lord 5th and karaka ) is unhelpful 3rd house ( house of initiatives ) but jup ( who is also another karaka and karak for brightness of brain ) with rahu is giving lot of confusion and lack of energy .

I will say moon is strong tho in vridha avasta and in dual signs always giving vascilatting thoughts .also see sun is dual rasi .

So her own effort and determination can giv her education as transits may favr in coming time from lagna .

As regrds to her superflous or new age blvs guru with rahu ( karaka for non orthodoxy ) reveals it ,even she may lack dept in spirituality but later in life she will become spiritual as rahu is seperating from jup .

is her husband looks good and seems to be intelligent also .i think born in normal family .

Ask her to be stinky on spending as this periods showing changes and shift in jobs .

also post the 2nd qstns ans wen ever u get it .

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

, "vreality_au" <reality_v wrote:>> dear Sunilji> > So sorry, I neglected to mention tht native is female.> > She has 2 uni-going children - a boy and a girl, both natural birth.> However she has had 2 miscarriages about '99 and 2000 [give or take a> yr, she cant recall].> > She's happily married to the same man since her early 20s. Husband is> very supportive of her. [ofcourse I'm sure they have the usual> healthy squabbles that most couples do]> > In sept 06 daughter was diagosed with PKD a kidney disease that has> no cure but is manageble. [there was a post in which u said moon in> 8th, child's health will be a 'sabah for doctors'].> > She's always had a low level clerical job and is not very ambitious> career wise. But this year decided to go back to uni and finish her> Bachelors. All thru Rahu dasa she has started numerous courses but> never seen any to completion. Always finds some excuse to give up -> what combo causes this trait? Rahu is lag? She is a very restless> sort as well. Wonder if Ju dasa will give completion to her current> undertaking.> > V spiritually inclined but in my opinion somewht in a wishy washy new-> agey way. However, is a moral person with high integrity.> > Properties - own thier current home, no investments. Husband has a> reasonable income.> > I will get back to you on your last 2 q's when I find out.> > rgds> Su>

Guest guest

hare ramakrishna

dear su .

thanks for the feed back ,but i am grate ful to u for pointing out the artistic tendency and 3rd house influence of venus and merc .

as i also blv 3rd rules bhava for arts esp as its right hand and also bhava for dance .

Thank u for participating

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

, "vreality_au" <reality_v wrote:>> dear Sunilji> > thank you for the feedback. Here's the reply I got from her re your > last 2 q's:> > "I'm not sure exactly what you mean about status, dad was an > engineer for PGH bricks for NSW and mum a housewife. Dad became the > NSW engineer in the years after I was born."> > So I guess there was some sort of improvement after her birth as her > dad seems to hve got a promotion.[NSW= New South Wales].> > You are right about change in jobs - she actually gave up her job to > go back to uni, or should I say went back to uni so she cud give up > her job! [she hated it]. You are also right about 'confusion, > vacillation and lack of enthusiasm'. She is always busy doing > something or other, but is somewhat unfocussed with her energies. > Seems to do things more for the sake of 'having something to do' > rather than with any real direction.> > She is more creative and intuitive than intellectual - loves painting.> [venus/merc in 3rd].> > > regds> Su> > , "sunil nair" > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> > > > > > > > Hare rama krishna ,> > > > dear su .> > > > > > > > Thanks for the post with detailed info abt her .> > > > > > > > i think since jup is aspecting in 5th and 9th house and has> > influence over lagna ,if she try she can finish the education from > 2009> > end to 2011 ( its rough reading only tho its supporting very > weakly now> > .But end of 2008 jup tho in weak rasi will be aspecting lagna and > 5th> > house from 9th house .> > > > > > > > so that period on wards we can assume a right period ,if she can > put in> > efforts .> > > > > > > > she gulik in 9th house ( higher education ) also 9th Lord sani is > vakri> > and merc (lord 5th and karaka ) is unhelpful 3rd house ( house of> > initiatives ) but jup ( who is also another karaka and karak for> > brightness of brain ) with rahu is giving lot of confusion and > lack of> > energy .> > > > > > > > I will say moon is strong tho in vridha avasta and in dual signs > always> > giving vascilatting thoughts .also see sun is dual rasi .> > > > > > > > So her own effort and determination can giv her education as > transits> > may favr in coming time from lagna .> > > > > > > > As regrds to her superflous or new age blvs guru with rahu ( karaka > for> > non orthodoxy ) reveals it ,even she may lack dept in spirituality > but> > later in life she will become spiritual as rahu is seperating from > jup .> > > > > > > > is her husband looks good and seems to be intelligent also .i think > born> > in normal family .> > > > Ask her to be stinky on spending as this periods showing changes > and> > shift in jobs .> > > > > > > > also post the 2nd qstns ans wen ever u get it .> > > > > > > > regrds sunil nair> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > > , "vreality_au"> > <reality_v@> wrote:> > >> > > dear Sunilji> > >> > > So sorry, I neglected to mention tht native is female.> > >> > > She has 2 uni-going children - a boy and a girl, both natural > birth.> > > However she has had 2 miscarriages about '99 and 2000 [give or > take a> > > yr, she cant recall].> > >> > > She's happily married to the same man since her early 20s. > Husband is> > > very supportive of her. [ofcourse I'm sure they have the usual> > > healthy squabbles that most couples do]> > >> > > In sept 06 daughter was diagosed with PKD a kidney disease that > has> > > no cure but is manageble. [there was a post in which u said moon > in> > > 8th, child's health will be a 'sabah for doctors'].> > >> > > She's always had a low level clerical job and is not very > ambitious> > > career wise. But this year decided to go back to uni and finish > her> > > Bachelors. All thru Rahu dasa she has started numerous courses but> > > never seen any to completion. Always finds some excuse to give > up -> > > what combo causes this trait? Rahu is lag? She is a very restless> > > sort as well. Wonder if Ju dasa will give completion to her > current> > > undertaking.> > >> > > V spiritually inclined but in my opinion somewht in a wishy washy > new-> > > agey way. However, is a moral person with high integrity.> > >> > > Properties - own thier current home, no investments. Husband has a> > > reasonable income.> > >> > > I will get back to you on your last 2 q's when I find out.> > >> > > rgds> > > Su> > >> >>

Guest guest

Therese wrote:

But his

> chart shows a strong Jupiter influence, which Jyotish relates to prophecy,

> and Rick did have a good track record with political predictions.

Sari:

I'm not completely sure if Jupiter signifies prophecy or spirituality in the

sense we understand those things today. I think that Jupiter is mostly about

worldly success and well-being; the reason that it's traditionally connected

with priests and teachers is that those professions used to represent the

top layer of society.

Jupiter may even be quite a materialistic planet. Ibn Ezra wrote on the 12th

century about Jupiter: " ...He is the best of the planets, indicating life

and increase of beneficence and fruitfulness and multiplication and justice

and honesty. . . . He loves to talk a lot and desires praise from people.

Most of his thoughts is directed towards seeking wealth and accumulating it,

and winning in everything, in an honest way thought... " Sounds quite

materialistic, doesn't it? And people with Jupiter on their ascendants look

mostly like real winners IMO

http://koti.welho.com/jmetsovu/Kuvat/jupiter.htm .

Best, Sari

Guest guest

Hi Therese,

Would you consider Uranus to be spiritual at all since it seems to go beyond

the egotistical boundaries?

Therese Hamilton <eastwest wrote:

At 03:13 PM 3/17/08 +0200, Sari wrote:

>I'm not completely sure if Jupiter signifies prophecy or spirituality in the

>sense we understand those things today. I think that Jupiter is mostly about

>worldly success and well-being;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sari,

There's no doubt that Jupiter is the planet that bestows worldly success.

But all planets have many levels. Jupiter on the ascendant wouldn't give

the same results as the configuration in Richard Houck's chart: a

retrograde Jupiter partile trine Mercury in the 4th--that is Jupiter is

making a powerful aspect to its house of exaltation (Cancer) which

manifests in communication (Mercury). For questions about the planets I

often look to Edgar Cayce.

India gives Jupiter and Venus to the Brahmin (spiritual priestly) caste,

and Cayce says:

" In Venus and Jupiter we see those abilities to appreciate those things and

those experiences that are from the realm of the universal

consciousness... " (2869-1)

Cayce linked this ability to the skill of being able to understand and

relate to large groups or masses of people. So Jupiter may be the greedy

politician, the international businessman or the person 'in tune' with

forces greater than himself, which might be the channel of prophetic

statements that would affect many people throughout the world.

Of course in modern times astrologers especially associate spirituality

with Neptune, and Jupiter with formalized religion. And the Catholic Church

based in Rome especially is drowning in riches. But also some of the

fundmentalist groups have had their financial scandals.

I guess the question is: If Neptune did not exist, which planet or

combination of planets would we look to for spirituality?

Thanks for the Ibn Ezra quote!

Therese

Guest guest

At 03:13 PM 3/17/08 +0200, Sari wrote:

>I'm not completely sure if Jupiter signifies prophecy or spirituality in the

>sense we understand those things today. I think that Jupiter is mostly about

>worldly success and well-being;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sari,

There's no doubt that Jupiter is the planet that bestows worldly success.

But all planets have many levels. Jupiter on the ascendant wouldn't give

the same results as the configuration in Richard Houck's chart: a

retrograde Jupiter partile trine Mercury in the 4th--that is Jupiter is

making a powerful aspect to its house of exaltation (Cancer) which

manifests in communication (Mercury). For questions about the planets I

often look to Edgar Cayce.

India gives Jupiter and Venus to the Brahmin (spiritual priestly) caste,

and Cayce says:

" In Venus and Jupiter we see those abilities to appreciate those things and

those experiences that are from the realm of the universal

consciousness... " (2869-1)

Cayce linked this ability to the skill of being able to understand and

relate to large groups or masses of people. So Jupiter may be the greedy

politician, the international businessman or the person 'in tune' with

forces greater than himself, which might be the channel of prophetic

statements that would affect many people throughout the world.

Of course in modern times astrologers especially associate spirituality

with Neptune, and Jupiter with formalized religion. And the Catholic Church

based in Rome especially is drowning in riches. But also some of the

fundmentalist groups have had their financial scandals.

I guess the question is: If Neptune did not exist, which planet or

combination of planets would we look to for spirituality?

Thanks for the Ibn Ezra quote!

Therese

Guest guest

At 12:02 PM 3/17/08 -0700 Felicia wrote:

>Hi Therese,

>

> Would you consider Uranus to be spiritual at all since it seems to go

beyond the egotistical boundaries?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edgar Cayce on Uranus:

Extremes of any kind

Extreme moods

Extreme life circumstances (changeable)

Unusual or eccentric people

The odd and mysterious

Sensitive to unseen vibrations

Intuitive about others and life in general

Exceptional abilities

" In Uranus we find the extremes, and the interest in the occult--the

mystical. This is well if it is balanced in the spiritual nature... " 2571-1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then, no, not specifically spiritual, but rather intuitive or psychic. Read

EDGAR CAYCE'S ASTROLOGY FOR THE SOUL by Margaret Gammon.

Therese

Guest guest

Hi Sari, Therese and all

Paul Newman, I believe has Jup on rising. One has to watch the movie

Old Hand Luke to watch that undying optimism and the infectious smile

trait being depicted brilliantly by him there.

Also the last line in Color of Money/ Green money (?) the one where he

coaches Tom Cruise character " I am back " . They sure never quit.

BTW are there are any feel good 'new age' or even medieval astro

reports on the positive side of Jup debilitated? I need to hear

them:))Have mine in 9 Cap. Is around 6 degs the deepest Debil.

position? Vedically I am doomed and indeed my higher education was a

nightmare in my life. Perhaps there is still hope though :))

Thanks

Shiv

, " Sari M " <gerdapp wrote:

>

> Therese wrote:

>

> But his

> > chart shows a strong Jupiter influence, which Jyotish relates to

prophecy,

> > and Rick did have a good track record with political predictions.

>

> Sari:

>

> I'm not completely sure if Jupiter signifies prophecy or

spirituality in the

> sense we understand those things today. I think that Jupiter is

mostly about

> worldly success and well-being; the reason that it's traditionally

connected

> with priests and teachers is that those professions used to

represent the

> top layer of society.

>

> Jupiter may even be quite a materialistic planet. Ibn Ezra wrote on

the 12th

> century about Jupiter: " ...He is the best of the planets, indicating

life

> and increase of beneficence and fruitfulness and multiplication and

justice

> and honesty. . . . He loves to talk a lot and desires praise from

people.

> Most of his thoughts is directed towards seeking wealth and

accumulating it,

> and winning in everything, in an honest way thought... " Sounds quite

> materialistic, doesn't it? And people with Jupiter on their

ascendants look

> mostly like real winners IMO

> http://koti.welho.com/jmetsovu/Kuvat/jupiter.htm .

>

> Best, Sari

>

Guest guest

Hello Shiv,

Sorry to hear that your Jupiter is giving you so much trouble. That is not

typically how Jupiter is viewed -- jovial, generous, optimistic, expansive,

lucky, etc.

I am curious how your higher education could have been a disaster. You don't

have to share if it's too private, but I'm just very curious. Being such a lover

of learning, it's hard for me to imagine a disasterous education, but maybe

there is something new for me to learn about life here?

Is it true that 6deg is the deepest debililation degree for Jupiter? Is that a

sidereal thing and is it only applicable when talking about Jupiter in Cap?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Felicia

Shiv <theblisswithin wrote:

Hi Sari, Therese and all

Paul Newman, I believe has Jup on rising. One has to watch the movie

Old Hand Luke to watch that undying optimism and the infectious smile

trait being depicted brilliantly by him there.

Also the last line in Color of Money/ Green money (?) the one where he

coaches Tom Cruise character " I am back " . They sure never quit.

BTW are there are any feel good 'new age' or even medieval astro

reports on the positive side of Jup debilitated? I need to hear

them:))Have mine in 9 Cap. Is around 6 degs the deepest Debil.

position? Vedically I am doomed and indeed my higher education was a

nightmare in my life. Perhaps there is still hope though :))

Thanks

Shiv

, " Sari M " <gerdapp wrote:

>

> Therese wrote:

>

> But his

> > chart shows a strong Jupiter influence, which Jyotish relates to

prophecy,

> > and Rick did have a good track record with political predictions.

>

> Sari:

>

> I'm not completely sure if Jupiter signifies prophecy or

spirituality in the

> sense we understand those things today. I think that Jupiter is

mostly about

> worldly success and well-being; the reason that it's traditionally

connected

> with priests and teachers is that those professions used to

represent the

> top layer of society.

>

> Jupiter may even be quite a materialistic planet. Ibn Ezra wrote on

the 12th

> century about Jupiter: " ...He is the best of the planets, indicating

life

> and increase of beneficence and fruitfulness and multiplication and

justice

> and honesty. . . . He loves to talk a lot and desires praise from

people.

> Most of his thoughts is directed towards seeking wealth and

accumulating it,

> and winning in everything, in an honest way thought... " Sounds quite

> materialistic, doesn't it? And people with Jupiter on their

ascendants look

> mostly like real winners IMO

> http://koti.welho.com/jmetsovu/Kuvat/jupiter.htm .

>

> Best, Sari

>

Guest guest

At 06:00 AM 3/18/08 -0000, Shiv wrote:

>BTW are there are any feel good 'new age' or even medieval astro

>reports on the positive side of Jup debilitated? I need to hear

>them:))Have mine in 9 Cap. Is around 6 degs the deepest Debil.

>position? Vedically I am doomed and indeed my higher education was a

>nightmare in my life. Perhaps there is still hope though :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiv,

Since Jupiter is debilitated for a year at a time, obvioisly everyone isn't

going to suffer dire results from this placement.

(1) The house position is more important than the sign.

(2) The dispositor can greatly modify Jupiter's sign placement.

(3) The navamsa position of Jupiter can counteract a natal debilitation

(4) Planetary aspects can help.

Therese

Guest guest

Thanks Therese!

Rgds

Shiv

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

For sumerians (creator of modern astrology)

Moon is lord of Pisces and Pleiades(mother of Venus)

Venus is lord of Taurus and Virgo

Mercury is lord of Gemini

Uranus is lord of Aquarius

Sun is lord of Leo

Jupiter is lord of Cancri, Libra and Sagittarius

Saturn is lord of Scorpio

Mars is lord of Aries and Orion

Neptune is lord of Capricorn

Guest guest

Hi Felicia

Thanks. My situation was related to my PhD program, advisor

expectations and my desires (that 5th house Sun might have been a

factor too :)) and it sort of snowballed into troubles with visa,

work,relationships,finances all at once, kinda complicated. But we

have our lessons.

But more on Jup: I looked again: Paul Newman actually has Jup, Venus

and Merc all in his Sag ascendant. Pretty powerful ascendant that!

There are so many threads :)) I forgot who mentioned this. I believe

it was either Sari or Therese talking about Jup retro and its Jyotish

implications. Jyotishically ( now that's a new word eh:)) retro

planets gain what's called Chesta-bala, which means they try harder.

Someone had also mentioned that the tropical interpret. refers to

getting more introverted about it.

My take on it is both seem true. I know at least three people with Jup

retro. One my former roomie, my sis and a lady friend. The first two

have it on ascendant.

These people surely become enamored with knowledge and with the

pursuit of deeper wisdom. It's very easy to get loads of free unasked

for advise from them too :)) They seem to take a broader view of the

world. Barack Obama has Jup retro and he loves to talk about hope and

inspiration and some have accused him of 'preaching'.

To add my two pennies to what Therese and Sari mentioned about Jup and

the its connection to spirituality and materialism: In the earlier

days,the pre 'new age' era, Jup covered the realm of religion and not

spirituality as we know it today. I supposed ketu reflects the true

non ritual, non structured, pure essence of spirituality.

But jyotishically Jup was not just about religion but also by the same

definition about tradition,since religions came through lineage and

traditions. That should lead us to conclude that strong Jup folks have

what are considered mainstream conservative views, probably have jobs

like bankers etc. that are respectable, approved, high paying but not

new ground breaking. In a sense a part of what we believe about

Saturn now was inbuilt in the effects of Jup then. Just that Jup was

more high class than Saturn. That's my thought process at this point.

I might be completely off too and I will gladly except that. Don't

have much data to prove or disprove this. I do know that the above

mentioned lady friend had exalted, retro Jup and believed very

strongly in a kind of higher status for the caucasian race and that

was one of the reasons we went off on our separate ways. If that is a

valid conclusion then the opposite should hold true too: that a weak

Jup, like say mine, would be the breaker of tradition. I suppose that

describes me well.

BTW I searched around , seems 5 degs is the deepest debil point for

Jup. I believe tropical folks believe the same too but the same is

called 'fallen' there?

Would love to have more inputs and insights on this

Cheers

Shiv

, Felicia Hong

<feliciahong wrote:

>

> Hello Shiv,

>

> Sorry to hear that your Jupiter is giving you so much trouble.

That is not typically how Jupiter is viewed -- jovial, generous,

optimistic, expansive, lucky, etc.

>

> I am curious how your higher education could have been a disaster.

You don't have to share if it's too private, but I'm just very

curious. Being such a lover of learning, it's hard for me to imagine a

disasterous education, but maybe there is something new for me to

learn about life here?

>

> Is it true that 6deg is the deepest debililation degree for

Jupiter? Is that a sidereal thing and is it only applicable when

talking about Jupiter in Cap?

>

> Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

> Felicia

>

> Shiv <theblisswithin wrote:

> Hi Sari, Therese and all

> Paul Newman, I believe has Jup on rising. One has to watch the movie

> Old Hand Luke to watch that undying optimism and the infectious smile

> trait being depicted brilliantly by him there.

> Also the last line in Color of Money/ Green money (?) the one where he

> coaches Tom Cruise character " I am back " . They sure never quit.

>

> BTW are there are any feel good 'new age' or even medieval astro

> reports on the positive side of Jup debilitated? I need to hear

> them:))Have mine in 9 Cap. Is around 6 degs the deepest Debil.

> position? Vedically I am doomed and indeed my higher education was a

> nightmare in my life. Perhaps there is still hope though :))

>

> Thanks

> Shiv

>

> , " Sari M " <gerdapp@> wrote:

> >

> > Therese wrote:

> >

> > But his

> > > chart shows a strong Jupiter influence, which Jyotish relates to

> prophecy,

> > > and Rick did have a good track record with political predictions.

> >

> > Sari:

> >

> > I'm not completely sure if Jupiter signifies prophecy or

> spirituality in the

> > sense we understand those things today. I think that Jupiter is

> mostly about

> > worldly success and well-being; the reason that it's traditionally

> connected

> > with priests and teachers is that those professions used to

> represent the

> > top layer of society.

> >

> > Jupiter may even be quite a materialistic planet. Ibn Ezra wrote on

> the 12th

> > century about Jupiter: " ...He is the best of the planets, indicating

> life

> > and increase of beneficence and fruitfulness and multiplication and

> justice

> > and honesty. . . . He loves to talk a lot and desires praise from

> people.

> > Most of his thoughts is directed towards seeking wealth and

> accumulating it,

> > and winning in everything, in an honest way thought... " Sounds quite

> > materialistic, doesn't it? And people with Jupiter on their

> ascendants look

> > mostly like real winners IMO

> > http://koti.welho.com/jmetsovu/Kuvat/jupiter.htm .

> >

> > Best, Sari

> >

Guest guest

At 05:50 AM 3/19/08 -0000, Shiv wrote:

>

>But jyotishically Jup was not just about religion but also by the same

>definition about tradition,since religions came through lineage and

>traditions. That should lead us to conclude that strong Jup folks have

>what are considered mainstream conservative views, probably have jobs

>like bankers etc. that are respectable, approved, high paying but not

>new ground breaking. In a sense a part of what we believe about

>Saturn now was inbuilt in the effects of Jup then.

Hi Shiv,

A really good definition of Jupiter! And some new word: jyotishically!!

Anyhow I believe you're right about Jupiter, and some of those traits are

most likely incorrectly applied to Saturn today. All we need to do to

support this is to look at the charts and bios of those who have either

Jupiter or Saturn on the ascendant.

>I might be completely off too and I will gladly except that. Don't

>have much data to prove or disprove this. I do know that the above

>mentioned lady friend had exalted, retro Jup and believed very

>strongly in a kind of higher status for the caucasian race and that

>was one of the reasons we went off on our separate ways. If that is a

>valid conclusion then the opposite should hold true too: that a weak

>Jup, like say mine, would be the breaker of tradition. I suppose that

>describes me well.

Very helpful remarks. Think how much we would all learn in a study group

with various people looking up positions in databases and comparing them to

biographies. Sari and I do some of this work, but the ADB bios are limited,

and it really takes more than one or two astrologers to thoroughly study

astrological factors.

If sidereal Capricorn is like tropical Aquarius, then Jupiter would lose

its structure in that sign and be (as you said) a breaker of tradition or

have no concern for tradition. Yes, Jupiter is structure and tradition

rather than Saturn. Saturn disintegrates and brings change. Because the

wrong traits are given to tropical sign names, the characteristics of

planets have become confused. Thus, for example, Saturn gets structure

rather than Jupiter.

Thanks Shiv,

Therese

Guest guest

Hi Shiv,

I'm pretty sure that your Jupiter has served you well in some key aspects. You

seem to have a very upbeat attitude and subtle but persistent sense of humour as

well!

Based on what you said about your PhD experience, I bet you also want to take

on the universe all at once, huh? :-)

Felicia

Shiv <theblisswithin wrote:

Hi Felicia

have our lessons.

have it on ascendant.

describes me well.

called 'fallen' there?

Cheers

Shiv

, Felicia Hong

<feliciahong wrote:

>

> Hello Shiv,

>

>

learn about life here?

>

>

> Felicia

>

>

>

> Thanks

> Shiv

>

> , " Sari M " <gerdapp@> wrote:

> >

> > Therese wrote:

> >

> > But his

> prophecy,

> >

> > Sari:

> >

> spirituality in the

> mostly about

> connected

> represent the

> >

> the 12th

> life

> justice

> people.

> accumulating it,

> ascendants look

> > http://koti.welho.com/jmetsovu/Kuvat/jupiter.htm .

> >

> > Best, Sari

> >

Guest guest

It sounds like we've pretty much been raked over by that Retro Mars.

....Bettina

_____

On Behalf Of Felicia Hong

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:18 AM

Re: Re: Jupiter

Hi Shiv,

I'm pretty sure that your Jupiter has served you well in some key aspects.

You seem to have a very upbeat attitude and subtle but persistent sense of

humour as well!

Based on what you said about your PhD experience, I bet you also want to

take on the universe all at once, huh? :-)

Felicia

Shiv <theblisswithin@ <theblisswithin%40> > wrote:

Hi Felicia

have our lessons.

have it on ascendant.

describes me well.

called 'fallen' there?

Cheers

Shiv

@ <%40>

, Felicia Hong

<feliciahong wrote:

>

> Hello Shiv,

>

>

learn about life here?

>

>

> Felicia

>

>

>

> Thanks

> Shiv

>

> @ <%40>

, " Sari M " <gerdapp@> wrote:

> >

> > Therese wrote:

> >

> > But his

> prophecy,

> >

> > Sari:

> >

> spirituality in the

> mostly about

> connected

> represent the

> >

> the 12th

> life

> justice

> people.

> accumulating it,

> ascendants look

> > http://koti. <http://koti.welho.com/jmetsovu/Kuvat/jupiter.htm>

welho.com/jmetsovu/Kuvat/jupiter.htm .

> >

> > Best, Sari

> >

Guest guest

Thanks for this reply Therese.

I just chanced upon this explanation of Jup in Cap at Barabara Pijan's

site which is causing me to rethink what I had said earlier.

" Jup in Makara [Capricorn]

Neechha

Fidel Castro

Queen Elizabeth II (neechha bhanga, very powerful)

Neecha. Depends on condition of Shani. Believes in following the

rules of his birth culture. Conventional viewpoint. Admits no

alternative rules. Intolerant of diversity. Boring & restricted

location for Guru. Very little true faith in anything except the

government & hard work. Tends toward poverty due to lack of faith in

life's inherent goodness.

If Shani is auspicious, can be materially successful but unlikely to

enjoy the process of achieving goals. Limited ambition. Will usually

find a comfortable niche in government service, where he is minimally

comforted. May prefer to live off or be subsidized by charity or

social-security networks. Can be atheist but tends more toward

ritualistic religious performance, substituting the letter of the law

for the spirit of the law. "

Eager to know what you all think about the above explanation in view

of your personal experience or with others' charts.

BTW, you had asked about my present location. Was that just curiosity

or was there some astrological reason.

Thanks

Shiv

, Therese Hamilton

<eastwest wrote:

>

> At 05:50 AM 3/19/08 -0000, Shiv wrote:

> >

> >But jyotishically Jup was not just about religion but also by the same

> >definition about tradition,since religions came through lineage and

> >traditions. That should lead us to conclude that strong Jup folks have

> >what are considered mainstream conservative views, probably have jobs

> >like bankers etc. that are respectable, approved, high paying but not

> >new ground breaking. In a sense a part of what we believe about

> >Saturn now was inbuilt in the effects of Jup then.

>

> Hi Shiv,

>

> A really good definition of Jupiter! And some new word: jyotishically!!

>

> Anyhow I believe you're right about Jupiter, and some of those

traits are

> most likely incorrectly applied to Saturn today. All we need to do to

> support this is to look at the charts and bios of those who have either

> Jupiter or Saturn on the ascendant.

>

> >I might be completely off too and I will gladly except that. Don't

> >have much data to prove or disprove this. I do know that the above

> >mentioned lady friend had exalted, retro Jup and believed very

> >strongly in a kind of higher status for the caucasian race and that

> >was one of the reasons we went off on our separate ways. If that is a

> >valid conclusion then the opposite should hold true too: that a weak

> >Jup, like say mine, would be the breaker of tradition. I suppose that

> >describes me well.

>

> Very helpful remarks. Think how much we would all learn in a study group

> with various people looking up positions in databases and comparing

them to

> biographies. Sari and I do some of this work, but the ADB bios are

limited,

> and it really takes more than one or two astrologers to thoroughly study

> astrological factors.

>

> If sidereal Capricorn is like tropical Aquarius, then Jupiter would lose

> its structure in that sign and be (as you said) a breaker of

tradition or

> have no concern for tradition. Yes, Jupiter is structure and tradition

> rather than Saturn. Saturn disintegrates and brings change. Because the

> wrong traits are given to tropical sign names, the characteristics of

> planets have become confused. Thus, for example, Saturn gets structure

> rather than Jupiter.

>

> Thanks Shiv,

> Therese

>

Guest guest

At 09:01 PM 3/30/08 -0000, Shiv wrote:

>

>I just chanced upon this explanation of Jup in Cap at Barabara Pijan's

>site which is causing me to rethink what I had said earlier.

>

> " Jup in Makara [Capricorn]

>Neechha

>

>Fidel Castro

>Queen Elizabeth II (neechha bhanga, very powerful)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiv, I view all such descriptions with a very jaundiced eye. Whenever I've

checked for the influence of planets in particular signs, it's never that

complex. I mean I've checked for Saturn on the descendant in various signs,

for example, and sometimes there will be serious illness if Saturn is in

its fall in Aries, of there might be some kind of exalted profession if

Saturn is in Libra.

All that other stuff--I'm afraid I see it mainly as so much verbage which

can never really be tested. It's beyond me how someone can write so much

about planetary positions. And there are perhaps hundreds of astrology

books with extensive delineations of planets in signs. I question all of them.

Well, maybe those astrologers see more than I do!

As for your present location, it's useful for solar returns, but I haven't

had time to calculate them.

Sincerely,

Therese

>[from Barbara Pijan:]

>Neecha. Depends on condition of Shani. Believes in following the

>rules of his birth culture. Conventional viewpoint. Admits no

>alternative rules. Intolerant of diversity. Boring & restricted

>location for Guru. Very little true faith in anything except the

>government & hard work. Tends toward poverty due to lack of faith in

>life's inherent goodness.

>If Shani is auspicious, can be materially successful but unlikely to

>enjoy the process of achieving goals. Limited ambition. Will usually

>find a comfortable niche in government service, where he is minimally

>comforted. May prefer to live off or be subsidized by charity or

>social-security networks. Can be atheist but tends more toward

>ritualistic religious performance, substituting the letter of the law

>for the spirit of the law. "

Guest guest

Dear Ash ji,

Just one clarification in your below mentioned reply to Rakesh ji,

Quote:

For Virgo Lagna, if the same case is there, i.e. if Jupiter is in 7th house in Pisces, then in that case still Jupiter will aspect 11th house which is House C, therefore as per the rule this Jupiter will not give result but here in this case Jupiter is 4th house lord i.e. LoD, so in this case,Jupiter can furnish the timing of event.

Un-Quote:

I thought that when Jupiter is taken into account we consider its aspect only on houses A & B and their lords.

Is it that when it aspects house C, then also it will cause delay or try to prevent the event (unless it is LoD or LoE).

In the KAS chapter which I have recorded, Jupiter's effect is to be seen only on houses A or B and their lords.

I must be missing something.......somewhere.......

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhlesh Mathur

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 Ash's Corner wrote :

>Dear Rakesh ji,

>

>Something is not correct in your 2nd point.

>

>As per the laws of KAS, when any planet Aspects House A, B or C then the

>planet itself cannot give the result, its samdharmi will give. The

>exception to this is that if the same planet is LoD or LoE then it can give

>the result.

>

>For example, If for Gemini lagna, Guru is in 7th house in Sagittarius, then

>such a Guru will aspect House C for House B= 7th. Now for Gemini lagna,

>Jupiter is neither the 4th house lord nor 12th house lord (LoD or LoE)

>therefore, this Jupiter cannot furnish the timing of event of marriage, but

>its samdharmi will give the result.

>

>For Virgo Lagna, if the same case is there, i.e. if Jupiter is in 7th house

>in Pisces, then in that case still Jupiter will aspect 11th house which is

>House C, therefore as per the rule this Jupiter will not give result but

>here in this case Jupiter is 4th house lord i.e. LoD, so in this case,

>Jupiter can furnish the timing of event.

>

>Please understand this basic theory clearly, rest everything will fall in

>place.

>

>Regarding remedies, we do not discuss the same on this list.

>

>Cheers !!!

>Ash -> <http://www.ashtro.ca/> http://www.ashtro.ca

>

>

> On Behalf Of

>rakeshmohan888

>Thursday November 20, 2008 2:45 PM

>

> Can the following assumption be taken as

>a remedy.

>

>My birth details:

>Sept' 30th , 1972 11:12 AM

>Hyderabad, India

>

>1. Using the KAS system I see that I have 7 bindus for Jupiter in

>second house. So as per Guruji's KAS lessons Jupiter the benefic

>planet having more than 4 points will aspect maleficly in 5, 7 & 9th

>house from itself.

>2. Also there is a rule that jupiter the benefic planet will spoil

>the house it resides but gives benefic results in the house it

>aspects.

>

>In my life as said in the first point, I observed that although I

>have been blessed with good opportunities but I have always lost

>money to others. Recently I was told by personal astrologer that as a

>remedy if I do any business on other people's name (anybody) I will

>always be profitable. I think this remedy is correct because it would

>cheat jupiter to help itself in the process.

>

>I think this opens up a new thought process of finding remedy nothing

>to do with gemstone or mantra therapy.

>

>Any comments?

>

>Regards,

>Rakesh

>

Guest guest

Dear

Nikhlesh ji,

What

you are talking about is the delay caused by Jupiter and for that what you have

said is proper. What I am saying is

about the basic law.

Ju

and Ma will aspect House C and House A respectively for which ever house they

are placed in.

For

finding delay caused by Guru, we check if Guru aspects House A and B or LoA and LoB in Rasi or Navamsa.

So

we are talking on 2 different topics.

Cheers !!!

Ash -> http://www.ashtro.ca

On Behalf Of nikhlesh mathur

Friday November 21, 2008

8:13 AM

To:

Re: RE:

Jupiter

Dear Ash ji,

Just one

clarification in your below mentioned reply to Rakesh ji,

Quote:

For Virgo Lagna, if the same case is there, i.e. if Jupiter is in 7th house in

Pisces, then in that case still Jupiter will aspect 11th house which is House

C, therefore as per the rule this Jupiter will not give result but here in this

case Jupiter is 4th house lord i.e. LoD, so in this case,Jupiter can furnish

the timing of event.

Un-Quote:

I thought that when Jupiter is taken into account we consider its aspect only

on houses A & B and their lords.

Is it that when it aspects house C, then also it will cause delay or try to

prevent the event (unless it is LoD or LoE).

In the KAS chapter which I have recorded, Jupiter's effect is to be seen only

on houses A or B and their lords.

I must be missing something.......somewhere.......

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhlesh Mathur

>Dear Rakesh ji,

>

>Something is not correct in your 2nd point.

>

>As per the laws of KAS, when any planet Aspects House A, B or C then the

>planet itself cannot give the result, its samdharmi will give. The

>exception to this is that if the same planet is LoD or LoE then it can give

>the result.

>

>For example, If for Gemini lagna, Guru is in 7th house in Sagittarius, then

>such a Guru will aspect House C for House B= 7th. Now for Gemini

lagna,

>Jupiter is neither the 4th house lord nor 12th house lord (LoD or LoE)

>therefore, this Jupiter cannot furnish the timing of event of marriage, but

>its samdharmi will give the result.

>

>here in this case Jupiter is 4th house lord i.e. LoD, so in this case,

>Jupiter can furnish the timing of event.

>

>Please understand this basic theory clearly, rest everything will fall in

>place.

>

>Regarding remedies, we do not discuss the same on this list.

>

>Cheers !!!

>

>

> On Behalf Of

>rakeshmohan888

>Thursday November 20, 2008 2:45 PM

>

> Can the following assumption be taken

as

>a remedy.

>

>My birth details:

>Sept' 30th , 1972 11:12 AM

>Hyderabad, India

>

>1. Using the KAS system I see that I have 7 bindus for Jupiter in

>second house. So as per Guruji's KAS lessons Jupiter the benefic

>planet having more than 4 points will aspect maleficly in 5, 7 & 9th

>house from itself.

>2. Also there is a rule that jupiter the benefic planet will spoil

>the house it resides but gives benefic results in the house it

>aspects.

>

>In my life as said in the first point, I observed that although I

>have been blessed with good opportunities but I have always lost

>money to others. Recently I was told by personal astrologer that as a

>remedy if I do any business on other people's name (anybody) I will

>always be profitable. I think this remedy is correct because it would

>cheat jupiter to help itself in the process.

>

>I think this opens up a new thought process of finding remedy nothing

>to do with gemstone or mantra therapy.

>

>Any comments?

>

>Regards,

>Rakesh

>

Guest guest

THANKS Ash ji, I got your point.

Regards,

Nikhlesh Mathur

>Dear Nikhlesh ji,

>

>What you are talking about is the delay caused by Jupiter and for that what

>you have said is proper. What I am saying is about the basic law.

>

>Ju and Ma will aspect House C and House A respectively for which ever house

>they are placed in.

>

>For finding delay caused by Guru, we check if Guru aspects House A and B or

>LoA and LoB in Rasi or Navamsa.

>

>So we are talking on 2 different topics.

>

>Cheers !!!

>

>

> On Behalf Of nikhlesh

>mathur

>Friday November 21, 2008 8:13 AM

>

>Re: RE: Jupiter

>

>

> Dear Ash ji,

>

>

> Just one clarification in your below mentioned reply to

>Rakesh ji,

>

>Quote:

>here in this case Jupiter is 4th house lord i.e. LoD, so in this

>case,Jupiter can furnish the timing of event.

>

>Un-Quote:

>I thought that when Jupiter is taken into account we consider its aspect

>only on houses A & B and their lords.

>

>Is it that when it aspects house C, then also it will cause delay or try to

>prevent the event (unless it is LoD or LoE).

>

>In the KAS chapter which I have recorded, Jupiter's effect is to be seen

>only on houses A or B and their lords.

>

>I must be missing something.......somewhere.......

>

>Thanks & Regards,

>Nikhlesh Mathur

>

>

>On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 Ash's Corner wrote :

> >Dear Rakesh ji,

> >

> >Something is not correct in your 2nd point.

> >

> >As per the laws of KAS, when any planet Aspects House A, B or C then the

> >planet itself cannot give the result, its samdharmi will give. The

> >exception to this is that if the same planet is LoD or LoE then it can give

> >the result.

> >

> >For example, If for Gemini lagna, Guru is in 7th house in Sagittarius, then

> >such a Guru will aspect House C for House B= 7th. Now for Gemini lagna,

> >Jupiter is neither the 4th house lord nor 12th house lord (LoD or LoE)

> >therefore, this Jupiter cannot furnish the timing of event of marriage, but

> >its samdharmi will give the result.

> >

> >For Virgo Lagna, if the same case is there, i.e. if Jupiter is in 7th house

> >in Pisces, then in that case still Jupiter will aspect 11th house which is

> >House C, therefore as per the rule this Jupiter will not give result but

> >here in this case Jupiter is 4th house lord i.e. LoD, so in this case,

> >Jupiter can furnish the timing of event.

> >

> >Please understand this basic theory clearly, rest everything will fall in

> >place.

> >

> >Regarding remedies, we do not discuss the same on this list.

> >

> >Cheers !!!

> >Ash -> <http://www.ashtro.ca/> http://www.ashtro.ca

> >

> >

> > On Behalf Of

> >rakeshmohan888

> >Thursday November 20, 2008 2:45 PM

> >

> > Can the following assumption be taken

>as

> >a remedy.

> >

> >My birth details:

> >Sept' 30th , 1972 11:12 AM

> >Hyderabad, India

> >

> >1. Using the KAS system I see that I have 7 bindus for Jupiter in

> >second house. So as per Guruji's KAS lessons Jupiter the benefic

> >planet having more than 4 points will aspect maleficly in 5, 7 & 9th

> >house from itself.

> >2. Also there is a rule that jupiter the benefic planet will spoil

> >the house it resides but gives benefic results in the house it

> >aspects.

> >

> >In my life as said in the first point, I observed that although I

> >have been blessed with good opportunities but I have always lost

> >money to others. Recently I was told by personal astrologer that as a

> >remedy if I do any business on other people's name (anybody) I will

> >always be profitable. I think this remedy is correct because it would

> >cheat jupiter to help itself in the process.

> >

> >I think this opens up a new thought process of finding remedy nothing

> >to do with gemstone or mantra therapy.

> >

> >Any comments?

> >

> >Regards,

> >Rakesh

> >

>

>

>

><http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/click.cgi/www.rediff.com/signatur

>e-default.htm/1050715198@Middle5/2206641_2199021/2201651/1?PARTNER=3 & OAS_QUE

>RY=null> Rediff Shopping