IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Phil Unsubscribed by Jerry from NDS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, pedsie6 writes:

Phil, are you here? Want to discussthat technique which shoots your foot?Pete

***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don't understand, Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endless assumptions about what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don't understand, what I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm trying to defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.

There's one possibility that never occurs to anybody except those who actually know me; that nothing is actually wrong with Phil at all. What a radical thought! You mean it's not about his diaper training or not being chosen for the sand lot team? No, it's actually not about anything except what I keep saying it's about; looking to see what's so.

I cut my teeth on the old (now defunct) AOL forums. Kinda the ghetto of spirituality, full of love-n-light and a switchblade in the gut. It was a period of intense ego work for me made all the more intense because I refused to run from anything, whether it was happening outside me or inside.

What followed that was several years of running a very special forum with a friend. You never heard of it because just the idea terrified almost everybody, but it was by far the most spiritually successful forum I've ever experienced because we stood face to face with this ego monster that stands between where we are and the life we wanted to live. No love-n-light, no nondual pretenses, no bullshit, just humility, courage and trust. We helped lots of folks radically change their lives and sometimes it got very messy, but that place makes places like this look silly and pointless.

However, there came a time when it was no longer in my best interest to continue to focus on ego issues with folks when I knew that there was no ego, and therefore no issues. I figured these 'spiritually advanced' forums where you can't swing a stick without hitting an 'enlightened' dude must be the place for me to continue my work. Imagine my surprise when I find that most of the folks on these forums hopped, skipped and jumped over the ego work so that they could become ego scholars and teacher egos and enlightened egos.

So, I played the game for a while, trying to get something of value out of the forums, focused on self inquiry and expanding and deconstructing my remaining beliefs, but nobody else was doing this work. They're way too busy trying to impress and make friends and win the enlightenment game and they have no idea what I'm doing but they know it's bad and that I need to be learned a thing or two.

So tell me, Pete, are you here to learn me a thing or two?

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 11:16:37 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, tyga writes:

souldreamone wrote:> > > In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, > pedsie6 writes:>> Phil, are you here? Want to discuss> that technique which shoots your foot?>> Pete>> > ***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don't> understand, Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make> endless assumptions about what I want, what I 'm trying to> accomplish, what I don't understand, what I'm afraid of, what my> problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm trying to defend, to> protect, to avoid, to deny.> > There's one possibility that never occurs to anybody except those> who actually know me; that nothing is actually wrong with Phil at> all. What a radical thought! You mean it's not about his diaper> training or not being chosen for the sand lot team? No, it's> actually not about anything except what I keep saying it's about;> looking to see what's so.> > I cut my teeth on the old (now defunct) AOL forums. Kinda the> ghetto of spirituality, full of love-n-light and a switchblade in> the gut. It was a period of intense ego work for me made all the> more intense because I refused to run from anything, whether it> was happening outside me or inside.> > What followed that was several years of running a very special> forum with a friend. You never heard of it because just the idea> terrified almost everybody, but it was by far the most spiritually> successful forum I've ever experienced because we stood face to> face with this ego monster that stands between where we are and> the life we wanted to live. No love-n-light, no nondual pretenses,> no bullshit, just humility, courage and trust. We helped lots of> folks radically change their lives and sometimes it got very> messy, but that place makes places like this look silly and> pointless.> > However, there came a time when it was no longer in my best> interest to continue to focus on ego issues with folks when I knew> that there was no ego, and therefore no issues. I figured these> 'spiritually advanced' forums where you can't swing a stick> without hitting an 'enlightened' dude must be the place for me to> continue my work. Imagine my surprise when I find that most of the> folks on these forums hopped, skipped and jumped over the ego work> so that they could become ego scholars and teacher egos and> enlightened egos.> > So, I played the game for a while, trying to get something of> value out of the forums, focused on self inquiry and expanding and> deconstructing my remaining beliefs, but nobody else was doing> this work. They're way too busy trying to impress and make friends> and win the enlightenment game and they have no idea what I'm> doing but they know it's bad and that I need to be learned a thing> or two.> > So tell me, Pete, are you here to learn me a thing or two?> > > >>>>> ------> **What prompted such a response, if you don't mind me asking? It looks as though there is something going on that I might have missed.regards,tyga---

Welp, from my perspective, Jerry was looking for a new direction for NDS and he came up with the idea of 'taking it to the streets', which was likely a good intuition but lost something in the translation. His idea of that was to talk to folks about nonduality and then come back to the forum to report on what happened. My notion of it was to stop pretending it's our job to enlighten the world and reconnect with the task of 'enlightening' ourselves; bringing spirituality back to the personal level where it needs to be integrated and worked on, meaning ego illusions, unconsciousness. IOW, lets wake ourselves up before we worry about waking up everybody else. Of course, folks would have to notice that they're not awake already, and therein lies the rub.

And so my focus on what's true was a bit more.....um.....intense than usual. Lots of egos got ruffled. I'm sure Jerry would say, too much posting, dominating the forum, attacking others with chain saws, the usual excuses for avoiding the truth.

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 1:23:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Roberibus111 writes:

so..it's all about you then?same old story..b b.b.

***If it was about others, I'd be criticized for that too, wouldn't I? 'What makes you think you know what others need? Deal with yourself first. Same old story.'

Making somebody wrong is child's play....literally.

Truth is, it's about both. I didn't spend 5 years helping others work through their ego issues out of pure selfishness, and Jerry just might have passed up a powerful new direction for NDS, but who knows?

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 2:15:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, pedsie6 writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:>> > > > In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, > pedsie6 writes:> > Phil, are you here? Want to discuss> that technique which shoots your foot?> > Pete> > > > > > ***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don'tunderstand, > Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endlessassumptions about > what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don'tunderstand, what > I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'mtrying to > defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.P: I don't understand you but I want to. Yousaid you are not enlightened, but you postall the time about how to get it.

****I never post about how to get enlightened. I know there is no 'how to'. You must be distorting through your own filters of perception. I have opinions about what is useful and what is not, just as everyone does.

You justwrote you helped a lot of people getting ridof their ego. What qualify you to do that?

****No, I said I helped a lot of people get through their ego issues. Some got past major or minor blocks, some accomplished self acceptance, most became more conscious. What qualifies me to do that is that I'm conscious.

You try to correct the messages of othersall the time. Why do you think your take isbetter than theirs?

***Everybody thinks 'their take' is better than others, including you. That's why they hold it as 'their take'. Sometimes it's better in some contextual way, sometimes not. It's pointless to argue which is which, since it depends on 'your take'.

Is it your superiorbook learning, or your mystical insights?

***A smarmy leading question, no?

Guest guest

souldreamone wrote:

>

>

> In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> pedsie6 writes:

>

> Phil, are you here? Want to discuss

> that technique which shoots your foot?

>

> Pete

>

>

> ***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don't

> understand, Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make

> endless assumptions about what I want, what I 'm trying to

> accomplish, what I don't understand, what I'm afraid of, what my

> problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm trying to defend, to

> protect, to avoid, to deny.

>

> There's one possibility that never occurs to anybody except those

> who actually know me; that nothing is actually wrong with Phil at

> all. What a radical thought! You mean it's not about his diaper

> training or not being chosen for the sand lot team? No, it's

> actually not about anything except what I keep saying it's about;

> looking to see what's so.

>

> I cut my teeth on the old (now defunct) AOL forums. Kinda the

> ghetto of spirituality, full of love-n-light and a switchblade in

> the gut. It was a period of intense ego work for me made all the

> more intense because I refused to run from anything, whether it

> was happening outside me or inside.

>

> What followed that was several years of running a very special

> forum with a friend. You never heard of it because just the idea

> terrified almost everybody, but it was by far the most spiritually

> successful forum I've ever experienced because we stood face to

> face with this ego monster that stands between where we are and

> the life we wanted to live. No love-n-light, no nondual pretenses,

> no bullshit, just humility, courage and trust. We helped lots of

> folks radically change their lives and sometimes it got very

> messy, but that place makes places like this look silly and

> pointless.

>

> However, there came a time when it was no longer in my best

> interest to continue to focus on ego issues with folks when I knew

> that there was no ego, and therefore no issues. I figured these

> 'spiritually advanced' forums where you can't swing a stick

> without hitting an 'enlightened' dude must be the place for me to

> continue my work. Imagine my surprise when I find that most of the

> folks on these forums hopped, skipped and jumped over the ego work

> so that they could become ego scholars and teacher egos and

> enlightened egos.

>

> So, I played the game for a while, trying to get something of

> value out of the forums, focused on self inquiry and expanding and

> deconstructing my remaining beliefs, but nobody else was doing

> this work. They're way too busy trying to impress and make friends

> and win the enlightenment game and they have no idea what I'm

> doing but they know it's bad and that I need to be learned a thing

> or two.

>

> So tell me, Pete, are you here to learn me a thing or two?

>

------

> **

What prompted such a response, if you don't mind me asking? It looks as

though there is something going on that I might have missed.

regards,

tyga

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:

>

>

>

>

> pedsie6 writes:

>

>

> Pete

>

>

>

>

>

understand,

> Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endless

assumptions about

> what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don't

understand, what

> I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm

trying to

> defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.

>

> There's one possibility that never occurs to anybody except those who

> actually know me; that nothing is actually wrong with Phil at all.

What a radical

> thought! You mean it's not about his diaper training or not being

chosen for

> the sand lot team? No, it's actually not about anything except what

I keep

> saying it's about; looking to see what's so.

>

> I cut my teeth on the old (now defunct) AOL forums. Kinda the ghetto

of

> spirituality, full of love-n-light and a switchblade in the gut. It

was a period

> of intense ego work for me made all the more intense because I

refused to run

> from anything, whether it was happening outside me or inside.

>

> What followed that was several years of running a very special forum

with a

> friend. You never heard of it because just the idea terrified almost

> everybody, but it was by far the most spiritually successful forum

I've ever

> experienced because we stood face to face with this ego monster that

stands between

> where we are and the life we wanted to live. No love-n-light, no

nondual

> pretenses, no bullshit, just humility, courage and trust. We helped

lots of folks

> radically change their lives and sometimes it got very messy, but

that place

> makes places like this look silly and pointless.

>

> However, there came a time when it was no longer in my best interest

to

> continue to focus on ego issues with folks when I knew that there

was no ego, and

> therefore no issues. I figured these 'spiritually advanced' forums

where you

> can't swing a stick without hitting an 'enlightened' dude must be

the place

> for me to continue my work. Imagine my surprise when I find that

most of the

> folks on these forums hopped, skipped and jumped over the ego work

so that

> they could become ego scholars and teacher egos and enlightened egos.

>

> So, I played the game for a while, trying to get something of value

out of

> the forums, focused on self inquiry and expanding and deconstructing

my

> remaining beliefs, but nobody else was doing this work. They're way

too busy trying

> to impress and make friends and win the enlightenment game and they

have no

> idea what I'm doing but they know it's bad and that I need to be

learned a

> thing or two.

>

> So tell me, Pete, are you here to learn me a thing or two?

so..it's all about you then?

same old story.

..b b.b.

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

> pedsie6 writes:

>

>

> Pete

>

>

>

>

>

understand,

> Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endless

assumptions about

> what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don't

understand, what

> I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm

trying to

> defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.

P: I don't understand you but I want to. You

said you are not enlightened, but you post

all the time about how to get it. You just

wrote you helped a lot of people getting rid

of their ego. What qualify you to do that?

You try to correct the messages of others

all the time. Why do you think your take is

better than theirs? Is it your superior

book learning, or your mystical insights?

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 4:18:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, pedsie6 writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:>> > > > In a message dated 11/24/2008 2:15:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > pedsie6 writes:> > Nisargadatta , souldreamone@ wrote:> >> > > > > > > > In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, > > pedsie6@ writes:> > > > Phil, are you here? Want to discuss> > that technique which shoots your foot?> > > > Pete> > > > > > > > > > > > ***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don't> understand, > > Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endless> assumptions about > > what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don't> understand, what > > I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm> trying to > > defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.> > P: I don't understand you but I want to. You> said you are not enlightened, but you post> all the time about how to get it. > > > ****I never post about how to get enlightened. I know there is no'how to'. > You must be distorting through your own filters of perception. I have > opinions about what is useful and what is not, just as everyone does. > > > > You just> wrote you helped a lot of people getting rid> of their ego. What qualify you to do that?> > > ****No, I said I helped a lot of people get through their egoissues. Some > got past major or minor blocks, some accomplished self acceptance,most became > more conscious. What qualifies me to do that is that I'm conscious.> > > > You try to correct the messages of others> all the time. Why do you think your take is> better than theirs? > > > > ***Everybody thinks 'their take' is better than others, including you. > That's why they hold it as 'their take'. Sometimes it's better insome contextual > way, sometimes not. It's pointless to argue which is which, sinceit depends > on 'your take'.> > > > Is it your superior> book learning, or your mystical insights?> > > > > ***A smarmy leading question, no?P: I understand now, that you don'twant to be understood, and your answersevade the question by splitting hairs.

****Seems to me I adequately responded to your questions above, with the exception of the one designed like a bear trap. Is my avoidance of that one question your entire basis for concluding that I evade questions, split hairs and don't want to be understood?

Doesn't strike you as odd that you post andpost until people get fed up and kick youout, or you leave wounded by their lack ofacceptance? Why can you express your pointof view and let it go like most people do?

****I believe that's what I do: express my point of view and let it go. Are you implying that I respond multiple times to a post or........what are you implying? I see you searching for something wrong with Phil, I just don't see what you've come up with this time.

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

> In a message dated 11/24/2008 2:15:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> pedsie6 writes:

>

> Nisargadatta , souldreamone@ wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> > pedsie6@ writes:

> >

> > Phil, are you here? Want to discuss

> > that technique which shoots your foot?

> >

> > Pete

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don't

> understand,

> > Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endless

> assumptions about

> > what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don't

> understand, what

> > I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm

> trying to

> > defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.

>

> P: I don't understand you but I want to. You

> said you are not enlightened, but you post

> all the time about how to get it.

>

>

> ****I never post about how to get enlightened. I know there is no

'how to'.

> You must be distorting through your own filters of perception. I have

> opinions about what is useful and what is not, just as everyone does.

>

>

>

> You just

> wrote you helped a lot of people getting rid

> of their ego. What qualify you to do that?

>

>

> ****No, I said I helped a lot of people get through their ego

issues. Some

> got past major or minor blocks, some accomplished self acceptance,

most became

> more conscious. What qualifies me to do that is that I'm conscious.

>

>

>

> You try to correct the messages of others

> all the time. Why do you think your take is

> better than theirs?

>

>

>

> ***Everybody thinks 'their take' is better than others, including you.

> That's why they hold it as 'their take'. Sometimes it's better in

some contextual

> way, sometimes not. It's pointless to argue which is which, since

it depends

> on 'your take'.

>

>

>

> Is it your superior

> book learning, or your mystical insights?

>

>

>

>

> ***A smarmy leading question, no?

P: I understand now, that you don't

want to be understood, and your answers

evade the question by splitting hairs.

Doesn't strike you as odd that you post and

post until people get fed up and kick you

out, or you leave wounded by their lack of

acceptance? Why can you express your point

of view and let it go like most people do?

>

>

>

>

> **************One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social

networks,

> and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com

>

today!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212962939x1200825291/aol?redir=h\

ttp://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp

> %26icid=aolcom40vanity%26ncid=emlcntaolcom00000001)

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 5:02:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Roberibus111 writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:>> > > > In a message dated 11/24/2008 1:23:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > Roberibus111 writes:> > > so..it's all about you then?> > same old story.> > .b b.b.> > > > > ***If it was about others, I'd be criticized for that too, wouldn't I? no'What > makes you think you know what others need?i don't.i don't know how i don't know.i don't think there is anything there to know anyway.>Deal with yourself first.there is nothing to deal with like i said.> Same old story.' > Making somebody wrong is child's play....literally.why are you playing child?trying to make me wrong...literally. > Truth is, it's about both. I didn't spend 5 years helping others work > through their ego issues out of pure selfishness,i would agree...you haven't helped anyone with anything.no one could nor would one be of such non help to others selfishly.that would be dumb.and Jerry just might have passed > up a powerful new direction for NDS, but who knows? oh come on with you!.b b.b."'What makes you think you know what others need? Deal with yourself first." Was a mock quote imagined being said by one who's intention it was to make me wrong for NOT making it about me. It wasn't directed at you, Bob. However, you proceeded to make me 'wrong' for trying to help others anyway, didn't you? Damned if I do, damned if I don't, as long as I'm damned. This is how mind functions; we literally invent whatever we decide to see. I would ask (others) if it's possible to be both awake and asleep at the same time.

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

> In a message dated 11/24/2008 1:23:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> Roberibus111 writes:

>

>

> so..it's all about you then?

>

> same old story.

>

> .b b.b.

>

>

>

>

> ***If it was about others, I'd be criticized for that too, wouldn't I?

no

'What

> makes you think you know what others need?

i don't.

i don't know how i don't know.

i don't think there is anything there to know anyway.

>Deal with yourself first.

there is nothing to deal with like i said.

> Same old story.'

> Making somebody wrong is child's play....literally.

why are you playing child?

trying to make me wrong...literally.

> Truth is, it's about both. I didn't spend 5 years helping others work

> through their ego issues out of pure selfishness,

i would agree...you haven't helped anyone with anything.

no one could nor would one be of such non help to others selfishly.

that would be dumb.

and Jerry just might have passed

> up a powerful new direction for NDS, but who knows?

oh come on with you!

..b b.b.

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 10:02:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ericparoissien writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:...or........what are you > implying? I see you searching for something wrong with Phil, I justdon't see > what you've come up with this time.Implying that you are so emotionally involved, you are drown in theform of you expression; i post once or twice a day at NDS and Jerryrarely let's one through, i don't make a fuss about it, i just keepposting. :-P

***I see a story being written, but the details are sketchy. The fact that I post more than once or twice a day says I'm emotionally involved and drowning in my own expression? Some sort of fuss is also seen? I don't know what to say about all that except perhaps to look at why that story seems to appeal to you. Maybe because your story about yourself seems better? (just a suggestion)

Guest guest

I feel a ramble coming on about this whole posting volume thingy, though it may be just a compulsion to add yet one more post. :) The prevailing wisdom says the more you post, the less spiritually evolved you are, which I guess places the perpetual lurkers at the top of the list. Said wisdom has been repeated so many times nobody seems to question it anymore.

The underlying assumption is that the only reasons for posting are to impress, convince, argue, and I accept that these are the only reasons those folks can find within themselves for posting, and that being the case, they probly should stop the nonsense all together.

If we take a couple of steps back and look at the imagined purpose of a spiritual forum, we might say it's for sharing insights and experiences and wisdom. For exploring the boundaries of our understanding, providing inspiration and a focus of devotion, for the energy and support of like minded seekers looking for a better way of life. Of course, this would require a degree of integrity and humility.

Is that what it is? If so, why the finger waggling at 'excessive posting'? Wouldn't a dedicated seeker be fully involved in such a dynamic process and intensely focused? I think so, and so apparently what has happened in these forums is that they have devolved into exactly what is being claimed; expressions of ego designed to look better, more evolved, righteous, and to enjoy the ego drama. IOW, everybody is fast asleep and going nowhere. I know that you aren't, but you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Niz is rolling over in his grave at such ignorance.

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/24/2008 11:53:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ericparoissien writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:>> > > > In a message dated 11/24/2008 10:02:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > ericparoissien writes:> > Nisargadatta , souldreamone@ wrote:> > ...> > or........what are you > > implying? I see you searching for something wrong with Phil, I just> don't see > > what you've come up with this time.> > > Implying that you are so emotionally involved, you are drown in the> form of you expression; i post once or twice a day at NDS and Jerry> rarely let's one through, i don't make a fuss about it, i just keep> posting. :-P> > > > > > ***I see a story being written, but the details are sketchy. Thefact that I > post more than once or twice a day says I'm emotionally involved and > drowning in my own expression? Some sort of fuss is also seen? Idon't know what to > say about all that except perhaps to look at why that story seemsto appeal > to you. Maybe because your story about yourself seems better? (just a > suggestion)It's that simple, if you are bothered by the way people see you, theyaccept your posts or not, you should listen instead of talking all thetime.****Tell me, Eric. Where did the story come from that I'm bothered? Please tell me who wrote that story. Are you listening or are you just talking?

Guest guest

Thanks. Hehe.

In a message dated 11/24/2008 11:54:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ericparoissien writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:>> I feel a ramble coming on Yeah, you never stop ruminating.---**If you do not wish to receive individual emails, to change your subscription, sign in with your ID and go to Edit My Groups: /mygroups?edit=1Under the Message Delivery option, choose "No Email" for the Nisargadatta group and click on Save Changes.

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/25/2008 1:10:39 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, wwoehr writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:> time.> > ****Tell me, Eric. Where did the story come from that I'm bothered? Please > tell me who wrote that story. Are you listening or are you just talking?> Stop fighting, Phil !Get the emotional steam out of your thoughts which then gracefully will present you a peaceful mind.The stronger an emotion of a topic thought is circling around the longer it will be caught in.What we call identification is nothing else then the emotional weighgt of a thought. The stronger the emotional weight the more that thought is identified.Letting passing away and dying to the emotional drive of one's thoughts is the death of one's identity.Werner***And so I'll ask you the same question, Werner. Where did that story come from? Tell me who wrote the story about fighting and emotional steam and such. I'm sitting here modifying photos in between silly emails and just as relaxed as I can be. So, as you wrote the story, it must be about you. Anything I can help you with, Werner?

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/25/2008 1:42:09 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, dennis_travis33 writes:

Nisargadatta , "roberibus111" <Roberibus111 wrote:>> Nisargadatta , souldreamone@ wrote:> >> > > > > > > > In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, > > pedsie6@ writes:> > > > Phil, are you here? Want to discuss> > that technique which shoots your foot?> > > > Pete> > > > > > > > > > > > ***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don't> understand, > > Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endless> assumptions about > > what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don't> understand, what > > I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm> trying to > > defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.> > > > There's one possibility that never occurs to anybody except those who > > actually know me; that nothing is actually wrong with Phil at all.> What a radical > > thought! You mean it's not about his diaper training or not being> chosen for > > the sand lot team? No, it's actually not about anything except what> I keep > > saying it's about; looking to see what's so.> > > > I cut my teeth on the old (now defunct) AOL forums. Kinda the ghetto> of > > spirituality, full of love-n-light and a switchblade in the gut. It> was a period > > of intense ego work for me made all the more intense because I> refused to run > > from anything, whether it was happening outside me or inside.> > > > What followed that was several years of running a very special forum> with a > > friend. You never heard of it because just the idea terrified almost > > everybody, but it was by far the most spiritually successful forum> I've ever > > experienced because we stood face to face with this ego monster that> stands between > > where we are and the life we wanted to live. No love-n-light, no > nondual > > pretenses, no bullshit, just humility, courage and trust. We helped> lots of folks > > radically change their lives and sometimes it got very messy, but> that place > > makes places like this look silly and pointless.> > > > However, there came a time when it was no longer in my best interest> to > > continue to focus on ego issues with folks when I knew that there> was no ego, and > > therefore no issues. I figured these 'spiritually advanced' forums> where you > > can't swing a stick without hitting an 'enlightened' dude must be> the place > > for me to continue my work. Imagine my surprise when I find that> most of the > > folks on these forums hopped, skipped and jumped over the ego work> so that > > they could become ego scholars and teacher egos and enlightened egos. > > > > So, I played the game for a while, trying to get something of value> out of > > the forums, focused on self inquiry and expanding and deconstructing> my > > remaining beliefs, but nobody else was doing this work. They're way> too busy trying > > to impress and make friends and win the enlightenment game and they> have no > > idea what I'm doing but they know it's bad and that I need to be > learned a > > thing or two.> > > > So tell me, Pete, are you here to learn me a thing or two?> > > > > so..it's all about you then?> > same old story.> > .b b.b.about who else!?;)Marc***There ya go. Who else is there? Hehe. >One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Guest guest

or........what are you

> implying? I see you searching for something wrong with Phil, I just

don't see

> what you've come up with this time.

Implying that you are so emotionally involved, you are drown in the

form of you expression; i post once or twice a day at NDS and Jerry

rarely let's one through, i don't make a fuss about it, i just keep

posting. :-P

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/25/2008 2:12:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, dennis_travis33 writes:

Nisargadatta , souldreamone wrote:>> > > > In a message dated 11/25/2008 1:10:39 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, > wwoehr writes:> > Nisargadatta , souldreamone@ wrote:> > time.> > > > ****Tell me, Eric. Where did the story come from that I'm > bothered? Please > > tell me who wrote that story. Are you listening or are you just > talking?> > > > > Stop fighting, Phil !> > Get the emotional steam out of your thoughts which then gracefully > will present you a peaceful mind.> > The stronger an emotion of a topic thought is circling around the > longer it will be caught in.> > What we call identification is nothing else then the emotional > weighgt of a thought. The stronger the emotional weight the more that > thought is identified.> > Letting passing away and dying to the emotional drive of one's > thoughts is the death of one's identity.> > Werner> > > > ***And so I'll ask you the same question, Werner. Where did that story come > from? Tell me who wrote the story about fighting and emotional steam and > such. I'm sitting here modifying photos in between silly emails and just as > relaxed as I can be. So, as you wrote the story, it must be about you. Anything I > can help you with, Werner?> > > > ....are you married to each?...i mean, it look like....;)Marc

****I'm making Werner sleep on the couch till he learns to behave himself. Hehe.

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

> In a message dated 11/24/2008 10:02:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> ericparoissien writes:

>

>

> ...

>

> or........what are you

> > implying? I see you searching for something wrong with Phil, I just

> don't see

> > what you've come up with this time.

>

>

> Implying that you are so emotionally involved, you are drown in the

> form of you expression; i post once or twice a day at NDS and Jerry

> rarely let's one through, i don't make a fuss about it, i just keep

> posting. :-P

>

>

>

>

>

> ***I see a story being written, but the details are sketchy. The

fact that I

> post more than once or twice a day says I'm emotionally involved and

> drowning in my own expression? Some sort of fuss is also seen? I

don't know what to

> say about all that except perhaps to look at why that story seems

to appeal

> to you. Maybe because your story about yourself seems better? (just a

> suggestion)

It's that simple, if you are bothered by the way people see you, they

accept your posts or not, you should listen instead of talking all the

time.

Guest guest

>

> I feel a ramble coming on

Yeah, you never stop ruminating.

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

> In a message dated 11/24/2008 5:02:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> Roberibus111 writes:

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 11/24/2008 1:23:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> > Roberibus111@ writes:

> >

> >

> > so..it's all about you then?

> >

> > same old story.

> >

> > .b b.b.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ***If it was about others, I'd be criticized for that too,

wouldn't I?

>

>

> no

>

>

>

>

> 'What

> > makes you think you know what others need?

>

>

>

> i don't.

>

> i don't know how i don't know.

>

> i don't think there is anything there to know anyway.

>

>

>

>

>

> >Deal with yourself first.

>

>

>

> there is nothing to deal with like i said.

>

>

>

> > Same old story.'

> > Making somebody wrong is child's play....literally.

>

>

>

> why are you playing child?

>

> trying to make me wrong...literally.

>

>

> > Truth is, it's about both. I didn't spend 5 years helping others

work

> > through their ego issues out of pure selfishness,

>

>

>

> i would agree...you haven't helped anyone with anything.

>

> no one could nor would one be of such non help to others selfishly.

>

> that would be dumb.

>

>

>

>

>

> and Jerry just might have passed

> > up a powerful new direction for NDS, but who knows?

>

>

> oh come on with you!

>

>

> .b b.b.

>

>

>

> " 'What makes you think you know what others need? Deal with yourself

> first. " Was a mock quote imagined being said by one who's intention

it was to make

> me wrong for NOT making it about me. It wasn't directed at you,

Bob. However,

> you proceeded to make me 'wrong' for trying to help others anyway,

didn't

> you? Damned if I do, damned if I don't, as long as I'm damned. This

is how mind

> functions; we literally invent whatever we decide to see. I would ask

> (others) if it's possible to be both awake and asleep at the same time.

you've invented whatever it is you've decided to see.

why do you want to see things this way?

of course, just because you're paranoid..

doesn't mean people aren't out to get you either i guess.

so maybe you are both awake and asleep at the the same time.

damn, you've got my vote on that anyway Phil.

..b b.b.

Guest guest

> time.

>

> ****Tell me, Eric. Where did the story come from that I'm

bothered? Please

> tell me who wrote that story. Are you listening or are you just

talking?

>

Stop fighting, Phil !

Get the emotional steam out of your thoughts which then gracefully

will present you a peaceful mind.

The stronger an emotion of a topic thought is circling around the

longer it will be caught in.

What we call identification is nothing else then the emotional

weighgt of a thought. The stronger the emotional weight the more that

thought is identified.

Letting passing away and dying to the emotional drive of one's

thoughts is the death of one's identity.

Werner

Guest guest

Nisargadatta , " roberibus111 "

<Roberibus111 wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:05:05 A.M. Pacific Standard

Time,

> > pedsie6@ writes:

> >

> > Phil, are you here? Want to discuss

> > that technique which shoots your foot?

> >

> > Pete

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ***Most likely, the answer to both questions is no. You don't

> understand,

> > Pete, and I don't expect you to. I expect you to make endless

> assumptions about

> > what I want, what I 'm trying to accomplish, what I don't

> understand, what

> > I'm afraid of, what my problem is, what's wrong with me, what I'm

> trying to

> > defend, to protect, to avoid, to deny.

> >

> > There's one possibility that never occurs to anybody except

those who

> > actually know me; that nothing is actually wrong with Phil at

all.

> What a radical

> > thought! You mean it's not about his diaper training or not being

> chosen for

> > the sand lot team? No, it's actually not about anything except

what

> I keep

> > saying it's about; looking to see what's so.

> >

> > I cut my teeth on the old (now defunct) AOL forums. Kinda the

ghetto

> of

> > spirituality, full of love-n-light and a switchblade in the gut.

It

> was a period

> > of intense ego work for me made all the more intense because I

> refused to run

> > from anything, whether it was happening outside me or inside.

> >

> > What followed that was several years of running a very special

forum

> with a

> > friend. You never heard of it because just the idea terrified

almost

> > everybody, but it was by far the most spiritually successful forum

> I've ever

> > experienced because we stood face to face with this ego monster

that

> stands between

> > where we are and the life we wanted to live. No love-n-light, no

> nondual

> > pretenses, no bullshit, just humility, courage and trust. We

helped

> lots of folks

> > radically change their lives and sometimes it got very messy,

but

> that place

> > makes places like this look silly and pointless.

> >

> > However, there came a time when it was no longer in my best

interest

> to

> > continue to focus on ego issues with folks when I knew that there

> was no ego, and

> > therefore no issues. I figured these 'spiritually advanced' forums

> where you

> > can't swing a stick without hitting an 'enlightened' dude must be

> the place

> > for me to continue my work. Imagine my surprise when I find that

> most of the

> > folks on these forums hopped, skipped and jumped over the ego work

> so that

> > they could become ego scholars and teacher egos and enlightened

egos.

> >

> > So, I played the game for a while, trying to get something of

value

> out of

> > the forums, focused on self inquiry and expanding and

deconstructing

> my

> > remaining beliefs, but nobody else was doing this work. They're

way

> too busy trying

> > to impress and make friends and win the enlightenment game and

they

> have no

> > idea what I'm doing but they know it's bad and that I need to be

> learned a

> > thing or two.

> >

> > So tell me, Pete, are you here to learn me a thing or two?

>

>

>

>

> so..it's all about you then?

>

> same old story.

>

> .b b.b.

about who else!?

;)

Marc