IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kali_Upasaka

Bhakti _Experiences

Rate this topic

I have started this thread to share our experiences in Bhakti.

Not definitions of Bhakti or stages of Bhakti.

Plain and simple experiences we have had. Our feeling, emotions.

There was a saint in Kerala who was a great Bhakta of Narayana. To him all deities assumed the form of Narayana. He went to Chottanikara Bhagvathi temple, a famous Devi temple. He started singing to her

Amme Narayana ( Mother Narayana)

Badre Narayana

Lakshmi Narayana

His words became so popular that the devotees even today pray with these words.

I have found myself calling Maago in Shiva temples.

A true Bhakta is supposed to see his Ishta Devata everywhere.

Then you go a temple. If they sing the Lord's name after the Aarti do you get lost?

I was lost in Bhakti once when I want to the local Gowdiya Math for the evening Aarti. The atmosphere, the singing, dancing. The Bhava overflows and you are lost to the world.

I am sure many of our members would have had such experiences.

So let us have a sathsang.

Nice thread but one thing I would like to ask,are we suppose to share our divine experence with others?If my knowledge is right we are not,please confirm.

Although I agree with your lost theory my friend,it is indeed a divine experence.

There are some experiences you do not share with anyone but your Guru. These are like markers in one's spiritual progress.

But what we can share is happiness. There was a time when I used to think the top of the world feeling was when I was sitting in my favourite chair in the night with a balloon glass of Cognac after a good dinner. With soft music, in front of the french windows which opened out to the view of the distant hills. Late in the night with lights dimmed out.

But then after experiencing the happiness and feeling of spirituality/ Bhakthi or whatever you call it the above experience pales into insignificance.