IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Smiley

Andrea Devi

Rate this topic

Frankly I quite don't know what to think about this. I would welcome everyone sharing their insights on this story:

Renowned singer Andrea of only Sanskrit rock band marries in Nevada

Las Vegas Herald

Saturday 9th May, 2009

(ANI)

Nevada (US), May 9 : Andrea Devi Forman, the lead singer of the only Sanskrit rock band of the world Shanti Shanti, married an attorney Joel A. Santos in a traditional Catholic church ceremony in Sparks (Nevada, USA) on May eight.

Acclaimed Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, who was present at the wedding, will also bless the couple in customary Hindu way once they return from their honeymoon in Canada.

Andrea recently released her sixth album titled "Veda" on the oldest scripture of the world Vedas. This groundbreaking work, which took one year to complete involving extensive research, contains shlokas (hymns) from all four Vedas-Rig-veda, Sama-veda, Atharva-veda, and Yajur-veda; some as old as 1,500 BCE.

Andrea has never been to India, never had a Sanskrit teacher, and still she can spontaneously chant, read, write, and translate Sanskrit since she was nine years old. She has toured various countries and various states of USA with her Shanti Shanti band giving packed Sanskrit musical performances. She has been in various television shows, mentioned in various publications, and extensively written about. http://story.lasvegasherald.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/1e0899715fbc2697/id/499520/cs/1/

Frankly I quite don't know what to think about this. I would welcome everyone sharing their insights on this story:

I`ve never been to India. I never studied sanskrit. And here I am for the last 9 years sharing my thoughts in what I think & feel is Hindu. Maybe in my past life I was one. Because if I were not, I would have posted this view in visaya ( our local culture & language).:eek4:

Andrea has never been to India, never had a Sanskrit teacher, and still she can spontaneously chant, read, write, and translate Sanskrit since she was nine years old.

if its true then its fantastic . i guess its the samskaras doing the work . paranormal science or parapsychology , what is it ?

i remember one incident where one of our local 24 hours news tv channel was showing a sixth standard boy who can instantly say on which day of the week a particular date would fall on . for example when asked ' 18th january of 2013 would fall on which day ? ' he would immediately reply back with the correct answer , say monday or thrusday . this he did with absolute precision .

if its true then its fantastic . i guess its the samskaras doing the work . paranormal science or parapsychology , what is it ?

i remember one incident where one of our local 24 hours news tv channel was showing a sixth standard boy who can instantly say on which day of the week a particular date would fall on . for example when asked ' 18th january of 2013 would fall on which day ? ' he would immediately reply back with the correct answer , say monday or thrusday . this he did with absolute precision .

It`s simply good karma. Unlike what I saw on television of a boy whose arms were severed at birth. Maybe in his past life, he killed a vaishnava by squeezing the latter`s neck with his bare hands.