IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
srinivas_pv

Reg. changing the thread in rudraksha mala

Rate this topic

Hi,

I am wearing rudraksha since few months, and want to change the thread as it became slightly old.

However I am unable to insert thread in holes, as the holes are tiny. Also tried to use needle but I can insert only very thin thread (which is used for clothes stitching) and I guess this thread can not hold beads.

So what is best way to change the thread (which is easy to change in long term basis)?

Or is it better to use gold/siver caps/wire?

Thanks,

Srinivas

Dear Srinivasji

No idea I have about the size of Rudraksha you have but I presume they are smaller type and silky perhaps.

You can either drill little bigger hole and use wool or strong cotton thread,tie beads facing mouth to mouth and tail to tail,apply knots chating Om Fat while you apply each knots.

Om Namah Shivay.

Hi Hindustani,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

My beads (2 face) and it is regular size (1.5- 2cm), however hole size is small. I can increase hole size through driller, however it may damage the bead and I am not sure on that.

I am thinking of using metal wire which can be used in long term. Could you provide any suggestions on this?

If not any metal wire, I would go for gold/silver caps.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

You can use copper thin wire,no problem what so ever,in this case which spacers will you use?

See by shashtra you must tie knots between the beads to avoid friction and in your case if you are going to use copper wire you can use woolen spacers between beads.This woolen spacers are available with rudraksha vendors or with jewellers.In old time Jewellers used to use them in earings.

ps-You can also use small sphatiks between beads or zero size rudraksha beads.