IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
xero

why krishna skin was blue?

Rate this topic

Guest Guest

Robert Adan Williams said...

The name Krishna literally means "black, dark-blue". My Guru explained that in India (as in Ethiopia) blue is considered light-black and that black is the darkest shade of blue. Krishna's black color may refer to the historical figure's actual complexion. It is no secret that people with extremely dark skin can exhibit a bluish sheen. My cousin had an uncle on his father's side of the family who was so black, they called him "Blue". The first person I saw when I visited India the first time was an airport guard who was also so black that he was blue. He was so blue, in fact, that his visual impact was one that I never forgot. This impact may indeed be why the name Krishna, which means "black," is also interpreted as "all attractive," because such a complexion is so visual commanding. Obviously we can ascribe to many different kinds of philosophical and spiritual reasons why Lord Krishna is depicted as black or blue, but all of it seems to be a rather shallow and transparent attempt by dominant classes to avoid believing that he might actually have been black. I am not saying he was a black African. He was a black Indian. The original inhabitants of India, India's indigenous people, were black people. Krishna was not an Aryan. That's all. Accept it and get over it. The true God dwells within anyway, in the dark, lustrous void of the heart of consciousness where love dwells and light arises as the manifest expression of this material universe. That is Krishna. Allusions to rainclouds, however sweetly poetic, while conveying a devotional sentiment, miss the point entirely if taken literally. Radharani, Krishna was black.