Lotusflower Posted December 20, 2008 Report Posted December 20, 2008 Hare Krishna, I always hear devotees say, you should always respect Prasdam be it, from Iskcon devotees or Narayana Maharaja Camp. Though when I was in Rupa Sanatana Gaudiya Matha in Vrindavana, after the meal I saw many devotees throwing away the left-overs in a bin and then feeding it to the animals outside. Quote
bija Posted December 20, 2008 Report Posted December 20, 2008 Feeding the animals with prasadam (left-overs) is a good thing. I read this in one of the Goswami's writings some time ago. Sorry I cant recall where. This is considered prasadam distribution. Rather than throwing it in the bin with plastics and other unusable waste, why not put it in a compost and feed the worms, critters, and plant life. Quote
Hari Bhakta dasa Posted December 20, 2008 Report Posted December 20, 2008 Feeding the animals the prasadam is not throwing it away. Quote
Lotusflower Posted December 20, 2008 Author Report Posted December 20, 2008 The only time I didn't see any food being thrown away was when rice pudding was on the menu. Strange. Quote
pandora Posted December 20, 2008 Report Posted December 20, 2008 when ever we have left over prasadam that not being eaten, we just scatter it on the front lawn, the sparrows here love it they wont stop till theyve finished all of it Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.