Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

“Come to the conclusion: I am unborn, I was unborn

and I shall remain unborn” - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Edited by

PRADEEP APTE, PhD

Composed by

Vijayendra Deshpande

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Mr. Damodar Lund, English and Aesthetics Professor, deeply interested in mysticism and

Buddhism and an ardent disciple of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, was a regular participant in the

satsangs held by Maharaj at his residence. This book is the product of the notes, he took during

the meetings, which he left behind, before his untimely death. Mrs. Kamala Lund, his wife, was

kind enough to allow me to use the notes for the preparation of the book. She wanted it to be

distributed freely on the Internet, as Maharaj would have wanted it, had he been alive. Mr.

Pradeep Apte, in spite of his hectic schedule was kind enough to edit the notes in preparation of

the book, for which I am extremely grateful. I am also thankful to my friend Mr. Gajanan

Netrawali, who encouraged me to take up this task, and also to put up the website for free

materials on Maharaj. -VIJAYENDRA DESHPANDE

YOU MAY FREELY DISTRIBUTE THIS EBOOK AS A WHOLE. NO ALTERATIONS OF

THIS EBOOK IS ALLOWED. THIS EBOOK CANNOT BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL

EXPLOITATION IN WHOLE OR IN PART. FOR DETAILS AND OTHER INFORMATION

ON THE BOOK, PLEASE MAIL TO vijaydesh7@gmail.com

Table of Contents

1. The Elemental Play ...............................................................................................................................4

2. No-beingness ........................................................................................................................................5

3. The Brahma Aperture ............................................................................................................................6

4. This ‘I am’ business ..............................................................................................................................8

5. A Kohinoor Diamond ..........................................................................................................................10

6. Unborn Children ................................................................................................................................12

7. Beyond Concepts ...............................................................................................................................15

8. Beingness ...........................................................................................................................................17

9. Worship the ‘I am’ ..............................................................................................................................19

10. It’s kept in your Palm! ......................................................................................................................21

11. A Wound ..........................................................................................................................................22

12. Nisargadatta .....................................................................................................................................23

13. Take it (‘I am’) as Destiny ................................................................................................................25

14. Mind cannot interpret You ................................................................................................................28

15. The Beingness Dynasty .....................................................................................................................31

16. Everybody listens, few Practice ........................................................................................................33

17. Kick the Thoughts out! .....................................................................................................................35

18. Knowledge has no form ....................................................................................................................37

19. Birth is an illusion .............................................................................................................................39

20. Falseness begins with your Parents ...................................................................................................41

21. Paul’s Redemption ............................................................................................................................42

22. A Village without Day or Night ........................................................................................................47

23.The ‘I am’ is God ...............................................................................................................................49

24. The self-annihilator’s cry (‘Har Har Mahadev!’) ..............................................................................52

25. You are Limitless ..............................................................................................................................54

26. Annihilate yourself by your own identity .........................................................................................56

27. The Soundless Sound ........................................................................................................................58

28. Just be, to realize No-beingness ........................................................................................................60

29. The Telescope ..................................................................................................................................63

30. You are not whatever you Experience ..............................................................................................65

31. How you met your Parents? ..............................................................................................................67

32. The ‘I am’ is the Primary Illusion .....................................................................................................69

33. Meditation means merging with Beingness ......................................................................................71

34. Swallow the Beingness .....................................................................................................................73

35. Body identity is an Illusion ...............................................................................................................75

36. The ‘I am’ is temporary in the Infinite ..............................................................................................76

37. Transcend the ‘I am’ .........................................................................................................................79

38. The Python’s Breath ..........................................................................................................................80

39. The age of an Unborn child ...............................................................................................................82

40. I am not whatever I think ..................................................................................................................85

41. You are, so just be .............................................................................................................................89

42. Your destiny is not death, but the disappearance of ‘I am’ ...............................................................93

43. You are the Principle that rejects the Body .......................................................................................95

44. I am Unborn .....................................................................................................................................97

45. From no-knowingness, suddenly ‘I am’ ...........................................................................................99

46. The Witnessing principle ever prevails ...........................................................................................102

47. The ‘I am’ is formless .....................................................................................................................104

48. Guru means, not an individual ........................................................................................................106

49. There is no other Brahman greater than you ...................................................................................108

50. The touch of ‘I amness’ is unreal ....................................................................................................109

51. ‘You are’ has no form .....................................................................................................................111

52. The fish out of water .......................................................................................................................113

53. Awakened Knowledge is Meditation ..............................................................................................120

54. Nothing…. ‘Something for sometime’…. Nothing ........................................................................122

55. The Color of The ‘Seer’ ..................................................................................................................125

56. Everything happens in the Knowledge ‘I am’ .................................................................................127

http://charliehayes36.tripod.com/sri_nisargadatta_i_am_unborn.pdf