IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Sublime Siksa Line

Rate this topic

Good news from Auckland, New Zealand, Yuga Avatar prabhu, he's suggesting, this is good, lets act as siksa agents and preach on behalf of the acharyas. Finally a staunch GM/ISKCON follower de facto surrendering to the real path - we need to preach on behalf of the bona fide acharyas.

Sublime Siksa Line versus Ritvik Sahijya Deviation

BY: YUGA AVATAR DAS

Oct 02, AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND — A personal letter to Madhudvisa das.

To my new friend Madhudvisa das, we have a close siksa guru in Jayadharma prabhu. Please accept my obeisances.

diksa guru kripa kori mantra upadesa, koriya dekhan krishna tattva nirdesa, siksa guru brnda kripa koriya apar, sadhake sikhan sadhaner anga sar appears in Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur's Kalyana Kalpataru. The translation reads, the initiating spiritual master, diksa guru, shows his causeless mercy by giving his disciples instructions in chanting the mantra. By doing so he points the disciples in the direction of the truths pertaining to the Supreme Lord, Sri Krishna. I consider the numerous instructing spiritual masters, siksa gurus, to be more important, for they show mercy by training the sadhakas in all aspects of devotional service.

So this obviously shows Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur's mood, that this is a siksa line. Also, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur mentions in his parampara song that it is indeed a siksa parampara. That it is a Bhagavat line, which relies on substance over form, not a line of bodily succession, but recognition of where great Vaishnavas and their conception of pure bhakti takes form and shape. In other words, Biphin Bihari Goswami formally initiated Bhaktivinoda Goswami, after a dream Thakur Bhaktivinoda had in which Chaitanya Mahaprabhu informed him to take the swami as his diksa guru. However, Biphin Bihari Goswami was addicted to smoking and had accepted several erroneous conceptions about pure devotional service, notably concerning Raghunatha das Goswami coming from a lower caste.

Hence, on a pretense of being ill, Srila Bhaktivonda Thakura sent his son, who confronted and defeated the assembled caste brahmins, the majority being convinced of his superior realization. Since Biphin Bihari Goswami had published his position publicly in disagreement to Bhaktivinoda Thakur's position, a mutual distance had been created by the Lord which would remain indefinitely.

Actually Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur completely rejected the idea that Biphin Bihari Goswami was the guru, or indeed any spiritual benefactor of any kind to Bhaktivinoda Thakur. He commented that Bhaktivinoda Thakur was indeed the delegation of Sri Radharani, not the continuation of a bodily-form line symptomatic of caste brahmanism. Rather, he represented a Bhagavat conception, where preaching substance prevails over form and so-called diksa conception. If being bold, one would submit that it is necessary to have vigor, life and spiritual enthusiasm to preach. And hence you have the presence of the Bhagavat line and siddhanta.

In other words, in a practical example, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Thakur accepted diksa mantra initiation from Gaura Kisore das Babiji maharaja in 1900. He also accepted Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur as his substantial guru, also receiving mantras to worship the deity in 1881, and hari nama diksa in 1886. Obviously this portrays that Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur took spiritual nourishment from his two siksa and diksa gurus. Actually it was Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur who enthusiastically demanded that Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati take diksa from Gaura Kisore das Babiji. This provides those followers of Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada with a unique broad vision of their substantial parampara line.

In conclusion, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura confirms his opinion that he sees the many siksa guru who daily instruct the sadhakas in all facets of devotional service as more important and demonstrative of our unique spiritual heritage. This interesting perception I gained recently from... prakrta rasa shata... Narasingha Swami, however one should indeed have the mercy of Guru and Gauranga to appreciate its full siddhanta.

So my dear Madhudvisa das, please accept my humble obeisances to yourself and your diksa guru, Jayadharma das, if indeed you are part of Srila Prabhupada's ISKCON movement. Your diksa guru was my close friend and Temple President for at least seven years. However, if you see yourself as approaching through some Ritvik style initiation, then may your new ideas lead you to the real siddhanta and eventual situation at the lotus feet of our glorious previous acaryas mercy.

your servant,

Yuga Avatar das

Om Tat Sat

P.S. Try to see the good within your many siksa gurus, and it is my small realization that indeed your bleak and very sad perception of my devotees will be replaced by Krishna's sublime mercy. This is indeed backed up by this wonderful siksa history, in my humble opinion.