IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

2009 - The Gathering Clouds

Rate this topic

2009 - The Gathering Clouds

The Coming Financial and Economic Meltdown

by Drew Lawrence - Duryodhanaguru dasa (ACBSP)

<!-- end intro-content --> <!-- end intro --> http://www.drewlawrence.com/events/2009thegatheringclouds.php

<!-- end sidebar --> The year 2009 is beginning to appear as the year the financial and economic house of cards is likely to fall. On the heels of the upheaval we are currently experiencing with the cave in and collapse of a number of America’s big investment banks, the gathering clouds in troubled skies indicate ominous times to come.

First, let us look to our history, from a Vedic Astrological perspective. The yearly chart or horoscope of any country in the world can be calculated from the moment the Sun and Moon are in exact conjunction in the sky in the sign of Pisces. The latitude and longitude used is that of a particular nation’s capital. Why this specific moment? The conjunction of the sun and moon is an inception point or more correctly, a conception point when father Sun and mother Moon conceive the child who will symbolize the karmic reckoning for the coming year.

We will use the United States as our harbinger since what happens there is likely to affect the greatest number of people around the world. In 1929, the stock market crashed. This ushered in the so-called Great Depression. In the US Yearly Chart for 1929, we find Jupiter in conjunction with the North Node, Rahu, in the 8th house of the chart. Jupiter represents finances, cash flow, money, economy, etc. When Rahu and Jupiter are together, it is a yoga or planetary combination for bankruptcy. Rahu’s gathering gloom of ruin, collapse and karmic retribution threw its dark shadow on the path of progress. The 8th house of the nation’s chart represents failure, undoing, reversal, sabotage and death.

In the USA’s Yearly Chart of 1987, Rahu again confronted Jupiter in a dark alley, this time in the 12th house, and made him pay the ultimate price once again. This assault resulted in Black Monday and the markets crashed yet again. The 12th house represents loss, mismanagement and theft.

More recently, in 2001, the US was attacked by foreign terrorists on September 11th, better known as 911. At that time, Jupiter was in conjunction with Saturn in the 8th house of the Yearly Chart of the US. Though not Rahu, Saturn can behave in a similar manner but is more likely to bring a war-like attack from an outside aggressor or comparable devastation. As a result of this seemingly unexpected assault, the economy experienced a near meltdown, which lasted well into the next year. People went nowhere and did nothing.

According to the US Yearly Chart of 2009, the US is heading toward an economic reversal, the likes of which have never been experienced before. The official date of this chart’s inception is March 26, 2009. In this chart, Jupiter, representing finance and economics, is situated in his sign of debilitation, Capricorn, in the 8th house of failure and reversal. And right nearby, also in Capricorn, is his old nemesis, Rahu. This is exactly the conjunction that took place in 1929 but this one is worse since Jupiter is at his weakest disposition in Capricorn. The details of how this will unfold are anybody’s guess. But at this writing, Lehman Brothers Bank has just filed for bankruptcy and Merrill Lynch has been sold off to Bank of America like salvaged remnants in a fire sale. Only two US investment banks remain — Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. The duration of this Yearly Chart’s effects is one year beginning March 26, 2009. Within that time frame, Jupiter will go into retrograde or backward motion from June 15 until October 12, 2009. This may result in the increase of economic and financial woes during this four month period.

Let us examine the underlying malaise which may have contributed to the coming collapse. America, as well as many other countries around the world (and not just Western countries), are embroiled in materialism. They live to shop, spend, acquire and consume. This is further encouraged by the government itself and certainly by the advertising and marketing agencies. If you want to know the goals and objectives of a society and its people, just look at its ads and billboards.

The largest and tallest buildings being built throughout the world are a testament to materialism — big corporations involved in banking, insurance, oil consumption, etc. In ancient times, they were temples, cathedrals and churches built as a tribute to God, for the purification and salvation of the people. The current spate of erect buildings is a tribute to the profits of oil gougers, insurance companies who bend over backwards to avoid paying claims, and banks who attach surcharges when customers call them on the phone and ask to speak to a live employee for help or clarification.

It is interesting to watch these investment banks and brokerage houses fail, those who chant the sacred mantras, “From Greed Comes Profit,” or “From Fear Comes Loss.” It is one thing to protect your money with wise investments with a desire to make it grow and expand. It is another thing entirely when the infectious virus of greed takes over as it did in the case of corporate energy giant Enron. Self undoing is sure to follow. And so too, it appears yet again.

Another example of greed is the sub-prime mortgage debacle when the mortgage companies and banks gave mortgages to people who could not afford them or who could not afford an increase in the interest rate. So many of these people have been foreclosed on and their homes seized by the banks who are forced to carry this bad debt.

Other contributors to the existing chaos over recent years are corrupt clergy, churches and religions, corrupt political leaders, corrupt business leaders, and corrupt accounting firms.

So-called investors and speculators are able to gamble and speculate on the very staples and commodities that people depend on to sustain their day to day lives, such as oil for driving to work and heating our homes. This results in artificially driving up the price of such commodities. A similar problem was caused by Enron when they deliberately created real and imaginary shortages during the 2000-2001 California energy crisis, in order to drive up prices and reap vast profits in the state’s newly deregulated energy market. Enron executives used various schemes to defraud officials running the state’s power grid, to manipulate energy supplies and literally loot the state treasury of billions of dollars. All this in the name of shareholder and personal profit. These executives are now all behind bars.

Now we have the Federal Government (you) bailing out these banks and mortgage companies. This is like paying off the bad debts of a gambling addict and then giving him a large financial cash infusion so that he can begin his nonsense all over again!

We are too dependent on the system and on others. We need to take more responsibility for our own lives and well-being. It is becoming increasingly dangerous to depend on a devious government or political system that is enslaved by profit and greed. People are encouraged to eat food out of a jar, a can or a take-out box. When was the last time you pulled your food out of the ground, washed the rich earth from it and then lovingly prepared a meal? It is time to start seriously thinking about growing your own food, my friends, if you haven’t already.

The United States just prints money whenever it needs it. There is no gold standard. They do not actually have the gold to back up the amount of money they choose to print. What is the difference in the government doing this or you writing a bad check without the proper funds in your bank account? I believe this is called fraud.

How can you print money without possessing gold, carry a trillion dollar trade deficit, fund two wars and talk about starting a third, bear the sub-prime mortgage collapse, and prop up bankrupt banks overwhelmed with bad debt and mismanagement, and still remain a solvent and viable financial entity? Welcome to America!

This collapse is long overdue. We can pray that a healthy and balanced restoration and renewal will come out of all this — a return to spiritual values and human virtue. If I am wrong about this prediction, then wonderful. But I am not the only one predicting such a thing. Others, using their own methods of prediction, are saying the same thing. We won’t have long to wait to find out.

What steps should you take? It is probably best to get out of the stock market entirely. Buy land, gold, precious metals and precious gemstones. This is real wealth in all times of crisis and it is inflation proof. Get rid of US dollars and buy gold or perhaps selected foreign currencies, such as the Euro. If you own land, grow food and drill a well so you can have your own water supply if possible. Drive an alternative fuel vehicle (I bought a horse myself). Remember, they are trying to keep you dependent on them. And look at the result. It is time for us to become as independent as possible.

Also bear in mind, these are cycles and which come and go. After collapse comes renewal. After winter comes the spring.

Interesting post, Suchandra.

I do believe that we are witnessing the death of America. I believe that this is not only caused by America's own chart by also due to the Galactic Winter Solstice happening 12.21.2012 - which is connected with America in so many ways...

On 12.21.2012 the Sun will be at the galactic center (6º40" Sagittarius) on a solstice for the first time in 12,500 years.

The last time it caused a flood which destroyed Atlantis, the previous cultural capital of humanity. And ushered in the ages of decline which hit their nadir around 500AD during the dark ages.

Since that time we have climbed gradually, but have become obsessed with technology. We are in a new age, but have yet to full cast off the shadow of the dark age we left. The global events centered on 12.21.2012 will change that and will user in the ages of ascension in which humanity will gradually regain a more perfect way of existing on earth.

The Mayan calendar ends at 2012... On the winter solstice of 2012 the Sun will align with the center of the Moola stellar nakshatra where the exact galactic center is presumed to be (6º40' Sagittarius) . Between 12/21/2012 and 12/22/2012 the Sun will cross this point in connection with a solstice.

There is also a strong alignment of planets Venus, Mercury and Jupiter on the Rahu-Ketu axis. And the two superstar "malefics" - Mars and Saturn - are exalted.

The candidates for American Presidency have Mars and Saturn in suspicious positions related to this event.

I feel that there is a very strong possibility of an ice age descending from the southern tip of Iceland and progressing down the eastern coast of North America. Or some similar cold / ice related event heralding the beginning of a substantial change in our way of living which will be difficult and catastrophic at first but which will eventually be beneficial.

As a reality check I have to note that I am dealing with time scales on the level of 25,000 years. So even small inaccuracies will produce deviations of a few years. Safe to say we a currently in the margin of error, but 12.21.2012 remains the focal point or mine (and most astrologers') calculations.

Interesting post, Suchandra.

I do believe that we are witnessing the death of America. I believe that this is not only caused by America's own chart by also due to the Galactic Winter Solstice happening 12.21.2012 - which is connected with America in so many ways...

On 12.21.2012 the Sun will be at the galactic center (6º40" Sagittarius) on a solstice for the first time in 12,500 years.

The last time it caused a flood which destroyed Atlantis, the previous cultural capital of humanity. And ushered in the ages of decline which hit their nadir around 500AD during the dark ages.

Since that time we have climbed gradually, but have become obsessed with technology. We are in a new age, but have yet to full cast off the shadow of the dark age we left. The global events centered on 12.21.2012 will change that and will user in the ages of ascension in which humanity will gradually regain a more perfect way of existing on earth.

The Mayan calendar ends at 2012... On the winter solstice of 2012 the Sun will align with the center of the Moola stellar nakshatra where the exact galactic center is presumed to be (6º40' Sagittarius) . Between 12/21/2012 and 12/22/2012 the Sun will cross this point in connection with a solstice.

There is also a strong alignment of planets Venus, Mercury and Jupiter on the Rahu-Ketu axis. And the two superstar "malefics" - Mars and Saturn - are exalted.

The candidates for American Presidency have Mars and Saturn in suspicious positions related to this event.

I feel that there is a very strong possibility of an ice age descending from the southern tip of Iceland and progressing down the eastern coast of North America. Or some similar cold / ice related event heralding the beginning of a substantial change in our way of living which will be difficult and catastrophic at first but which will eventually be beneficial.

As a reality check I have to note that I am dealing with time scales on the level of 25,000 years. So even small inaccuracies will produce deviations of a few years. Safe to say we a currently in the margin of error, but 12.21.2012 remains the focal point or mine (and most astrologers') calculations.

Agree, it is hard to believe that US is a singular case since US spread their currency system all around the globe.

In fact 99% of the global currencies are controlled by the World Bank and all the nations paying interest for their monetary system installed by the World Bank.

The last twenty years witnessed a great shift of money upwards, to a smaller and smaller pack of greedy beasts.

While the majority of Americans lost the ability to send their children to universities, these fat cats bought themselves villas in Florida and houses in Tel Aviv.

Worse, they spent their billions buying up the media in order to subvert American democracy and send American soldiers to fight wars in far-away places.

A big part of the stolen money was siphoned off to Israel, where apartment prices went through the roof and are still rising.

So it could be rather a diverting the attention policy of the super rich how they became even more rich - to fool the mass of people that banks are collapsing.

Since we have the prediction of the Yuga Avatar that the Sankirtan Movement will spread in every town and village, I see that things are ultimately developing in this direction.

Only problem why things are delaying, the Vaishnava institutions who are presently turning Vaishnavism into private orgs with private owners and trying to find out if "absolute power corrupts absolutely" ?

Then the leadership of the Vaishnava movement might well be worshipping at that altar rather than at Krishna's corruption free system.

Don't worry about the "organizations" and institutions and what they are doing or not doing. Dharma is spread by dharmic souls, institutions are not primary. Dharma is the fire element. It spreads like fire.

Anyway, we are in the ascending small dvapara yuga, and I believe that this winter 2012 solstice is going to herald it in with trumpets and you're going to see the waning of america as well as of the judeo-christian religions and thought processes beginning markedly at that time.

Don't worry about the "organizations" and institutions and what they are doing or not doing. Dharma is spread by dharmic souls, institutions are not primary. Dharma is the fire element. It spreads like fire.

Anyway, we are in the ascending small dvapara yuga, and I believe that this winter 2012 solstice is going to herald it in with trumpets and you're going to see the waning of america as well as of the judeo-christian religions and thought processes beginning markedly at that time.

I think it is of great import to always monitor, oversee and examine the Vaishnava institutions. They base themselves on the authority of the great acaryas, the Vedas and Krsna's words.

In case you keep silent when humanity is mislead by deviant Vaishnava institutions, you become directly involved in terrible karmas of misleading humanity in the name of sastra.

Krsna Himself becomes very furious when the deviants get out of control and He says, "I personally descend to correct those deviants."

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself.

"Dharma is spread by dharmic souls, institutions are not primary."

So far presently 6 bio people on planet Earth consider the Vaishnava institutions as the only example for representing Krsna.

"Dharmic souls", you mean powerful charismatic Vaishnava preachers who have great influence to uplift humanity by their teachings but who operate outside the Vaishnava institutions? Any url?

Thx for the predictions Vic

The catholic church released a strong statement, in regards to the financial crisis.

They said it was due to 'greed'.

Now this new age you are speaking about, I know there will be less greed. Nature will teach us if we don't have the inner spiritual intelligence. Thx.

I believe that this winter 2012 solstice is going to herald it in with trumpets and you're going to see the waning of america as well as of the judeo-christian religions and thought processes beginning markedly at that time.

Most definately the coming demise of American prosperity religion.

what i'm saying is that you should get into Krishna katha! =) not muth-katha. i'm saying it in a friendly way. take it to heart, with love. THAT is the real problem with the "institutions" and that's what needs to be corected first.

Jai Radhey

Prabhupada's ship is hijacked by buccaneers who keep long hair and look similar like your avatar.

Did you ever hear when a ship is hijacked all people telling you, stop ranting, forget your ship, do some little jogging or go swimming?

Only rascals would say that, to dispose a hijacked aircraft or a hijacked ship to the hijackers. Well, unless you were an accomplice of the hijackers you wouldnt have said this.

Thx for the predictions Vic

The catholic church released a strong statement, in regards to the financial crisis.

They said it was due to 'greed'.

This is yet another avocation, deflection, distraction, diversion. The catholic church is part of the banking system. This is not a religion but a business.

If they speak of greed it is utter mockery!

Prabhupada's ship is hijacked by buccaneers who keep long hair and look similar like your avatar.

Did you ever hear when a ship is hijacked all people telling you, stop ranting, forget your ship, do some little jogging or go swimming?

Only rascals would say that, to dispose a hijacked aircraft or a hijacked ship to the hijackers. Well, unless you were an accomplice of the hijackers you wouldnt have said this.

Sorry i just have to laugh. =)

The hijackers are prajalpa-basis. THAT'S my point. Stop all this focus on gramya-katha and the ship will fly right.

xoxox,

long haired hippie sense-gratifier: Vraja Kishor Das

Vic, what are you picking up about Putin in your charts? Is he a key player in something going down?

Bija,

I am not really a big follower of politics, I'm more of an "8th House" person. But some mentors and colleges are really into political analysis. I haven't heard them mention anything about putin. But I'll ask.

Yours,

Vic