IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bija

What is Sri Krsna? (easing the arrows of doubt)

Rate this topic

What is Sri Krsna?

I would like to share some personal realizations, some thoughts from things I have read, and a little devotional sentiment.

Firstly I would like to comment on the question, 'What is Sri Krsna?'

It is quite amusing really to think that such a small entity, would entertain the thought that he can grasp and contain that which is Absolute. Attempting to see Sri Krsna as an object. I do not consider it offensive to entertain such thoughts, but simply a part of unfoldment.

I admire a very saintly devotee and disciple of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura...who says the question should really be...'how can we attract the attention of Sri Krsna, so that he reveals to us?'

Last week I was having a nice discussion with one young man, who is the son of a very thoughtful, reasonably famous Australian musician. This young man I would consider a wonderful person. He is an atheist and deeply admires Ken Wilber's Integral philosophy.

Over the months we have grown in friendship and shared, a kind soul indeed who honors the Gaudiya path as a beautiful expression of theism (my personal choice). Ofcourse I would desire for this young man to oneday awaken to his own theistic experience...that is almost an unsaid knowing.

Our friend Bishadi at Audarya Fellowship often ends his questioning 'let us be honest and truthful, that would be the most compassionate thing to do (in our answers)'.

Last week as I was talking to my atheist friend I felt compulsion for that honesty. I presented him with this statement, 'It is a radical thing for me, a western born christian man, to accept Krsna as the Supreme Godhead. That is the most radical thing I have ever done. A little bit crazy almost (I smiled)'.

Now how to reconcile that radical decision today. Years ago it was a pure leap of faith - very naieve choice. And after that years of doubt like arrows - almost believing in something that is not really believed. But an inner knowing that the course was set correctly - so onward.

So this comes to the point of what I wish to share. If someone approached me today and asked for an honest response - do you really believe Krsna is God? This would be my reply:

Dedicated to our beloved teacher

A Prayer and Reflection

(a dialogue of the devotee and Sri Krishna)

by bija:

Sri Krishna: 'My form is not what your material mind has previously thought, my dear devotee! I wish you to see me now!'

Devotee: 'I guessed so Lord! I wish to see you as you truly are now! I have not conceived until this moment! Are you Pure Spiritual Consciousness Form?'

Sri Krishna: 'Yes my dear one I am! My eyes are 'like' Lotus Petals! My hair is 'like' a dark monsoon cloud! My skin is 'like' shining sapphires!

My abode and myself are one and the same substance!'

Sri Krishna: 'Please my dear devotee understand this: Srila Vyasadeva and all other great devotees like Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura have seen the beauty of my Form! They have used words to describe Me. I am 'like' this! I am 'like' this'! Words are like a 'picture'.'

Sri Krishna: 'See me now dear one! Through the words of the saints. Forever in your heart, and in all that you see! Then you will meet me, of this have no doubt!'

Devotee: 'Oh dear Sri Krishna, such beauty my mind has not conceived before! 'Words' fail to describe what I have seen now! I accept you as my Lord, do with me as you please.'

final_painting_www001.jpg