IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sunanda

Spiritual power trhough glance

Rate this topic

I was wondering, does one (neophyte devotee like me) can send spiritual power through a glance.

My question is coming from the follwoing experience.Sometimes i talk with people and look at them in the eyes and then i mentally recite the Maha-mantra.

Do you think it can give them something ? Because it seems like it has some kind of effect when i do it...

Any evidence from scriptures will be greatly appreciated :)

Much Love

It seems to be as we develop more awareness of spiritual substance (living within the realm of consciousness) insights can deepen. Gradually as we live a more subtle existence we will percieve more subtle realities. And the seperateness we perceive as these individual bodies may lessen, instead a deeper sense of unity may become present. A oneness in diversity.

We have all heard of siddhis, manifesting during the process of yoga practice. Through good living, right action, right thought etc, we can experience many wonderful gifts and live in that siddhi realm well and peacefully... but going even deeper than these subtle mental realms we may be fortunate to attain Krsna consciousness. In that state we become a servant of all...so yes...even by chanting the names of Krsna internally, we may bless all those around us, due to the purity of our heart and presence. In that state of consciousness and deep awareness, of our surrounds and our inter-connection with all things (Krsna), we can begin to humbly serve in love.

Bhagavad Gita As It Is Chapter 11 Text 55 - click here for link

mat-karma-kṛn mat-paramo

mad-bhaktaḥ saṅga-varjitaḥ

nirvairaḥ sarva-bhūteṣu

yaḥ sa mām eti pāṇḍava

TRANSLATION

My dear Arjuna, one who is engaged in My pure devotional service, free from the contaminations of previous activities and from mental speculation, who is friendly to every living entity, certainly comes to Me.

PURPORT

Anyone who wants to approach the Supreme of all the Personalities of Godhead, on the Kṛṣṇaloka planet in the spiritual sky, and be intimately connected with the Supreme Personality, Kṛṣṇa, must take this formula, as is stated by the Supreme Himself. Therefore, this verse is considered to be the essence of Bhagavad-gītā. The Bhagavad-gītā is a book directed to the conditioned souls, who are engaged in the material world with the purpose of lording it over nature and who do not know of the real, spiritual life. The Bhagavad-gītā is meant to show how one can understand his spiritual existence and his eternal relationship with the Supreme Spiritual Personality and to teach one how to go back home, back to Godhead. Now here is the verse which clearly explains the process by which one can attain success in his spiritual activity: devotional service. As far as work is concerned, one should transfer his energy entirely to Kṛṣṇa conscious activities. No work should be done by any man except in relationship to Kṛṣṇa. This called Kṛṣṇa-karma. One may be engaged in various activities, but one should not be attached to the result of his work, but the result should be done for Him....

In reality both Gaura-Nitai and Gaura-Gadadhara are worshipped by the pure devotees.

gadadhara-devera sankalpa ei-rupa

nityananda-nindakera na dekhena mukha

This is the vow of Gadadhara: he would never see the face of one who offends Nityananda.

nityananda-svarupere priti yara nani

dekha o na dena tare pandita-gosai

Gadadhara Pandita would avoid being seen by anyone who has no love for Nityananda Svarupa. (
Caitanya-bhagavata, Antya
124-125)

gadadhara subha-drsti karena yahare

se janite pare nityananda-svarupere

Whoever receives the
merciful
glance
of Gadadhara can know Nityananda Svarupa.

nityananda-svarupo yahare prita mane

laoyayena gadadhara jane se-i jane

And whoever Nityananda is pleased with can know Sri Gadadhara. (
Caitanya-bhagavata, Antya
7, 161-162)

-------------------------

Disciple
: How are we seen by the sadhu? By our service?

Guru
: Yes. The sadhu is the seer. If he showers his mercy upon you, he sees you. If you receive that
merciful
glance
then you are very fortunate. However, you are in the category of one who is in bodily consciousness. How can you receive it?

The spiritual master is the manifestation of the Supersoul, caitya-guru, who is in the heart. He manifests a body and he appears. He knows your heart.

I was wondering, does one (neophyte devotee like me) can send spiritual power through a glance.

My question is coming from the follwoing experience.Sometimes i talk with people and look at them in the eyes and then i mentally recite the Maha-mantra.

Do you think it can give them something ? Because it seems like it has some kind of effect when i do it...

Any evidence from scriptures will be greatly appreciated :)

Much Love

What Can Guru Not Do As He Is A Manifestation Of The Personality Of Godhead? Can He Not Inject KC BY His Merciful Glance?

CC Adi-lila 1.58

jive saksat nahi tate guru caittya-rupe

siksa-guru haya krsna-mahanta-svarupe

SYNONYMS

jive--by the living entity; saksat--direct experience; nahi--there is not; tate--therefore; guru--the spiritual master; caittya-rupe--in the form of the Supersoul; siksa-guru--the spiritual master who instructs; haya--appears; krsna--Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead; mahanta--the topmost devotee; sva-rupe--in the form of.

TRANSLATION

Since one cannot visually experience the presence of the Supersoul, He appears before us as a liberated devotee. Such a spiritual master is none other than Krsna Himself.

PURPORT

It is not possible for a conditioned soul to directly meet Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but if one becomes a sincere devotee and seriously engages in devotional service, Lord Krsna sends an instructing spiritual master to show him favor and invoke his dormant propensity for serving the Supreme. The preceptor appears before the external senses of the fortunate conditioned soul,and at the same time the devotee is guided from within by the caittya-guru, Krsna, who is seated as the spiritual master within the heart of the living entity.:pray:

Helo Sunanda,

You need power to do that. It all depends howmuch bpower you have or stored by your sadana. usually a neophyte cannot do that - unless of course the nepphyte is alraday developed those powers i previous births, in which case, technically such a person is not a neophyte.

In addition to the spirirual gurus, Chi Gong masters of china are also supposed to have this power. By mear loof from a distance they can deliver powerful blow or cure diseases . They doit by pranic (Chi) manipulation .

For a fresher to do such things is possible with the help of energy boosters. Siddha medical texts reports that a particular hearb called 'Kundru Thangi' ('rock bearer' in english translation ) is supposed to boost pranic energy tremendously and is used by the tamil martial artists (varmani) to deliver powerful blows on enemy just by look from a distance. This technique is called "Noku Varma" (look Varma) One needs to just keep the herb in one's mouth and look at ememy with the intention of delivering the blow. This can be done by anybody as the herb suplies the nessary power.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Helo Sunanda,

You need power to do that. It all depends howmuch bpower you have or stored by your sadana. usually a neophyte cannot do that - unless of course the nepphyte is alraday developed those powers i previous births, in which case, technically such a person is not a neophyte.

In addition to the spirirual gurus, Chi Gong masters of china are also supposed to have this power. By mear loof from a distance they can deliver powerful blow or cure diseases . They doit by pranic (Chi) manipulation .

For a fresher to do such things is possible with the help of energy boosters. Siddha medical texts reports that a particular hearb called 'Kundru Thangi' ('rock bearer' in english translation ) is supposed to boost pranic energy tremendously and is used by the tamil martial artists (varmani) to deliver powerful blows on enemy just by look from a distance. This technique is called "Noku Varma" (look Varma) One needs to just keep the herb in one's mouth and look at ememy with the intention of delivering the blow. This can be done by anybody as the herb suplies the nessary power.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

even i ve heard of the kundru thangi. If u keep a small rock on the plant, it will be thrown away to some distance the next day when u come. But do u have an idea of where it is found?

Usually giving something is quite a conscious act, isn't it? :) If I have something and there is a person that I am willing to give the thing to then I will find a way or two to do that. I can hand the thing over, send it as an email attachment, as a package in the mail, whatever the method is, this seems to be a matter second to the other two: actually having the thing and willing to give it out. :)

In this case with the spiritual energy glance also seems to be a medium just like also good wish (mental blessing), touching the body (like the sadhus usually touch people's foreheads with their right palm), kind words, etc. There seems to be plenty of ways to give blessings (transmit spiritual energy).. So, I think you should know better if you are giving a blessing or not when you glance at someone and chant Hare Krishna. :) I hope so.