IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
rohini108

Kind of like American Idol...but from India

Rate this topic

........ width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7plP8kI-zI&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7plP8kI-zI&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Without detracting from this kid's singing talent and the emotional impact the song obviously has on the audience, I'm trying to figure out how a clip of a boy singing a cinema song by a famous qawwali singer fits in "Spiritual Discussions."

Without detracting from this kid's singing talent and the emotional impact the song obviously has on the audience, I'm trying to figure out how a clip of a boy singing a cinema song by a famous qawwali singer fits in "Spiritual Discussions."

Since I have obviously made an error in posting this clip, I appologize. Since I had no idea what he was singing about I saw something else when I watched it. All that can be salvaged now from my mistake is to remember that in the Bhagavada-gita, Lord Krishna says that when you see an outstanding ability in someone, such as in this young singer, that this ability is Him, Lord Krishna. I hope this helps.

Oh, I don't know if you erred in posting this; I was just wondering why it was here. I like your citing Bhagavad-gita; could you share what else you saw in this clip?

I don't know anything about the song, except what was on the clip. It's apparently from a film called Bandit Queen, which was about a famous woman rebel. The music is by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, a famous qawwali singer and composer, who has also done music for some American films. I found his work in Dead Man Walking was very moving.

These "Talent" shows (especially for children) create an enviornment where the child begins believing he is greater than what he truly is... and once the show is over and the channels have milked the children to get ratings and viewerships they cast away the participants without a second thought... the children spend the rest of their lives coming to terms with reality... a broken dream of immense glory can be a shattering event... especially at a tender age...

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's music is moving.

I have synesthesia Rohini and see color/clear energies around bodies that express emotions, this is art on the eyes. Music is the pinnacle of art for me. Music touches all the senses and brings them in focus, in unity - dharana and dhyana. Ali Khan expresses that energy so nicely here by his gestures. And his meaning of these movements is very clear devotionally.

In the temple in Kirtan (the few times I have been) I feel emotions on my body and see energies all around devotees. It enhances devotion. I mistake it for love of God (such is my foolishness)...its subtle mind! Sometimes after the temple for days I have smelt roses from my emotions.

Gurudeva told me oneday...I need to pass through that realm! Bhakti is simplicity.

The mind can be the greatest of friends or the worst of enemies. The process of application in KC rather than renunciation is excellent yoga.

"Not my way of salvation to surrender the world!

Rather for me the taste of Infinite Freedom,

While yet I am bound by a thousand bonds to the wheel:

In each glory of sound and sight,

I shall find Thy Infinite Joy abiding;

My passion shall burn as the flame of Salvation,

The flower of my love shall become the ripe fruit of Devotion."

-Rabindranatha Tagore.

http://www.doctorhugo.org/synaesthesia/art/index.html

<embed src="

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425">

allah hoo...allah hoo...allah hoo allah hoo...allah...allah hoo:pray: