IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Time Magazine’s Most Influential Leader

Rate this topic

Can you say more on this, as to why you think Hitler and the nazis were interested in vedic culture? If they were, why would they indulge in mass slaughter and such activities? Sounds a little contradictory, doesn't it?

Believe it or not, but there was genuine interest in creating a superior human culture in Germany, both material and spiritual. German intellectuals of the time saw Vedic culture as an example of such an achievement and wanted to learn from it. Yes, they have waged a brutal war to achieve that end and committed serious crimes. But a lot of what being said about that time period is extremely biased and often very inaccurate. Stalin and communism were much worse than Hitler and nazism, and are responsible for much more suffering and evil, yet their condemnation by the world is nothing like the condemnation of these other people and their ideology.

Believe it or not, but there was genuine interest in creating a superior human culture in Germany, both material and spiritual. German intellectuals of the time saw Vedic culture as an example of such an achievement and wanted to learn from it. Yes, they have waged a brutal war to achieve that end and committed serious crimes. But a lot of what being said about that time period is extremely biased and often very inaccurate. Stalin and communism were much worse than Hitler and nazism, and are responsible for much more suffering and evil, yet their condemnation by the world is nothing like the condemnation of these other people and their ideology.

Yes, I've also noticed this. Bad guys are usually referred to as 'Hitler,' very rarely as Stalin, Tung, whoever. My guess is, it could be communist propaganda to make nazis the scapegoat, as well as to dilute their atrocities in Russia, china, and elsewhere.

But one thing I don't understand is, Why would the nazis target a specific race, the jews? Was it in some way related to their (mis) understanding of the veda, like the stuff about aryans and the rest? Or, is the jewish persecution theory also exaggerated?

...Hitler was a strict vegetarian except for Liver Dumplings. "From that moment on, Hitler never ate another piece of meat, except for liver dumplings." (His habitual eating of liver dumplings is an important exception that disqualifies Hitler as vegetarian.)...

Rynn Berry

Historial Advisor

North American Vegetarian Society

This is such a valuable citation that I must add you to the list of People in my lifetime that I am the servant of.

:namaskar:

And, bija!

What you did with the Time Magazine cover is such a nectarian sentiment

that I must add you to the list of People in my lifetime that I am the servant of.

pranams, Dandavats and, namas tu te(s),

bhaktajan

But one thing I don't understand is, Why would the nazis target a specific race, the jews? Was it in some way related to their (mis) understanding of the veda, like the stuff about aryans and the rest? Or, is the jewish persecution theory also exaggerated?

Many people have taxed their brain without end to find this out. Except the explanation that Hitler must have been mad and totally insane they couldn't find out anything. When Hitler knew that 330,000 young unexperienced German soldiers were caught up and closed in at Stalingrad without winter clothing and starving in temperatures down to -30°C and surely wouldn't return he started to go against Jews. Whereas at Dunkirchen where the Germans had surrounded the Allies and easily could have finished them off, he ordered withdrawal and let the Allies march in. Hand writing of a psychopathic personality or master of orchestration, opinions are split. The guy lived for three years in a doss house, applied three times in vain for acceptance at an Academy of Arts, had no high school diploma. How this rascal got to power is a great mystery.

tn_Nitaai-Gaura_Time_magazine.jpg

Good point (btw awesome webdesign), Prabhupada once explained how the Buddhists were about to establish Buddhism in India and it only was stopped by Lord Caitanya's preaching. What would be the situation if India would be today a Buddhist state like China? People should acknowledge this and the Time mag would be the right place for such a tribute so that the whole world can see it.

What would be the situation if India would be today a Buddhist state like China? suchandra

We are so fortunate that the buddhist empire never maintained itself. As a young man I was deeply interested in buddhism - considering becoming a monk. At the time I had no idea of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. No comparison in taste hey Suchandra.

In the above logo on the right you can see the brhat-mrdangga book press - and also the maha-brhat mrdanga (computer and internet). Our sangha had this as its logo for some years - one nice devotee made it into a bumpersticker. I have not heard from him in a long time - he lived in London and was putting the sticker all around the city. Wish he was still in contact. Here is the sticker:

[ATTACH]1710[/ATTACH]

post-5757-138274055762_thumb.jpg

This is such a valuable citation that I must add you to the list of People in my lifetime that I am the servant of.

:namaskar:

Hahaha :D You crack me up! In fact, you make me laugh so often, that I must add you to the list of people I am eternally indebted to... esp. on Audarya, where sometimes things need to be joked about every now and then :)

Its early morning here...thx for guiding me back to Jan's post Radhe!

Good to have a giggle so early...and get the chi flowing:).

Headin' into town today to pick up the japa mala - it came in the post no worries. I am always suspect on internet companies until the goods come.

http://www.yogabasics.com/japamalabeads/index.html

yipeeee!!!:outta:

Hahaha :D

Yay! I was kind of scared it wasn't going to come (I ordered the same mala b/c I saw it on one of your earlier posts and really liked it). One time it took like 3 months for me to get a statue of Kali Ma. :( But She ended up coming, so it all worked out okay :) At first I thought I was going to get ripped off!