IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Amazing Deities

Rate this topic

These deities of Sri Sri Panca tattva are really impressive and attractive. Hopefully they will become famous all over the world.

zvvack.jpg

cheto-darpana-marjanam bhava-maha--davagni-nirvapanam

shreyah-kairava-chandrika-vitaranam vidya-vadhu-jivanam

anandambudhi-vardhanam prati-padam purnamritaswadanam

sarvatma-snapanam param vijayate sri-krishna-sankirtanam

Glory to the Sri-Krsna-Sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.

namnam akari bahudha nija-sarva-shaktis

tatrarpita niyamitah smarane na kalah

etadrishi tava kripa bhagavan mamapi

durdaivam idrisham ihajani nanuragaha

O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names, like Krsna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

trinad api sunichena

taror api sahishnuna

amanina manadena

kirtaniyah sada harih

One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and should be ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

na dhanam na janam na sundarim

kavitam va jagad-isha kamaye

mama janmani janmanishvare

bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki twayi

O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service, birth after birth.

ayi nanda-tanuja kinkaram

patitam mam vishame bhavambudhau

kripaya tava pada-pankaja-

sthita-dhuli-sadrisham vichintaya

O son of Maharaja Nanda (Krsna), I am Your eternal servitor, yet somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. Please pick me up from this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms at Your lotus feet.

nayanam galad-ashru-dharaya

vadanam gadgada-ruddhaya gira

pulakair nichitam vapuh kada

tava nama-grahane bhavishyati

O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when will the hairs of my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?

yugayitam nimeshena

chakshusha pravrishayitam

shunyayitam jagat sarvam

govinda-virahena me

O Govinda! Feeling Your separations I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.

ashlishya va pada-ratam pinashtu mam

adarshanan marma-hatam karotu va

yatha tatha va vidadhatu lampato

mat-prana-nathas tu sa eva naparah

I know no one but Krsna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord, unconditionally.

Jai! I have always enjoyed the mangal arotik in Mayapur. So peaceful, blissful and serene, concentrating on the trancendental forms of Sri Pancha Tattva.

Thanks Indulekhadasi, yes, Jahnavi dd says something similiar, "today I suddenly felt so much separation from the deities in Mayapur..."

April 29, 2008 <!-- by jahnavi -->

Today: it poured with rain and I missed Mayapur.

I was at work today, entering in books on Amazon.com, when I suddenly felt so much separation from the deities in Mayapur. Being able to have their darshan every day for almost a month was one of the most special things about being my whole trip. To see the altar every morning was really to see the spiritual world. Of course, some mornings I didn’t. Some mornings I saw the crowds of people, or the fans that hadn’t been turned on yet. Or sometimes my mind was more focused on my mosquito bites than on really seeing Krishna on the altar. But some mornings - the curtains would pull back and the breath would literally be sucked from my chest. I know people write that kind of thing a lot as a way of describing a certain intensity of emotion - but I really mean it. I felt so stupid sometimes - for ever having thought that the deity was anything less than Krishna, personally present. To see the altar lit up in the dark early morning, was to have every doubt removed. Perhaps it was the special mercy of being in such spiritually potent surroundings, that some days I could spend hours in the temple room, absorbed in the beauty of the forms of the Lord and his associates. I know at here at home, it often takes all my concentration to stay in front of the altar for fifteen minutes without starting to compose to do lists or potential blogs. Ha.

I remember one day in particular - one of my last in Mayapur. That day Sri Madhava was dressed in a deep orange dhoti. A long, thick forest green garland of tulasi leaves hung down to his knees, and his forehead was decorated with brilliant yellow sandalwood paste. At the back of the temple room, the afternoon kirtan group played sweetly, the holy name adorned with the beautiful sounds of a bamboo flute. I pray those moments remain deeply embedded within my mind, and that I can gain the intelligence and understanding to truly relish them.

So - back to my desk - I logged onto the Mayapur webcam, where it just happened to be time for the evening arati. At once I was back in that temple room, as the English rain pounded down on the windows around me. Ah, the internet. It makes travelling yogis of us all.

2447158052_9f4d53899f.jpg

Radha Madhava on the morning of my 21st birthday

P.S. Below is a sample of the kind of the daily afternoon kirtans in the temple room, kindly recorded by a devotee from Dallas during the festival time. On the far right is Prabhu Gouranga, a wonderful devotee and incredible flute player, who I had the pleasure of getting to know a little bit while I was there. He is a senior disciple of Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, but now lives full time in Mayapur. It is always inspiring for me to meet other musicians, but no more so than when they are so devoted to Krishna as well. He plays flute in the temple room for Radha Madhava in numerous shifts throughout the day, and it is truly enchanting to hear.

Bhaktin Petra from Ukrain reports today about a parikram in wonderful Navadvip.

posted 29 April 2008

http://bhnpetra.blogspot.com/

Parikrama with Ukrain devotees

On the way to Modrumadvip - one of 9 islands of Navadvip - which is nondifferent from Lord Rama's Ayodya... In Satya yuga, Lord Rama along with Sita Devi and Laksman came here during Their exile. Lord Rama built a hut here under a huge banyan tree. This tree can not be seen at the present time. Lord Rama told Sita that he would come here in Kali yuga with a yellow complexion, from the womb of Mother Saci in the house of Jagannatha Misra. He told her that she would take birth as His wife Vishnupriya, and that Navadvipa was very dear to Him and that not even Ayodhya could equal it. He told her that Kausalya, who is His mother now, would take birth as Mother Saci. He told her that this was a great secret and that she should not reveal it to anyone.

slike-indija-petra+348.JPGOn the boat in association of ukrain matajis.

slike-indija-petra+346.JPG

Specially during monsun season Ganga floads. Smart villigers put heavy bags in order to prevent Her coming too close.

slike-indija-petra+344.JPG

Washing cloths at the bank of Ganga mata

P3021228.jpg

Temple in Katwa where Lord Caitanya accepted a renounced order of life from Kesava Bharati

slike-indija-petra+419.JPG

Footprint of Lord's lotus feet

slike-indija-petra+411.JPG

Traditionaly when person accept sannyasa order his hair are cut off. Also Lord Caitanya's beautiful hair were cut and here is shire of his hair.

slike-indija-petra+402.JPG

Great vaishnava acarya Locana Das Thakur wrote Mangala Caitanya at this very spot.

slike-indija-petra+432.JPG Indian people are by nature very artistic. This man is making murti Durga devi.

slike-indija-petra+353.JPG The divine tree of kantaknagar where under Lord Gauranga took his seat.

slike-indija-petra+298.JPGSiva linga - Mahadeva is protector of Holy Dham

slike-indija-petra+319.JPG Visiting Bhaktivinoda Thakura's house which I experianced as spiritual very potent place. At one time in history 4 great souls met here - Bhaktisidhantaji, Bhaktivinoda Thakur, Jagannatha das Babaji and Gaura kisora das Babaji. He discovered Lord Caitanya’s appearance place while living here.

slike-indija-petra+276.JPGslike-indija-petra+277.JPG

Bhaktivinoda Thakura's bed

slike-indija-petra+283.JPG Receiving mercy from Bhaktivinoda Thakura's cane

slike-indija-petra+285.JPG Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati's bed

slike-indija-petra+287.JPG We visited Vishunpriya's temple. When Lord Gauranga took sannyasa his wife Vishnupriya was devastated. In order to comfort her hE manifested deitiy of Himself which she worshiped in His separation. Her life is amazing. She used to count the beads, chanting the holy name. Counting the name, she put some rice aside. With the recitation of the mantra, she put some rice aside. One recitation, one piece of rice was put aside. One chant, one piece of rice. In this way, she counted while chanting. Then she boiled the rice and offered it to Lord Krishna and she used to take that much prashadam for her sustainance. So, her body became emaciated, gradually. But she continued that sort of life of austerity.slike-indija-petra+205.JPG

Lord Gauranga's shoes

slike-indija-petra+203.JPG In front of temple sadhus begging for small change

slike-indija-petra+206.JPG Lord Gauranga embrance this dry, dead tree and bring it to life. I was praying that by His potency I also become alive again. :) P3021216.jpgJagannatha das Babaji samadhi slike-indija-petra+195.jpg

Deities of Madana Gopala worshipped by Vasudeva Datta

slike-indija-petra+197.jpg

[url=""]