IndiaDivine.org

My Most Recent GBC Experience in Mayapura

Rate this topic

suchandra

Please mail this ISKCON sannyasi some words of encouragement.

My Most Recent GBC Experience in Mayapura

BY: MURALI KRSNA SWAMI

Mar 7, BHUBANESHWAR, INDIA (SUN) —
I have a strong desire to travel and to preach about the glories and teachings of Srila Prabhupada and Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga’s Prema-nama Sankirtan Movement. I have been an ISKCON devotee for over twenty-one years and I have taken sannyas (3 years ago) by ISKCON Sannyasi H.H. Svayambu Swami Maharaja, a senior disciple of Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami Maharaja, who is a very dear disciple of His Divine Grace Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, Srila Prabhupada.

Because I try my best to give honest answers to honest questions, most of the GBC’s in ISKCON are now not favorable towards me. What I am saying is not always palatable to them, especially when speaking about the history of deviations and the lack of leadership in our ISKCON society. Also, I could not submit myself to their current scheme of “legalizing” the Order of Sannyas. And, what I would have had to do to get my sannyas “legalized” by this small committee was totally unacceptable to me.

The GBC’s in Russia previously banned Srila Gour Govinda Swami from going and preaching there and the same restriction for traveling and preaching is now being forced on to me. I am working with a couple of hundred devotees in Russia and have been preaching there for over three years. They told me that not only can I not visit the ISKCON Centers there but, could not visit and associate with any devotees in Russia, even those who have been forced to live outside the temples.

When I have explained how I am responsible for these devotees and their families and have promised to visit them and to continue to support them, they (GBC) will not even try to understand. It just doesn’t matter to them. Instead, they threatened to excommunicate me and all of our devotees from ISKCON for speaking the truth. They are using fear and intimidation tactics as well as character assignation and false accusations in an effort to try to silence me and our devotees. The problem for them in this regard is that, the more they try to use these tactics, the less devotees trust them and the more they come and join with us anyway. It is simply backfiring on them. Devotees are not stupid. They finally see what is really going on.

ei11t2.jpg

I have repeatedly tried to discuss with the GBC and other local leaders on these matters and was even invited by one of my GBC’s in Bhubaneshwar Orrisa to come this year to Sridham Mayapura to talk with the GBC to try to find an amicable solution. Even though I was invited, when I came to discuss, they refused to meet with me. Instead they gave my “case” to a sub- committee of deputies who ran a kangaroo court without even inviting me to discuss and to clarify my side of the story. I asked one member of this committee, “How can you give a recommendation to the GBC without even talking to me or some of our devotees who came with the intention of finding a means of reconciliation and cooperation?” He told me, “This should not even be in a committee but should have been sent to ISKCON Resolve for a proper hearing and investigation.” The next day, I was informed by a GBC representative to, “Pack your bags and get the Hell Out of Here!” So went my trip to Mayapura to talk with the leadership…. I think you get the point.

Anyway, in spite of all of these obstacles and impediments being placed before me, I have decided to just continue trying my best to preach Krsna consciousness for the pleasure of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gour Govinda Swami and Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga. The GBC may marginalize me, but I will never leave Srila Prabhupada’s ISKCON. That is my loyalty to and faith in Srila Prabhupada and faith and surrender to the instructions of my Gurudeva. Srila Gour Govinda Swami asked me, “To never leave ISKCON.”

I have set up preaching programs for the summer in Russia and in some other places in Europe. I will also be coming to the US this summer for preaching. I am looking to help, encourage and support devotees who are serious about being Krsna conscious and are trying to spread the glories of the Holy names of the Lord. If I can assist and serve any devotees in their preaching efforts, please let me know. I can be contacted at
. Thank you. Hari bol!

Servant of the Vaisnavas,

Murali Krsna Swami