IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Suspended Acarya

Rate this topic

Well I don't see it unless he changes his stance on Jesus because it was in complete contradiction with Prabhupada but I gotta admit he was very knowledgable and there is hope for him if he can get the Jesus thing staightened out. :)

If he's studying under the guidance of Srila Narayana Maharaja, (which I have no idea to be the case) then yes, he will learn that Jesus is a pure Vaishnava.

If he's studying under the guidance of Srila Narayana Maharaja, (which I have no idea to be the case) then yes, he will learn that Jesus is a pure Vaishnava.

Yes, that is one of the things I like about Narayana Maharaja I have read quotes of his that accept Jesus as an avatar same as Prabhupada.

Thanks so much Kula, good points, I think Sriman Guruvani Prabhu left for this reason to join Srila Narayana Maharaja and finally come to the real state of KC?

From what I remember, he was not very fond of Narayana Maharaja. However, he was very devoted to Sridhara Maharaja. Maybe he had a change of heart? I wish him best. We had disagreements in the past, mostly over the ritvik issues, but he surprised me later on by rejecting most of the ritvik-vada. He seemed to be going through a major catharsis right before he stopped writing on Audarya. I hope he is doing well.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> Originally Posted by theist

Rorshach effect? Maybe we saw some portion of our ownselves in his situation and were frightened into chattering?

But then I tend to see everything as a Rorshach test.

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="center">

</td><td>Rorsch6.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

It looks like a cow skull with rabbit ears to me.

I missed this. I saw it as a vertebrae with the spinous process and nerves extending from it. Looking at it from an above position.

I think Guruvani is doing the right thing by not posting for a while. He needs to sort some things out. One day he was breathing fire on the iskcon gurus. Then he was supporting them. He was a ritvik one day and not the next. Extremely hostile towards Narayana Maharaja and then towards the end he even made a comment that Narayana Maharaja was the successor to Srila Prabhupada.

I saw many faces in him looking in different directions. We are all confused on many points. The thing is he spoke in favor of each side he was on for that day with such great conviction even if he spoke the previous day against that side with the same conviction.

I really appreciated his views on the spread of the Hare Krsna movement using Lord Caitanya's tour in south India as the example. I hold a similar view. Just Harinam and Krsna Katha without all the muss and fuss and letting the empowerment come naturally through the purity of those engagements. I wish he would have just stuck to that viewpoint and left all the "this guru or that guru" stuff behind. Just see the confusion that is caused by not accepting Caitya-guru as the primary guru and then thinking too much on all this "who is the real guru" drama.

Radhe Radhe

I have not been on this site for a few months until a few days ago. This morning, noticing the absence of his posts, I was thinking where Guruvani was.

I wish him all the best in his devotional practices whichever sanga he takes shelter of.

From what I remember, he was not very fond of Narayana Maharaja. However, he was very devoted to Sridhara Maharaja. Maybe he had a change of heart? I wish him best. We had disagreements in the past, mostly over the ritvik issues, but he surprised me later on by rejecting most of the ritvik-vada. He seemed to be going through a major catharsis right before he stopped writing on Audarya. I hope he is doing well.

I think the Isckon gurus were driving him crazy or something and he said that drove him to become a Narayana Maharaja devotee and declared Narayana Maharaja as the successor to Prabhupada and that only Narayana Maharajas books should be distributed. I guess he wanted to retire Prabhupada books. When he stopped posting I thought maybe he did join Narayana Maharaja sangha.

He was definetly an interesting and intelligent person but I never could understand his continual degradation of Jesus. Its fine to point out hypocrisy in Christian religion but to begin personally attacking Jesus when Prabhupada and Narayana Maharaja both say Jesus is a saktyavesa avatar is a puzzling thing to hear from a Vaisnava.

He was definetly an interesting and intelligent person but I never could understand his continual degradation of Jesus. Its fine to point out hypocrisy in Christian religion but to begin personally attacking Jesus when Prabhupada and Narayana Maharaja both say Jesus is a saktyavesa avatar is a puzzling thing to hear from a Vaisnava.

Yeah I stopped reading his posts because of this offensive garbage. Just as bad is the fact that posts like that are allowed to remain posted on this forum whereas A post of mine last week about Sai Baba being worshiped as Yeti was quickly deleted.

Don't worry; I think KB has withdrawn from the forum business from time to time. I do understand how that could be. And maybe his business took off and requires his time and energy. Maybe--even better--he found a more spriritually satisfying way to spend that time and energy.

I have a hard time imagining him becoming very involved in Narayana Maharaja's sanga, but who knows? He may well show up here after a few months, maybe with a different user name, and after a couple of weeks, one or another of you will start to figure out it's him.

I have a hard time imagining him becoming very involved in Narayana Maharaja's sanga, but who knows? He may well show up here after a few months, maybe with a different user name, and after a couple of weeks, one or another of you will start to figure out it's him.

That wheel does seem to keep on rollin'.

............by rejecting most of the ritvik-vada........

Well, confusion is a pretty huge topic presently even within the GBC meetings. Now they admit, yes, it can happen that our gurus have to be suspended although they have to be worshipped like nitya-siddhas and as good as God, confidential servants of Srimati Radharani.

But no, they're not priests, even when sitting on the penalty bench waiting to resume being the most confidential servants of God, or as seen in many cases, leave the temple sanctuary for good? No, it is offense to call them priests - although rubber-stamped, they're exactly like eternally liberated associates of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krishna?

Compared with the Church where there're priests, bishops, cardinals and pope, all considering themselves as servants of Jesus, ISKCON leaders conclude, no, we only can accept to be worshipped like Jesus, nothing less, absolutism is our terrain.

And learned members of the ISKCON senior Vaishnava league in speaking choir, ritvik-vada is rascaldom but fallen gurus a really bad nightmare too. In other words, rebellious mentality among senior ISKCONites aka "I Kula prabhu, I reject everything"?

Or, another option, they would probably not even understand what the question was, so they have actually no clear idea what their siddhanta is, except they will not worship Srila Prabhupada as living guru - consider him as dead and gone. That is probably it. Ritvik-vada, quickly became the pet word of ISKCON leaders because it sounds dangerous, like maya-vada?

Remember, in Sanskrit language words easily sound very similiar, like suci and muci, sura and asura, yogi and bhogi, etc. etc.

At such difficult times it makes lot of sense to have some advertisement with children.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The New GBC

http://gaura-nitaidas.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-gbc.html

SL732032.JPG

SL732034.JPG

A few days ago we brought the entire school (Sri Mayapur International School-SMIS) to the GBC meetings. We entered the conference room with an exuberant kirtan led by Krishna das. Apparantly these meetings are a real austerity for the participants so the kirtan was a welcome relief to them. Since all 150 (or so) kids came the room was packed. The GBC members then rose from their chairs and offered them to the some of the younger kids. Anuttama Prabhu then gave a heartwarming address to the children. He encouraged the kids to take up leadership roles in our spiritual society. Many of the devotees there did not realize how large and diverse the International school in Mayapur had become. Needless to say they were greatly inspired by seeing all of the bright faced students. Lalita, the principal of the school then gave an informative talk to the GBC on the details of the school and plans for the future. Prasadam was then distributed to the kids and teachers.

SL732035.JPG

Posted by Gaura-Nitai das (Eric Rush) at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://gaura-nitaidas.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-gbc.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2008-03-05T04:22:00-08:00">4:22 AM</abbr>