IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

You Cannot Change The Law Of Nature

Rate this topic

Material advancement aims to enhance our lives and make things more and more comfortable.

But <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-0" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> it really possible to have a world without suffering?

2lxule.jpg

Laundry central in Mumbai

Hari-śauri: But why should we be callous to the sufferings of others?

Prabhupāda: Yes! Because the arrangement <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-1" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> there, hospital, he should not have food. Why shall I disturb him? I must be callous. That <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-2" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> intelligent. I know that when the hospital, the doctor’s keeping in starvation, it <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-3" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> good for him. Why shall I disturb?

Hari-śauri: So then why do you go to the hospital when you’re sick? When you’re sick, then why do you take medicine and consult doctor? Why not be callous to that, too?

Prabhupāda: Callous means we… Callous means we can take treatment, but we cannot protest against the doctor, that “Why you are not giving me food?” We take treatment. That <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-4" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> saner. If the doctors ask me that “Don’t eat,” I take the treatment. I don’t protest that “Why you are keeping me in starvation?” You are doing that, rascal, that “Why you are keeping me in starvation?” But one who knows things, he doesn’t protest. That <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-5" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> Vaishnava way. Tat te ’nukampām su-samīksamāhah. “Oh, my Lord, You are keeping me in this tribulation. It <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-6" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> Your great mercy.” When Krishna keeps me in starvation I take it as mercy. I don’t protest. That <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-7" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> Vaishnava. The saner person, when he <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-8" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer>, the hospital, he <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-9" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> put into starvation, he takes, “Oh, doctor, you are so merciful you are curing me.” And the rascal will protest, “Oh! You are keeping me in starvation?” And other friend comes, “Why you are keeping him…?” They’re all rascals, all rascals, cent percent. They do not know what <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-10" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> arrangement in the hospital and they go, poke their nose in which <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-11" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> not their business. They are rascal. One who says like that, “We have done this…,” Oh, you are rascal. You cannot do it. You are simply poking your nose where there <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-12" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> no business for you. A Vaishnava will never protest. Tat te ’nukampām. And Krishna said, tāms titiksasva bhārata. He never said that “You become agitated.” Mātrā-sparśās tu kaunteya śītoshna-sukha-duhkha. “These things have come and gone, will go. Why you are bothered, your brain, about these things?”

Hari-śauri: That may be good advice for a Vaishnava, but what about all the thousands of people who are suffering and not knowing the cause?

Prabhupāda: Therefore they are rascals! Vaishnava <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-13" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> the only intelligent. Therefore we say rascals, bokā. Therefore their general name <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-14" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> bokā. They do not know things, how it <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-15" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> going on by superior management. Bokā.

Yogeśvara: But we do protest the nonsense of the rascal politicians.

Prabhupāda: You can do it, but you do not know what <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-16" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> the cause and why one <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-17" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> suffering, why… These laws you do not know. Prakriteh kriyamānāni gunaih karmāni [Bg. 3.27]. The prakriti <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-18" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> doing. You are thinking, “Oh, I can do something.” Ahankāra- vimūdhhātmā. You are rascal. By false prestige you are thinking that you are so great you can do something beyond God’s arrangement. So that <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-19" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> your rascaldom.

Hari-śauri: Then why do we bother to preach? Why not just sit and do our bhajana?

Prabhupāda: We preach that “Submit to God.” That’s all. That <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-20" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> my all preaching. We don’t say that you protest against the arrangement of God.” We don’t say. We simply say, “Whatever arrangement God has made, you submit.” That’s all.

Hari-śauri: “But understand that it <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-21" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> from God.”

Prabhupāda: Hm? Yes. That <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-22" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> our preaching.

Satsvarūpa: And if they submit, they’ll never have to suffer again.

Prabhupāda: Again. That’s it. That <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-23" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> our proposal. We say, “You rascal, you don’t be overintelligent. You submit to God. You’ll be happy. Because you cannot become intelligent, you are rascal. So give up this rascaldom. sarva-dharmān parityajya [Bg. 18.66], whatever you have created, all rascaldom. Simply surrender to Krishna. Then you’ll be happy. Your science, your politics, your philosophy, your so on, so on, so on—all rascaldom. Sarva- dharmān. You are thinking that we have created so many humanitarianism, this ism, that ism, that.” We say these are all rascaldom. The sooner you give up this habit, simply surrender to Krishna, you…

Yogeśvara: So in other words, we’re not advocating change of position. Just change of consciousness.

Prabhupāda: There <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-24" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> no change of position. You are rascal. You are thinking there <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-25" style="color: black; background-color: yellow;">is</layer> change of position. There is no change of position. The sun is everlastingly rising from the east. You cannot change that.

Yogeśvara: No, but let us say the people who are in Communist countries…

Prabhupāda: You bring any “ist.” They are all rascals. Take it. Then you are intelligent. You can bring any ism, but they’re all rascals. You cannot change the law of nature.

Hari-śauri: If a man is destined to be poor, he’ll be poor.

Prabhupāda: You cannot change. Prakriteh kriyamānāni. That is ahahkāra-vimūdhātmā. That is the false ahankāra. “Oh, I can become. I know something. I have become scientist. I have become politician.” That is ahankāra, simply. It is useless. You cannot do anything. Hm?

Svarūpa Dāmodara: Understanding the laws of nature and the provider of the laws of nature is necessary.

Prabhupāda: Yes. That laws of nature is working. Na te viduh svārtha-gatim hi vishuh durāśayā bahir-artha-māninah [SB 7.5.31]. Andhā yathāndhair…, te ’pīśa-tantryām uru-dāmni baddhāh. Īśa-tantra, by the laws of nature they are tightly, hand and legs are, they are bound up. What they can do? Therefore Krishna summarizes all the different types of tribulation. Krishna said… These all kinds of tribulation is summarized in these four principles—janma-mrityu- jarā-vyādhi. Ah. Bas. You make solution these, first of all. Then talk of all nonsense. You cannot make any solution. There are different types of suffering, but they are all summarized in these four words—janma-mrityu-jarā-vyādhi. Make solution. This is God’s challenge. You are challenging God in His arrangement, and God’s challenge is that “Here are four principles. Do something for these, rascal. Then you talk of solution.”

Svarūpa Dāmodara: That’s the basic laws of nature, which we cannot alter. We cannot change. It will come sooner or later.

Prabhupāda: Yes. What is the use?

Yogeśvara: But let us say by his karma a man is in a position where he cannot perceive…

Prabhupāda: That is the… That is in the via media. The real trouble is there—janma-mrityu-jarā-vyādhi. Now if you can make change… Suppose you are now a dog. You can become a man. But that is not solution. Or you are man; you can become a demigod. Karma. But that does not make solution! Either you become demigod or man or dog or cat or insect, you must have these tribulations, janma- mrityu-jarā-vyādhi. That is God’s challenge. You first of all make solution. But you are eternal. Why you are in this condition? Na hanyate hanyamāne śarīre [Bg. 2.20]. You… That means you are eternally suffering, punah punaś carvita-carvanānām [SB 7.5.30], simply changing the position. But suffering’s there. So you are taking credit by little change of the position. And that is your foolishness. And God challenges you, “You make solution of these things.” Why little change? Suppose I am… I have got so many centers. Sometimes I live in the palace, other times a cottage. So this is change of position. But I am the same man. So whatever comfort or discomfort is there in that you France palace, the same comfort and discomfort is in this cottage. But if I think, “Now I am in the France palace, or Bhaktivedanta Manor palace. I am happy,” that is foolishness. They are doing that. You are eating something bitter. So it is in the iron pot. You are thinking, “If I put it in the golden pot, it will be nice.” That is your foolishness. The taste, either you put in the golden pot or iron pot or in the floor, the taste is the same. So our taste is this eating sleeping, sex and defense. So that is going on.

Room Conversation

with His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

January 31, 1977, Bhubaneshwar

http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/770131r3.bhu.htm

we cannot change anything. except ourselves.

we came into this world not change others or nature.

we came into this world only to get out of here.

in the words of ramakrishna paramahamsa

we have to get moksha at any cost. this world is horrible and terrible:crying2:

>>>in the words of ramakrishna paramahamsa

we have to get moksha at any cost. this world is horrible and terrible:crying2:<<<

Damn. That's it...I'm gone...you guys are sick and in need of some serious psychological help.

>>>in the words of ramakrishna paramahamsa

we have to get moksha at any cost. this world is horrible and terrible:crying2:<<<

Damn. That's it...I'm gone...you guys are sick and in need of some serious psychological help.

Explain yourself please before you go.

:smash: From Yoga Vashista: Vashista said, "O Rama, listen to what I am about to say: the instruction is sure to remove the darkness of ignorance. In this world whatever is gained is only gained by self-effort; where failure is encountered, it is seen that there has been slackness in effort. This is obvious, but what is called fate is fictitious and is not seen. Self effort, Rama, is that mental, verbal and physical action...It is only by such effort that Indra became the king of Heaven, that Brahma became the creator, and other dieties earned their place. Self effort is of two categories: that of past births and that of this birth...fate is none other than self effort of past incarnation... One who says "Fate is directing me toward this" is brainless, and goddess of fortune abandons him. Hence by self effort acquire wisdom and then realize that this self-effort is not without its own end, in the direct realization of the truth. [O Rama], If this dreadful source of evil named laziness is not found on earth, who will ever be illiterate and poor? It is because laziness is found on earth that people live the life of animals, miserable and poverty-stricken".:smash:

More of what Sage Vashista says to Jewel of the Raghus (Sri Rama) " Sometimes it happens that without effort someone makes a great gain. For example, a state elephant chooses (in accordance to an ancient practice) a medicant as a ruler of a country whose king suddenly died without leaving an heir: this is neither an accident nor a divine act, but the fruit of medicant's self-effort in the past birth.

Sometimes it happens that a farmer's efforts are made fruitless by a hailstorm. Surely, the hailstorms power was greater than the farmer's effort, and the farmer should put forth greater effort now. He should not grieve over such inevitable loss. If such grief is justified, Why should he not weep daily over the inevitability of death? The wise man should know ofcourse what is capable of attainment by self-effort and what is not. It is ignorance to attribute all this to an outside agency and say God sends me to heaven or hell or that an outside agency makes me do this or that-such an ignorant person should be shunned.

Rama, the tendencies brought forward from past incarnations is of two kinds- pure and impure.The pure ones lead toward liberation, and impure ones invite trouble. You are not impelled to action by anything other than yourself. Hence you are free to strengthen pure tendencies in preference to the impure ones. The holy ones emphasize: persistently tread the path that leads to the eternal good. And the wise seeker knows: the fruit of my endeavors will be commensurate with the intensity of my self effort. "

More of Sage Vashista's words of wisdom and instruction to Rama , "Indeed, such self-effort alone is responsible for whatever a man gets here. When he is sunk in unhappiness, to console him people suggest that it is his fate. This is obvious: one goes abroad and one appeases one's hunger, by undertaking a journey and by eating food- not on account of fate. No one has seen such fate, but everyone has experienced how an action (good or evil) leads to a result (good or evil). "

JAI SRI RAMA!

:smash: From Yoga Vashista: Vashista said, "O Rama, listen to what I am about to say: the instruction is sure to remove the darkness of ignorance. In this world whatever is gained is only gained by self-effort; where failure is encountered, it is seen that there has been slackness in effort. This is obvious, but what is called fate is fictitious and is not seen. Self effort, Rama, is that mental, verbal and physical action...It is only by such effort that Indra became the king of Heaven, that Brahma became the creator, and other dieties earned their place. Self effort is of two categories: that of past births and that of this birth...fate is none other than self effort of past incarnation... One who says "Fate is directing me toward this" is brainless, and goddess of fortune abandons him. Hence by self effort acquire wisdom and then realize that this self-effort is not without its own end, in the direct realization of the truth. [O Rama], If this dreadful source of evil named laziness is not found on earth, who will ever be illiterate and poor? It is because laziness is found on earth that people live the life of animals, miserable and poverty-stricken".:smash:

JAI SRI RAMA!

These're important points. A famous Hollywood movie seems to have taken up this siddhanta.

The board of directors of a global corporation hired an attractive looking permanently unemployed young man to sit in the executive chair.

His job should be to simply pretend to be the big boss, cash up a huge salery but basically work nothing, especially not getting involved to make any decisions.

What came out, this type of constellation wasn't able to do this. Sit down in a luxurious armchair, cash up a huge monthly wage and work nothing. He bungled the job.

But it is fact, to help the poor to materially advance is a crime and against the laws of nature.