GirishK Posted January 31, 2008 Report Posted January 31, 2008 Hare Krsna Plase accept my humble obeisances. All glories to guru and gaurana. I am looking for the kurma mantra and havent been able to find it. I did find (in another thread) 'aum aam kum kurmaaya namah' but the shrim and hrim seemed to be missing. I was hoping someone knew it and could kindly tell me what it is. It would be highly appreciated. Regards Girish K Quote
GirishK Posted February 7, 2008 Author Report Posted February 7, 2008 Its a mantra for the Kurma avtara of Vishnu. I was hoping someone knows it and would share it Quote
indulekhadasi Posted February 7, 2008 Report Posted February 7, 2008 I know this kurma mantra: TURANGMUKURAKARO VANMALANG CHAKRAVANHA SHYAMLO HEMBINDUH SHREEMALA KURMA ASTUH DURLABHA Hope this helps indulekhadasi Quote
GirishK Posted February 7, 2008 Author Report Posted February 7, 2008 Hare Krsna Mataji Thank you very much. I was also told - Om namo bhagavate akuupaaraaya - Om nama bhagwate kurma rupine swaha I will add this to the list as well. Thank you very much. Mataji would you know what the source of the mantra is ? Hari Bol, Dandavats Yours Servant Girish K Quote
indulekhadasi Posted February 7, 2008 Report Posted February 7, 2008 I am pretty sure it is Vishnu Purana. I might be wrong, though. All glories to Lord Kurma! Hare Krishna and Jai Nitai! Pranams, indulekhadasi Quote
RadheRade1657 Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 Hare Krsna Plase accept my humble obeisances. All glories to guru and gaurana. I am looking for the kurma mantra and havent been able to find it. I did find (in another thread) 'aum aam kum kurmaaya namah' but the shrim and hrim seemed to be missing. I was hoping someone knew it and could kindly tell me what it is. It would be highly appreciated. Regards Girish K I like this one... it's from the Gita Govinda: Ksitir Atavipularatare Tava Tishati Prsthe| Dharani-Dharana-Kina-Chakra-Garisthe| Kesava Dhrta-Kaccapa-Rupa Jaya Jagadisha Hare O Keshava! You have become incarnate as Kurma! The world rested on the ample expanse of Your shell, creating circular marks on it! Victory to you, O Hari, Lord of the Universe! Radhe Radhe! Jai Radha-Kanta ki Jai! Quote
indulekhadasi Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 I like this one... it's from the Gita Govinda: Ksitir Atavipularatare Tava Tishati Prsthe| Dharani-Dharana-Kina-Chakra-Garisthe| Kesava Dhrta-Kaccapa-Rupa Jaya Jagadisha Hare O Keshava! You have become incarnate as Kurma! The world rested on the ample expanse of Your shell, creating circular marks on it! Victory to you, O Hari, Lord of the Universe! Radhe Radhe! Jai Radha-Kanta ki Jai! (Jayadeva Goswami's Dasavatara Stotra- A Must Read!) Hare Krishna and Jai Nitai indulekhadasi Quote
RadheRade1657 Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 (Jayadeva Goswami's Dasavatara Stotra- A Must Read!) Hare Krishna and Jai Nitai indulekhadasi I love the Gita Govinda! It's so beautiful! Radhe Radhe! Hare Krishna! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.