IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Water Quality Control Commission

Rate this topic

In Bhagavad-gita Lord Krishna makes clear that He Himself is behind the mystery of water:

"...I am the taste of water..." BG. 5.8

"...of bodies of water I am the ocean..." BG. 10.24

"...of flowing rivers I am the Ganges..." BG. 10.31

Although we learned at school water is, "comprised of just 2 atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen bonded together", thinkers write articles like The Mystery, Art, and Science of Water - indicating there is a lot more about water we don't know yet.

Now it seems that due to the two dams of the Colorado River its water quality changes for the worse and people are also greatly worried about the watershortage - lawyers fighting for waterrights.

ofdngk.jpg

decreasing water level and degrading water quality of the Colorado River

Some 30 million people depend on that water. A greatly reduced river would wreak chaos in seven states: Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California. An almost unfathomable legal morass might well result, with farmers suing the federal government; cities suing cities; states suing states; Indian nations suing state officials; and foreign nations (by treaty, Mexico has a small claim on the river) bringing international law to bear on the United States government.

The NY Times wrote some 10 pages: The Future is drying up

Many towns have a supply that includes previously treated water. The water from the Mississippi River, for instance, is reused many times by municipalities as it flows southward. But as far as Binney knew, no municipality in the United States had built the kind of closed loop that Aurora envisioned. Water from wells in the South Platte would taste different, because of its mineral and organic content, so Binney’s engineers would have to make it mimic mountain snowmelt. For miles along the highway, we passed barren acreage that formerly grew winter wheat.

Seems like even clean water can have different qualities.

Water Quality Control Commission

Prabhupada: "So I am drinking this water because there is taste. At this time, if you can give me some other juice, I’ll not like. I’ll like to take, drink water, because there is particular taste that will satisfy my thirst. That thirst-quenching taste is Krishna. So immediately you can remember Krishna, “Here is Krishna.’’ This is Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Raso ’ham apsu kaunteya. There is no need of seeing Krishna. You can perceive Krishna while drinking water if you have got such power of perception. And the hints are already there in the Bhagavad-gītā. You can argue, “Where is Krishna? I do not see Krishna. How can I…’’ Well, Krishna says, “All right, you try to realize Me in this way. While you drink water you know that taste is Myself.’’ So you can see or perceive Krishna by drinking water. So everyone is drinking water. Who cannot perceive Krishna? What is the difficulty? Krishna’s giving hints, “Worship Me like that.’’ And God, at the present moment, God can be seen eye-to-eye, but He can be perceived anumananda. What is that word? Parasya…?

Devotee: Parasya.(Sanskrit)

Prabhupāda: (Sanskrit) So at the present moment we can understand God by anubhava: “Here is God.’’ The hint is given by God that raso ’ham apsu kaunteya, that “I am the taste of water.’’ You cannot create this taste. You can make water, hydrogen-oxygen mixing, but you cannot create the taste so that that water may be taken. Is that possible?

Martin: It is possible to make water, and I rely on you to say that it is not possible to make the taste.

Prabhupāda: That… Just like from perspiration we are also creating water, but nobody is going to drink that water. Nobody is coming to lick my body, “Here is water.’’ (laughter) That is not possible.

Devotee: Even if they mix hydrogen and oxygen to get water, still, where does the hydrogen and oxygen come from?

Prabhupāda: Yes. Wherefrom the chemical comes? Such vast sea water, so where you got so much chemical? Then the next question, that Who supplies the chemicals?"

Room Conversation

with His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Mexico, May 4, 1972