IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Redsox

Spiritual Fun

Rate this topic

Gaurasundara!!!

6ytuwx2.jpg

Photograph taken by H.G. Manjari d.d. in Budapest

Shri Gaurasundara ordered Jagadish Pandit to preach the glories of the holy name of Krishna in Jagannatha Puri. On the order of Mahaprabhu, he went to Puri and there, taking permission from Lord Jagannatha, brought a Shri Murti of Jagannatha back to Yashora Grama, where the deity was installed. It is said that Jagadish Pandit carried him on a stick. At present the stick used to bear the Jagannatha deity by Jagadish Pandit is on display at the Jagannatha temple in Yashora Gram."

Shri Gaurasundara and Shri Nityananda Prabhu used to visit Yashora Gram from time to time and hold sankirtan festivals. Shri Jagadish Pandit had a son named Ramabhadra Goswami. At the temple in Yashora Grama there are deities of Jagannatha Dev, Shri Radha-Vallabha, and Gaura Gopal. It is said that the Gaura Gopal deities were installed by Jagadish Pandit's wife, Dukhini Devi. The Gaura Gopal deities are a yellow color. It is said that once, after holding a festival at the house of Jagadish Pandit for many days, Shri Gaurasundara was about to depart for Puri. Jagadish Pandit's wife was overwhelmed with the pain of separation. At that time, Shri Gaurasundara gave her the Gaura Gopal murtis, saying, "I shall live eternally in your home in my deity form." The Gaura Gopal murtis have been worshiped ever since that time.

According to the Gaura-Ganoddesh Dipika: "Some say that in Krishna-lila Jagadish Pandita and Hiranya were formerly the nagapatnis, wives of the serpent Kaliya. Others, however, are of the opinion that Jagadish Pandit was formerly a dancer named Chandrahas. They say that just as Chandrahas used to take pleasure in dancing before Lord Krishna, Jagadish Pandit used to enjoy dancing in the sankirtan party of Shri Chaitanya."

Once, when Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was a little boy, he came to the house of Jagadish and Hiranya on Ekadashi and made them feed him grains. This is described in Chaitanya Bhagavata: "The Lord said, 'If you want me to live, then take me to the house of the two brahmanas, Hiryana and Jagadish. They are devotees, and they have prepared a nice offering for the Lord. Although the devotees must fast on Ekadashi, Vishnu is not bound by such a restriction. He eats what He wants. If I eat the entire offering to Vishnu made by those devotees, I shall be able to live, otherwise not."

One day, baby Nimai was crying without cessation. Everyone said, "Boy! What do you want? Whatever you want you shall get. The boy said, "Today is Ekadashi. At the house of Hiranya and Jagadish many wonderful offerings of bhoga have been made. If I can eat all these nice things, I will be happy." Hearing the impossible demands of the child, Shri Sachimata struck her head with her hand in amazement. Everyone else was astonished to hear the child's words, and then they all smiled. "How does a child know what is Ekadashi?" The ladies said, "Little boy! If you stop your tears, we shall see that you get what you want." When Jagadish Pandit and Hiranya heard the sweet and charming words of the boy, they were completely satisfied, and let him eat the Lord's offering to his heart's content, even though it was Ekadashi, a day on which devotees fast from grains. Jagadish and Hiranya were great friends of Jagannatha Mishra. They had previously known that the Supreme Lord Hari had taken birth as the son of Jagannatha Mishra. Thus, they were more than happy to satisfy whatever demands Nimai had. They therefore jokingly told the boy, "Little boy! You have eaten what was meant for Krishna!" And as little Gaurasundara ate his rice to his heart's content, Jagadish and Hiranya saw revealed before them the form of baby Krishna Himself. He had a complexion the color of a new monsoon cloud, his effulgence was brilliant as lightning, and his head was decorated with a beautiful peacock feather. In this way, Shri Gaurasundara manifest a wonderful miracle before Hiranya and Jagadish as he sat and ate his rice with great bliss. Upon seeing that wonderful form, Hiranya and Jagadish were filled with transcendental ecstasy and began chanting "Hari! Hari!"

It was probably after Mahaprabhu's sannyasa that Hiranya and Jagadish left Mayapura and went to live in Yashora Gram. Every yearhe would accompany the devotees from Bengal who would to go to Puri to see Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu for the Rathayatra festival. He was also present at Nityananda Prabhu's yogurt and chipped rice sankirtan festival in Panihati.

The thirteenth day after the full moon in the month of Pausha marks the passing of Shri Jagadish Pandit Prabhu.

source: http://www.stephen-knapp.com/jagadish_pandit.htm

As Hoss Cartwright would have said: "Dad-burnit Pa, this is what you call real FUN!!!

Now, I don't know if Hoss was a Vishnu bhakta or not, although he seemed to have a really big heart, full of compassion. Maybe he would have been the first to have said "Hayagriva" when the H's began. I don't know. Does anyone here really know for sure? I ask you. can you be sure?

All I know is.... this is a great thread and before it gets lost in the mix, I'm going to bump it right back up to the top. Now... how long it stays there, I do not know. But I can say with at least 73.8% honesty, that I did my part to help keep this thread poppin, as they say. Or as Dickie V would say: dipsy-do, dunk-a-roo!!!

Kisora-Kisori - the eternally youthful divine couple of Vraja

Karunanidhi - the ocean of compassion

Kalanidhi – the supreme artist

Pitambar - the yellow or golden-dressed

Nataraj – king of dancers (not sure, maybe this pertains to Lord Shiva)

Rasanidhi – the ocean of rasa

Shyamasundar – whose body resembles a fesh monsoon clouds

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 19.53

ei-mata gaura-rāya, viṣāde kare hāya hāya,

' kṛṣṇa, tumi gelā kati?'

gopī-bhāva hṛdaye, tāra vākye vilāpaye,

'govinda dāmodara mādhaveti'

SYNONYMS

ei-matain this way; gaura-rāya — Lord Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu; viṣādein lamentation due to separation; kare hāya hāya — always says "alas, alas"; kṛṣṇa — oh, oh, Kṛṣṇa; tumi gelā kati — where have You gone; gopī-bhāva hṛdaye — with the ecstatic love of the gopīs in His heart; tāra vākyein their words; vilāpayeHe laments; govinda dāmodara mādhavaO Govinda, O Dāmodara, O Mādhava; iti — thus.

TRANSLATION

In this way, Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu lamented in the mood of separation, "Alas, alas! O Kṛṣṇa, where have You gone?" Feeling in His heart the ecstatic emotions of the gopīs, Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu agonized in their words, saying, "O Govinda! O Dāmodara! O Mādhava!"

<<< >>>

Germany - Feb 24 2003

Tridandisvami Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja

Uddhava was thinking, "How can I go there? I cannot tolerate separation from Krsna." Krsna pacified him by telling him, "I am thoroughly there, and only partly here. You will soon see that I am totally there." Uddhava then left Mathura and went to Vraja.

It took so much time for Uddhava to reach his destination; it was evening when he arrived and darkness was descending. He now saw what Krsna personally told him – that He was there totally, and in Mathura partly. By the mercy of Yogamaya, Uddhava saw the characteristics of Vraja when Krsna was there. He saw many cowherd boys returning from cow-herding, and he saw Krsna's millions of cows like Dhavali and Syamali. He saw that all the cows had udders containing more than 60 kilos of milk; and that some bulls were fighting each other for those cows. All the gopis had lit ghee lamps and were doing arcana of their Thakuraji, and they were singing songs of Krsna’s pastimes: "Govinda Damodara Madhaveti, Govinda Damodara Madhaveti."

They were churning yogurt while singing the beautiful songs of Krsna, and thus Uddhava saw Krsna's presence there. Just then, however, Yogamaya took away that scene, and Uddhava then saw that all were lamenting and weeping: "Ha (Alas) Govinda Damodara Madhaveti! Ha Govinda Damodara Madhaveti! Ha Govinda Damodara Madhaveti! Ha Govinda Damodara Madhveti."

"O Krsna, without You all the Vrajavasis are dying. Please come, otherwise we will all die." Uddhava saw and heard this, and then he himself began to weep. Then, in the darkness of the evening, when the cows’ lotus foot-dust had filled the entire sky, he entered into the area of Nanda Baba house. Someone showed the way to the house, and then Nanda Baba saw him and stood up – as if his life had come again. He stood up and welcomed this friend of Krsna. He knew that Uddhava was a most dear friend of his son, and so he embraced him. He then went to a brahmana’s house and told him that in his own house, in his palace, there were no sweets or similar preparations. He asked the brahmana to bring sweet-rice. The brahmana had no sugar, however, so he brought unsweetened sweet-rice made simply with milk and rice. Uddhava was very hungry, he therefore accepted that sweet-rice like nectar, and then he took some rest.