IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Shivam

Question

Rate this topic

PAMHO AGTSP

Dear devotees, I was thinking about a scripture I read in the Caitanya Caritamrta. It said that Lord Krishna is pleased more when one praises his devotees than when one praises Lord Krishna directly. I know this to be valid, but my question is if one is praying Hare Krsna infront of Vishnu and one is praying Hare Krsna infront of Shiva, which one receives more benefit?

Please forgive me if I have made any offenses. I'm just curious to this question.

Hare Krishna

Nice question Shivam prabhu.

When you are chanting Hare Krishna, the mantra is meant for Radha and Krishna, no matter who you are sitting in front of, so there should be no difference in result. I do suppose that if you sit in front of Radha and Krishna, it will greatly benefit your chanting of the maha mantra, as having their direct darshan will obviously help you in your meditation on the Divine Couple.

So maybe you mean that one who is sitting in front of Lord Shiva praising Him, in the understanding that He is the best devotee of Lord Krishna, if that will then no doubt please Krishna more then directly praising Him? I think so, because you are praising Shiva as a devotee of Krishna, and like you said, Krishna is more pleased when you praise His devotee.

Many of Lord Siva's pastimes in conjunction with Krishna are very endearing in my opinion. I happily remember them and praise Sivaji in His manifestation of Gopisvara Mahadeva daily.

I hope the answer was of any use to you prabhu,

Hare Krishna

Nice question Shivam prabhu.

When you are chanting Hare Krishna, the mantra is meant for Radha and Krishna, no matter who you are sitting in front of, so there should be no difference in result. I do suppose that if you sit in front of Radha and Krishna, it will greatly benefit your chanting of the maha mantra, as having their direct darshan will obviously help you in your meditation on the Divine Couple.

So maybe you mean that one who is sitting in front of Lord Shiva praising Him, in the understanding that He is the best devotee of Lord Krishna, if that will then no doubt please Krishna more then directly praising Him? I think so, because you are praising Shiva as a devotee of Krishna, and like you said, Krishna is more pleased when you praise His devotee.

Many of Lord Siva's pastimes in conjunction with Krishna are very endearing in my opinion. I happily remember them and praise Sivaji in His manifestation of Gopisvara Mahadeva daily.

I hope the answer was of any use to you prabhu,

Hare Krishna

Thank you very much for your responce Prabhuji. This clarifies alot to me.

Hare Krishna

PAMHO AGTSP

Dear Devotees, I've recently seen Krsna devotees wearing Rudraska Mala as well as Tulasi Mala. Is that an offense? Or are Rudraska beads okay because the Greatest Vaisnava wears them?

Hare Krsna

There are many many benefits of wearing Rudraksha beads!! There is no question of offense. If someone talks of Rudraksha as an offense, then that person is speculating only. Whosoever he may be. But there are certain rules as to what is dear for what kind of sadhna and to what deity. Rudraksha is favorite of Shiva whereas Tulasi of Narayana, Krishna, Rama. So the rule applies to chanting a specific mantra with a specific bead. But you can wear rudraksha. while still chanting Hare Krsna mantra with tulasi beads. No problem.

In any case, Rudraksha can have no offense over anything. Krishna worshipped Shiva and practiced Pashupata yoga. Do you think he didn't wear Rudraksha? Most Vedic sages wore Rudraksha beads whether or not they were exclusive Shiva bhaktas. Thank you!

Hare Krishna.

PAMHO AGTSP

Dear Devotees, I've recently seen Krsna devotees wearing Rudraska Mala as well as Tulasi Mala. Is that an offense? Or are Rudraska beads okay because the Greatest Vaisnava wears them?

Hare Krsna