IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Hare Krishna Restaurant

Rate this topic

This is good news to have in that stronghold of bullfight, Spain, a nice prasadam restaurant.

Madrid Hare Krishna Restaurant

Hare Krishna Restaurant

http://gridskipper.com/travel/madrid/hare-krishna-restaurant-325304.php

<!-- google_ad_section_start --> hare%20krishna%20restaurant%20madrid.jpgI've always found it weird (and to some extent eerie) when I see non-Indians worshiping Krishna and dressed like Indian pandits. I respect that people want to follow Hinduism, but being an Indian myself, it's hard to come to terms with a Spanish guy called Carlos who has renamed himself "Arjuna," has shaved his head, draped himself in orange robes, and is singing bhajans (Indian spiritual hymns) in Hindi. Anyway, the most important reason for anyone to visit Madrid's Krishna restaurant -- located inside the Hare Krishna Cultural Center at Calle Espiritu Santo 19 in barrio Malasaña -- is the food.

It's 100% vegetarian Indian that has never let me down. You get all you can eat for as little as €4, and you're served with love and a big smile. (If you want to miss all the religious stuff, go around 3:30 p.m.) The Center is open every weekday for lunch. For those interested in learning about the Bhagwat Gita, the center has talks every Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. On Sundays at 6:30 p.m., they have devotional songs, a discussion on Vedic philosophy, and free food afterwards. Of course, all the talks and sessions are free, but donations are accepted.

Hare Krishna Cultural Center [Official site]