IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
HerServant

Happy Thanksgiving

Rate this topic

I'd wager (if I was a gambling man) that one can have somebody killed in the slums of Rio or Kolkatta for a lot less than it would cost in the U.S.

What's your point?

We US taxpayers are spending an awful lot of money to kill each "insurgent" in Iraq. I suppose you could say we value human life *more* than folks in other parts of the world.

Sarcasm is also a bad habit of mine.

Murali Prabhu, You did not factor in the profit made from oil in IRAQ. With a barrel of oil going for $90 + dollars I would say you are making quite a "killing".

Anyway aside from the grusome war stories of the present the point I was making is how can America celebrate a Holiday called Thanks Giving celebrating the genocide of the native Americans???

Almost like Germans celebrating the holocaust and calling it Happy "Kristall Nacht":crazy:

(Please forgive me if I have offended anyone only curious)

Haribol

Thanksgiving commemorates a particular instance of *cooperation* between a specific group of native peoples and a specific group of European settlers--but I think you knew that and are just being argumentative.

As for oil prices, the Venezuelans, Nigerians, Russians, and Iranians are also reaping the benefits, aren't they (what to speak of the Saudis)?

You'll have to try harder to offend me.

Murali Prabhu, You did not factor in the profit made from oil in IRAQ. With a barrel of oil going for $90 + dollars I would say you are making quite a "killing".

Anyway aside from the grusome war stories of the present the point I was making is how can America celebrate a Holiday called Thanks Giving celebrating the genocide of the native Americans???

Almost like Germans celebrating the holocaust and calling it Happy "Kristall Nacht":crazy:

(Please forgive me if I have offended anyone only curious)

Haribol

:cool: Have you been to prison, my dear Murali? It`s already 1 year and 7 months, the Governor of Cebu gave me an assignment as the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehab Center`s physician who`s tasked to maintain the health of 1,600 inmates. Have you been inside an isolation cell or inside cells where psychotic criminals dwell? I don`t know if it was a punishment the Governor gave me or reward for being the Cebu province`s jail doctor. Go to www.youtube.com/cpdrc. There you can see the prison for yourself and get to watch these prisoners(1500) dance Michael Jackson`s Thriller. And many more.

I've only been to the County Jail a few times, and that was for work (I had my "get out of jail free" card with me). Well, there was that one time I got arrested in Malibu for mouthing off about the Constitution to a Sheriff's Deputy who was searching my friend, but that was during my "lost years"--since then, it's been "yes, sir" and "no, sir". Even then, I was only in jail for a couple of hours and I enjoyed annoying the officers by singing at the top of my lungs.

Being a doctor, and having the key to the medicine chest must be an awfully tempting position, melvin. Are you sure you never dip into the "goodies" yourself? You don't seem quite sober.

:cool: Have you been to prison, my dear Murali? It`s already 1 year and 7 months, the Governor of Cebu gave me an assignment as the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehab Center`s physician who`s tasked to maintain the health of 1,600 inmates. Have you been inside an isolation cell or inside cells where psychotic criminals dwell? I don`t know if it was a punishment the Governor gave me or reward for being the Cebu province`s jail doctor. Go to www.youtube.com/cpdrc. There you can see the prison for yourself and get to watch these prisoners(1500) dance Michael Jackson`s Thriller. And many more.

:cool: Well Murali, on September 12, 2007, I was driving my 1997 KIA Avella on my way home when suddenly I felt my chest tightened. Then I had a hard time breathing. An hour later, I let my son, Marco Nino, manuever my car to the hospital where he worked. There the resident doctor told me I suffered an acute myocardial (Inferior wall) infarction. I had to stay in the coronary care unit for 2 days and another 2 days in the private room. I had to take a leave of absence from work for 2 weeks.

And you`re asking me if I have been taking pills from the clinic`s medical cabinet inside the prison? Maybe it`s the aspirin 80mg once a day and the neobloc(metoprolol) 50mg twice a day which I have been taking for 2 months now that`s causing it!

And you`re asking me if I have been taking pills from the clinic`s medical cabinet inside the prison? Maybe it`s the aspirin 80mg once a day and the neobloc(metoprolol) 50mg twice a day which I have been taking for 2 months now that`s causing it!

I'm just saying the temptation must be awful. I don't envy you your position.

Are the aspirin and neobloc safe to mix with alcohol?

:cool: My father, Dr. Mario, a pathologist/dermatologist & family physician drinks a bottle of San Miguel beer at 9am, a bottle after lunch, another one at 4pm, a bottle after dinner and a bottle at bedtime. I don`t think there`s harm in drinking a bottle of ice cold San Miguel beer together with aspirin and neobloc. But the advise of my heart doctor, Murali, is I shouldn`t drink yet.

My rationalization is that it isn't intoxication if I only drink one beer--it's medicinal (need that hops for my low-level depression)! ;)

Of course, now that I've gotten the sacred thread, I need to start acting more Brahminically!

:cool: My father, Dr. Mario, a pathologist/dermatologist & family physician drinks a bottle of San Miguel beer at 9am, a bottle after lunch, another one at 4pm, a bottle after dinner and a bottle at bedtime. I don`t think there`s harm in drinking a bottle of ice cold San Miguel beer together with aspirin and neobloc. But the advise of my heart doctor, Murali, is I shouldn`t drink yet.

:cool: I can`t blame you for acting like a brahmana. If this is what makes you happy. If married couples no longer love each other what`s the use living together as husbands and wives? We differ in opinion because we don`t share the same love. You love being a brahmana while I love just being myself.

And I love you just the way you are--crazy as Looney Balooney (a local Santa Cruz character)

:cool: I can`t blame you for acting like a brahmana. If this is what makes you happy. If married couples no longer love each other what`s the use living together as husbands and wives? We differ in opinion because we don`t share the same love. You love being a brahmana while I love just being myself.

For those who think that Thanksgiving is a celebration of genocide, this is an excellent article!!

Here's a quote:

In 1782, leaders of the United States Continental Congress proclaimed a day of Thanksgiving in November because:

“It being the indispensable duty of all nations, not only to offer up their supplications to ALMIGHTY GOD, the giver of all good, for His gracious assistance in a time of distress, but also in a solemn and public manner to give Him praise for His goodness in general, and especially for great and signal interpositions of His providence in their behalf."

And seven years later, in 1789, our first President, George Washington, declared a national day of thanksgiving for November so that:

“We may then unite in rendering to Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country …most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of the Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions….”

The man many historians regard as our greatest President, Abraham Lincoln, issued a proclamation in 1863 establishing Thanksgiving Day … even in the midst of the terrible American Civil War, Lincoln thought it fitting to acknowledge and thank God for His blessings and to repent of our national sins.

For example, a few years ago, in Plymouth, Massachusetts, official stone markers were placed across the area declaring Thanksgiving as a day of mourning – a day to recall how the Pilgrims allegedly murdered and stole from their Indian neighbors and to call for a repudiation of America’s Christian heritage.

That day, radical demonstrators, many of them students at nearby colleges, went on a rampage, defacing the traditional monuments honoring the Pilgrims and celebrating the perverting of a story of religious freedom and racial harmony into one of genocide and hatred.

However, the real truth is, the Pilgrims lived in peace with the Wampanoag Indians, befriended them, signed covenants with them, traded with them, cooperated with them, and fought alongside of them against mutual enemies.