IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

This Is Meditation

Rate this topic

A throne for Krishna made out of a diamond - this is the proper use of diamonds.

2ai0owl.jpg

"It is not expensive at all. You haven’t got to make a very exalted throne for Krishna.

You can imagine that, “In my heart I have placed now a very diamond throne, and Krishna is sitting.” That is accepted. It is… Actually it becomes. Even within the mind you think that “I have kept one diamond throne, very costly throne, because Krishna is coming. He will sit down here,” that is not false. That is a fact. So you create such situation within your heart. Now Krishna has been seated, let me wash His feet with the Ganges water, Yamuna water. Now I change His dress with first class costly garments. Then I decorate with ornaments. Then I give Him for eating. You can simply think of this. This is meditation. This is such a nice thing. Anywhere you can sit down and think that Krishna is sitting in your heart and you're receiving Him in such a nice way.

This is not false, this is fact. It is so easy. So, if you simply carry Krishna within your heart always in a very devotional service, exalted devotional service and chant Hare Krishna, think of Krishna, where ever you'll go you will purify the whole place. Svāntas-sthena gadābhritā.It is fact. It is confirmed in the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam. Try to remain in your position as devotee, and as far as possible teach these rascals who are simply attracted by the glaring material stones and woods, and let them have some knowledge and do benefit to your countrymen, to your society, to your family.

Thank you very much. (end) "

f4g0lg.jpg

I guess I'd better clean out all the filth from my heart before I go putting any diamond thrones there!

It'll take a lot of chanting (or just a little *sincere* chanting), no doubt.

Jai Srila Prabhupada. You are so very merciful!

I guess I'd better clean out all the filth from my heart before I go putting any diamond thrones there!

It'll take a lot of chanting (or just a little *sincere* chanting), no doubt.

Jai Srila Prabhupada. You are so very merciful!

Or simply by the process of preparing such a throne for Krsna within your heart your heart will be cleansed.

Thank you suchandra for such a wonderful thread. How far this line of thought goes will be testimony to our (forum participants) level of consciousness and taste in Krsna consciousness. Especially compared to the participation we lavish on other so-called bhakti topics.

I have a feeling we should prepare to humbled before all on this public site.

That sounds even better!

Why toil with the psychic mop and broom when we can be setting psychic gems for the Lord?

Yeah everytime I try to clean it out by some other means more dirt accumulates while I am trying to clean. I make no progress.

You were right when you said more sincere chanting.

The thing is my mind so disturbed that I couldn't steady it enough to build a wooden stool for Krsna let alone a diamond throne.

And I have lost any taste for serious chanting. Only a round or two of mantra mumbling in whole day.

Nicely made website by Krishnascience.com about how to worship Krishna in such a humble mood as described in post above by Murali-Mohan prabhu. PANCARATRA PRADIPA Text 13: "The Deity form of the Lord, who is the shelter of all living entities, can be established in two ways: temporarily or permanently. But a permanent Deity, having been called, can never be sent away, My dear Uddhava." Explanation: Deities made of durable substances are of two types: fixed and movable. In the fixed forms, the Lord is established once and does not require avahana (calling to be present) at each puja. In some movable murtis the Lord is similarly established once. In those forms that are established temporarily, the pujari must establish the Lord before each worship. Vaisnavas generally do this only for a functional Deity that is being worshiped at a particular occasion. Sometimes, for festival purposes, a murti may be formed out of nondurable substances such as clay, sand, cow dung, sandalwood paste, rice-flour, jaggary, or butter. During Govardhana-puja, for example, Vrajavasis traditionally fashion a Giriraja murti out of cow dung. (See Volume II of this manual for further details.) Salagrama sila do not require installation because They are the eternal residence of the Lord. However, devotees often prefer the murti form of the Lord because, being very attractive to the senses, it helps them realize the transcendental beauty of the Lord's eternal form and inspires them to render service. Because small metal forms of the Lord are convenient to worship with all upacaras, temples usually install one large immovable murti with one or more small murtis of the same form, which are considered nondifferent from the large, immovable form. While the large main Deities are elaborately dressed and decorated, on Their behalf the small metal forms and salagrama sila receive the worship that is awkward to perform upon the large forms--namely, bathing, offering food, putting to rest, and carrying Their Lordships outside during special festivals. When there are two or more such small murtis, each murti may be worshiped in a particular function: one murti may receive the bath with related upacaras, a second may be only taken on procession or swung in Jhulana-yatra, yet another may only accept the food offerings, and so on. Note that all types of Deity are installed, either formally or informally. An "uninstalled" Deity means a Deity that is not receiving any worship. When the Deity is installed, He must be worshiped, and He also notes offenses by neglectful worshipers. As already discussed in the Introduction, the standard of worship one must follow depends on the kind of Deity installed--whether a main temple Deity, a Deity worshiped in a particular way or for a special festival, a general festival Deity, or a household Deity. But in all cases one's worship of the Deity affirms the Lord's presence in the Deity. Therefore all Deity worship must be done under the direction of the spiritual master, who installs the Deity or authorizes His installation, requesting the Lord to appear and accept the worship of his disciples under his guidance and the guidance of his representatives, according to the standards of worship established for that particular Deity. The Deity installation ceremony* performed by the spiritual master may be very simple or very elaborate, depending on various considerations, but in all cases it should be understood that the Lord is now present in the Deity. Therefore the Deity should always be worshiped at least according to the standard established at the time of installation. Even if a Deity is installed solely to be worshiped during one festival a year (as may be the case with Jagannatha Deities, for Ratha-yatra), it should be determined whether the festival can be observed every year, and what types of service the Deity will be offered whenever the festival is observed. If a Deity is being installed for a traveling preaching party, those who will be worshiping the Deity should decide how the Deity will be worshiped under the different circumstances that may arise.** All such standards should be put in writing and kept for reference. *Deity installation procedures will be desSribed in Volume II of this manual, "Naimittika seva--Festivals and Deity Installation." **In fact, there may be circumstances when it is impossible to worship traveling Deities. In such cases Their pujari should have an alternative arrangement, such as worshiping the Deities in a picture or, at least, performing manasa-puja, worship of the Lord in the mind.