IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Redsox

God- Explain

Rate this topic

Nice discussion.

Nobody is stating this explicitly, so let me chime in here.

God has infinite capacity/energy/awareness. The individual jiva-soul has infinitessimal capacity/energy/awareness.

In fact, as gHari states, we are *completely* dependent upon the Lord. Our "independence" is infinitessimal (our free will).

That said, the Vaishnavas here are focussing on what's truly important. In a healthy parent-child relationship, there is no consideration of "superior" and "inferior", simply loving dealings.

And, when God kills the demons, does He not do so in a loving way?

When Arjuna killed his relatives, was his heart not filled with love?

Are love and killing mutually exclusive?

" God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16

"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

And, when God kills the demons, does He not do so in a loving way?

When Arjuna killed his relatives, was his heart not filled with love?

Are love and killing mutually exclusive?

Love is the cosmic fire brahma weapon. Love is not only an experience but a spiritual ray which can be guided by the devotees. That is why Jesus taught "Love your enemies". Your love of God in your heart of hearts can be directed at whomever and whatever you wish. The relatives that need killed in BG are first within you. (Though they were manifested as persons in Arjuna's time).

That is why Jesus said your enemies are members of your own household. (your senses and the demons that possess them)

Matt 10:36. - "And a man's enemies shall be they of his own household."

Matt 5:44 - "But I say to you, love your enemies"

Matt. 12:43-45 - When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."