IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Preaching the Holy Name in War Zones

Rate this topic

Somehow this seems a topic for many Vaishnavas, what is the Vaishnavas opinion concerning preaching of the Holy Name in war zones like Iraq?

Should the Holy Names of Hare, Krishna and Rama or acaryas not be associated with any army for the time being? Machine gun in one hand and prasadam in the other! How will Muslim children and women observe such a contradiction? The US Army is despised all over the world for this war, including in the USA, as it is a war for stealing the petrol/oil of Arabic countries, of controlling this region of the planet, and not really to implement democracy which could be somewhat used to establish travelling Kirtan parties. It's a very serious matter for the future reputation of ISKCON and Srila Prabhupada, and all senior devotees should give their opinion about this issue.

4oszls8.jpg

Those who know the despicable history of Christianity (followed by Islam),when the Vatican spread this "religion" all over the world by using military force and killing any opposition from South America to Africa and Asia, should be careful not to associate military force with the Holy Names of God and His representatives.

Our main weapons should be the Maha Mantra, free distribution of prasadam to all the afflicted areas, telling the recipients that it's food offered to God, whose Names are multiple, according to customs and countries.

There should be special funds to support such preaching, that should not be done by soldiers in uniforms. Soldiers mean violence and abuse of most horrible kind due to weapons made of depleted uranium, which is contaminating the whole world with dangerous radioactive effects, provoking a special kind of cancer to soldiers and populations.

If any preaching is organized in Iraq it should be done by fearless devotees who would distribute the Holy Names and prasadam with the great benediction of the Founder/Acarya, who said he would worship such devotees by putting the dust from their lotus feet on his head by preaching to the Muslims.

In South Africa, the only white people who could walk safely in black areas were ISKCON devotees who were doing Food For Life, thus promoting ISKCON and Srila Prabhupada in a very positive way.

Partha-sarathi Prabhu writes from the battlefield of Iraq, Sep 25, 2007:

"Dear Devotees, Please accept my most fallen and unworthy obeisances, All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Hare Krsna, I am writing this letter to explain myself and my motives behind what I am doing in Iraq. I am not here to be a hero, make waves in ISKCON and certainly not to make Srila Prabhupada and place a negative preception of ISKCON. I joined the Army prior to becoming a devotee. While some talk harshly about my being there, and some praise me, the fact is that I am stuck here.

I signed my name and gave my word to lead soldiers. After reading Srila Prabhupada's books, I have understood that Srila Prabhupada wanted us to take advantage of any chance we have to preach this wonderful message. This brings me to Iraq (the fourth time), where after years of preaching in the Army, am finally getting facility and means to cultivate and introduce jivas to Srila Prabhupada's books. To be able to have a Ratha Yatra on a US Army base, to be given a building to be used for educating and advancing this culture. Will all do respect to all the devotees.

None of you are here, none of you have to have someone covered in blood and die i your arms and see that his only hope is to hear the Holy Name. I believe if not mistaken Srila Prabhupada wanted us to develop a quality called compassion. It is lonely here and while most live a community of devotees, I live not in a comfortable temple, but in a war zone. There is no life here, only death. Death of the material body and even more importantly death of the interest in spiritual life. But when they hear about Krsna….. their lives light up.

All of you are more advanced and senior than me, after all I am just a dumb soldier but I ask each of you, do these soldiers not deserve the right and opportunity to learn about Krsna? Do they not deserve a chance to end the cycle of birth and death?

I am not a savior but Srila Prabhupada is and if I have to go through all of this to bring one to Srila Prabhupada, then it is worth. That is my desire, no it is my DUTY to Srila Prabhupada and to my Spiritual Master. It is the duty of all that claim to be a Vaisnava. Where would we be if Srila Prabhupada never left India? We would be rotting in the material suffering.

Contrary to some, not all of us soldier are the cause of the greatest horrors.

A shame, such a broad and intelligent movement and such narrow minded thinking. After all, with this logic should we label ever Hare Krsna as a demon after the events of the late 1970's and 1980's? These men and women are thirsty for the nectar of Bhagavad-Gita. Who here has the right to take the cup of nectar away, that would relieve their thirst?

With all this said, I ask all the devotees to look past politics, to look past their personal opinions and for a chance be supportive of one another. After all, as Srila Prabhupada said "the dogs may bark, but the caravan will pass.

Please forgive me for any offenses I have made. It is not my desire to upset anyone. I fall at each of your feet repeatedly and beg for your forgiveness. yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada,

Partha-sarathi dasa

Although worthless, I offer my respectful obeisances to this wonderful and sincere bhakta Partha-sarathi dasa. May Krsna ever guide his chariot in the battlefield's of Iraq and beyond.

Somehow Praghosa prabhu says what you're saying, go on with the good work Paratha-sarathi prabhu:

By Praghosa Das ( NYC - Sep 26, 2007)

My Dear Paratha Sarathi Das

I had in the past promised to write you something in regards to your kind efforts to share the blessings of our Dear Srila Prabhupada with anyone willing to accept them while you are there in the midst of the present conflict in Iraq. I offer you now my thoughts and encouragement today.

I have noted some of the recent questions being posed about the efficacy and/or value of your efforts there in Iraq and they do not seem to take into consideration some important spiritual principles. In some cases - the discussion has entered into the political aspects of this war, but for soldiers on both sides of this conflict, engaged in doing their prescribed duty, the political element is of minor or no importance. Of course there are many negative perceptions of this present conflict in Iraq. Sentiments are greatly aroused here in the United States; both pro and con. No one knows this better however - than the troops on the ground - each of whom are facing ALL the relevant matters that pertain to executing your duties there day after day - while having to internally deal with these matters. I would like to contribute something for your benefit and perhaps the benefit of any of your fellow soldiers there with whom you have provided the mercy and blessings of Srila Prabhupada and Krsna Consciousness.

I recall after you and I exchanged letters - that I had cautioned you to take care that your efforts would not be misidentified with the invasion or US occupation by the Iraqis themselves. You had assured me then, that all your efforts were directed to your fellow officers and US troops who have found themselves by force of circumstances in this present conflict. I want to encourage you in every way to go on with your efforts unhindered by even a shred of doubt or fear - no matter what objection might be offered from any other quarter.

First - the validity of or actual necessity for this present war in the MIddle East and most wars in Kali Yuga - can be and usually are questioned or challenged by all those whose task it is to pay for or support them in anyway. The intellectuals will challenge. The Economists will challenge. The politicians will challenge. The religionist will challenge. Most importantly - the men and women - who are either asked or forced - to enact this policy of “Politics by other means” - will either challenge the validity of war in general or a particular war, as they are the principals who will be asked to make the greatest “contribution” or sacrifice to the effort; their very lives! They either challenge before they find themselves caught up in the maelstrom, if they have a choice at all, or doubts and fears and challenges fully manifest within them once they find themselves in the center of the fray.

As you have explained - this is your 4th tour of Duty there in Iraq. Clearly - you are answering the call from our Srila Prabhupada to deliver the blessings of simple Krsna Consciousness - the chanting of the Holy Names and honoring of the slightest bit of the Lord’s prasadam - to men who are as Srila Prabhupada would describe it - placed in a materially speaking “less than adorable” situation. For the devotee of the Lord - hell can be converted to heaven, where he is able to share this simple method of fully and perfectly connecting with Lord Krsna. Conversely - for the devotee, even the most “heavenly” situation can be transformed into a hellish nightmare - if this simple method of fully and perfectly connecting with Lord Krsna is denied him.

When I was just a young brahmacari book distributor working hard day after day to distribute Srila Prabhupada’s books to the conditioned souls, I found myself in Washington DC in the centennial summer of 1976 on the 4th of July. There are many wonderful lectures, room conversations and articles from His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada during that period. Srila Prabhupada even attended the wonderful fireworks display in the center of Washington DC celebrating our nation’s 200Th Anniversary! He was surrounded by many devotees as he gazed up at the sky taking in the display! It was a very wonderful 4Th of July for all of us. I would hope that you can acquire as much of the above nectar from Srila Prabhupada from that period and share that with your men there. I am sure they would delight in this history as well.

Anyway - during this period - I seemed to be missing a lot of the daily darshans and each day I would arrive from the airport where we were doing our daily samkirtan and would be greeted by a different devotee “Oh Praghosa you really missed another doozy” and with each passing day - I was becoming a little more disappointed. Then one night - I came home and by Krsna’s Sweet Will - I was directly confronted with the presence of Srila Prabhuapda - standing directly in front of me with a couple of men. I immediately fell to the ground - too shocked for words really - as I had been only 15 minutes earlier driving home from the airport - offering my protest to Krsna - promising a permanent grudge against Him if I was continually denied the kinds of “nectar” the other men seemed to be getting! Now suddenly - it was as if Krsna had tore open the raincloud of mercy and just unleashed a torrent of mercy upon me! I could hardly breathe as I looked up into Srila Prabhupada’s eyes. Srila Prabhupada wasted no time.

“So who is this?” and his servant told him we were the samkirtan boys from the airport. “Ahh! So how was the book distribution today?” Srila Prabhuapda asked me. I stood and without hesitating answered “Srila Prabhupada. Between Vaisaseka, Subbhudi Raya and Myself - we distributed 140 copies of the Bhagavad Gita!” Srila Prabhupada threw his arm in the air and said “Jaya! Victory” and smiled with such affection you could scarcely imagine!

In that moment - my heart was stolen by him forever. There was not a single shred of a doubt - that at least for that moment - I had been made the most fortunate man in the entire universe! I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt - precisely what he had meant when he said in one letter “If you want to please me - then distribute my books”. This is your position as well. Each day there in the field - no matter what happens - when you share this simple method of connecting absolutely with Lord Krsna with your fellow soldiers - His Divine Grace is indescribably pleased with you and you should know it - he is likewise smiling upon you and your efforts and throwing his arms up shouting “Jaya! Victory!”

I then proceeded to tell him all about a young soldier from the US Army, stationed in Fort Jackson South Carolina - who had accepted 4 of Srila Prabhupada’s books from me in exchange for a donation of $80.00! Srila Prabhupada was absolutely delighted as I told him this. I then said to His Divine Grace the following and the exchange that followed - has served me for the rest of my life in countless ways.

“Srila Prabhupada, this young man asked me a very good question also”.

“Oh. What was that?” Srila Prabhupada asked as he resumed walking to the porch of his little residence.

“He asked me “Is it possible for me to be Krsna Conscious and remain a soldier?

Srila Prabhupada stopped walking, turned and asked me “And how did you answer him” evidently interested in my reply.

I said “Well Srila Prabhupada…I told him that this Bhagavad Gita was originally spoken to the greatest soldier in the history of the world. His name was Arjuna and Lord Krsna states in this converstation ….that the message of the Gita is most importantly, meant for the saintly kings and their soldiers.

Srila Prabhupada paused for a moment, thoughtful, and then smiled and said “You have answered rightly! Arjuna WAS a military man!”

Then Srila Prabhupada invited us in to his quarters and asked us point blank “So tell me more about this book distribution!”

I proceeded to tell him more and he asked various questions. At one point I told him of another young soldier I had met the previous day - who purchased 4 Bhagavad Gitas from me saying “These are for my buddies on the base down at Fort Jackson. 8 of us fellas get together every week and study this Gita”.

Srila Prabhupada looked at me surprised and asked “OUR Bhagavad Gita?” I immediately replied “Yes Srila Prabhupada. YOUR Bhagavad Gita!” Srila Prabhupada looked at his servant and smiling said “Just see!”. Clearly he was pleased. He was pleased that they were carefully reading on the base together in Fort Jackson. He most certainly would be pleased if they read it and act upon it - while engaged in fighting upon the battlefield!

So do not entertain a single doubt about your dedicated service to Srila Prabhupada. Nor your dedicated service to all the men in your company there in this battlefield. Soldiers of the genuine warrior class are not called upon to decide the issues that lead to and result in war. Their job is to prosecute the war - and as effectively and successfully as possible.

Many will object to this and cite so many seemingly reasonable arguments against this fact.

As much objection as there may be to this or any war - still war remains with us as a facet of human existence. There are so many who will protest or struggle against all that appears to unnecessarily generate war in this world. Still no one has been able to prevent what often in hindsight appears inexplicably irrational, unprovoked or unwanted.

Why this occurs cannot be explained too well by the materialists; those who do not see or acknowledge the Divine Hand or Will of the Lord behind all that happens in this world. But His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada provided us the most comprehensive explanation for this phenomena called WAR in his rendition of the Krsna Book Volume III Chapter 10. This chapter highlights Lord Balaram’s touring of the Sacred Places. Here are the facts about WAR given us by Srila Prabhupada:

“When Lord Balarama returned to Prabhasatirtha He heard from the brahmanas that most of the ksatriyas in the Battle of Kuruksetra had been killed. Balarama felt relieved to hear that the burden of the world had been reduced. Lord Krsna and Balarama appeared on this earth to lessen the burden of military strength created by the ambitious ksatriya kings. This is the way of materialistic life: not being satisfied by the absolute necessities of life, people ambitiously create extra demands, and their illegal desires are checked by the laws of nature or by laws of God, appearing as famine, war, pestilence and similar catastrophes. ” Srila Prabhupada once gave another example in this regard to illustrate just how and why such catastrophes are from time to time forced upon mankind in this world. He told the story of the teacher who was tired of the misbehavior of two of his students. They were causing such disturbance that the rest of the class was not able to concentrate on their studies. So the teacher called the two young rascals to the front of the class. He raised his cane, threatening to strike them both, but instead of beating them himself, he ordered them “You each take hold of the others earlobes with both hands and you grip them tightly! Now - when I order you …you each pull the other’s ear until I order you to stop!” The boys were shocked - but - they saw that unless they did as he compelled them to do - he would beat them even more severely with his cane! So - when the teacher ordered “NOW PULL you rascals!” they each in turn began tormenting the other by pulling on the others ears. Naturally - as each pulled harder and harder - they became more and more angry with the other! They were now not only tormented by the teacher and his cane - but they were directly tormented and wounded by the other! In time - the teacher then relented and order them to cease. “Now go back to you seats and see that you do not disturb my class again” he commanded them.

So this is the situation of this material world. Srila Prabhupada says in the introduction to his translation of the First Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam - we are all forced to suffer “large scale quarrels over less important issues”.

Now - into the midst of this “large scale quarrel” you and so many other US soldiers and Iraqi nationalists have found themselve thrust into battle. Sometimes as comrades. Sometimes as enemies. Certainly this present conflict could be discussed and analyzed - literally to the point of tears - and indeed it most certainly has been and will continue to be - but all that discussion from every possible angle - does not change the moment to moment - day to day life of one G.I. or Iraqi fighter one iota! Each of you - on each side of this conflict is confronted by your prescribed duties as they pertain to your position as soldiers. There are many who would argue vehemently against your doing this or accepting your duties in this way. I would not. As you have stated - “I signed on for this to lead my men and I take it this committment seriously”.

However - your efforts to bring the beautiful opportunity of Krsna Consciousness, the chanting of the Lord’s Holy Names and the acceptance of His prasadam - to any and all who might be willing and grateful to accept it - whether they be US Soldiers or otherwise - are indescribably pleasing to His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada. I applaud your efforts and wish only to encourage you and the “boots on the ground” your fellow soldiers, to continiue.

You can inquire from every single man and woman who ever seriously engaged in the distribution of Srila Prabhupada’s books and they will all tell you that we all found and still find the military men of the US forces to be some of the most sincerely interested in receiving Srila Prabhupada’s books. All of us have literally COUNTLESS stories that demonstrate how they valued and or value receiving them. Naturally they are faced with very important and oft times vexing circumstances. Having the comfort of the Lord and His simple devotees - who deliver to them unsolicited the sweet names of Lord Krsna and His prasadam, in the midst of what are extraordinary circumstances - will have a lasting impact upon each of them who can take advantage of your wondeful efforts.

Certainly - YOU more than anyone from the safety of our computers in the West - knows exactly how sensitive the situation there is as regards the sentiments of the Iraqis. Any attempt on our part to caution you in this regard has most certainly been deeply considered by both you and your Commanding Officers there in the midst of it all.

I write to you only to tell you - that for however long you are either obliged or willling to remain there - perform your duties as efficiently and expertly as possible and simultaneously continue to share this wonderful and simple process of Krsna Consciousness with every man you can. In so doing - you will be pleasing His Divne Grace Srila Prabhupada unlimitedly and you will be doing the greatest possible good for yourself and all the men you so support.

Despite all that may appear as threatening or chaotic or unwanted or undesirable around you all there in Iraq at this time, if you all can simply hear the following from His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada, taken from the 11th Chapter of his rendition of the Krsna Book, entitled “The Meeting of Lord Krsna with Sudama Brahmana” - and apply it moment to moment - then despite what your circumstance might look like - you will see it - as it actually is.

King Pariksit continued: “The capacity for talking can be perfected only by describing the transcendental qualities of the Lord. The capacity for working with one’s hands can be successful only when one engages himself in the service of the Lord with those hands. Similarly, one’s mind can be pacified only when he simply thinks of Krsna in full Krsna consciousness. This does not mean that one has to be very thoughtful, but one simply has to understand that Krsna, the Absolute Truth, is all-pervasive by His localized aspect as Paramatma. If only one can think that Krsna, as Paramatma, is everywhere, even within the atom, then one can perfect the thinking, feeling and willing function of his mind. The perfect devotee does not see the material world as it appears to material eyes, but he sees everywhere the presence of his worshipable Lord in His Paramatma feature.”

I salute you prabhu and all your fellow soldiers who are taking this gift of Krsna Consciousness so seriously and are so generously offering it to one another in the spirit of our Dear Srila Prabhupada.

Hare Krsna!

Praghosa Das NYC

pdhedemark@

<!-- end .post-middle --><!-- the bottom of the post, the background graphic gets applied here -->

Cidanan prabhu suggests that, "Any of such killing means a horrible karma for the future".

Iraq is not Kuruksetra!

BY: CIDANANDAS

<center>
war1.jpg
</center>

Sep 29, USA (SUN) — Reply to Praghosa Prabhu, refused for publication by Dandavats.com.

Praghosa Das (NYC) wrote:
  • "My Dear Paratha Sarathi Das,

I had in the past promised to write you something in regards to your kind efforts to share the blessings of our Dear Srila Prabhupada with anyone willing to accept them while you are there in the midst of the present conflict in Iraq. I offer you now my thoughts and encouragement today."

I have noted some of the recent questions being posed about the efficacy and/or value of your efforts there in Iraq and they do not seem to take into consideration some important spiritual principles. In some cases - the discussion has entered into the political aspects of this war, but for soldiers on both sides of this conflict, engaged in doing their prescribed duty, the political element is of minor or no importance. Of course there are many negative perceptions of this present conflict in Iraq. Sentiments are greatly aroused here in the United States; both pro and con. No one knows this better however - than the troops on the ground - each of whom are facing ALL the relevant matters that pertain to executing your duties there day after day - while having to internally deal with these matters. I would like to contribute something for your benefit and perhaps the benefit of any of your fellow soldiers there with whom you have provided the mercy and blessings of Srila Prabhupada and Krsna Consciousness.

I recall after you and I exchanged letters - that I had cautioned you to take care that your efforts would not be misidentified with the invasion or US occupation by the Iraqis themselves. You had assured me then, that all your efforts were directed to your fellow officers and US troops who have found themselves by force of circumstances in this present conflict. I want to encourage you in every way to go on with your efforts unhindered by even a shred of doubt or fear - no matter what objection might be offered from any other quarter."

Reply by Cidanandas:

Dear Prabhu,

It is, of course, always positive to get the message of Lord Krishna, even if one is in hell!

But, as a large percentage of the world's population now agree, this war has started with a false allegation: Saddam Hussein had WMD or weapons of mass destruction, so was a danger to the world! There has to be always a reason for attacking a sovereign country, and by clever arrangement, the September 11th tragedy, sacrificing 3,000 Americans, was planned, in detail, by international asuras, so as to go immediately to Afghanistan and drop thousands of bombs, killing thousands, and so start a general war against Islamic countries. The real reason has always been the same, every time: greed! Take possession of other parts of the world by terroristic actions, no matter how dreadful the local population may suffer.

So by engaging oneself in such military forces, one cooperates with such evil, at the same time tarnishing the reputation of American citizens as well as other European countries. They are now unsafe when visiting as tourists, as the news regularly reports.

So why encourage young soldiers to stay in such hellish place, for the sake of "preaching" Krsna consciousness? A lot of them will never return, or will be diseased mentally or physically for life!

It is suspected that bombs made of depleted uranium is causing a dreadful sort of cancer to the war veterans, who are dying like flies, with atrocious sufferings.

[
]

Praghosa das wrote:
  • "First - the validity of or actual necessity for this present war in the Middle East and most wars in Kali Yuga - can be and usually are questioned or challenged by all those whose task it is to pay for or support them in anyway. The intellectuals will challenge. The Economists will challenge. The politicians will challenge. The religionist will challenge. Most importantly - the men and women - who are either asked or forced - to enact this policy of "Politics by other means" - will either challenge the validity of war in general or a particular war, as they are the principals who will be asked to make the greatest "contribution" or sacrifice to the effort; their very lives! They either challenge before they find themselves caught up in the maelstrom, if they have a choice at all, or doubts and fears and challenges fully manifest within them once they find themselves in the center of the fray."

As far as I know, there is no obligation for US citizens to serve in the Army! Many joined, tempted by false promises of material benefits or because of unemployment. A lot of them end up in suicide, deserting, insane, crippled or in a black plastic bag!
  • "As you have explained - this is your 4th tour of Duty there in Iraq. Clearly - you are answering the call from our Srila Prabhupada to deliver the blessings of simple Krsna Consciousness - the chanting of the Holy Names and honoring of the slightest bit of the Lord's prasadam - to men who are as Srila Prabhupada would describe it - placed in a materially speaking "less than adorable" situation."

If any devotee dares to go to a dangerous place for preaching, he can be considered a hero; but the US soldier has put himself voluntarily in such hellish position, and a lot of them have to kill daily for their distant masters, who never dare to risk their own lives or their relatives' there: they are peacefully vacating in luxury hotels! Any of such killing means a horrible karma for the future, and it's not certain if all of such sinful activities will be erased by the Lord. Baghdad is not Kuruksetra!
  • "Srila Prabhupada, this young man asked me a very good question also".

"Oh. What was that?" Srila Prabhupada asked as he resumed walking to the porch of his little residence.

"He asked me "Is it possible for me to be Krsna Conscious and remain a soldier? Srila Prabhupada stopped walking, turned and asked me "And how did you answer him" evidently interested in my reply.

I said "Well Srila Prabhupada…I told him that this Bhagavad Gita was originally spoken to the greatest soldier in the history of the world. His name was Arjuna and Lord Krsna states in this conversation ….that the message of the Gita is most importantly, meant for the saintly kings and their soldiers."

But not for asuras, whose only aim is to grab the middle eastern oil fields! The whole world economy is run by sinister organisations, with secret meetings, deciding about the future of this planet. With no faith in God, their only aim is to get wealthier, by any means, sacrificing even countrymen, Mother nature and general health of the population.
  • "Srila Prabhupada paused for a moment, thoughtful, and then smiled and said "You have answered rightly! Arjuna WAS a military man!"

Then Srila Prabhupada invited us in to his quarters and asked us point blank "So tell me more about this book distribution!"

I proceeded to tell him more and he asked various questions. At one point I told him of another young soldier I had met the previous day - who purchased 4 Bhagavad Gitas from me saying "These are for my buddies on the base down at Fort Jackson. 8 of us fellas get together every week and study this Gita".

Srila Prabhupada looked at me surprised and asked "OUR Bhagavad Gita?" I immediately replied "Yes Srila Prabhupada. YOUR Bhagavad Gita!" Srila Prabhupada looked at his servant and smiling said "Just see!". Clearly he was pleased. He was pleased that they were carefully reading on the base together in Fort Jackson. He most certainly would be pleased if they read it and act upon it - while engaged in fighting upon the battlefield!"

So, if this soldier read this Gita, he should be now in the Army of Lord Caitanya, fighting against evil and not for evil! Maybe he is? Enlightened with sacred sciptures, no one should stay in demonic armies.
  • "So do not entertain a single doubt about your dedicated service to Srila Prabhupada. Nor your dedicated service to all the men in your company there in this battlefield. Soldiers of the genuine warrior class are not called upon to decide the issues that lead to and result in war. Their job is to prosecute the war - and as effectively and successfully as possible. Many will object to this and cite so many seemingly reasonable arguments against this fact.

As much objection as there may be to this or any war - still war remains with us as a facet of human existence. There are so many who will protest or struggle against all that appears to unnecessarily generate war in this world. Still no one has been able to prevent what often in hindsight appears inexplicably irrational, unprovoked or unwanted."

<center>
war2.jpg
</center>

If you go to the right websites, you can easily understand the real reasons why this war has started: money, power, greed. The evil warmongers are getting filthy rich, by all means: sale of weapons, juicy military contracts, and trillions worth of underground wealth, while the dumb soldiers will just serve as instruments for such bloody victory, killing innocents and ruining the environment, for a long time!
  • "Why this occurs cannot be explained too well by the materialists; those who do not see or acknowledge the Divine Hand or Will of the Lord behind all that happens in this world. But His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada provided us the most comprehensive explanation for this phenomena called WAR in his rendition of the Krsna Book, Volume III, Chapter 10. This chapter highlights Lord Balaram's touring of the Sacred Places. Here are the facts about WAR given us by Srila Prabhupada:

"When Lord Balarama returned to Prabhasatirtha He heard from the brahmanas that most of the ksatriyas in the Battle of Kuruksetra had been killed. Balarama felt relieved to hear that the burden of the world had been reduced. Lord Krsna and Balarama appeared on this earth to lessen the burden of military strength created by the ambitious ksatriya kings. This is the way of materialistic life: not being satisfied by the absolute necessities of life, people ambitiously create extra demands, and their illegal desires are checked by the laws of nature or by laws of God, appearing as famine, war, pestilence and similar catastrophes."

Srila Prabhupada's arrival in the West just delayed the 3rd world war, by the benediction of his preaching, followed by his disciples afterwards. He gave all instructions how to create an alternative society, with simple living in self sufficient farms, distributing his literature, prasadam, the Holy Names, protecting cows….but such instructions are not being carried out as it should be, and so many devotees have to work with karmis as there are not facilities enough. By carry on killing other human beings in materialistic wars, the burden is daily increased, and it won't be a surprise to soon have a nuclear war, thus eliminating a good portion of world's population. Cities can be destroyed while there will be more living possibilities in rural areas, where the Founder Acarya asked devotees to stay. So the only divine army is Sri Caitanya's Army, armed with Vedic knowledge, beads and prasadam.
  • "He told the story of the teacher who was tired of the misbehavior of two of his students. They were causing such disturbance that the rest of the class was not able to concentrate on their studies. So the teacher called the two young rascals to the front of the class. He raised his cane, threatening to strike them both, but instead of beating them himself, he ordered them "You each take hold of the others earlobes with both hands and you grip them tightly! Now - when I order you …you each pull the other's ear until I order you to stop!" The boys were shocked - but - they saw that unless they did as he compelled them to do - he would beat them even more severely with his cane! So - when the teacher ordered "NOW PULL you rascals!" they each in turn began tormenting the other by pulling on the others ears. Naturally - as each pulled harder and harder - they became more and more angry with the other! They were now not only tormented by the teacher and his cane - but they were directly tormented and wounded by the other! In time - the teacher then relented and order them to cease. "Now go back to you seats and see that you do not disturb my class again" he commanded them.

So this is the situation of this material world. Srila Prabhupada says in the introduction to his translation of the First Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam - we are all forced to suffer "large scale quarrels over less important issues"."

Those who follow the guidelines of Srila Prabhupada will be spared the consequences of such quarrels, if they create rural communities that will be protected by the Lord, while the city dwellers risk total annihilation.
  • "Now - into the midst of this "large scale quarrel" you and so many other US soldiers and Iraqi nationalists have found themselves thrust into battle. Sometimes as comrades. Sometimes as enemies. Certainly this present conflict could be discussed and analyzed - literally to the point of tears - and indeed it most certainly has been and will continue to be - but all that discussion from every possible angle - does not change the moment to moment - day to day life of one G.I. or Iraqi fighter one iota! Each of you - on each side of this conflict is confronted by your prescribed duties as they pertain to your position as soldiers. There are many who would argue vehemently against your doing this or accepting your duties in this way. I would not. As you have stated - "I signed on for this to lead my men and I take it this commitment seriously".

If there were a Krsna conscious Army, with real ksatriyas obeying pure brahmanas, the war would be a Holy war! And anyone who dies during such war will be guaranteed to evolve to higher planets or reincarnation in Vaisnava families. But serving demonic leaders does not guarantee anything good! Any sane person should never sign into such an army!
  • "However - your efforts to bring the beautiful opportunity of Krsna Consciousness, the chanting of the Lord's Holy Names and the acceptance of His prasadam - to any and all who might be willing and grateful to accept it - whether they be US Soldiers or otherwise - are indescribably pleasing to His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada. I applaud your efforts and wish only to encourage you and the "boots on the ground" your fellow soldiers, to continiue."

I beg all who have read Srila Prabhupada's books to resign immediately from such army …before it's too late!
  • "You can inquire from every single man and woman who ever seriously engaged in the distribution of Srila Prabhupada's books and they will all tell you that we all found and still find the military men of the US forces to be some of the most sincerely interested in receiving Srila Prabhupada's books. All of us have literally COUNTLESS stories that demonstrate how they valued and or value receiving them. Naturally they are faced with very important and oft times vexing circumstances. Having the comfort of the Lord and His simple devotees - who deliver to them unsolicited the sweet names of Lord Krsna and His prasadam, in the midst of what are extraordinary circumstances - will have a lasting impact upon each of them who can take advantage of your wondeful efforts.

Certainly - YOU more than anyone from the safety of our computers in the West - knows exactly how sensitive the situation there is as regards the sentiments of the Iraqis. Any attempt on our part to caution you in this regard has most certainly been deeply considered by both you and your Commanding Officers there in the midst of it all."

There are millions of Iraqis who are peaceful citizens, who can be live with people of other faiths, and can even become vegetarians and Vaisnavas. Most of them had their countries invaded in the past by Islamic terrosists, forcing them to convert or die. They preferred to stay alive, still secretly loving God in their heart, and in Afghanistan and North India, secretly worshipping Hanuman, Lord Rama or Lord Krsna. Expert inter-religious encounters can bring enlightenment to them as well as Srila Prabhupada's books in Arabic, as such treasures are not found in their libraries. As soon as they would read His Divine Grace's books, some will be enlightened! Devotees' weapons are transcendental books, not machine-guns!

One sun can bring light to a whole universe!
  • "I write to you only to tell you - that for however long you are either obliged or willling to remain there - perform your duties as efficiently and expertly as possible and simultaneously continue to share this wonderful and simple process of Krsna Consciousness with every man you can. In so doing - you will be pleasing His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada unlimitedly and you will be doing the greatest possible good for yourself and all the men you so support.

Despite all that may appear as threatening or chaotic or unwanted or undesirable around you all there in Iraq at this time, if you all can simply hear the following from His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada, taken from the 11th Chapter of his rendition of the Krsna Book, entitled "The Meeting of Lord Krsna with Sudama Brahmana" - and apply it moment to moment - then despite what your circumstance might look like - you will see it - as it actually is.

King Pariksit continued: "The capacity for talking can be perfected only by describing the transcendental qualities of the Lord. The capacity for working with one's hands can be successful only when one engages himself in the service of the Lord with those hands. Similarly, one's mind can be pacified only when he simply thinks of Krsna in full Krsna consciousness."

Pretty difficult after a day of killing, intoxicated by radioactive fumes from explosions, and constant fear of dying! But it's not too late to come back home…..for the joy of your family, all Vaisnavas and Srila Prabhupada…and join His Divine Army of preachers!

Your servant,

Cidanandas

I read this paragraph and had to stop. The idea that the US and other asuras want to occupy and exploit Afghanistan is so patently absurd as to laughable. There is nothng in Afghanistan to exploit!

By ignoring the demons in the guise of religious zealots namely the Taliban and al-queda Cidananda shows a fatal myopic view of the situation so I feel the rest of his article will be polluted with this same mind set.

There may also be much good in the rest of the article but I'll never know.

Reply by Cidanandas:

Dear Prabhu,

It is, of course, always positive to get the message of Lord Krishna, even if one is in hell!

But, as a large percentage of the world's population now agree, this war has started with a false allegation: Saddam Hussein had WMD or weapons of mass destruction, so was a danger to the world! There has to be always a reason for attacking a sovereign country, and by clever arrangement, the September 11th tragedy, sacrificing 3,000 Americans, was planned, in detail, by international asuras, so as to go immediately to Afghanistan and drop thousands of bombs, killing thousands, and so start a general war against Islamic countries. The real reason has always been the same, every time: greed! Take possession of other parts of the world by terroristic actions, no matter how dreadful the local population may suffer.

I read this paragraph and had to stop. The idea that the US and other asuras want to occupy and exploit Afghanistan is so patently absurd as to laughable. There is nothng in Afghanistan to exploit!

The issue in Afghanistan was the strategically valuable location for a pipeline to connect the immense oil and gas resources of the Caspian Basin to the richest markets. Whoever built the pipeline would control the Basin, and in the 1990s the contest to build it was spirited.

American interests in the region were promoted by an organization called the Foreign Oil Companies Group. Among its most active members were Henry Kissinger, a former secretary of state but now an advisor to the Unocal Corp.; Alexander Haig, another former secretary of state but now a lobbyist for Turkmenistan; and Richard Cheney, a former secretary of defense, but now the CEO of the Halliburton Corp.

Late in 1996, however, the Bridas Corp. of Argentina finally signed contracts with the Taliban and with Gen. Dostum of the Northern Alliance to build the pipeline.

There are also the juicy fields of opium of this region,which brings billions of dollars to the concerned parties.

So,by going to the right websites,one can be informed about the truth regarding the motives behind wars in general[the TV or newspapers wont report any such details]:it's only a question of huge amount of money that the exploitation of the planet's underground offers,in certain parts of the world:for such wealth,any means is good for grabbing the place.It's no more a question of democracy:it's rather demonscrazy!

The issue in Afghanistan was the strategically valuable location for a pipeline to connect the immense oil and gas resources of the Caspian Basin to the richest markets. Whoever built the pipeline would control the Basin, and in the 1990s the contest to build it was spirited.

American interests in the region were promoted by an organization called the Foreign Oil Companies Group. Among its most active members were Henry Kissinger, a former secretary of state but now an advisor to the Unocal Corp.; Alexander Haig, another former secretary of state but now a lobbyist for Turkmenistan; and Richard Cheney, a former secretary of defense, but now the CEO of the Halliburton Corp.

Late in 1996, however, the Bridas Corp. of Argentina finally signed contracts with the Taliban and with Gen. Dostum of the Northern Alliance to build the pipeline.

There are also the juicy fields of opium of this region,which brings billions of dollars to the concerned parties.

So,by going to the right websites,one can be informed about the truth regarding the motives behind wars in general[the TV or newspapers wont report any such details]:it's only a question of huge amount of money that the exploitation of the planet's underground offers,in certain parts of the world:for such wealth,any means is good for grabbing the place.It's no more a question of democracy:it's rather demonscrazy!

Thanks Cidanan prabhu for joining, yes, as it is said that Cesar's wife should be above suspicion, similiarly Vaishnavas should keep their situation always above dubious worldly politics. Since Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave the example of solving problems by a nonviolent resistance movement why should present Western Vaishnavism, which is a totally disunited minority in itself, support violence?

Take present ISKCON's move to focus its major temple construction projects all over India - home of 300 million Muslims. If it becomes known that ISKCON supports the US policy to split Muslim nations in the Middle East into small easily to control states, it is surely a kind of backfire in the long run to take the risk of having assaults at India's Holy Places as it was seen at the insane attack on the Manipur temple.

Thanks Cidananda prabhu for joining, yes, as it is said that Cesar's wife should be above suspicion, similiarly Vaishnavas should keep their situation always above dubious worldly politics. Since Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave the example of solving problems by a nonviolent resistance movement why should present Western Vaishnavism, which is a totally disunited minority in itself, support violence?

Take present ISKCON's move to focus its major temple construction projects all over India - home of 300 million Muslims. If it becomes known that ISKCON supports the US policy to split Muslim nations in the Middle East into small easily to control states, it is surely a kind of backfire in the long run to take the risk of having assaults at India's Holy Places as it was seen at the insane attack on the Manipur temple.

Thanks for welcome!

By chance, I noticed that my post on harekrsna.com has been duplicated-with additional foto of warplane[cost:$1,000,000,000!] on Indiadivine forum,which is a great active forum.As Dandavats.com filters any posts that it thinks is anti-Iskcon, I have no choice but to go toother forums in order toget the views of other vaisnavas:this is real istagohosthi-free speech!

Partha-Sarathi das seems to have been brainwashed into believing that the war in Iraq is a holy war,and so he can be compared to the suicide bombers of Islam,or one of the Inquisitors of history,blessed by the Pope before departure to palestine!No sane person engages himself in such an army,and the very wealthy,responsible for this war,makes sure that their offsprings never go there,but are on permanent vacations on tropical islands or stay in fortress-like mansions.

The main reason why i am trying to convince him to get out of this hell is that devotees,I believe,should save the lost innocent first,and there are millions of them around the world,while these soldiers in Iraq have voluntarily chosen to go to this hellish place for material profit,after having been brainwashed by the TV and other medias.

Regarding muslims in India, I don't think Gandhi did the best thing to allow such faith in India,in the name of non-violence,as such faith means cow killing,hate of Vedic culture[no idol worship] ,desacration of most elevated pilgrimage places,including Mathura,by their presence at the birthplace of Lord Krsna,and an agenda to destroy all Vedic culture.

The profecy is that Christian and islamic asuras [as well as hindus who cooperate with them!]will anihilate themselves with more and more atrocious wars,as such is the law of karma for cow killers and Vedic culture assassins.After such purge, vaisnavism will reign as sole religion for 9,500 yrs of Golden Age,with beautiful temples,surrounded with self-sufficient farms with plenty of happy cows!

The 3rd world war is predicted to start between India and Pakistan.

It's great to spread the mercy of Mahaprabhu whenever the opportunity arises. At the same time, isn't it said that our japa ought to be chanted in a manner so as not to disturb others?

Regarding this war and it's motivations, the night before last, I watched a recent Alex Jones film, "Terrorstorm". Unlike some of Mr. Jones' other films, this one is more concise and to-the-point.

It starts with a list of "false-flag" operations in which the US has engaged in the past in order to drag the populace into wars or destabilize foreign governments.

On that list was the USS Liberty incident from the 7-Day Middle East war, in which Isreali forces attacked a US warship, ostensibly with the intention to blame Egypt for the attack and draw the US into the war. The plan failed when the Isrealis were observed to be attacking the Americans by third-parties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Furthermore, Jones quotes the CIA's own website bragging about how their "black operations" brought down the Mossadeq regime in Iran (eerily similar to what is happening today).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossadeq

he extent of the US role in Mossadegh's overthrow was not formally acknowledged for many years, although the Eisenhower administration was quite vocal in its opposition to the policies of the ousted Iranian Prime Minister. In his memoirs, Eisenhower writes angrily about Mossadegh, and describes him as impractical and naive, though stops short of admitting any overt involvement in the coup. Eventually the CIA's role became well-known, and caused controversy within the organization itself, and within the CIA congressional hearings of the 1970's. CIA supporters maintain that the plot against Mossadegh was strategically necessary, and praise the efficiency of agents in carrying out the plan. Critics say the scheme was paranoid and colonial, as well as immoral.

In March 2000, then-Secretary of State Madeleine Albright stated her regret that Mossadegh was ousted: "The Eisenhower administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons. But the coup was clearly a setback for Iran's political development and it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America." In the same year, the New York Times published a detailed report about the coup based on alleged CIA documents.[10]

Folks who would do these sorts of things are truly demons, don't you think? What makes anybody think that those persons in power today are somehow above using such tactics?

It is demon vs. demon. Without that simple acknowledgment all vaisnava opinons on such topics will be polluted...such as this one. The best one can come to is that it is one thorn taking out another.

cidananda recommends going to the "right" website to get the correct viewpoint. That is a fatal flaw. THERE IS NO SUCH WEBSITE! Everyone will go to the website that confirms and strengthens their own prexisting views, that's all. Pure waste of time.

This bhakta's prabdha karma has him in Iraq and he is spiritualizing the situation in an exemplary way. For you cidananda to try to save this bhakta from trying to save the soldiers in Iraq while he is there is very strange indeed since by doing so you are engaging in the very same thing only from 8,000 miles away. Why don't you follow your own advice and try to save the "more innocent" right in your own neighborhood?

When I was in Hrishikesa I met a man who was a native of Pakistan who was introdiuced to the maha mantra by the courageous efforts of one Amogha-lila das who went there to preach in an inconspictuous way.This man was living as a brahmacari in a Hanuman temple when I met him. HARE KRSNA in Pakistan?!? 100 pound solid brass cajoni's IMO.

You should learn to appreciate the valiant efforts of your Godbrothers more.

As to this thread and the talk of the war etc. it should be on the world review board IMO.

It is demon vs. demon. Without that simple acknowledgment all vaisnava opinons on such topics will be polluted...such as this one. The best one can come to is that it is one thorn taking out another.

cidananda recommends going to the "right" website to get the correct viewpoint. That is a fatal flaw. THERE IS NO SUCH WEBSITE! Everyone will go to the website that confirms and strengthens their own prexisting views, that's all. Pure waste of time.

This bhakta's prabdha karma has him in Iraq and he is spiritualizing the situation in an exemplary way. For you cidananda to try to save this bhakta from trying to save the soldiers in Iraq while he is there is very strange indeed since by doing so you are engaging in the very same thing only from 8,000 miles away. Why don't you follow your own advice and try to save the "more innocent" right in your own neighborhood?

I am always doing that!Any devotee should give the Maha Mantra to everyone he meets!As well as some prasadam:there's no need of big organization for this.

I suppose the soldiers in this hellish place will get some benefit from Partha Sarathi's preaching,as it's most difficult...After all,Jagai/Madhai were also murderers!

But I'd rather see him there without US Army uniform,with big machine gun,meant for killing,in his hands....and ignoring the Iraqi people:Krishna is for everyone!

My dream: Ratha Yatra in the streets of Baghdad,with distribution of sweets and Maha Mantra,as well as Bhagavad Gitas in Arabic!The devotees should be from different nations and different religions,and dressed as devotees...

I'm sure Lord Jagganath will protect them....and miracles will happen after this!

When I was in Hrishikesa I met a man who was a native of Pakistan who was introdiuced to the maha mantra by the courageous efforts of one Amogha-lila das who went there to preach in an inconspictuous way. HARE KRSNA in Pakistan?!? 100 pound solid brass cajoni's IMO.

You should learn to appreciate the valiant efforts of your Godbrothers more.

I hate to see my godbrother ,armed with machineguns!

As to this thread and the talk of the war etc. it should be on the world review board IMO.

Agreed!

I hate to see my godbrother ,armed with machineguns!

"Everyone must follow his own nature, what can repress accomplish." - Gita.

And Murali hates to see me obtain food by day trading stocks. I hate to see devotees supporting political liberals who are pro abortion, anti-prayer in school and for acknowledging homosexual relationships as just another lifestyle choice. I hate to see devotees supporting those who would deny healthcare to all and feel that promoting capitalism is a godly thing to do, and all in Jesus' name to make it even all that much more profane.

I have found that the only way out of this mess is through not taking sides but by rising above it and trying to gain a transcendent perspective on the larger picture. I have learned the hard way.

None of these jerks dressed as world leaders is worth supporting. I used to try and pick the dry stool out from the wet stool but found it was always a mess filled with germs either way.

Even now I can't think too much about this stuff because in reality I think they should all be decapitated post haste. From the slaughterhouse owners to the drug pushers of alcohol and tobacco to the war mongers to the demon atheists runing the "educational" system.

You want your 9,500 years of a golden age and I say it sounds good to me too, but without Kalki appearing ahead of schedule I just can't see it. Who knows though. I hope you are right.

I would also like to extend a welcome to you cidananda. Let us gorify the Lord together!!!

"Everyone must follow his own nature, what can repress accomplish." - Gita.

And Murali hates to see me obtain food by day trading stocks. I hate to see devotees supporting political liberals who are pro abortion, anti-prayer in school and for acknowledging homosexual relationships as just another lifestyle choice. I hate to see devotees supporting those who would deny healthcare to all and feel that promoting capitalism is a godly thing to do, and all in Jesus' name to make it even all that much more profane.

I have found that the only way out of this mess is through not taking sides but by rising above it and trying to gain a transcendent perspective on the larger picture. I have learned the hard way.

None of these jerks dressed as world leaders is worth supporting. I used to try and pick the dry stool out from the wet stool but found it was always a mess filled with germs either way.

Even now I can't think too much about this stuff because in reality I think they should all be decapitated post haste. From the slaughterhouse owners to the drug pushers of alcohol and tobacco to the war mongers to the demon atheists runing the "educational" system.

You want your 9,500 years of a golden age and I say it sounds good to me too, but without Kalki appearing ahead of schedule I just can't see it. Who knows though. I hope you are right.

I would also like to extend a welcome to you cidananda. Let us gorify the Lord together!!!

A Jagannath Ratha-yatra in Baghdad

By Dvarakarani Devi Dasi, October 07, 2007

These are U.S. troops. The soldier facing the camera, weapon in hand, is Partha-sarathi dasa. Besides engaging the enemy his mission is to hold a Ratha-yatra festival in Baghdad.

His dilemma—what to do for prasadam? His solution—Ratnabhusana dasa and the New Dwaraka cookie baking crew. So far Ratna has sent three batches of 1,800 cookies each to Partha to distribute to the troops. Along with the cookies Partha has received deities of their Lordships Jagannath, Baladeva and Subhadra, and other devotional items. Jai Srila Prabhupada!

The response from the troops has been so uplifting. The Mercy of the devotees is far reaching. Here are some excerpts from some letters that Ratna received from these troops in Iraq:

“Thank you so much for all this…. that is so far out that you all took the time out to help me. Things have been very intense here, almost took a round the other day but Narasimha is here next to me, everywhere I go.”

aaa.jpg

“Our center is growing at the moment, 10 devotees have been made. They are chanting rounds and following the 4 regs all by Krishna’s and your mercy.”

“I lost a soldier recently and the amazing thing was that he did so much service for Krishna without knowing. He bought dry fruit, incense etc. And the amazing thing was that he ate like 50 of the last batch of cookies. When we packed his stuff up I found a card I have given him in his helmet… it said Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare… and I was told before he died he yelled Krishna.”

If you would like to join the troops—the Cookie Prasadam Troops that is—please write to Ratnabhusana dasa. All donations no matter how small are welcome.

(Ratna’s e-mail address is: isanahratna@)

To be honest, I've come to realize that (in the U.S.) the Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans (and often, less forthright about their motivations).

I still prefer their rhetoric, though :)

Sting nicely summed this all up in his song (but left out "Harer Nama, Harer Nama, Harer Nama Eva Kevalam"):

<center>Spirits in the Material World

From the album Ghost in the Machine (A&M)

Words and music by Sting</center>

There is no political solution

To our troubled evolution

Have no faith in constitution

There is no bloody revolution

We are spirits in the material world

Our so-called leaders speak

With words they try to jail you

They subjugate the meek

But it's the rhetoric of failure

Where does the answer lie?

Living from day to day

If it's something we can't buy

There must be another way

Are spirits in the material world</pre>

None of these jerks dressed as world leaders is worth supporting.

This sums it up for me.

“I lost a soldier recently and the amazing thing was that he did so much service for Krishna without knowing. He bought dry fruit, incense etc. And the amazing thing was that he ate like 50 of the last batch of cookies. When we packed his stuff up I found a card I have given him in his helmet… it said Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare… and I was told before he died he yelled Krishna.”

I know I have never had such an effect on any soul in this world I am ashamed to say.

And yeah Sting has it right in that song.

Our so-called leaders speak

With words they try to jail you

They subjugate the meek

But it's the rhetoric of failure

"When one's intelligence has past from the dense forest of delusion we will become indifferent to all that has been heard or all that is to be heard."-Gita

Indifference to all these chattering frauds known as politicians. Their campaigning for office reminds me of the traveling snake oil salesmen of our recent past. So much barking of dogs.

<!-- end .post-top --><!-- the main section of the post goes here -->DSCN00e337.jpg

AN INTERVIEW WITH PARTHA SARATHI DASA on the 30th of September and 3rd of October

By Hari-sauri dasa

* He first shouted out the name ‘Krsna!’ when he was six years old. He didn’t know what it meant at the time nor did his Jewish parents but it stuck with him.

* He first met the devotees in 1998.

* He is a sergeant on his fourth tour of duty in Iraq. He is in charge of ‘40 devotees’ as he put it.

* He has an asrama in his barracks in Iraq where he worships 3 Ugra Narasimha-shilas, big Laksmi-Narsimha and also Krsna-Balarama govardhan-shilas.

* The asrama is a small room. He sleeps on the floor and cooks for himself on a single hot plate.

* Some of his men are chanting and reading Srila Prabhupada’s books regularly (see photo of Bhakta Kennedy).

* He goes on missions everyday, for 12-16 hours a day.

* In his spare time he is building a ratha from materials donated by US contractors, and doing sankirtan.

* When I asked where he finds the time he replied, “I average 3 hours sleep so that I can maintain my sadhana, worship my Sila’s and preach.”

* He takes a shila out with him whenever he goes on a mission, and keeps Him in his body armor.

* On a recent mission he had to give medical aid to 56 dying Iraqis. Many of them died as he was treating them, so he was chanting to them, giving Jagannath prasadam in their mouths and placing his Ugra Nrsimha-shila on their heads as they left their bodies.

* He said they were very grateful to have some spiritual input while they were dying.

* He sent me the attached photo of his Krsna Balaram shilas. I told him, “They look really blissful, like They are enjoying your service like anything.”

* His reply: “I hope so… funny I have had a dream for the last 2 weeks, of 2 Govardhan Sila’s, saying “Come and take care of US, we are Radha Syama!’”

* I told him: “Haribol! You are really getting some special mercy there. Sounds like there is some transcendental competition going on for your services.”

* His reply: “Ha. I think They have pity on me. I also had a dream that a sadhu gave Vaish Prabhu (Vaisheseka dasa) and Kesava Bharati Goswami 2 Govardhan Silas for me.”

* In the short conversation we had today Oct. 3, he told me he was taking the day off because the mission he was on last night was hit by three IEDs – roadside bombs. So he is taking some time to try and recover his hearing.

* He is keeping a positive perspective on it all: “I lost most of my hearing in one ear last time and now I wear an earplug in the good one… but it did some damage.. So I walk around and scream to people standing next to me. Its actually humorous. Krsna is really amazing to put me through all this, just to bring out my attachment to Him and his devotees. If I never found this movement I would be mad at God, now I understand that He will give me exactly what I can handle and no more. That a life without KC is a wasted chance and I want to share that with others.”

* When he finishes this last tour next September 2008, he wants to visit India. It will be his first trip there.

* I would like to request the readers of Dandavats.com to keep this great soul in their prayers and hearts and encourage him in his preaching. You can’t get more front-line than this! Please bless him so that he can visit the holy dhamas when his military business is finished.:pray:

DSCN0e3e3032.jpg

<!-- end .post-middle --><!-- the bottom of the post, the background graphic gets applied here --><!-- blinklist_icon.gif Blink Itdelicious_icon.gif Del.icio.usfurl_icon.gif Furlspurl_icon.gif Spurltechnorati_icon.gif Technoratiboingboing_icon.gif BoingBoingslashdot_icon.gif Slashdotdigg_icon.gif Digg

-->

<!-- end .post-bottom --><!-- <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.dandavats.com/?p=4472" dc:identifier="http://www.dandavats.com/?p=4472" dc:title="AN INTERVIEW WITH PARTHA SARATHI DASA" trackback:ping="http://www.dandavats.com/wp-trackback.php?p=4472" /></rdf:RDF> --> <!--

“Artwork and photos courtesy of the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust International, Inc.

www.krishna.com. Used with permission.”

-->

Wow!!! Talk about being on the front lines both materially and spiritually. As far as I can tell all those who criticize this prabhu have developed a hellish mentality and as our mentality forms the circumstances of our next life that cannot be a good thing.

This one bhakta I would like to meet someday and spend an afternoon with just hearing of some of his experiences. Way too intense for me personally so I would need the vicarious version.

Hoo Rah Ha Re

Wow!!! Talk about being on the front lines both materially and spiritually. As far as I can tell all those who criticize this prabhu have developed a hellish mentality and as our mentality forms the circumstances of our next life that cannot be a good thing.

This one bhakta I would like to meet someday and spend an afternoon with just hearing of some of his experiences. Way too intense for me personally so I would need the vicarious version.

Hoo Rah Ha Re

Thanks so much for always finding the right words! Prabhupada said something similiar to Bali Mardan!

4 October, 1969 Tittenhurst Park,

Ascot, Berkshire,

England

My Dear Bali Mardan,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your nice poetry.

These words are very appropriate for my Guru Maharaj. Your sentiments and nice words are worthy to be offered to my Guru Maharaj. I am quite unfit for such words. Whatever I am doing, it is due to the work of my Guru Maharaj. Actually, He is the power behind me, and I am only instrument.

But anyway, I very much appreciate your understanding of the Krishna Conscious Movement, and I wish to publish this poetry in Back To Godhead. I am also very glad to learn that now you have got a house also. It is all Krishna’s Grace that so quickly you have established a center in Japan, which I cherished for a long time.

Please convey my blessings to Sudama and keep me informed of your activities regularly. I am sending herewith a copy of a photograph recently taken by Gurudas, and I hope you will like it.

Your ever well-wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

Enclosures: 1