IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Ratha-Yatra in Baghdad

Rate this topic

President Bush dreamed of freeing Iraqis from a cruel tyrant and establishing democracy in Iraq.

These're excellent points by Japa Jim, Guruvani prabhu, Kshamabuddhi prabhu - President Bush a saint and good Samaritan who dreamed only of one thing - of bringing Ratha-yatra to Iraq and now it actually happens:

Ratha-Yatra in Baghdad

4osyxcl.jpg

by Dvarakarani Devi dasi

Posted September 15, 2007

http://www.chakra.org/announcements/Support_RequestSep15_07.html

Posted September 15, 2007

These are U.S. troops. The soldier facing the camera, weapon in hand, is Partha-sarathi dasa. Besides engaging the enemy his mission is to hold a Ratha-yatra festival in Baghdad.

His dilemma—what to do for prasadam? His solution—Ratnabhusana dasa and the New Dwaraka cookie baking crew. So far Ratna has sent three batches of 1,800 cookies each to Partha to distribute to the troops. Along with the cookies Partha has received Deities of Their Lordships Jagannatha, Baladeva and Subhadra, and other devotional items. Jai Srila Prabhupada!

The response from the troops has been so uplifting. The Mercy of the devotees is far reaching. Here are some excerpts from some letters that Ratna received from these troops in Iraq:

“Thank you soooo much for all this.... that is so far out that you all took the time out to help me. Things have been very intense here, almost took a round the other day but Narasimha is here next to me, everywhere I go.”

“Our center is growing at the moment, 10 bhaktas have been made. They are chanting rounds and following the 4 regs all by Krsna's and your mercy.”

“I lost a soldier recently and the amazing thing was that he did so much service for Krsna without knowing. He bought dry fruit, incense etc. And the amazing thing was that he ate like 50 of the last batch of cookies. When we packed his stuff up I found a card I have given him in his helmet... it said Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare... and I was told before he died he yelled Krsna.”

If you would like to join the troops—the Cookie Prasadam Troops that is—please write to Ratnabhusana dasa. All donations no matter how small are welcome. Ratna’s e-mail address is: isanahratna@

Ratha yatra ki jai! Srila Prabhupada ki jai!

Ratha-yatra in Bagdhad? Not a good idea at a time like this. It would be an immediate target for a suicide or roadside IED bombing. There is a time and place for showing the Deities and then there is a time to be more tactful.

Now the rest of what he is doing there is intensely wonderful service. Cookie prasacam Hare Krsna mantra Bhagavad gita distibution in the midest of that madness !?! It takes some kind of special empowerment to act as a Vaisnava brahmana and a Vaisnava kysatriya at the same time in the midst of war. It's astounding to me actually.

May Krsna continue to protect this most blessed soul.

Hi,

I am not american but there are so many people all over the world in all classes of society who classify this offensive war as unjustified, it seems to be the majority.

And lots of people like myself are indignant about religious persons who participate in it and look up to president bush as a saint and good samaritan.

However, the service besides "engaging the enemy" is giving some hope to this mislead soldiers.

I think Ratha Yatra is better hold very small behind a wall.

hans