IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Nature is the Police Agent of God

Rate this topic

In order to cut energy costs, the government turned out the light at the end of tunnel. Déjà-vu descended on the political scene, making it so dark that a cat needs a torch to get around. Now they tell us shortage of food is ahead, the food prices have to be risen sharply. The simple vedic peace formular is to engage people in producing food - global joblessness of millions of people finished. Are politicians able to grasp this simple peace formular? Although the big religions have stopped preaching, people gradually find out that our politicians are a gang of thieves.

Prabhupada: Suppose you have stolen something from somebody else and if you want to enjoy, you’ll be always in trouble because the police search will be there, and as soon as you are caught, you’ll be in trouble. Similarly, the nature is the police agent of God. As soon as you want to gratify your sense by utilizing the property of God, then you’ll be in trouble.

The nature will inflict miseries upon you. This is the law of nature. It is clearly stated in the Bhagavad-gita,

daivi hy esa gunamayi

mama maya duratyaya

mam eva ye prapadyante

mayam etam taranti te

[bg. 7.14]

This gunamayi, maya, this material nature of three modes of nature, gunamayi… Guna means modes of nature. This modes of nature means it is a combination of three modes: modes of passion, modes of goodness, modes of ignorance. So therefore it is called gunamayi maya. So daivi hy esa gunamayi mama maya duratyaya. You cannot surpass the stringent laws of material nature. That is not in your power. Just like however stout and strong you are, when you are under police custody, oh, no strength will help you. You’ll be offered all kinds of tribulations. Similarly, the nature is very strong. So long we shall go on utilizing God’s property illegally and encroach upon others’, I mean to say, possession, then there cannot be any peace.

If you want peace at all, then you have to accept that “Everything belongs to God and I can use after offering Him: ‘Accepting that this belongs to You, God, kindly… You have sent me all these things for my subsistence. Oh, it is Your thing. Kindly You first of all taste it. Then I shall take Your prasādam.’ ” This is Krishna consciousness.

Lord is supplying you everything. He will not eat whatever is given to you. It is for you. Simply just acknowledge. Just acknowledge. Oh, can you not acknowledge even, “Oh, God, You have given us so nice things for eating. Please, You taste”?

ACBSP - New York, Decemeber 19, 1966

http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/661212BG.NY.htm?i=1966