IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Samskara?

Rate this topic

I find that when it comes to religion or politics we can never sway anyone to believe what we do. I believe you body is your temple, therefore, we have to start from the inside out. I know a young lady that said there is no GOD, yet all of her actions are of GOD. She is kind, compassionate,jump at the first opportunity to help another in their time of need. On the other hand, I have witnessed devotees just leaving temple and are discriminating, gossipping and not lifting a finger to help another in need.

I firmly believe that religion, was set up to milk those people that need a sense of belonging. Some people need something to hold on to to feel self worth. Example, if there were no laws for man to follow, everyone that thought the same way would form their own league, to have that sense of belonging. A reverend said to me that which God/father/mother would see their children suffering and not do anything to help their children? Why did GOD have only one son? As many times as the Bible or the other holy scriptures were revised that's the number of times that the information were altered. My brother said to me that GOD lives within each of us. That inner voice that speaks to us is our GODLY self. When we have thoughts to do good, we question it and not obey what we were told to do. Many times when we don't listen, we go wrong.......Bottom line is we were made in the IMAGE OF GOD, therefore, we are GOD.

Is there any practices that help clean Samskaras?

Oh yes. And you are already doing them. Past material impressions can be cleasned by genuine spiritual impressions which overwright them. The simple example of a dark room being illuminated by turning on the light is a good example. In our case we are using a dimmer switch to gradually add more and more light to the room by hearing and chanting about Krsna.

Another example I heard is that is one has a glass full of black ink and continually pours milk into thatr glass eventually the glas will contain only milk.

So the more Krsna conscious impressions we can absorb the more our material samskaras will be eliminated and replaced with God conscious ones.

Hare Krsna

I find that when it comes to religion or politics we can never sway anyone to believe what we do. I believe you body is your temple, therefore, we have to start from the inside out. I know a young lady that said there is no GOD, yet all of her actions are of GOD. She is kind, compassionate,jump at the first opportunity to help another in their time of need. On the other hand, I have witnessed devotees just leaving temple and are discriminating, gossipping and not lifting a finger to help another in need.

I firmly believe that religion, was set up to milk those people that need a sense of belonging. Some people need something to hold on to to feel self worth. Example, if there were no laws for man to follow, everyone that thought the same way would form their own league, to have that sense of belonging. A reverend said to me that which God/father/mother would see their children suffering and not do anything to help their children? Why did GOD have only one son? As many times as the Bible or the other holy scriptures were revised that's the number of times that the information were altered. My brother said to me that GOD lives within each of us. That inner voice that speaks to us is our GODLY self. When we have thoughts to do good, we question it and not obey what we were told to do. Many times when we don't listen, we go wrong.......Bottom line is we were made in the IMAGE OF GOD, therefore, we are GOD.

Ummm.. how does this relate to my question?

This is the best definition of vasanas that I have come across. It is from the Himalayan Academy.

vasana: (Sanskrit) "Subconscious inclination." From vas, "living, remaining." The subliminal inclinations and habit patterns which, as driving forces, color and motivate one's attitudes and future actions. Vasanas are the conglomerate results of subconscious impressions (samskaras) created through experience. Samskaras, experiential impressions, combine in the subconscious to form vasanas, which thereafter contribute to mental fluctuations, called vritti. The most complex and emotionally charged vasanas are found in the dimension of mind called the subsubconscious, or vasana chitta.[/quote]

PrabhupAda: But I think that the subconscious status as it is covered by the present consciousness, similarly, it can be covered by KRSNa consciousness, so that those subconscious states will be no longer able to react.

SyAmasundara: He sees a positive or creative function of this unconscious...

PrabhupAda: Just like the other day I was citing the zloka of YamunAcArya about sex life. The subconscious status is there, sex life, but because he has got KRSNa consciousness, he is spiting on it. That means the subconscious state cannot overcome. So our policy is that you become fully KRSNa conscious, and then all the subconscious status which is gathered for life after life, and they are stored, they are in stock, they will not be able to overcome.