IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktachris

New Book by Jadurani Devi Dasi

Rate this topic

Jadurani :namaste: Shyamarani <_< book here

Respected brothers and sisters,

Dandavat Pranams, Jai Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga!

I’m in a midst of writing a book of my experiences with Srila Prabhupada. It will take some time for the actual book to be published. Some editing, proof reading and other work is still required. In the meantime, I am respectfully submitting to you the almost final version. It has all the information the final book will have, but it has some typos here and there. Please excuse me for whatever mistakes are there. In this way you can start reading it now if you like.

My so many thanks to the devotees who have helped ready this publication, especially to Madhurika devi dasi, Srimati Premavati devi dasi, Srimati Radha-Kanta devi dasi and her husband Sriman Mayapur das adhikari and Sriman Satyaraja das adhikari.

Your aspiring servant,

Jadurani dasi

PREFACE

Guru Maharaja, Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is an eternal associate of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna, an uttama-maha bhagavat devotee. In order to preach Krsna consciousness in this world, he played the role of a madhyama-adhikari devotee, who makes four distinctions in his dealings with others. He shows prema, love, for Bhagavan, he shows friendship in three ways to those devotees who are higher than him, those equal to him, and those less advanced than him; he shows mercy to those just approaching Krsna consciousness, and he neglects those who are against Krsna or His devotees. I was an example of a tiny jiva to whom he showed mercy, and the following is a summary of my experiences with him.

Leading To The First Meeting

It was a Friday, the last day of the work-week in early September, 1966. My lunch break was nearing its end as I hurried past New York’s grand library on 5th Avenue and 42nd Street. Working a summer job as a secretary-clerk at a downtown New York office to help pay my college expenses this next semester, I was now part of the large crowd swarming across the metropolis...........................................................

more here

post-13-1185016659.jpgpost-13-1185016718.jpg

I don't really go for these "my lila with Prabhupada" books or stories.

It's a lot more usefull to read what Srila Prabhupada wrote then to read what other people write about Srila Prabhupada.

I spend at least 8 hours reading Srimad Bhagavatam yesterday because I was just totally captivated. I read and read and read until my eyes starting to slam shut. It was pure nectar.

I don't like seeing Srila Prabhupada through the eyes of others.

When Satsvarup's "lilamrita" came out I read most of the whole thing and at that time I thought it was great.

Now, I don't like it. I has too many defects in presenting Srila Prabhupada.

There are certainly many devotees who do like these kinds of books, but I am not one of them.

I prefer to spend what time I have studying what the great acharyas say instead of what people say about them.

But, I guess it is good that they write down their experiences, though I am not so sure.

I don't know if followers of any of the previous acharyas have written on these things.

It's probably just a post-Prabhupada ISKCON gimmick.