IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

dirty Harry Krishna

Rate this topic

Never heard of this - what's it all about, a devotee on the edge?

http://www.sivaramaswami.com/?p=1229

Clint Eastwood moved from spaghetti westerns to spiritual treatises with this 1971 movie about a maverick San Francisco Krishna.

DIRTY HARRY KRISHNA

“He’s a devotee on the edge… and he’s praying by his own rules.

dirtyharrykrishna.gif

Shaven headed and sporting a huge .44 Magnum Tambourine, Eastwood created an enduring genre icon in ‘Dirty’ Harry Krishna – a devotee who has little regard for the rules but always gets results. In a defining early scene, he confronts an unbeliever whilst hanging around at an airport:

“Now I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking: ‘did he sing six verses or only five?’ Well, to tell you the truth, in all that worshipping I kinda lost track myself. But given that we are all spirits temporarily trapped in a material body, the question you gotta ask yourself is: do ya feel at one with the universe? Well, do ya… PUNK?”

Constantly butting heads with the chief of his temple, Harry gets a dressing down over his controversial techniques: “How did you know he was a Pagan?” “Look, when I see a naked man chasing a woman through a field with a sprig of sage and a robe on, I convert him.”

Harry finds ultimate enlightenment at the end of the movie and moves on to a higher plane of existence, but the character was reincarnated several times for a series of sequels.

Ed: in the same search, the following suspect character was also discovered icon_smile.gif

105020.jpg

Entry Filed under: Share It

Reverend Harry sees another false ego about to emerge out of an airport traveller ..."Go ahead, PUNK! Make my day". Trembling the false ego couldn't manifest. Another soul saved, if only for a minute.

<center>Trinitychurch.jpg</center>