IndiaDivine.org

dirty Harry Krishna

Rate this topic

suchandra

Never heard of this - what's it all about, a devotee on the edge?

http://www.sivaramaswami.com/?p=1229

Clint Eastwood moved from spaghetti westerns to spiritual treatises with this 1971 movie about a maverick San Francisco Krishna.

DIRTY HARRY KRISHNA

“He’s a devotee on the edge… and he’s praying by his own rules.

dirtyharrykrishna.gif

Shaven headed and sporting a huge .44 Magnum Tambourine, Eastwood created an enduring genre icon in ‘Dirty’ Harry Krishna – a devotee who has little regard for the rules but always gets results. In a defining early scene, he confronts an unbeliever whilst hanging around at an airport:

“Now I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking: ‘did he sing six verses or only five?’ Well, to tell you the truth, in all that worshipping I kinda lost track myself. But given that we are all spirits temporarily trapped in a material body, the question you gotta ask yourself is: do ya feel at one with the universe? Well, do ya… PUNK?”

Constantly butting heads with the chief of his temple, Harry gets a dressing down over his controversial techniques: “How did you know he was a Pagan?” “Look, when I see a naked man chasing a woman through a field with a sprig of sage and a robe on, I convert him.”

Harry finds ultimate enlightenment at the end of the movie and moves on to a higher plane of existence, but the character was reincarnated several times for a series of sequels.

Ed: in the same search, the following suspect character was also discovered icon_smile.gif

105020.jpg

Entry Filed under: Share It