IndiaDivine.org

Spirituality within everyday interaction

Rate this topic

Furny

Hi guys, I have been looking into spirituality as a part of my studies, and I have a few questions that I hope you can offer some feed back on....

I am interested in looking at how people use meditation and prayer as a form of everyday interaction. By this I mean, would I be wrong to think that people get involved in such acts as a form of dealing with many things, in particular those of society? I understand that there is also a great personal significance for meditations and prayers, and I would find it very helpful for any examples or opinions you would like to share with me regards this.

Another topic of interest for me is alternative states of consciousness within religious experiences. Would anyone openly say that they have experienced an altered state of consciousness in the form of a religious or spiritual context? What implications would you believe such experiences held and how did they affect you in a personal, cultural, or social way?

Any feedback for the above areas would be much appreciated. Thank you very much :o

I can definitely testify without any reservation that the spiritual practice of mantra japa in regards the the Maha-mantra relieves stress and brings a feeling of happiness and blissfullness.

I took quite a bit of practice to get to the point of actually realizing how powerful is mantra japa in relieving stress, but even with a serious lacking in my spiritual disciplines the mantra japa never fails to relieve a lot of stress and create a feeling of joyfulness and happiness.

Mantra japa makes life a lot easier to get through.

That is one reason I have never lost my faith, because the effects of mantra japa are so much more powerful than any meditation of yoga practice I have ever done.

Chanting of spiritual mantras is very powerful.

The pleasing effects of mantra japa is like a shower of cool fragrant water on the soul.