IndiaDivine.org
celina12

The Swaminarayan Faith

Rate this topic

Exactly. Its all bogus. They (BAPS) do not want to read scriptures. The word of their so called guru is much more important then the word of God Himself.

What was the reason for breaking? Do you accept Krishna as the Supreme Person?

All swaminaraya follower are accepting Krishna as Supreme person, and swaminarayna is also one new avatar of krishana.

BAPS is alos split in many parts...Yogiji maharaj's all SHISHYA spilt from BAPS

Like shokhada hariprasad swami, Kakaji, Papaji.....

So there is also dispute in between yogiji maharaj's Shishya's saint.......

You have put a great post. Very useful and very good efforts.

Better to do such work then to keep on commenting about each other and try to prove that what we say is only the right thing.

SWaminarayan bahgwan have done the great social work. and i think baps is doing the same at a great level. Of course all others also doing the same but baps appears to be more systematic and leadership of pramukh swami is great. he is a very genuine, simple, transperant, reliable and what not type of man.

what is shastra and scripturs? so far as hindus are concerned all ends with vedas. god will be with you only if you have love for him in your within.

i want to get more clarification about the akshar purshottam sidhant. some one may please presnet it in a nice way so that even layman can understand it.

jai swaminarayan.

Ji Swaminarayan.

Swaminarayan Bhagwan did a lot of social work. He also laid down the rules for His devotees to live. But BAPS do not follow this. Why? They like to apply changes against the original doctrine. For example a change on the Arti written by Sadguru Nand Sant Shri Muktanand Swami even and not follow the Sikshapatri. These are the words of Shriji Maharaj and He states that it is His Swaroop. So how can you state you are followers of Shriji Maharaj even?

Pramukh Swami may be great as a up lifter of society but what about the upliftment of Swaminarayan Bhagwans words AS THEY ARE?

Prem Lakshana bhakti or even unflinching basic love for God can only be intercepted within someone depending on following the words of God. The love you talk of is like the love of a unchaste women for her husband. Its totally shakeable. As you simply do not above in your husband (GOD). So what can you state about love?

Secondly the Vedas are the start and end. The Vedas alone cannot be understood by the cleverest of men. So how can you even state what you do? The Purans were created for this reason. The Vachnamrut is the essence of all scriptures. Secondly if you actually read the Sikshapatri Shriji Maharaj clearly states that to understand more about the Sampraday Dharm one should refer to the other scriptures of the Sampraday. Shriji Maharaj in the Vachnamrut also states hat the advancement (pushti) if the Sampraday can only be done through its scriptures.

Therefore you state what you do because you simply do not want to learn reality as it is, you do not want to follow what Shriji Maharaj actually stated as it devoid the whole BAPS philosophy.

The Akshar Purshottam Siddhant is not referred to in any scripture at all. Even the Haricharitramrut written by Sadguru Siddhanand swami clearly states what Shriji Maharaj wanted in all chapters.

What a great thing yogi ji maharah has taught us i.e. bhagwan bhagi leva.

i am not in a mood to discuss with you. if i want to meet lord swaminarayan i know the ways. please don't try to interept.

i think you have miles to go in realising the god. i presume that if you read all the shatstras, vedas, upnishads and all other scriptures of the lord swaminaryan but what is the out come. still you have prejudices, anger and what not within you.

i have written good about the pramukh swami because i have seen him by just seeing him i felt love for him that is the quality of the god. i have not got chance to meet the acharyas, shanarcharyas etc etc. if i will get the chance i am always with open mind to accept their good qualities of life. whan i say pramukh swami is great that dose not mean that i am saying in oppose to you. whay you take such meanings i don't understand. even pramukh swami have never spak anything wrong about the old sampradaya. pramukh swami have never taught us to do like that.

i surprised to learn that you mention that there is no sidhant like akshar purshottam. better you learn the scriptures again and again with open mind. it is the sidhant given by lord swaminarayan only and not anybody else. see again not misunderstand me i am not telling to follow it. i am talling that just try to understand it.

please post any reference where Lord Swaminarayn states about Gunatit Parampara?

Swaminarayan Bhagwan would have done murti pratishtha of Swami Ramananda in all mandir he built?

Why did not Swaminarayan Bhagwan have murti pratishtha of Sadguru Gunatitanand Swami in All mandir?

What a great thing yogi ji maharah has taught us i.e. bhagwan bhagi leva.

i am not in a mood to discuss with you. if i want to meet lord swaminarayan i know the ways. please don't try to interept.

i think you have miles to go in realising the god. i presume that if you read all the shatstras, vedas, upnishads and all other scriptures of the lord swaminaryan but what is the out come. still you have prejudices, anger and what not within you.

i have written good about the pramukh swami because i have seen him by just seeing him i felt love for him that is the quality of the god. i have not got chance to meet the acharyas, shanarcharyas etc etc. if i will get the chance i am always with open mind to accept their good qualities of life. whan i say pramukh swami is great that dose not mean that i am saying in oppose to you. whay you take such meanings i don't understand. even pramukh swami have never spak anything wrong about the old sampradaya. pramukh swami have never taught us to do like that.

i surprised to learn that you mention that there is no sidhant like akshar purshottam. better you learn the scriptures again and again with open mind. it is the sidhant given by lord swaminarayan only and not anybody else. see again not misunderstand me i am not telling to follow it. i am talling that just try to understand it.

Yogiji Maharaj taught you this? That, Bhagwan bhaji leva? What about all the Nand Santo who already taught this before him? You just want to worship your gurus who are excommunicated from the Sampraday.

Anyone not under the Dharmvanshi Acharyas and the Vadtal or Amdavad Gadis will not get moksh. This is clear in the scriptures. Read the Purshottam Prakash and many other such scriptures. I do not have anger. I just like to state what my Ishtadev Bhagwan Swaminarayan has taught. You go by doing your everyday stuff by stepping on His word. Why? Why do you not want to do as the scriptures of this Sampraday state? Why do you change Artis, Shlokas and scriptures? Why Why Why?? You yourself do not even have the answer. Why do you believe Gunatitanand swami as Akshar and worship him like God? He would not accept such worship even while he was already on the earth so what makes you think he will accept it now? We know that Mul Akshar is Sadguru Gopalanand Swami. We have proof, yet we do not worship him like God. As it is against the teachings of nand Saints, Scriptures and the Vedas themselves. Even Acharyas in the past like Shri Ramanuj Acharya in his bhashya has stated for such worship to be forbidden.

I accept all good qualities of Pramukh swami. I’m happy for you all that he has such qualities. But these qualities I have seen in people too. I have seen humility, knowledge, and much more qualities in everyday humans too. But these do not mean you are doing what Shriji Maharaj has stated. I have seen good qualities in Muslims also. But our job is to take these qualities yes. But this does not mean that they are following the word of Shriji Maharaj. For this you have to read the scriptures carefully.

Swaminarayan Bhagwans siddhant are clear in scriptures. Nowhere has he mentioned such talks of such a Upasna. You have not read the scriptures carefully. There is no “hidden messages” or anything like this. All is clear. If Shriji Maharaj had wanted He would have installed the murtis of Akshar Purshottam Himself. But He didn’t. Then why didn’t He? As there was no such Upasna. He even installed His own Murti in Vadtal. Yet He didn’t install any other murti of a nand sant. Also Akshar is Sadguru Gopalanand swami. I have this proof. Yet you do not want to realise this. You turn a blind eye to it. Why? Even in Gunatitanand Swami refers to Akshar as someone else. Gunatitanand swami also tells all to worship Acharyas and he even blesses the next to Acharyas that had not even come. This can be seen in his Vatos alone!!!

All this Upasna of Akshar is wrong. Those who pray like this will have to be born again. They will definitely noit attain moksh. The scriptures state so. I’ve also read many scriptures as they are. Not one place is such a Upasna shown. No Gunatit Parampara. In fact, every single scripture even the talks of Nand santos vatos talk about staying within the Dharmvanshi refuge, become one with Braham, attach yourself to a saint them worship Parbrahm by becoming a Ekantik.

Exactly.Nicely put.

This means that if one is a sadguru and knows gyaan and yet does not behave according to this gyaan; their so called activities of attaining moksh is devoid and thus becomes reborn again and again on the Earth.

... Lord Swaminarayan

maharaj to enak lok nae kalyan ane moksh deva mate avya hata.

the people who don't know how to read then maharaj told them to keep the book of shikshapatri and maharaj will do the kalyan.

you have asked that it is not only the yogiji maharaj who taught first that bhagwan bhaji leva. yes he is not. but if someone think on that same line answer goes to the extent that before shriji maharaj there are many avtar that have taught and told the same thing what maharaj has said. but we belive the words of maharaj because we know him as our isht dev. in a same way one has right to belive the words of yogiji maharaj if he knows the yogiji maharaj as his guru.

don't try to show the text of the scriptures on a peace meal basis. what statement you have quoted in that the world 'knowledge' or 'gnan' is very important.

lord shri krishna has told that those who read all the scripture and try to find out me and those who have never referred the scripture but do my bhakti with pure heart they both will ultimately meet me.

so far scriptures are concerned please do one exercise, write each slok of the shiksha patri then put the tick mark against the same to confirm that you have complied each and every one of them and in any circumstances you won't break the same. don't mention the answer to any one or quote the same anywhere. just see that where are you.

i thnik maharaj has given us the shikshapatri with intent that we first follow it. maharaj have never told the satsangis to check with each other that who has followed what of shikshapatri. the power of giving moksha has been kept by maharaj with himself. so he will decide about each case. i think maharaj has not written letter to any of us to give him adivse that who will get the moksha and who will not get the same.

maharaj has never given power to anyone to perform adharma by taking the shield of the quotes of the scriptures. think atleast once that why baps was seperated? what happened to shastri maharaj before 100 years ago. within vadtal there was a attempt of murder on him. you don't agree to it because i know that you don't want to accept the facts. i also don't insist on anybody to accept it. maharaj is always with truth that is enough. I hope you remember that maharaj has only mentioned that if desh kal is bed and there is danger of your life then leave that place immediately even if the same village is of your garas.

this all heppned before 100 years. why we again and again talking about the same. why not we come forward and say that what good work you are doing i am with you. i am not here to oppose anybody. i thnik we shold stop the thinking much about the moksh and fight on the said issue and start walking on the road of the social work and be generous to all creatures of the god.

tomorrow there will be a purnima. do the darshan of the maharaj and pray for the kalyan and moksh of all jiv. yes anyone who does that i am sure that maharaj is with him/her.

Yes Shriji maharaj came to do Kalyaan of tyhousands. He said to follow the commands of Sikshapatri and then He will gove Moksh. But do you BAPS people follow the Sikshapatri even? No you do not. Here is example….

“My Bhramin, Kshatriya and Vaishya followers who have received Shri Krshna Diksha (initiation) from the Dharmavanshi (descendants of Dharmadev) Acharyas, shall wear a double tulsi kanthi (rosary) around their neck and shall wear a U-shaped tilak on their forehead, chest, and both harms.” (Shikshapatri Shlok 41)

Therefore, a Swaminarayan follower is only a genuine Swaminarayan follower once he has received diksha from the respective Acharya. A Swaminarayan sadhu is only a genuine Swaminarayan sadhu once he has been given diksha by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri (62), Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states

“And the form of Shri Krshna that has been given by your Acharya for the purpose of your worship and the forms that the Acharya has installed (i.e. in the mandirs) are the only forms of God worthy of worship. The rest are worthy of respect but not worthy of worship”

Therefore, the only murtis (deities) worthy of worship are those installed by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri, Swaminarayan Bhagwan has placed a lot of importance on the Acharyas.

Shlok 71:

“All my followers shall never enter into debate with their Acharyas and shall serve the Acharyas with food, clothing, money etc according to their capacity.”

Shlok 72:

“Upon hearing of their coming, my followers should immediately go to greet and welcome the arrival of their Acharyas, and when the Acharya returns from the town my followers shall see them off to the outskirts of the town.”

“I am forever residing in the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. After seeing such followers I have decided to remain here (in the satsang), therefore those who worship the Acharyas have worshipped Me.”

(Purushottam Prakash Chapter 40)

“….it is my command to all sadhus, bhramcharis and all satsangi's, that for the purpose of your kalyaan (emancipation) you must obey and follow the two Acharyas of Dharmavansh, and obey their commands by thought, action and speech. If this is compromised and whoever turns elsewhere (rejecting the Acharyas) will find that they will never find sukh (happiness) in this world or the worlds beyond and will experience immense distress…” (Desh Vibhag no Lekh)

It has now become necessary to question ‘Swaminarayan Temples’ whether they are in fact Swaminarayan Temples since the deities appear not to have been installed by the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, which is an outright breach of Swaminarayan Bhagwan’s likings (refer Shikshapatri Shlok 10 and then Shlok 62).

“…The devotee who is aashrit of Dharmakul (i.e. he who has received initiation from Dharmavanshi Acharya and remains loyal to the Acharya) gets a divine Brahm-state body by God’s wish…” (Vachanamrut, Gadhada Pratham Chapter 1)

So it is imperative to be a humble loyal follower of the Dharmavanshi Acharya once receiving the diksha (guru mantra) in order to be qualified to achieve a Brahm form.

Even Gunatitanand Swami, one of the main sadhus of Swaminarayan Bhagwan states “He who insults the temples, Acharyas, sadhus and satsangi’s will find his roots being destroyed and will inevitably fall from the satsang.” (Swami ni Vato Prakran 5, Vat 104)

Listen BAPS have even changed the Arti so you think they will leave alone scriptures? Why is it that you do not follow the Scriptures as they are? You think they are useless? You cannot attain Prem Lakshana bhakti without following the word of Shriji Maharaj as it is. This is like a vyabhicharani bhakti.

Shri Krishna Bhagwan has not stated what you have stated. Give me a quote from the Gita to back up your answer. Gyan is the most important.. then why do you not follow it? You cannot have just Bhakti alone. Bhakti without Dharm is devoid. If a person loves a particular God then that person would do anything for this God. Especially follow His word.

Whatever I may be doing is irrelevant. At least I have the right refuge Upasna. I am on the path of cleaning my inner enemies. You don’t worry. At least the way I worship Shriji Maharaj is right according to Him.

Shriji Maharaj said all should follow Sikshapatri. Those that do not shall be considered excommunicated. Some of us in our personal lives may not be following but at least they are not going against the great siddhants of Shriji Maharaj. For example bow down to other murtis but only worship the murti consecrated by the dharmkul.

Why was it only bad for Yagnapurush swami and not the others? Simple. Because he was teaching a philosophy that was against the Siddhant of Shriji Maharaj. He wanted to do his own thing. On no circumstance has Shriji Maharaj stated that a Sadhu should leave the pratyaksh Mandirs and refuge of the Dharmvansh and do his own thing. You have not even read the authentic scriptures and just follow blindly. Where is such an Upasna written? You think Shriji Maharaj had unfinished work? He even stated Himself that all His work is accomplished. So why all this 100 years ago? You do not even want to follow scriptures but just your own blind philosophy which isn’t against the Swaminarayan Sampraday only but even the Vedas.

I will never be with you. Because your path according to Shriji Maharaj does not lead to Moksh. I would rather follow what Swaminarayan Bhagwan stated. Why do you not state I am with you to Vadtal Mandir? See you like to state about us joining you but never the other way round. Truth is we want to follow as God wanted not as how a breakaway cult wants. Who states that Ekantik bhakts under the refuge of Shriji Maharaj are not generous? All are generous. But you cannot go around breaking the word of God in the name of being generous.

I pray for your moksh and all BAPS followers Moksh as well ad all humanity. But in the eyes of God you will not attain him. This can be seen in His word. There are millions of good generous people who do not abide in the word of Maharaj. They will get pleasure of Swarg. But Akshardham is for the Ekantik only.

BAPS Centenary Celebrations: BAPS Woemn's Day - "Empowering Women", Amdavad, India

12 December 2007

Swamishri Arrives to Amdavad

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=875 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=168>

IMG_0978h.jpg

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=67>

</TD><TD width=168>

IMG_0972h.jpg

</TD><TD width=168>

IMG_0975h.jpg

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=68></TD><TD width=168>

IMG_1011h.jpg

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD></TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD></TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD></TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=875 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=168>

</TD><TD width=168>

</TD><TD width=168>

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=68>

</TD><TD width=168>

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD></TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD></TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD></TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Guinness Bestows Two World Records on Pramukh Swami Maharaj, Amdavad, India

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=900 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=200>

p03h.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=200>

p01h.jpg</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=200>

p02h.jpg</TD><TD align=middle width=200>

p04h.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

On 17 December 2007, Michael Whitty, official world record adjudicator and member of the management committee of Guinness World Records travelled especially to India to present two new world records to His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj, spiritual leader of BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, an international socio-spiritual organisation affiliated with the United Nations.

The Guinness World Records Book is the biggest selling copyright book in history, with more than 100 million books sold around the world in more than 25 languages. This is the first time, though, that a senior member of the Guinness World Records management committee has personally travelled to India to present a World Record certificate. The presentation came on the occasion of His Holiness’ 87th birthday being celebrated as the culmination of the four-day BAPS Centenary Celebrations in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

Very nice. I think its time someone handed him Authentic Swaminarayn Scriptures too so that they may be followed as Bhagwan swaminarayans wish.

Well done to Pramiuksh swami for attaining the certificate however.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900"><tbody><tr><td align="center" width="200">

</td><td align="center" valign="bottom" width="200">

</td><td align="center" valign="bottom" width="200">

</td><td align="center" width="200">

</td></tr></tbody></table>On 17 December 2007, Michael Whitty, official world record adjudicator and member of the management committee of Guinness World Records travelled especially to India to present two new world records to His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj, spiritual leader of BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, an international socio-spiritual organisation affiliated with the United Nations.

The Guinness World Records Book is the biggest selling copyright book in history, with more than 100 million books sold around the world in more than 25 languages. This is the first time, though, that a senior member of the Guinness World Records management committee has personally travelled to India to present a World Record certificate. The presentation came on the occasion of His Holiness’ 87th birthday being celebrated as the culmination of the four-day BAPS Centenary Celebrations in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

Chennai: Have officials of the Guinness Book of Records committed a blunder by declaring Delhi’s Akshardham Temple as the largest Hindu temple complex in the world?

It appears so. Officials of the famous Meenakshi Temple in Madurai maintain that Delhi's Akshardham is smaller than at least three different temple complexes in Tamil Nadu alone.

“Even if one considers the measurements of the Akshardham Temple given by the Guinness officials, Madurai’s Meenakshi Temple and the Arunachaleswarar Temple in Thiruvannamalai are definitely larger temple complexes,” said B Raja, joint commissioner of the Meenakshi Temple.

He pointed out that the outermost wall of the Meenakshi Temple is 850 ft long and 800 ft wide. The total area of the complex is 17 acres or 7.40 lakh sq ft. This is much larger than Akshardham which, press reports have indicated, is only 356 ft long and 316 ft wide, its grounds covering merely 86,342 sq ft.

When informed that the entire Akshardham complex was spread over 30 acres, Raja said, "A temple is a place for prayer. It is incorrect to include facilities for non-religious activities such as restaurants or boating arrangements as the Akshardham complex has, as part of a temple, just because they happen to be in the vicinity."

Raja also noted that the Thiruvannamalai Temple dedicated to Lord Siva is even larger — at 25 acres or 10.89 lakh sq ft — than the Meenakshi Temple. “However, the built-up area in Madurai covers a wider area than Thiruvannamalai,” he said. Also the main tower at Thiruvannamali is 217 ft high.

Even these two temple complexes are dwarfed in size when one takes into account the massive Sri Ranganthaswamy Temple complex in Srirangam near Tiruchy, a noted historian pointed out.

“Srirangam, surrounded by the waters of river Kaveri, is a 600-acre island-town enclosed within the seven walls of the gigantic Sri Ranganathaswami Temple. There are 21 gopurams, among which the Rajagopuram (on the left) is the tallest in South India — it is 72 metres (about 220 ft) in height, and dates to the 17th century, although it was fully completed in 1987. The temple complex measures 950 metres by 816 metres (about half a square mile) along its outer perimeter,“ writes Prof VS Seshadri.

"But we are curious to know if their officials visited our large temples like Srirangam, Madurai Meenakshi, Thiruvannamalai and Thiruvarur temples before arriving at this verdict," said a senior official of the Temple Administration Department.

State Temple Administration officials, however, said they have no immediate plan to challenge the Guinness classification of Akshardham.

“But we are curious to know if their officials visited our large temples like Srirangam, Madurai Meenakshi, Thiruvannamalai and Thiruvarur temples before arriving at this verdict,” said a senior official of the Temple Administration Department.

Jay Swaminarayan.

This is not right. Media should do their hoewrok before assuming a temple is bigger. There are bigger temples in Southern India. The BAPS delhi complex is more of a Mueseum rather than a Temple.

Does He not go to do darshan of Nar Narayandev/Harikrushna Maharaj when he comes to amdavad? That is the Mandir where swaminarayan bhagwan consecrated the Murti of bhagwan Himself.

I haven't heard that. were's the proof?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=1000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>title.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=1000 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=30 background=images/leftbg.gif> </TD><TD width=940>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I haven't heard that. were's the proof?

It was a question not a statement. Also he does come to do sarshan in the Mandirs. I have picture. He even comes to Bhuj and does darshan of Nar Narayan Dev. Shame about his followers.

Building temples alone doesnt mean anything if the word of God who is being worshipped in that temple is broken and not followed. What use is such a temple?