IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Killing yourself and the consequenses.....

Rate this topic

Hey y'all,

a few days ago my friend, Patty, was so fed up with life that she was ready to kil herself and able to cause more havoc......she wanted to throw herself for a train and even my telephone call to her didn't work, I told her for example that the soul is always desiring to get out of this material world and this was the wrong way to do it and so on....she refuted all my points, everything......she even didn't believe in God anymore, very strange for someone who clearly believes in reincarnation.....

Anyway...she didn't do it, luckily, but it leaves me with a question.....

What will happen with people who kill themselves, where do they go, what is the process of them to be reborn, how long does that take and so on.....I heard about Lord Shiva riding Nanda around the planet to pick up all these peole who kill themselves, becoming a ghost.....

What do the scriptures say ????

Thankx in advance.....

Hey y'all,

a few days ago my friend, Patty, was so fed up with life that she was ready to kil herself and able to cause more havoc......she wanted to throw herself for a train and even my telephone call to her didn't work, I told her for example that the soul is always desiring to get out of this material world and this was the wrong way to do it and so on....she refuted all my points, everything......she even didn't believe in God anymore, very strange for someone who clearly believes in reincarnation.....

Anyway...she didn't do it, luckily, but it leaves me with a question.....

What will happen with people who kill themselves, where do they go, what is the process of them to be reborn, how long does that take and so on.....I heard about Lord Shiva riding Nanda around the planet to pick up all these peole who kill themselves, becoming a ghost.....

What do the scriptures say ????

Thankx in advance.....

I think that this is a realy important subject which is surely very much underestimated by many. Material nature is by far more intelligent and examines in great detail such decisions by ourselves. Why exactly are we so unsatisfied and frustrated? This human form is given to us as a loan by material nature, how we can consider to destroy something what doesnt belong to us? What we see in large scale is that presently many people are not satisfied with the facilities this human body offers and it should be clear that material nature wont give them a human body again. This human form of live is not meant for sense gratification but this is what human society is being taught by rascal leaders. Using this human form of live for sense gratification immediately puts us into the position of finding out that animals are by far more happy and have much better facilities for sense pleasures.

And when people are being asked they dont mind to become an animal. Why? Dvi-pada-pasu, many so called humans are already on the animal platform, therefore they dont mind of throwing away this valuable human form of live.

I've always heard that people who commit suicide become ghosts who wander aimlessly, without even the faculties posessed by the average ghost. Eventually they take another body, human or animal, depending. In any case, they don't go to hell for eternity, as Christianity teaches.

IMO, suicide is a karmic destiny for some people...it's the ultimate irrational act, and as such a person who does this would have to be profoundly mentally ill. Mental illness is very unfortunate and surely a symptom of heavy reactions that are manifesting in a person's life, but like all other states of material happiness and distress, it is temporary and does not affect the eternal soul.

I tried many times myself. I think if I knew somebody who was trying I wouldn't personally start quoting scripture. I'd probably tell them to get a Pizza and some nice food. I think sometimes people don't realize how serious a personal can be etc.

But they have no hope left. So you have to give them hope. Telling somebody they gonna become a ghost (for me), wouldn't change my mind.

Hope like > Food, Family, Erm Food. Job etc. hehe

Pankaja Prabhu...if you had really, truly wanted to kill yourself, you would have succeeded.

What I'm referring to is suicide as the result of profound psychotic depression, in which the sufferer has literally lost the normal reasoning faculties and accompanying sense of right and wrong. This state of mind may indeed evolve from a series of tragic events or heavy setbacks.

You're right, quoting scripture to a deeply-suicidal person or telling them that they'll come back as a ghost or cockroach or something like that won't help...drastic medical measures are required.

I did because I don't know, maybe I was bored. If I could tell you the feeling the point when I 'did it'. It was like just a sort of anyway, don't want to give anybody any ideas. I got a Tub of water (wash bowl etc), put my feet inside. Wet feet. Sat on my bed. Put electric hairdryer on, held my hanuman chalisa in my left hand or right, can't rmemeber, closed my eyes and dropped the hair dryer in the water. Just like dropped it. Then I thought that's it. After few seconds I heard the hairdryer still working (UNDERWATER), lol, I picked it up it was wet all the way thru. I thought, must be a erm waterproof. Anyway, it didn't work. That was long time ago. I suppose Hanumanji saved me then.

Yeah....

I tried to tell many things, also that she would come back as a ghost, but she really didn't care about that, she said like : "We will see that then...."

At the end of the telephone conversation I was desparate and didn't know what to say anymore....her mind was very much into it, you know....then I remembered something from the television I had seen years ago....that was a scene in which a man wanted to kill himself by jumping out of a window of a high building......he was standing on a edge outside of the window and the man who wanted to save his butt, had talked to him for a long time, but got so fed up with the smart answers that in the end the guy became irritated and told the potential suicidal guy to just go ahead and kill himself if he really wants......he said, with arm gestures and so, like...okey...then jump, men.....be my guest !!!!.....

So I told the same to Patty and it became quite on the other side of the line for a while......then she said...sorry... twice and hung up on me......

I walked to my room and decided to chant, but got such a bad feeling about it, so I walked back to the restaurant to call her again, but got an answer machine....in which I spoke with very soft voice not to follow my advice......it was around 23.00 or so....I fel asleep with a very, very bad feeling and woke up 09.30 the next day......so late !!!

I don't know....she didn't do it although it was also my fault that she was like that...I gave her hope for something, promised her "the best seat on the green hill for free" (that was in my dream, a few days before) and then dissapointed her big time......yes, I made a mistake, because of Kamdev, shooting some arrow on me........but there were many more factors, only this one was..."the drop that got the bucket to be overflown" as we say in The Netherlands.....no, that was the karate thing from her that same day, she was kicked out of the team for a strange reason and they verbally harassed her little kid......still she managed to be 3rd on the Dutch open championships......

Anyway.....I tried to kill myself twice, when I got back from India in 2003.....once taking an overdose of sleeping pills and I wasn't afraid, I felt myself a "chosen" person, "chosen" by God.....the second time it was because of a dream I had a week later....I jumped from an overway on the asfalt 5.5 meters down....again I wasn't afraid, felt it was the only and right thing to do.......yeah......protecting people who you love can express itself in many ways.......but the dreams, men !!!

Haribol.....