IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How does Bhakti affect family who are not Bhakti's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

accept my humble obeisances, Prabhupada Ki Jay !!

I want to know three things and that is the following :

1 - how does Krishna or Vishnu worship affect your family who are not into Bhakti, eat meat, enjoy material life, work hard for wife and children or are in Tamas Guna ?

2 - I heard that there might be a purification process going on towards the forefathers, present family and generations to come, is this true ?

3 a- And how to worship Krishna or Vishnu to promote them for sure to, at least, the heavenly planets, is this possible ?

3 b-( i know the story of RamaKrishna's father, who worshipped Vishnu in Gaya and then saw all his forefathers going to some planets)

So if this is true, how to do this ?

Thank you in advance !!!

Curious.

Guest guest

As far as I know, if someone does bhakti, the non-bhakta family also gets some of its pure and sweet fruits automatically. It is not neccessary to do any other purificatory processes for their elevation, becasue it is the most powerful and also brings the most lasting effects - compared to rituals for help them attaining heavenly planets, for example.

Guest guest

So that means that i am doing the right thing, still i want to do something extra, do you think the prayers i recite (made up by myself) are already extra enough ?

Thank you for answering me.

One more thing you can do is get small pictures of your relatives. Place them in a area either just outside your alter or below your deities and spiritual master in the alter.

Offer them prasadam. Do not eat the prasadam offered to your relatives.

One more thing you can do is get small pictures of your relatives. Place them in a area either just outside your alter or below your deities and spiritual master in the alter.

Offer them prasadam. Do not eat the prasadam offered to your relatives.

Kind of sounds overly ritualistic, or smarta. I'm not trying to be a smarta-asana either, so please excuse me. I guess I shouldn't be so audacious since this advice is probably coming from a saintly person. Can you put that prasadam out to be eaten by the birds, instead of throwing it away?

Guest guest

Hello,

accept my humble obeisances, Prabhupada Ki Jay !!

I want to know three things and that is the following :

1 - how does Krishna or Vishnu worship affect your family who are not into Bhakti, eat meat, enjoy material life, work hard for wife and children or are in Tamas Guna ?

2 - I heard that there might be a purification process going on towards the forefathers, present family and generations to come, is this true ?

3 a- And how to worship Krishna or Vishnu to promote them for sure to, at least, the heavenly planets, is this possible ?

3 b-( i know the story of RamaKrishna's father, who worshipped Vishnu in Gaya and then saw all his forefathers going to some planets)

So if this is true, how to do this ?

Thank you in advance !!!

Curious.

Hare Krsna Guest

I have been living in this discribed maner for 27 yrs. And time has not made it any easier.

No 1. Your success is transfered to your family, they will get benifit 10 generations forward and back.

No 2. The purification is for you. You are the practicing bhakta, not them. they will get from your advancement an apportunity for themselves to act on in the future. This extends forward and backward through the generations from you.

If in your question you are refering to pindi or oblations once a yr to the departed forfathers, Lord Caitanya participated in such rituals and we can too. It is also talked about in the SB. But for simplicities sake just chant offenselessly the holly names of Krsna, Rama and Hari.

No 3.a No guaranties for them. Just you.

No 3.b Follow the rules of Bhakti Yoga yourself.

Hare Krsna, Caturbahu das Bhakti-Raja

Hare Krsna Caturbahu dasa B.R.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Nice reply to the guest in need. I wonder how entities like George the Cat and little Ginger who was hit by a passing car fit into the scheme after hearing their human caretakers chanting "Hare Krsna" to them so often.

Anyhow, there is an interesting thread discussion I am involved in on this forum. It is titled "Response to "Krsna" regarding Initiation".

It all started when I responded to something "Krsna" said on the topic of "origin of the living entity". His statements and purpose seemed off topic and I had to question the origin of authority by which he made his claims.

A bunch of other people have already weighed in, and it has become quite lively.

See you there?

Hare Krsna

ys

B.M.Devarisi

Guest guest

Hello,

i keep on changing my name, maybe i will be in total bliss and ecstasy after a few more replies.

But the idea of putting pictures of family members in front of an altar sounds like music to my ears, i like this extra thing, so thank you Janardan, for this advice, may your mind be purified and your heart be blessed.

I didn't know Lord Caitanya did this kind of thing, so i guess i am free to do it as well, many thanks for this advice as well GuestCBhakti, may the Gods grant you whatever you wish for to uplift you in your spiritual quest.

Best wishes !!

Guest guest

Hare Krsna,

Please excuse the font, this what I could find on the subject of pinda(oblations to the forefathers). The best method is engaging in devotional service yourself, but one or the other should be done for them.

CB-R

BG. 1-41

saìkaro narakäyaiva

kula-ghnänäà kulasya ca

patanti pitaro hy eñäà

lupta-piëòodaka-kriyäù

saìkaraù—such unwanted children; narakäya—for hellish life; eva—certainly; kula-ghnänäm—of those who are killers of the family; kulasya—of the family; ca—also; patanti—fall down; pitaraù—forefathers; hi—certainly; eñäm—of them; lupta—stopped; piëòa—offerings; udaka—water; kriyäù—performance.

TRANSLATION

When there is increase of unwanted population, a hellish situation is created both for the family and for those who destroy the family tradition. In such corrupt families, there is no offering of oblations of food and water to the ancestors.

PURPORT

According to the rules and regulations of fruitive activities, there is a need to offer periodical food and water to the forefathers of the family. This offering is performed by worship of Viñëu, because eating the remnants of food offered to Viñëu can deliver one from all kinds of sinful actions. Sometimes the forefathers may be suffering from various types of sinful reactions, and sometimes some of them cannot even acquire a gross material body and are forced to remain in subtle bodies as ghosts. Thus, when remnants of prasädam food are offered to forefathers by descendants, the forefathers are released from ghostly or other kinds of miserable life. Such help rendered to forefathers is a family tradition, and those who are not in devotional life are required to perform such rituals. One who is engaged in the devotional life is not required to perform such actions. Simply by performing devotional service, one can deliver hundreds and thousands of forefathers from all kinds of misery. It is stated in the Bhägavatam:

devarñi-bhütäpta-nånäà pitèëäà

na kiìkaro näyamåëé ca räjan

sarvätmanä yaù çaraëaà çaraëyaà

gato mukundaà parihåtya kartam

“Anyone who has taken shelter of the lotus feet of Mukunda, the giver of liberation, giving up all kinds of obligation, and has taken to the path in all seriousness, owes neither duties nor obligations to the demigods, sages, general living entities, family members, humankind or forefathers.” (Bhäg. 11.5.41) Such obligations are automatically fulfilled by performance of devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Bg 1.42

CC. Adi 17-8

TEXT 8

TEXT

tabeta karilä prabhu gayäte gamana

éçvara-puréra saìge tathäi milana

SYNONYMS

tabeta—thereafter; karilä—did; prabhu—Lord Caitanya Mahäprabhu; gayäte—to Gayä; gamana—travel; éçvara-puréra saìge—with Éçvara Puré; tathäi—there; milana—meeting.

TRANSLATION

Thereafter the Lord went to Gayä. There He met Çréla Éçvara Puré.

PURPORT

Çré Caitanya Mahäprabhu went to Gayä to offer respectful oblations to His forefathers. This process is called piëòa-däna. In Vedic society, after the death of a relative, especially one’s father or mother, one must go to Gayä and there offer oblations to the lotus feet of Lord Viñëu. Therefore hundreds and thousands of men gather in Gayä daily to offer such oblations, or çräddha. Following this principle, Lord Caitanya Mahäprabhu also went there to offer piëòa to His dead father. Fortunately He met Éçvara Puré there.

Ädi 17.9

Guest guest

Thank you very much for the references, i am very much relieved now, things are gonna "rock my world" in the future, but this is comforting,

Hare Krishna and hope to see you one day in Goloka Vrindavan !!!

When they serve you, they benefit. The master is pleased when you pet his dog.

I was meditating, listening to some MP3 Prabhupada. My son got free pop at this contest, so he brought me a free non-caffeinated can. Then I saw how he became renounced and noble, like Arjuna on a skateboard.