IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

When Siddhi will be achieved?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nikhileshwaram Nikhileshwaram Nikhileshwaram

[These are words of a high order Yogi of Siddhashram. We may have difficulty in understanding this and defining on the basis of out little experience, still there is something to tell us that answers and destination come through sadhna only]

During the sadhna when the yearning of doing Mantra Japa at the fixed time creates an overpowering will power to leave all other works then siddhi is about to be achieved for sure.

Nikhileshwaram Nikhileshwaram Nikhileshwaram

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

Sir,

With no proper gurus to guide how am i to guide myself towards any mantra as it is said that only a guru can give mantra.Can one chant mantras without initiation like of mahamrutyunjay, om namah shivay, om namo venkatesaya??

Also i have been going through many threads in this forum, in which one person says we can pray to Adiguru Lord Shiva if no guru is available and start chanting mantra.

Being brahmin I have been initiated into gayathri, i have studied(know the recitation)of vedas to some extent. This has been through the grace of lord.I am devotee of saibaba and reverentially pray to him.

So now as Om namah shivaya being taught ceremonially to me as i was kid through Aksharabhyasa will suffice or gayathri will suffice.I also heard that one needs to chant 1,25,000 times to attain sidhhi.I also heard that if one chants them on an Eclipse day it can be shortcut to still less.

This year i believe there are 3 more eclipses coming. Can we utilise them assuming i chant any mantra.

The desire for me to attain mantra siddhi is only to help me in my education(Which has got delayed) and spiritual progress and nothing more!!!

Please take time to reply.

Sairam.

First start with simple devotion/Bhakti.

rest all will come automatically.

Remember our body chip is programed when we born and very few fortunate people in this world can change it,yes very few hence dont jump on first instance.Go slowly and steadily to win this most difficult race of Mrityuloka.

If it is for education, or indeed even moksha, Gayathri mantra is sufficient. Gayathri upasana, which you have been initiated into, will remove all darkness from the mind and enhance intelligence. A guru will come at the proper time, when you are ready for Him/Her.

You want Mantra Siddhi. But do you know what Mantra Siddhi is. Is it defined in any scripture? What do you hope to gain by Mantra Siddhi.

There is a parable told by Sri Ramkrishna. A disciple of a certain Guru was unhappy about not getting any Siddhi. So he left his Guru and wandered off. After five years he returned to the Guru and told him that he has attained Siddhi. He took the Guru to the banks of a river and then crossed the river walking on water. He came back thinking that the Guru would be impressed.

The Guru took out 4 Annas (1 Cent) and gave it to him. He was shocked. The Guru advised him that this was the cost of hiring a boat to cross the river. So the Siddhi was worth 1 cent. And the disciple had wasted five years for this.

Decide what you want by reciting the Mantra? Ashtama Siddhi? What is the earthly use except joining a freak show?

Siddhis are the biggest impediments to self-realization/Mukthi or whatever is the final goal depending upon your tradition.