IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

A Calander

Rate this topic

I didnt know where else to post this.. I usualy get responses here when I dont know where to post something.

Ive been looking for a Hindu Calendar and my luck is bad.. I did find some sites like http://hinduism.iskcon.com/practice/402.htm

I tried using a Moon Phase calendar along side the info on the list but I couldnt fit the moon phase with the chart. I must be doing something wrong. However if someone knows where I can find a Calendar that would be fantastic!! I have downloaded the Vedic Calendar here at India Divine and its not what I'm looking for.. It gives Western Dates and Events on those dates.. I want an actual Calendar

That would be Fantastic!!!! Thank you times a million! Umm.. need my address?

silex@virtual.dyc.edu

I have a few Hindu calendars. I hope these are what you are looking for. But still, please tell me what the calendar should contain so that whatever I send you is really useful for you. In other words, let me know what you will use the calendar for.

I want it for 2 reasons.. 1 - So I know when the (Hindu) Holidays are and 2 - I just would like to know what the date is on the Hindu Calendar.. I just found it fascinating the more I tried to find it.. How its all set up by a lunar phase.. Also made me think about Hindu Astrology.. And not the stuff like we get here in the U.S.

Ok I think I have it right.. every month starts on a new moon.. So the 20th of December is the first of Pausha. Now I just dont know what day of the week it is.. The first of Pausha falls on what day of the week?

I would still like a copy of your Calendar Avinash

I cant figure this out. I thought I had it but I dont.. I tried to map out the Months according to the moon. I have the first of Magha on Jan 19th because of the new moon.. But I count out only 29 days of the month of Magha. when I have read Magha has 30 days.. I must be doing something wrong.

Ok I think I have it right.. every month starts on a new moon.. So the 20th of December is the first of Pausha. Now I just dont know what day of the week it is.. The first of Pausha falls on what day of the week?

I would still like a copy of your Calendar Avinash

I just have send you a calender, is this what you're looking for?