Sign in to follow this  
Sridas

Invitation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj

His Life and Mission in brief

Appearance and holy place of Advent:

Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj appeared in this world on December 17th, 1929, at Bamunpara, a small rural village in the Burdwan district of West Bengal. According to the Vaishnava lunar calendar, his Appearance on the Dvitiya day of the month of Narayan falls generally in the latter half of December.

When he joined this Math and Mission:

Srila Govinda Maharaj joined the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math in 1947 at the age of seventeen. A few weeks later, Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj, his Guru and the founder of this Mission, surprised everyone by announcing that his young disciple would later become his successor.

Forty-two years trained and prepared by his Guru:

Srila Govinda Maharaj lived forty-two years in the close association of his Gurudev, and was prepared by him. During that time Srila Sridhar Dev-Goswami gave his association and deep love, and firmly established him as his most prominent disciple.

Intimate associate of Prabhupad Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj:

The Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math was started in 1941, more than twenty five years before ISKCON. The founder of ISKCON, Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad considered Srila Sridhar Maharaj as his Siksha-Guru. He considered Srila Govinda Maharaj as his dearmost son, and taught him Srimad Bhagavad-gita. Srila Govinda Maharaj is continuing the world preaching of Krishna consciousness with the spirit and dedication shown by Srila Prabhupad. His Mission is distinct from ISKCON, but Srila Govinda Maharaj has much appreciation for their preaching work, and is well respected by the devotees of that institution.

Srila Govinda Maharaj's education and preparation:

Srila Sridhar Maharaj himself saw to Srila Govinda Maharaj's education, and had him properly trained in Sanskrit and Bengali grammar and literary composition, as well as the conclusions of the Shastras (Vedic literatures). From the beginning, Srila Govinda Maharaj demonstrated a remarkable memory and the ability to learn quickly just by hearing. He has deep insight, and the ability to capture even what is not apparent to others.

Srila Govinda Maharaj, the builder of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math:

In 1941, Srila Sridhar Maharaj announced in Sanskrit verse that the glories of the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math would be known throughout the world. At that time, the "Math" was only a humble straw house. It is Srila Govinda Maharaj who under the direction and supervision of his Guru built and manifest the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math.

In 1986, Srila Govinda Maharaj was given the chair of Srila Guru Maharaj:

In 1986, Srila Sridhar Maharaj established Srila Govinda Maharaj in his chair. Thus, more than two years before his departure from this world, Srila Govinda Maharaj's spiritual master happily saw the culmination of his desires and the culmination of his preparation of Srila Govinda Maharaj as his successor. His vision for the future manifest when he gave Srila Govinda Maharaj the responsibility for maintaining his Deities, Mission and devotees.

Fulfilling the prophecy of Srila Sridhar Maharaj:

Today, with more than 64 temples worldwide, and more than 20,000 followers throughout the world, Srila Govinda Maharaj is fulfilling the prophecy of Srila Sridhar Maharaj. Srila Govinda Maharaj has commented that he is repeatedly travelling throughout the world just to see how the prophecy of Srila Guru Maharaj (Srila Sridhar Maharaj) has come true. Of course, it is Srila Govinda Maharaj himself who is manifesting and fulfilling this prophecy.

Twenty world tours:

As of January 2004, Srila Govinda Maharaj has travelled on twenty world tours, and visited countries all over the world. Due to the sincere invitation and insistence of a growing worldwide community, Srila Govinda Maharaj tirelessly travels and visits the devotees, and true seekers. He has travelled repeatedly to all the major continents of the world, and appeared on national television and radio worldwide. In Mexico, in the important seaport of Veracruz, he was honoured by the Mayor with the key to the city, an honour previously bestowed upon the Queen of England and other distinguished personalities.

Important centres in London, America, Australia, Russia, etc.:

Today, due to the preaching of Srila Govinda Maharaj, there are prominent centres in London, in America, South America, Australia, throughout Europe, South Africa and Mauritius, and the Middle-East. In Russia alone there are five important centres, thousands of devotees, and a large Jagannath temple is being built in St. Petersburg (formerly Leningrad) on the shores of the Baltic Sea.

Books and publications:

More than two hundred different books have been published in more than twenty languages. Millions of copies of books, monthly magazines such as Gaudiya Darshan, Sadhu Sangha, and Vaishnava Toshani, and other publications have been distributed worldwide.

Spreading India's culture, fame, and teachings throughout the world:

Srila Govinda Maharaj is the most prominent living representative of Gaudiya Vaishnavism in the world today. He is actually the head of the Rupanuga line, and a true follower in the line of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. He is an eminent scholar and writer trained and versed in both Sanskrit and Bengali. We are pleased to introduce you to such an honourable, outstanding devotee, saint, gentleman, and true Vaishnava: Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj.

"His Life and Mission" by His Holiness Swami B.P. Janardan Maharaj for: Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip.

When I hear or read Srila B.S. Govinda Maharaja talk about "love and affection" it gives a fallen person like me some hope. If the basis of Krsna Consciousness is love and affection then if by Divine Mercy we have received even a drop of that then it becomes our responsibility to give to other what we have gotten. Some times we may be compromised by family duties, having to secure an income and so many things. Then at least we can treat those who are fellow practioners with some, just some love and affection. Everyone whether they are an official follower or not can benefit so much from the association of Srila Bhakti Sundar-dev Gosvami Maharaja.

Dandavats Shakti fan,

These are nice sentiments prabhu, I can appreciate your feeling.

Although I may just be one insignificant patita jiva aspiring for a drop of the mercy flowing from His Grace, like a cataka in the desert.

Still by the grace of Govinda we have the divya darsan of Srila Govinda Maharaj and by the Grace of Srila Govinda Maharaj we can feel the Grace of Sri Govinda, and see the living practical application of all that Srila Sridhara Maharaj spoke of and poured into our beloved well wishing guardian..... Heart and Halo. Vapu and vani, form and substance. ki jaya

Guest guest

One day Srila Gurudev (Srila Govinda Dev) explained Saraswat Aroti to me.

He told me how Krishna was feeling unfulfilled, because Radharani was tasting a beautiful type of rasa (in her absolute state of humility and devotion) and Krishna, being the Lord, was unable to taste that type of joy of devotion. So when Krishna was meditating on Sri Radha (sitting beneath the Imli tree on the Yamuna rivers' shore at Seva Kunja, Sri Krishna became Gaura-Govinda (Golden Govinda). He felt, "Oh what bliss! I want to live a whole lifetime feeling this bliss". And so he appeared in the womb of Sachi mata in a family of pious and devoted brahmins living in Nabadwip. The brahmins are engaged in worship, and Gaura Sundara came into the world to show the world the highest form of worship.

This is what Gurudev told me.

It was bliss, listening to him.

One day Srila Gurudev (Srila Govinda Dev) explained Saraswat Aroti to me.

He told me how Krishna was feeling unfulfilled, because Radharani was tasting a beautiful type of rasa (in her absolute state of humility and devotion) and Krishna, being the Lord, was unable to taste that type of joy of devotion. So when Krishna was meditating on Sri Radha (sitting beneath the Imli tree on the Yamuna rivers' shore at Seva Kunja, Sri Krishna became Gaura-Govinda (Golden Govinda). He felt, "Oh what bliss! I want to live a whole lifetime feeling this bliss". And so he appeared in the womb of Sachi mata in a family of pious and devoted brahmins living in Nabadwip. The brahmins are engaged in worship, and Gaura Sundara came into the world to show the world the highest form of worship.

This is what Gurudev told me.

It was bliss, listening to him.

I hear you guest, and i guess that's why many devotees like to be in his presence, for just being there takes all the worries and stress of this material world away from the conditioned souls.

It's just not possible to explain the experience of being wrapped in his lotus like embrace, as every atom of your existence dances to the tune of that original primordial vibration that projects from his heart, to the heart's of his company.

What to speak of hearing Sri Sri Radha-Govinda katha that gives revelation form and substance to ones feelings. Just like being there.

What a wonderful gift to the baddha jivas of this world.

Gaura Hari bol.

While we are here I hope no one would object to me offering a few words of praise to his Divine Grace before I take off for the Sri Vyasa Puja celebrations.

Karuna Sagara

(To the ocean of compassion)

om ajnana timirandhasya jnananjana salakaya

caksur-unmilitam yena tasmai sri-guruve namah

vancha-kalpatarubyas ca krpa-sindhubhya eva ca

patitanam pavanebhyo vaisnavebhyo namo namah

Dear Srila Guru dev,

You extend your mercy and kindness to this patita jiva

Ever nourishing and sustaining our hope

Bestowing soothing relief like some divine mystical diva

Inspiring a purpose to live for, and the way to cope

Tomara hrdoya sada govinda-visram

Govinda kohena-mama vaisnava <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>parana</st1:place></st1:City>

In your heart Sri Govinda takes rest

Transmitting life to the hearts of the blest

Ye tu dharmamrtam idam yathoktam paryupasate

Saddhadhana mat-parama, bhaktaste ‘tiva me priyah

Among the fortunate souls adored by Him as his very own

You shine resplendent, guiding the honest back to their home sweet home

Bestowing His refuge through your faith sublime

Worshiping the path of devotion, Oh so divine

Acharyam mam vijaniyam nava manyeta karhicit

He lives and gives through you, showing us His grace

Exemplifying love and devotion to the whole human race

It’s told where would we be without Sri Mahaprabhu

But equally how could we live without the mercy of you

Yogyata-vicare, kitchu nahi pai

Tomara karuna sara

For your mercy truly puts animation in our heart

And without it, we ever remain worlds apart

from any good quality, company or cause

Subject to the material worlds merciless laws

arcayitva tu govindam tadiyam narcayet tu yah

na sa bhagavato jeyah kevalam dambhikah smrtah

Professing to worship Sri Govinda will do us little good

Without service to the servants of Sri Govinda's servant you make clearly understood

srila govinda sundara-pada sada koro asa

Ever aspiring to serve an atomic particle of dust that takes shelter under the jewelled toenails of your lovely lotus feet, where all auspiciousness congregates

Where the fulfillment of life’s purpose is found.

Where the beelike devotees gather and share with the Earth the nectar of their divine fortune.

Where revelations abound

Prema bhakti yaha hoite avidya vinasa yati

You defeat illusion with the power of devotion and love

By distributing the grace of guru and govinda sent from above

Spreading the glories of the Holy Names to one and all

Like a tidal wave of bhakti destoying the mayavad wall

Upholding the dignity of the Gaudiya conception

Thru example of humility, tolerance, honor and affection

Ye chayaya jagata juday

And the whole world can find soothing relief there

rakho ranga caranera pasa

So kindly caste your gracious glance upon my painfully separated existence

Endeavoring to be yours in whatever capacity you see fit.

By your affection I offer my koti dandavat pranams to this the blessed occasion of your appearance. Also to time and Srila Guru Maharaj for giving us these moments in eternity that you came into our life thereby extending his love to us all.

Yours

The aspiring dasanudas

Guest guest

sunyayitam jagat sarvam govinda virahena me

Every place is as good as nothing,

If I cannot find you there, Govindadeva.

And wherever you are,

That place is full of sweetness...

madhuram madhuram vapur asya vibhor

madhuram madhuram vadanam madhuram

madhu gandhi mrdu smitam etad aho

madhuram madhuram madhuram madhuram

To deliver the souls from this world of illusion

you took birth in Nabadwip Dham,

in a family of pious brahmin Vaishnavas,

in the lineage of Prabhu Nityananda.

Appearing as the Acharya,

in your avesha form, Prabhu,

you deliver the fallen souls,

and enlighten the exalted souls

All glory to Sri Govindadeva.

Jayore jayore jay, Parahamsa Mahasaya!

- murali

Guest guest

Being a follower of ISKCON, I have never met His Divine Grace, nor seen him in person. But just from reading about him, it is clear that he is an extremely exalted personality. All glories to that great Vaisnava Acarya Srila Bhakti Sundara Govinda Dev Goswami Maharaj!

sunyayitam jagat sarvam govinda virahena me

Every place is as good as nothing,

If I cannot find you there, Govindadeva.

And wherever you are,

That place is full of sweetness...

madhuram madhuram vapur asya vibhor

madhuram madhuram vadanam madhuram

madhu gandhi mrdu smitam etad aho

madhuram madhuram madhuram madhuram

To deliver the souls from this world of illusion

you took birth in Nabadwip Dham,

in a family of pious brahmin Vaishnavas,

in the lineage of Prabhu Nityananda.

Appearing as the Acharya,

in your avesha form, Prabhu,