IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

contemporary Krishna music

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Im cultivating a particular radio show and they are happy to play contemporary music mixed with the holy names, Ive got them to play Sri Hari and a few tracks by an old devotee band Rasa but wondered if anyone knows any other modern style groups even Hip hop or rave, whatever, as long as its connected to Krishna. Pure mrdanga and kartels would just not fit on this radio, any pointers would be much appreciateed. Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna prabhu!

check ISKCON Sydney audio website, it has some interesting music bands.

I cant post links, but just open google and type "ISKCON Sydney audio"

Haribol!

anand

Try Karnamrta she sings like a gandarva, very sweet and easy to listen to. Also you may just find some others here at White swan music that fit the bill.

http://www.whiteswanmusic.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/product_id/430

My personal favs are Prem Joshua and also Nitin Sawhney for sheer brilliant musical ability in the World fusion genre altho not your traditional bhajan they really are contemporary fusion geniuses, while still keeping Indian roots.

I listen to these guys as much as bhajan for inspiration, as they seem to tap into and play on the ancient genetic code in a contemporary way, that opens one's soul to other dimentions, very cool minstrels, very inspirational.

Also Krsna das may be suitable at:

www.krishnadas.com/

www.nitinsawhney.com

http://www.premjoshua.com/index.htm

hope these help

ys Sridas

Hey Ana ,

You might also get something from Kula Shaker for more upbeat sound or Pia for similar RASA mood. If you want to go down memory lane try to get a hold of the old 'Benediction Moon' album or 'Mantra Electric' and 'A very Gentle Force' by Siddha Swarupananda, give 'em a spin.

Guest guest

ok thanks Prabhus and i would ask is there an online resourse for benediction moon you know of and any more links are much appreciated. im not sure how to download the Iskcon sydney tracks as its streamed. Im really looking for any easy free downloads I can salvage and forward. Has anyone ever heard of a devotee rapper called Bhakti, any internet links for his music? once again thank you very much, Gouranga Hare krishna. Tom