IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
flipchip

circumcision

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is the Vaisnava view on circumcision?

that it hurts like hell and is baaaad, as well as just plain gentital mutilation.

Guest guest

Two five year old boys are sitting in a hospital waiting room. One leans over to the other and says, "What are you in here for?"

The other says, "Circumcision."

The first boy says "Oh, man! I had that done right after I was born. I couldn't walk for a year!"

Do you mean will the Vaisnavas be chosen if they are roundhead or cavalier?

What is the Vaisnava view on circumcision?

It originates not even from the Old Testament but in the ancient Voodoo cults of African tribes. Since Israel is next to Agypt=Africa it might have been introduced from there. Every African tribe had certain ways to make them distinguish from other tribes and thats it. Of course one also could explain the rites of voodoo to understand the African "esoteric meaning" of circumcision but basically it is to create togetherness. In the Vedas there's no such thing as circumcision. It is nothing but some bodily brand marking.

Guest guest

circumcision is a sin. we have eyelids to protect our eyes, nails to protect our fingertips and foreskin to protect the glans of the penis from infection.

it says in the bhavisha purana written by sage vyas that in the kali yuga people will mutliate their genitals (muslims,jews etc) it is god given and abusing your body.

people say it is more hygenic without foreskin but this is utterly a silly argument, why is it cleaner? why not pull your foreskin back and clean it lol!

also circumcised males are prone to a less sensitive head and also infectious diseases such as meatitis:

What is the relationship between circumcision and meatitis?

Meatitis is more common in boys who have been circumcised. This stands to reason since, in circumcised boys the urethral meatus is more exposed and likely to be chaffed than in boys that were not circumcised.

meatitis (meatitis) (me”ə-ti´tis) inflammation of the urinary meatus, seen most often in boys or men as a complication of circumcision.

source: google (search meatitis, i cant seem to post direct links as i am a newbie :( )

it was invented or adopted out of neccessity by the desert dwelling people who never properly cleaned themselves, primarily because water was precious, but also because they were ignorant. it was later written into their religious tradition, as a price for a covenant with their god. the rest is history.

it was invented or adopted out of neccessity by the desert dwelling people who never properly cleaned themselves, primarily because water was precious, but also because they were ignorant. it was later written into their religious tradition, as a price for a covenant with their god. the rest is history.

Just yesterday there was a documentation on TV that in the time of the Old Testament the Kingdom of Babylonia wasnt a desert but a tropical paradise - everything green with fruit trees, forests, pasturing grounds, rivers, lakes, waterfalls etc. Only when the demoniac king Nebukadnezar kicked out the Israely people the whole area of the Middle East started to turn into a horrible desert including Egypt and Morocco. In order to set a symbol that this time is over they opened the world's biggest cowshed, the Al Safi Dairy in the middle of the Saudi desert with 32,000 cows and 500,000 l milk per day. Of course the water doesnt come from the natural climate but from 2 miles below, a huge lake under the desert. Unfortunately they arent informed that the killing of mother cow will never change the climate and produce regular rainfall. Al Safi dairy is at the same time a huge slaughterhouse in the middle of the desert!

Just yesterday there was a documentation on TV that in the time of the Old Testament the Kingdom of Babylonia wasnt a desert but a tropical paradise - everything green with fruit trees, forests, pasturing grounds, rivers, lakes, waterfalls etc.

that is if we take the Old Testament's story as believable, and the introduction of circumcision dating all the way to Abraham. Since there are many doubts even regarding whether the much later stay of Hebrews in Egypt was a historical fact, that is a big assumption.

that is if we take the Old Testament's story as believable, and the introduction of circumcision dating all the way to Abraham. Since there are many doubts even regarding whether the much later stay of Hebrews in Egypt was a historical fact, that is a big assumption.

Historians also say that they have no visible proof that the Hebrews being kept as slaves in Egypt confinement. The whole thing is a bit fuzzy - something in between fiction and rumor.

Guest guest

Well, whatever the "reason" for people doing it was, let's take our cues from the sastras and NOT do it. I was circumcised at birth, and the area that was pierced by these idiots never completely healed (I'm now 63 years old). It's a stupid procedure, and another form of child abuse.

PAMHO

yus, Bhakta Raj Prabhu das